Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Also…

35,000 posts
in this thread!! Wow!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited to add some Lambsfoot content to Post #35000. :D

zQ96s2W.jpg

Jack, I know everyone else is talking about pizza toppings, but the first thing I noticed in that photo is that you have a few BF alerts. o_O :D

Also…

35,000 posts
in this thread!! Wow!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited to add some Lambsfoot content to Post #35000. :D

zQ96s2W.jpg

LOL! :D Wow, 35,000 posts! :cool: Great pic Barrett :) Well done Guardians :thumbsup:

I guess I'm still "lambsfoot spotting" in old posts in an effort to catch up in this thread.

I spy a 2019 Guardians desert ironwood! :thumbsup::cool:
Sköll is still reminding me of me, getting some color and enthusiasm back when he moves away from the to-do list and finds himself in a Peppermint Patty patch! :)
Good Morning Guardians
Woke up at 3:00 and couldn't go back to sleep.
I'm taking my seat out on the porch early, with a cup of coffee and sharp knives to share, waiting for others to join me. :)

I spy a stag HHB SFO! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
That knife is like cool water in the desert, José, resting on that plant I can't name! :)

I spy a jigged bone Waynorth Cutlery Lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Christian, I've spent some time trying to get patina monograms on some of my carbon steel blades, so I envy your discovery of "spontaneous descriptive patina"!! :eek:;)
The lambsfoot is RAD, no doubt about it.

49415607807_912033fbb3_b.jpg

49415419141_0df5d4cdc8_w.jpg

I spy a stag damascus sambar stag lambsfoot senator! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Quite a distinguished statesman of a lambsfoot, Harvey! ;)
Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1269101

I do NOT spy a previously-unnoticed lambsfoot model in Jack's post below, but the hanged man image at the bottom of the tankard is noteworthy! :cool::D:cool:
Showing the hanged man - The Last Drop! :eek:

RHma4WE.jpg

I spy an Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot SFO! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
For the second time, the first AC I encountered in a designated set of pages in the thread is Dylan's flame-colored model! :)
My AC hasn't gotten a whole lot of carry recently so I am trying to remedy that a bit.

5oz68t0.jpg

I spy a ram's horn Taylor's Eye Witness lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
José, your golden-glowing knife is a splendid example! :)

I spy a "standard" Wright ebony lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for sharing with us more of Linus's recent global adventures! :)
The Extraordinary Adventures of Linus the Lambsfoot!

I spy an African rosewood lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Again, it's John who posts this model first, along with his first-ever team roping trophy buckle. I'd worked with a lot of (dairy) cattle by the time I finished high school, but I can't imagine roping them from horseback! :eek::thumbsup::cool:
Good Morning Guardians
I promised to post my Lambs with some of my favorite trophy buckles.
This one is special because it was my first. It's from a high school rodeo in Arizona.

Thanks for also sharing stories and photos of your Taylorsville and "heeler" trophy buckles, John. :cool::cool:
Good Morning Guardians
Here's another buckle for me to show you.

Shown with my treasured Hartshead Barlow Lambsfoot, Jack Black SFO. :cool::thumbsup:

I spy a Pere David stag small Wright lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for showing us one of these less-commonly-seen models, ED. :)
Howdy everyone. Here's an A. Wright Small Lambfoot with Shaped Handle and Pere David Stag Covers.

CpWqo7G.jpg

I spy a big ebony lambsfoot! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
That knife is cooler than a hopper-cooled Lister engine, Jack. ;)
Hartshead Barlow and an ebony Big 'Un for me today :thumbsup:
gULM4pe.jpg

I spy an ebony WCLF! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Exquisitely elegant, Ron. :)
Good morning Guardians! I’m carrying my Ebony Waynorth Lambfoot today. :D

48591594626_7e928558e6_o_d.jpg

I spy an I*XL stag lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
What a sublime knife, Harvey. :)

I spy a "standard" ebony lambsfoot! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for the cool family skating video, Dan; your ebony lambsfoot photo-bombing the event amused me. :)
Skating through the woods with my kids .... and my lambsfoot of course lol :D

I spy a home made lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Impressive project, Willie. :)
View attachment 1270364
Submitted for the approval of the guardians... My home made lambsfoot. I'm still fine tuning things, had to go friction folder, mystery steel, black walnut handle, copper accent and I made the pin from an old nail.

