Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

An old pic.
qIyHYpv.jpg
Thanks for the kind words, David.
Those plaques are very nice, but I like the cup trophy the best. :) What's that one for?

That looks like a GREAT family activity.
Love the way you included the Lamb, and the music was perfect. :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you John :) We are so happy this place opened close to us.
It helps us survive the Canadian winters and get rid of a bit of cabin fever... gets the endorphins flowing ... then a hot chocolate at the end and we all feel :)

Dan, that was awesome. Really put a smile on my face. I love the effort you put into your posts, and the patience and understanding of your family ;)
Welcome Mike :thumbsup:, happy you enjoyed it :) ... ( you are right, my family are all good sports lol :D , so many times in the last few months my wife had to shout to our kids up ahead in the trail " Wait up guys ! ... Dad is taking another knife picture :D )

Awesome video, Dan! :cool: I’ve never seen an ice skating trail like that.
Gracias Barret :thumbsup:, it's a really "cool" :cool: place.... literally lol ... 3 km of skating through the forest :thumbsup:
A local family who have an excavation business decided to use their land and equipment on the slow winter season to provide winter fun for families.
We bought a season pass to support them and really wish their business model it's profitable so they can do this for many years to come .
https://www.countrysideadventures.ca/

After all this ice and snow I want to balance it out with a pic from our summer vacation :)
Ah, the warm sun, the beach, the ocean :)
T6OJLMs.jpg

Thank you kindly, Dennis. Quite proper is your Hartshead with scone.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
d0655e04-5760-4f74-a2a1-edbba8aa7614-jpeg.1267654
Thank you, Harvey, as is yours!!:D:thumbsup:
Dennis the Menace has always been my favourite super-hero
:D:thumbsup:
That looks like a scrumptios scone my friend, great pic with your Hartshead Barlow
Thanks, Jack! She also makes a lemon sauce to drizzle on them, really makes the blueberries pop@!:):thumbsup:
Excellent HHB and blueberry scones, Dennis.;):thumbsup:
Thank you, José:):thumbsup:
I'm taking my seat out on the porch early, with a cup of coffee and sharp knives to share, waiting for others to join me. :)
Oh, man! Of all the mornings to miss! Love me some York Peppermint Patties, especially frozen!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yeah, that's my Stan Shaw :)

6Kozd3t.jpg
Awsome photo, Jack!!:):thumbsup: Something to look at and smile years from now.
As per usual, I will be off down to the market first thing in the morning, so I'm going to go and get a shave and get my bag ready for tomorrow, might even crack open a beer after that ;) Have a good evening Guardians :thumbsup:

0QRQoFd.jpg
Have (had?)a fun day, Jack! Love the pic!:D

1-XL
229ce40f-cfdb-4e41-9f66-51bf428b6cf7-jpeg.1270176
Oh man! What to say...perfect! Nice, Harvey!:eek::thumbsup:
So, when I won my first heeling buckle it represented a lot of hard work and success. I made the leather frame for it back when I was a saddle maker. Not my best carving, but I was just learning. ;)

Thanks for posting "some" of your trophies, John! I'm most impressed, but not surprised by your tenacity and success!
I have to show you all the dirt I ate while bull riding and bareback!:p:thumbsup:
I’m extremely fortunate to have an example of each of Charlie’s Lambsfoot knives.

48491772311_8e3b0e2a5e_o_d.jpg
That's hurtful, Ron!:eek:
Wonderful looking examples of all three! Congratulations. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Rosewood "Big-un" along with a Buffalo Horn "Big-un". Nice knives but I don't like the "Big-un" frame as much as I like the Standard frame and "Lil-un" frame.

AWl2szY.jpg

8rBiBVa.jpg
But both are dandy lookers, Ed!:thumbsup:
e26d7554-cfbd-4c2e-8619-4f1adf46cb03-jpeg.1270665
:D!!
Now your talking, Harvey!:thumbsup:
T6OJLMs.jpg
Wonderful shot, Dan! Beach would be nice right about now!:cool:
8ipZGd3.jpg

Now that's what I call a RADD surfboard!
Cowabunga!
Wonderful, Vince!:cool::thumbsup:

cigarrodog cigarrodog
I lost the quote, but I think it was you who asked about the Russian tube? It's a small but handy telescope I usually keep in my truck for when we go camping, watching the wildlife!

aUc8OlH.jpg

A whole day without a post from Jack... It feels weird. :confused:
Hope you had an exciting day, Jack. If I hadn't received a "like" from you this evening, I'd have been worried. :eek::D:cool:

Thanks John :) Apologies for my absence yesterday Guardians, I had a hectic day yesterday, which continued into the evening, as I had some friends round for dinner, and I didn't get time to get to my PC all day. Hoping to get caught up shortly. Hope everyone has had a reasonable week, and that you're looking forwards to a great weekend :thumbsup:

(And at that point my PC froze up, and I had to re-boot! o_O)

qsxvl2L.jpg

Pretty nice day here in northern California today.

