Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning Guardians! My first cup of morning coffee and my Lambsfoot for the day. I hope y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

49477557827_0a5d2dbdbc_o_d.jpg

Thanks Jack! The pile side is different from the mark side, but still great Sambar making for a beautifully crafted SFO. :thumbsup: :)

@Reaper AL That’s a great mail call! :thumbsup: :)

Jack Black Jack Black Thanks for the great photo journey Jack! Hope y’all don’t have any lasting effects from that nasty smoke! :thumbsup: :)

Good morning Guardians! My first cup of morning coffee and my Lambsfoot for the day. I hope y’all have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

49477557827_0a5d2dbdbc_o_d.jpg

Thanks a lot Ron, great pic of your WCLF :) :thumbsup:

:D
Well guys and gals, I'm making this my last post for the next three to four weeks. We're off to Portland, Oregon and OHSU (Oregon Health and Science University) Ivory Tower Hospital for cancer removal from my mouth and removal of my left jaw bone. They say they are going to take a piece of my fibula from my leg and put it where the removed jaw bone was. Ain't life grand:rolleyes::). I kinda need something humorous for a pick-me-up so my last glorious "Lambfoot" picture will be a two-blade Lamnbfoot with Rosewood covers along with my favorite "Wombat Poop" article along with a cute picture of a wombat and his poop. Makes me smile:):):) I hope the majority of these little guys survive the fires in Australia. GO WOMBATS!!!!
3Lk6H3V.jpg

Hey there Ed, so sorry to hear about your health issues. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I too had cancer surgery...last month. 2 days ago I had an injection port put into my arm (easy peasy but it is sore for now). Infusions start next week (I'm having immunotherapy treatment (will go on for a year). The main thing I have found is for me to have a good attitude.Hope the same for you too. I wish for you only the very best prognosis (and for the Wombats:D:D:D).

:D

Hey there Ed, so sorry to hear about your health issues. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I too had cancer surgery...last month. 2 days ago I had an injection port put into my arm (easy peasy but it is sore for now). Infusions start next week (I'm having immunotherapy treatment (will go on for a year). The main thing I have found is for me to have a good attitude.Hope the same for you too. I wish for you only the very best prognosis (and for the Wombats:D:D:D).

Hope you're doing OK Bill, and that the therapy works OK :thumbsup:

Well guys and gals, I'm making this my last post for the next three to four weeks. We're off to Portland, Oregon and OHSU (Oregon Health and Science University) Ivory Tower Hospital for cancer removal from my mouth and removal of my left jaw bone. They say they are going to take a piece of my fibula from my leg and put it where the removed jaw bone was. Ain't life grand:rolleyes::). I kinda need something humorous for a pick-me-up so my last glorious "Lambfoot" picture will be a two-blade Lamnbfoot with Rosewood covers along with my favorite "Wombat Poop" article along with a cute picture of a wombat and his poop. Makes me smile:):):) I hope the majority of these little guys survive the fires in Australia. GO WOMBATS!!!!
3Lk6H3V.jpg
Good luck, Ed! Smoke and prayers sent!

I pressed the like button.... but if you could read my mind it was more like the “envy” button
:)

^^^What Dan said!!:D^^^

Thanks, Dan and Charlie. :)

That was fantastic. Thanks for sharing your adventure, John
Thank you, Harvey.
It was my pleasure taking you all along.

Yesterday started off as a pretty nice day. We arrived in the neighbouring town of Huddersfield early, and called in at the Saturday market, which is always worth a visit. Like many places in the north of England, Huddersfield is a once grand and prosperous town, which has been in decline for a very long time, but it's still a nice place in my opinion. This is the train station, with a statue to one of Britain's former prime ministers, who was born in the town.

ijuMzDa.jpg

After going to the market, we went for coffee and a toasted teacake, and then set out to walk up the canal to one of Huddersfiel's small satellite towns and villages, which were built around the cloth and woolen mills, which once gave the town its prosperity. The day had started off breezy, and the cold, biting wind, with some rain, only got worse as we walked, totally putting paid to my plans to get some slingshot practice on the way, and to test out a new wood stove set-up.

fnEm5a0.jpg

We arrived at our destination, Slaithwaite, a little battered by the wind, but in reasonable time, and I decided to pick up a couple of loaves from the excellent bakery there - one of their Sourdough loaves and a slab of rosemary and sea-salt focaccia.