I spy a rosewood Hartshead lambsfoot Barlow! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Solid and satisfying pattern, José. :)

I spy a white WCFL AND a small sambar stag Wright lambsfoot! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
IMHO, those are a couple of rare ones, Ron. :)
Thanks Barrett! :) Certainly by no means do I want anyone to think I’m being a braggart. But I’m extremely fortunate to have an example of each of Charlie’s Lambsfoot knives.

48491772311_8e3b0e2a5e_o_d.jpg

Good morning Guardians! :) Today I’m carrying this Wee Sambar! :thumbsup:
41992444392_d1a31a0274_o_d.jpg

I spy a "no-name" lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
In my previous post, FBC showed us a lambsfoot with a name (Black Betty), and in this post, he provides us with a lambsfoot with no markings - he's got it all covered! :)
Thank you, my friend.

This was my first Lambsfoot knife, gifted to me by our good buddy Jack Black Jack Black .
27783514764_4d9f0487a8_h.jpg

I spy large rosewood and buffalo horn lambsfoots! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks for posting those, ED, and for sharing your opinions of them. :)
Rosewood "Big-un" along with a Buffalo Horn "Big-un". Nice knives but I don't like the "Big-un" frame as much as I like the Standard frame and "Lil-un" frame.

AWl2szY.jpg

8rBiBVa.jpg

I spy a blond oxhorn lambsfoot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Good to see the always-recognizable Eye of Sauron, David. ;)
An old pic.
qIyHYpv.jpg

I spy an all-metal Joseph Rodgers lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
I'm sure it's a nice knife, Harvey, but I can't get my eyes and mind off that chocolate chip cookie! :rolleyes:

- GT

Last edited:
Amazing Thread - and one of the best maintained as well- man there’s some nice knives showing. photo time tomorrow- then a matter of downloading etc. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see your photos Duncan, hope you're having a great weekend mate :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
35,000 posts is really amazing!!!
Congratulations to Jack and to all the Guardians. Best thread on Blade Forums!!!
I will celebrate this morning by posting a picture of my first Lambsfoot, a generous gift from my friend Jack.

I'm glad you're still enjoying that one John :) :thumbsup:

Hey Guardians! :) I have a few posts to catch up with, but I just got in, after what has been a pretty good day :) I set out fairly early, on the top deck of the 36 bus, which takes me in grand style, from the bottom of my street, out into the splendour of the Yorkshire countryside, passing through the Harewood Estate and Harewood Castle. Along the way, I saw numerous Red Kites, deer, and a heron, along with some magnificent views.

nQamEku.jpg

K4vHfyV.jpg

My first port of call was an antiques centre, close to the ancient village of Pannal . I haven't called here for a while, and it didn't look to be doing very well at all. A rather unproductive visit, but after a coffee, I headed out to the fields alongside the nearby River Crimple to practice with a couple of slingshots I had in my bag.

y7McUuN.jpg

I walked a couple of miles through the fields, before heading over to another area I wanted to visit, Gallows Hill, close to the West Yorkshire market town of Otley. The last time I was at Gallows Hill, there wasn't much there, but local people have constructed a nice little nature reserve, which is coming along. I had another nice walk, exploring the multitude of paths, and then walking into Otley itself alongside the River Wharfe.

Y5H3V0X.jpg

haQI8oO.jpg

BErSsdq.jpg

After a little more slingshot practice along the way, I arrived to find Otley busy and bustling, with lots of people exploring the market. After another coffee, I went to visit a few shops in an old Victorian arcade, where I've picked up a few knives in the past.

NtXibia.jpg

Longstanding members may remember the eccentric proprietor of one 'collector's centre' here, 'Cardigan Woman', who told me she would be retiring shortly. Sadly, there were no knives to be had here, or in any of the other shops.

