Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I have a curry on the stove, think it's going to be a hot one! :) :thumbsup:

HcPnzVG.jpg
The hotter the better. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you for the great story behind the beautiful and classic trophy buckles. Perfect image of your two cupcakes.
Thanks, Harvey. :)

I love those bolsters. :cool::thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - I’ve yet to see a less than wonderful Ebony Big ‘Un. A fine image of your Hartshead Lamb and veggies.:)

Good Afternoon Guardians.

1-XL
View attachment 1270176

Thank you Harvey, your IXL is gorgeous :) :thumbsup:

Hey!? where did you get that picture of me Jack? Lol ;) Your Barlow is aging well my friend :)

Thanks Jon! :D :thumbsup:

It’s warmed up today and I could get out for a walk.
Mx9qRqk.jpg

Hope you had a nice one Dave, your Lambsfoot is ageing nicely :) :thumbsup:

The hotter the better. :cool::thumbsup:

:) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I’m carrying my Ebony Waynorth Lambfoot today. :D

48591594626_7e928558e6_o_d.jpg

Looking good, Ron! :thumbsup: I had to make a choice between the Ebony and the Jigged Bone Waynorth Lambsfoot. I went with the Jigged Bone, and it’s a great knife, but sometimes I wish I’d gone with the Ebony. :D

Good Morning Guardians
Here's another buckle for me to show you.
My friend, who had won many roping buckles, would only wear one buckle that his dad had won. His dad had won it many years ago at the Taylorsville 4th of July roping. Every year, the small town of Taylorsville, California has a rodeo. 4th of July is the hot week for rodeos in the US, so it was always kind of cool that this little mountain town rodeo was so popular. Anyways, the day before the rodeo they sometimes would put on a really big jackpot roping contest. It was a pretty big deal when they would do one and ropers from all over would come to compete.

My friend would always talk about how he wanted to win his own Taylorsville buckle some day and how much it would mean to him. Low and behold, one year they decided to run another roping before the Taylorsville rodeo. My friend said, "We have to go and win a buckle!!!" Well, long story short, we did win!!! My friend was so excited and happy, you couldn't wipe the smile off his face. He immediately threw that buckle on his belt and he probably hasn't taken it off since. I was pretty proud of that buckle too because it represented my first "prestigious win". You can see from the wear n tear that I wore it quite often myself. ;)

Shown with my treasured Hartshead Barlow Lambsfoot, Jack Black SFO. :cool::thumbsup:

Great story, John! I attended a lot of rodeos as a kid, but that’s about the extent of my rodeo experience. :D

Skating through the woods with my kids .... and my lambsfoot of course lol :D

Awesome video, Dan! :cool: I’ve never seen an ice skating trail like that.

Good Morning Guardians
The three buckles I've shown previously are the ones I rotate through and wear almost every day. The one I'm showing you today just sits on a shelf and looks pretty. This is the first buckle I won as a heeler. In team roping there are two cowboys that compete as a team. One ropes the head and turns the steer, the other comes in and ropes the heels. I was always a very good header but I had to work hard to become a decent heeler. So, when I won my first heeling buckle it represented a lot of hard work and success. I made the leather frame for it back when I was a saddle maker. Not my best carving, but I was just learning. ;)

Last edited:
Looking good, Ron! :thumbsup: I had to make a choice between the Ebony and the Jigged Bone Waynorth Lambsfoot. I went with the Jigged Bone, and it’s a great knife, but sometimes I wish I’d gone with the Ebony. :D
Thanks Barrett! :) Certainly by no means do I want anyone to think I’m being a braggart. But I’m extremely fortunate to have an example of each of Charlie’s Lambsfoot knives.

48491772311_8e3b0e2a5e_o_d.jpg

Good morning Guardians! :) Today I’m carrying this Wee Sambar! :thumbsup:
41992444392_d1a31a0274_o_d.jpg

Just dropped in to say "Happy Blue Monday" Guardians!
Two Sheffield made items getting acquainted in Syracuse, NY. The Tankard was a Groomsman's gift from a buddy's wedding, back when I was young. :eek:
The Barlow a gift from our own Jack Black Jack Black , when I am old. :cool:
xtxZ5Bi.jpg

XrHLhn6.jpg

Here's a clever shot of the Barlow through the bottom of the Pewter Tankard.;)
BQrPbz3.jpg

You really need to use that tankard more often, especially as it's got history attached to it. :):thumbsup:

I thought I should post a few pics of my grandfather's tankard :thumbsup:

Here it is after being on top of my kitchen cupboard for about a year - filthy! o_O

kaFAbwS.jpg

Cleaning silver is an even dirtier job than cleaning old brass :eek:

pRCbKaj.jpg

After 20 minutes of elbow grease and silver polish, it's looking half-clean :rolleyes:

xr5KSlh.jpg

One of the very first Lambsfoot pics I ever posted on The Porch included my granddad's tankard bottom :thumbsup:

9LuR4pa.jpg

Showing the hanged man - The Last Drop! :eek:

RHma4WE.jpg

Give it a week or so, and it'll be just as filthy as it was before o_O

And that's a smashing looking tankard to Jack.:thumbsup: I'd just buff all the polish off and let it go back to dull and then use it every now and again.:):thumbsup:

donn donn Very nice Oris, David, Nice Image, too. Love that coined bezel.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1269101

Thanks Harvey, it must be 25 years old now and has just come back from it's first service in 10 years.
Greats shot. :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I promised to post my Lambs with some of my favorite trophy buckles.
This one is special because it was my first. It's from a high school rodeo in Arizona.

Good Morning Guardians
Here's another buckle for me to show you.
My friend, who had won many roping buckles, would only wear one buckle that his dad had won. His dad had won it many years ago at the Taylorsville 4th of July roping. Every year, the small town of Taylorsville, California has a rodeo. 4th of July is the hot week for rodeos in the US, so it was always kind of cool that this little mountain town rodeo was so popular. Anyways, the day before the rodeo they sometimes would put on a really big jackpot roping contest. It was a pretty big deal when they would do one and ropers from all over would come to compete.

My friend would always talk about how he wanted to win his own Taylorsville buckle some day and how much it would mean to him. Low and behold, one year they decided to run another roping before the Taylorsville rodeo. My friend said, "We have to go and win a buckle!!!" Well, long story short, we did win!!! My friend was so excited and happy, you couldn't wipe the smile off his face. He immediately threw that buckle on his belt and he probably hasn't taken it off since. I was pretty proud of that buckle too because it represented my first "prestigious win". You can see from the wear n tear that I wore it quite often myself. ;)

Shown with my treasured Hartshead Barlow Lambsfoot, Jack Black SFO. :cool::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
The three buckles I've shown previously are the ones I rotate through and wear almost every day. The one I'm showing you today just sits on a shelf and looks pretty. This is the first buckle I won as a heeler. In team roping there are two cowboys that compete as a team. One ropes the head and turns the steer, the other comes in and ropes the heels. I was always a very good header but I had to work hard to become a decent heeler. So, when I won my first heeling buckle it represented a lot of hard work and success. I made the leather frame for it back when I was a saddle maker. Not my best carving, but I was just learning. ;)

Thanks for posting those John. There really good looking and that's a great story about your mate winning his buckle. :thumbsup: You have some skill working leather as well don't you. :):thumbsup:
It's great a competition gives out awards that are so useful and visible and not just some trophy that would sit on a mantlepiece. :thumbsup:

An old pic.
qIyHYpv.jpg

Back