Lambsfoot doubles as sun-dial/compass :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm knife-less on a short business trip until tomorrow night. I think on Friday I'll get reaquainted with my Knife of the Year 2019 ...

hi4dtRh.jpg

Good Evening Guardians

Looks like ebony was out IN FORCE yesterday! :eek: :cool: :thumbsup:

Skating through the woods with my kids .... and my lambsfoot of course lol :D

Absolutely fantastic Dan, well done :) Looks like a great time :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
The three buckles I've shown previously are the ones I rotate through and wear almost every day. The one I'm showing you today just sits on a shelf and looks pretty. This is the first buckle I won as a heeler. In team roping there are two cowboys that compete as a team. One ropes the head and turns the steer, the other comes in and ropes the heels. I was always a very good header but I had to work hard to become a decent heeler. So, when I won my first heeling buckle it represented a lot of hard work and success. I made the leather frame for it back when I was a saddle maker. Not my best carving, but I was just learning. ;)

Great pic John, it sounds as if you've led an interesting life my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good day Guardians! Ashley’s Choice today.

In honor of Roger Scruton’s passing I’m reading his short introduction to Beauty.

View attachment 1270448 View attachment 1270449

Very apt Joshua, your new AC certainly is a beauty :thumbsup:

Thanks Barrett! :) Certainly by no means do I want anyone to think I’m being a braggart. But I’m extremely fortunate to have an example of each of Charlie’s Lambsfoot knives.

48491772311_8e3b0e2a5e_o_d.jpg

Good morning Guardians! :) Today I’m carrying this Wee Sambar! :thumbsup:
41992444392_d1a31a0274_o_d.jpg

Terrific Trio of Charlie Lambs Ron :cool: That bunch of were staggys were good :) :thumbsup:

This was my first Lambsfoot knife, gifted to me by our good buddy Jack Black Jack Black .
27783514764_4d9f0487a8_h.jpg

You must have had that one quite a long time now Kevin :) :thumbsup:

And that's a smashing looking tankard to Jack.:thumbsup: I'd just buff all the polish off and let it go back to dull and then use it every now and again.:):thumbsup:

I'm not sure how I'd get the plating off without ruining it David, particularly on the inside :( :thumbsup:

View attachment 1270665

Fab pic Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Thank you John :) We are so happy this place opened close to us.
It helps us survive the Canadian winters and get rid of a bit of cabin fever... gets the endorphins flowing ... then a hot chocolate at the end and we all feel :)

Welcome Mike :thumbsup:, happy you enjoyed it :) ... ( you are right, my family are all good sports lol :D , so many times in the last few months my wife had to shout to our kids up ahead in the trail " Wait up guys ! ... Dad is taking another knife picture :D )

Gracias Barret :thumbsup:, it's a really "cool" :cool: place.... literally lol ... 3 km of skating through the forest :thumbsup:
A local family who have an excavation business decided to use their land and equipment on the slow winter season to provide winter fun for families.
We bought a season pass to support them and really wish their business model it's profitable so they can do this for many years to come .
https://www.countrysideadventures.ca/

After all this ice and snow I want to balance it out with a pic from our summer vacation :)
T6OJLMs.jpg

Sounds like a great way to spend time with your family Dan :) That's another superb pic :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black great photos Jack! :thumbsup:Loving the vintage cards! Hope you’re having a good week, almost Friday!;)

Thanks a lot Mark, hope you're having a good one yourself pal :) :thumbsup:

8ipZGd3.jpg

Now that's what I call a RADD surfboard!
Cowabunga!

Ace Vince :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! She also makes a lemon sauce to drizzle on them, really makes the blueberries pop@!:):thumbsup:

Awsome photo, Jack!!:):thumbsup: Something to look at and smile years from now.

Have (had?)a fun day, Jack! Love the pic!:D

cigarrodog cigarrodog
I lost the quote, but I think it was you who asked about the Russian tube? It's a small but handy telescope I usually keep in my truck for when we go camping, watching the wildlife!

aUc8OlH.jpg

That sounds delicious Dennis :) Thank you for the kind words my friend :) That's an interesting little scope, it's made for a great pic :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back