Having forgotten the cheese and onion pastie I'd set aside last night, I was getting somewhat peckish, but every eaterie I came to, including the Italian place I mentioned yesterday, was packed :(

I picked up a couple of nice-looking beers from a great ale shop in the town, and an impressive sourdough loaf from a local bakery, where I also got a snack. These 3 cute doggies were waiting outside :)

X650VHY.jpg

I got a few guides to local walks from Otley library, but realising I'd just missed the hourly bus I wanted to catch, I thought I might have to kill some time with a pint ;) Fortunately, Otley has some excellent pubs, including 'The Old Cock' :thumbsup:

ixl8uei.jpg

I was a bit spoiled for choice by the ales on offer, and ended up getting a pint of Brass Castle's excellent Hazelnut Porter, with half a Mad Monk Imperial Stout on the side ;) :thumbsup:

zKmEaLK.jpg

I had a pleasant journey back home, and the loaf I'd picked up looked so good that I decided I'd have a couple of buttered slices with my forgotten pastie :)

FWDN7JP.jpg

l3Dn5ZI.jpg

I hope everyone else has had a lovely day :) Thanks for getting us to 35,000 posts :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Great image of you brilliantly lit Hartshead, Jack. Pizza...Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner of Champions! A cheese and onion pastie sounds delightful.

Early AM walk with Ari
E3C202E8-5BC6-46A5-AF49-8360E94E8754_zpszir3zb63.jpeg

7B2AD3C3-1D3D-4583-87B6-9D4BBF3DB0EE_zpsmoq1lfpp.jpeg

THank you Harvey, those are two magnificent pics :) I hope you had a lovely walk :thumbsup:

Jack, I hope you and your Hartshead have a wonderful weekend. :)

Thanks pal, you too :) :thumbsup:

Looks like Cilantro to me. Much better tasting than Parsley. IMO;)
Edit: Just saw Jacks reply. Here in the US, only the seeds are referred to as Coriander. The leaves and stems are called Cilantro.:thumbsup:

Ebony from the Lambsfoot ambassador- Jack Black
RturBJT.jpg

Thanks for the info fellers :) I've heard of cilantro, but didn't know which herb it was. Here the seeds are known as coriander seeds, and the leaves simply as coriander :) Looking good Mark :thumbsup:

I'm calling it beer thirty in Philly. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1X9rBSQ.jpg

My favourite time of day! :D :thumbsup:

Happy Friday, folks. It's been a very busy week for me so I am doing some unwinding.

iZzH4N9.jpg

Glad you're able to put your feet up Dylan, and in style, as always, my friend :) :thumbsup:

I do NOT spy a previously-unnoticed lambsfoot model in Jack's post below, but the hanged man image at the bottom of the tankard is noteworthy! :cool::D:cool:

I spy a big ebony lambsfoot! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
That knife is cooler than a hopper-cooled Lister engine, Jack. ;)

Thanks for your titanic efforts of Lambsfoot inventorying Gary, it made for a very enjoyable read :) Do you know Listers from your time on the farm? I used to work on Listers very regularly when I first left school, they were the standard workhorse engine, and used on all manner of machinery :thumbsup:

My lambsfoot of the week (since Monday) has been my Valley Jack, the 2019 Guardians ironwood lambsfoot SFO:
View attachment 1271735

View attachment 1271736

- GT

Two great pics of Valley Jack :) :thumbsup:

A herculean multi-quote from our friend, GT. :cool::thumbsup:

getting some color and enthusiasm back when he moves away from the to-do list and finds himself in a Peppermint Patty patch! :)
We should all be so lucky as to put down our lists and bathe among sweet treats. ;)

I'd worked with a lot of (dairy) cattle by the time I finished high school, but I can't imagine roping them from horseback! :eek::thumbsup::cool:
Trust me, working with them is MUCH harder than roping them. You have my respect. :):thumbsup:

My lambsfoot of the week (since Monday) has been my Valley Jack, the 2019 Guardians ironwood lambsfoot SFO:
vj-mark-vopen-knot-jpg.1271735
Your week is off to a good start with the Valley Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