3dMDbKX.jpg

After visiting a local antique shop, where I bought a watch-chain, and with the weather deteriorating, we boarded a bus to take us over the hills to another local town, Holmfirth.

ss40l8l.jpg

After a nice lunch, and a quick look around the town, we decided to return to Leeds via Wakefield. While it has to be one of the least attractive places in the north of England, Wakefield was on our way home, and I fancied visiting the antiques centre there. The journey over the Yorkshire hills and dales is a pleasant one, but as we started approaching the city itself, we ran into bad traffic. After 20 minutes of shuffling along, during which time I'd suggested getting off and walking several times already, we saw a couple of fire-engines arrive. With the high winds, I thought that they may have come to an incident related to a fallen tree, but soon after, we began to see black smoke appearing. A search on the internet indicated that there was a very large fire close by, and directly on our route. More fire-engines arrived, forcing the traffic onto the pavement. The bus clearly wasn't going anywhere, so I eventually managed to shoe-horn my companion out of her seat, and off of the bus :rolleyes: Other passengers got off, and as we began to walk into Wakefield, we began to see police officers wearing smoke-masks. The fire was some distance away, but the strong winds were pushing the smoke in our direction, and it had a pungent smell. One of the cops warned us that the smoke contained asbestos, and advised us to get out of the area as quickly as possible. We crossed the road, and quickly made our way through already deserted residential streets for half a mile or so, when I took a couple of pics.

DgID7C9.jpg

dVnHIyK.jpg

We headed on, through an industrial estate, following a winding lane which took us alongside the river.

yHfxPh4.jpg

We were more than a mile away from where we'd started by now. We could see the smoke in the distance getting worse, and the wind direction changing, one minute blowing in our direction, the next blowing directly towards the city centre. Unfortunately, there was no bridge to cross the river, so we had to head back in the direction of the smoke to find one. We crossed over, and continued to move away from the smoke, with the air getting noticeably clearer. I took a few photos of this interesting old chapel (this is a different river here).

pv4aSNm.jpg

qr6NYuz.jpg

C3AUHIG.jpg

vhb0uvi.jpg

q4Kv2V3.jpg

The wind had changed again, and the smoke had gotten worse, and we could see the city centre wreathed in smoke. The traffic was completely gridlocked. We walked on through empty streets, trying to stay as far away from the smoke as possible. I then realised we were near the city's lesser railway station, and we headed towards it, with light smoke around us. At the old station, there were a few people, with their faces covered, trying to escape the smoke. A woman came in to tell us the city centre had been evacuated. Fortunately, a train came 10 minutes later, and we were able to get away, though we could still see the smoke even from the suburbs of Leeds.

They're still putting the fire out in Wakefield, and I'm still coughing, but I do need to get on with my work, so sorry for a very hurried report, and have a good day folks, I'll try to catch up fully later :thumbsup:

fuRHKzN.jpg
When the apocalypse starts, I'm sticking with Jack. At least I know he's making it out of town. :D

Great to see you still enjoying that one John :) :thumbsup:
Of course, I always will. :cool::thumbsup:

Outstanding post John, hope you enjoy the rest of your break :)
Thank you, Jack. We are heading home this morning to watch the Super Bowl. :cool::thumbsup:

Sunday Sausage Sandwich on Sla'wit Sourdough :)

PqvIJl7.jpg
That looks a darn sight better than the sandwich I had for dinner last night.
The night before, we went to a recommended pizza place, and the pizza was excellent.
We noticed they also sold sandwiches, so we returned the next night to have a sandwich.
Big mistake, their sandwiches were horrible. Luckily the ice cream place we went to afterwards was very enjoyable. :D:thumbsup:

