Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Is that corn???
I don't believe I've ever seen corn on a pizza. :eek:

I had the same thought. I love corn, but I'm not sure about having it on a pizza.

What say you, Jack? How does the corn add to the experience?

Corn on pizza, sounds like a Texas thing...
Sorry Rachel and Vince, couldn't help myself. ;):D

Or parsley! Thought it was basil at first.

They put all sorts of rubbish on pizza here, even pineapple sometimes! :eek: Basil on pizzas is fairly common, and traditional, but that's actually coriander Vince! :eek: I removed every single leaf! o_O The problem with a lot of places here that do pizza is that instead of making two or three varieties, and doing them really well, they have 20 or more varieties on the menu, which means they have to come up with all sorts of silly ideas for the toppings o_O At least the corn was fairly innocuous, the coriander was...ugh! :thumbsdown:

I seem to be an Accidental Archivist of the Guardians, taking us all back to posts from a week ago! :rolleyes: I think in this post I'll mainly celebrate the variety of lambsfoot models we have, usually quoting the first post in which a given model showed up in the past week or so.

Stag Hartshead Barlow SFO: Jack, your personal HHB has stag that always looks SO appealing in outdoor shots!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Another fine shot of a stag HHB which I'm including simply because Dennis made me smile with his replication of Jack's blueberry scone photos! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D (It also made me go to the bakery behind our house to buy a bag of discounted blueberry scones so I can try my hand at a similar photo this weekend, but with a rosewood HHB. ;))
I also wanted to thanks Dennis for his comments on a post of mine :), and encourage him to live proudly, even though he's a victim of shameful and inexcusable nameism!! :(

White Smooth Bone 2-blade Alfred Blackwell: Jack lends support to the point ED made. A lambsfoot can be knocked down on occasion, but seldom knocked out! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Stan Shaw stainless steel lambsfoot: a real treasure, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for praising my photography, Jack. :)
I wouldn't enter alone the shops you described! :eek::rolleyes:

- GT

Well done on the mammoth post Gary :) Thanks for your very kind words on my Hartshead Barlow, I'm looking forward to seeing your blueberry scones :) That Alfred Blackwell has certainly been to the School of Hard Knocks! :D Thanks also for the compliment on my Stan Shaw my friend. I walked past those two shops just yesterday, you'd be hard pushed to actually get inside them because of the amount of stock! :eek: :thumbsup:

I thought I'd try a cheese and onion pastie :)

oPgRUb7.jpg

Not bad, but certainly not one of my favourite pasties :thumbsup:

:poop:
great video Dan! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Enjoyed that very much. Also the beach photo! :cool:
Thank you Mark :)

Wonderful shot, Dan! Beach would be nice right about now!:cool:
Gracias Dennis ! The “playa” is where I want to be :thumbsup:. Perhaps when I retire I can become one of those Canadian “Snowbirds “ that fly to Florida every winter
So far this year winter has not been too bad. (The last one was brutal with lots snow and ice and frigid temps)

Absolutely fantastic Dan, well done :) Looks like a great time :) :thumbsup:
Gracias mi amigo :)
We plan to go again this evening to kickstart the weekend :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend Guardians :thumbsup::)

They put all sorts of rubbish on pizza here, even pineapple sometimes! :eek: Basil on pizzas is fairly common, and traditional, but that's actually coriander Vince! :eek: I removed every single leaf! o_O The problem with a lot of places here that do pizza is that instead of making two or three varieties, and doing them really well, they have 20 or more varieties on the menu, which means they have to come up with all sorts of silly ideas for the toppings o_O At least the corn was fairly innocuous, the coriander was...ugh! :thumbsdown:
Ah, cilantro! I wouldn't want it on pizza, but it is often used in cooking pinto beans around here. I love it, my wife hates it. It is also usually used to make pico de gallo (rooster's beak), a condiment added to tacos and other things. Pico de gallo is made with tomatoes, white onions, jalapeño peppers, and cilantro, all chopped small. Similar to a Mexican salsa, but not a liquid.
58597E29-1D61-41FA-93C1-78443C843DD2.jpeg

Ah, cilantro! I wouldn't want it on pizza, but it is often used in cooking pinto beans around here. I love it, my wife hates it. It is also usually used to make pico de gallo (rooster's beak), a condiment added to tacos and other things. Pico de gallo is made with tomatoes, white onions, jalapeño peppers, and cilantro, all chopped small. Similar to a Mexican salsa, but not a liquid.
View attachment 1271227

I used it in the curry I made the other day Vince, and I've had pico de gallo :) It really didn't taste right on a pizza though :thumbsup:

:D :D :D :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good Friday :) I'm on my own tomorrow, so I think I might head out for a walk, a little slingshot practice, and maybe visit an antiques shop or two ;) I might even call in for some authentic Italian pizza - I used to have some business in this small town, and would call in to eat at the original two-tabled restaurant twice a week. I don't like the new place so much, and I no longer have any business in the town, but perhaps a visit is overdue - if I can get a table :) :thumbsup:

grilled-vegetables-pizza.jpg

I think I might carry stag for Stag Saturday ;) Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

xMxTmFQ.jpg

@mitch4ging - Thank you for the nice words, Dennis. Looks like your telescope has some interesting history, with it being made in the USSR. Cool compass.. Sweet Lamb. May you weekend be a good one, my friend.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Great image of you brilliantly lit Hartshead, Jack. Pizza...Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner of Champions! A cheese and onion pastie sounds delightful.

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Great looking custom sheath and 2017 Horn hafted Lamb, Ron.

JohnDF JohnDF - Very nice banana and Lamb Image, John. That goes double for the corn and Lamb image.

@5K Qs - Thank you kindly, GT. In my linited experience, it would seem that many tang stamps on older Sheffield knives are either worn down, or flawed. Yet on some, the tang stamps are perfect.

Prester John Prester John - The Salsa Image is quite appealing, Vince.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

Early AM walk with Ari
E3C202E8-5BC6-46A5-AF49-8360E94E8754_zpszir3zb63.jpeg

7B2AD3C3-1D3D-4583-87B6-9D4BBF3DB0EE_zpsmoq1lfpp.jpeg

Navy lambsfoot. The straight edge, the lambsfoot spine, and that little extra downward blade angle that comes from the navy knife pattern. I had a lot of fun, even though it wasn’t a flawless outcome.

11507E49-790F-4733-B0FF-FAED8BA0145C.jpeg B897EC61-008D-4EDC-845D-D5D6281850B8.jpeg
Edit: I was surprised by the quality of this cheap Chinese model. It has some significant flaws, sure, but the action, the centering, and the grind were all pretty good. It wasn’t sharp out of the box, but it’s a laser now.

Back