And a Herculean photo tour by our friend, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Hey Guardians! :) I have a few posts to catch up with, but I just got in, after what has been a pretty good day :) I set out fairly early, on the top deck of the 36 bus, which takes me in grand style, from the bottom of my street, out into the splendour of the Yorkshire countryside, passing through the Harewood Estate and Harewood Castle. Along the way, I saw numerous Red Kites, deer, and a heron, along with some magnificent views.

nQamEku.jpg
That sounds like a perfect day, Jack.
I really enjoyed all the pictures, you live in a beautiful part of the world with lots of history.
Thank you for taking us along. I will be visiting a great little town next weekend and I will remember to share some photos with you too. :)

Last edited:
I spy a stag HHB SFO! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
That knife is like cool water in the desert, José, resting on that plant I can't name!:)

I spy a ram's horn Taylor's Eye Witness lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
José, your golden-glowing knife is a splendid example!:)

I spy a rosewood Hartshead lambsfoot Barlow! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Solid and satisfying pattern, José.:)

Thanks again, Gary, for your nice words to my knives.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't forget corn tortillas, which are also used to make tacos and enchiladas. And corn masa is a main ingredient in tamales.

How could I forget!? There's nothing quite like a warm corn taco, where the corn taco is hot and soft--not like the store bought "shell" atrocities. I do like a good tostada, but that's a chip in my book, not a taco.

Don't forget Sopes.
27853482297_388f9c2e8c_h.jpg

Mmmmm, sopes.
t1954.gif

Congrats to all the Guardians on 35,000 posts!!!

Can't wait to see your photos Duncan, hope you're having a great weekend mate :) :thumbsup:

nQamEku.jpg

K4vHfyV.jpg

My first port of call was an antiques centre, close to the ancient village of Pannal . I haven't called here for a while, and it didn't look to be doing very well at all. A rather unproductive visit, but after a coffee, I headed out to the fields alongside the nearby River Crimple to practice with a couple of slingshots I had in my bag.

y7McUuN.jpg

I walked a couple of miles through the fields, before heading over to another area I wanted to visit, Gallows Hill, close to the West Yorkshire market town of Otley. The last time I was at Gallows Hill, there wasn't much there, but local people have constructed a nice little nature reserve, which is coming along. I had another nice walk, exploring the multitude of paths, and then walking into Otley itself alongside the River Wharfe.

Y5H3V0X.jpg

haQI8oO.jpg

BErSsdq.jpg

After a little more slingshot practice along the way, I arrived to find Otley busy and bustling, with lots of people exploring the market. After another coffee, I went to visit a few shops in an old Victorian arcade, where I've picked up a few knives in the past.

NtXibia.jpg

Longstanding members may remember the eccentric proprietor of one 'collector's centre' here, 'Cardigan Woman', who told me she would be retiring shortly. Sadly, there were no knives to be had here, or in any of the other shops.

Having forgotten the cheese and onion pastie I'd set aside last night, I was getting somewhat peckish, but every eaterie I came to, including the Italian place I mentioned yesterday, was packed :(

I picked up a couple of nice-looking beers from a great ale shop in the town, and an impressive sourdough loaf from a local bakery, where I also got a snack. These 3 cute doggies were waiting outside :)

X650VHY.jpg

I got a few guides to local walks from Otley library, but realising I'd just missed the hourly bus I wanted to catch, I thought I might have to kill some time with a pint ;) Fortunately, Otley has some excellent pubs, including 'The Old Cock' :thumbsup:

ixl8uei.jpg

I was a bit spoiled for choice by the ales on offer, and ended up getting a pint of Brass Castle's excellent Hazelnut Porter, with half a Mad Monk Imperial Stout on the side ;) :thumbsup:

zKmEaLK.jpg

I had a pleasant journey back home, and the loaf I'd picked up looked so good that I decided I'd have a couple of buttered slices with my forgotten pastie :)

FWDN7JP.jpg

l3Dn5ZI.jpg

I hope everyone else has had a lovely day :) Thanks for getting us to 35,000 posts :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like a nice day, Jack! Great photos! :thumbsup:

Back