View attachment 1276455 Mail call from who else but @jackblack not only games to play with my grandkids but licorice that I won’t share and a beautiful Hartshead lambsfoot. Great thanks jack
Most excellent mail call. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Heading home today to watch the Super Bowl.
Don't know who I'm rooting for. Guess I just want an exciting game and funny commercials. And a good dose of Shakira please. :D
Root for the Chiefs. They started out in 1960 as the Dallas Texans, the same year the Dallas Cowboys started. They were in rival leagues (AFL & NFL). Of course, there wasn't room in Dallas for two pro football teams, so the Chiefs moved to Kansas City after one year, I believe.
(Plus, I hate the 49ers!)

When the apocalypse starts, I'm sticking with Jack. At least I know he's making it out of town. :D

Of course, I always will. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. We are heading home this morning to watch the Super Bowl. :cool::thumbsup:

That looks a darn sight better than the sandwich I had for dinner last night.
The night before, we went to a recommended pizza place, and the pizza was excellent.
We noticed they also sold sandwiches, so we returned the next night to have a sandwich.
Big mistake, their sandwiches were horrible. Luckily the ice cream place we went to afterwards was very enjoyable. :D:thumbsup:

Most excellent mail call. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, I always tell my close pals that when it kicks off they should come to my place! :D :thumbsup:

600px-ThingsToDoInDenverMossberg_%286%29.jpg

Have a great Super Bowl John :) Sorry to hear about that sammich, I hate going out for disappointing food :( I'm glad the ice cream was good :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Heading home today to watch the Super Bowl.
Don't know who I'm rooting for. Guess I just want an exciting game and funny commercials. And a good dose of Shakira please. :D

Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack, and yes, I did enjoy the porter (bought a four-pack). Never had a Samuel Smith beer I didn't like.

Excellent Vince :) I've only had disappointing Sam Smith's beers on draught in their pubs, many of which are quite rotten. There's just a huge difference between the quality of their bottled beers and SOME of their draught beers :thumbsup:

Root for the Chiefs. They started out in 1960 as the Dallas Texans, the same year the Dallas Cowboys started. They were in rival leagues (AFL & NFL). Of course, there wasn't room in Dallas for two pro football teams, so the Chiefs moved to Kansas City after one year, I believe.
(Plus, I hate the 49ers!)

I know nothing...

hqdefault.jpg

But you've convinced ME Vince :rolleyes: Go Chief! :D :thumbsup:

Hope it's a great Super Bowl folks :) :thumbsup:

I'm glad you and your companion made it home safely, Jack, and pay attention to your lungs for a while. Hopefully no lasting issues.
When the apocalypse starts, I'm sticking with Jack. At least I know he's making it out of town.

Thanks buddy, I always tell my close pals that when it kicks off they should come to my place! :D
Exactly. Jack knows all the shortcuts and walking routes. You know you'll escape the zombie horde while enjoying a scenic tour of historic bridge churches. ;) (I've never seen a church built into a bridge like that, and I'm fascinated. It displays both a faith in G-d and in the flood plan engineers)

I think I'm rooting for the 49ers, but I might change my mind by the time the game starts. In the meantime, I intend to putter around inside with the Puppy or Kitten Bowl on in the background.
RWFTa7w.jpg
1qzFjUg.jpg

You know you'll escape the zombie horde while enjoying a scenic tour of historic bridge churches. ;)
That made me laugh... I can just imagine that and it would make a funny movie. :D

I intend to putter around inside with the Puppy or Kitten Bowl on in the background.
Oh, memories... My kids would watch the Puppy Bowl every year. :cool::thumbsup:

Hope you're doing OK Bill, and that the therapy works OK :thumbsup:
Thanks for your well wishes Jack, it means a lot to me. My prognosis is good. All of this nonsense has slowed me down a bit and I have not been very good at contributing to this awesome site but as time passes I will become more active. I've had to substantially thin out my collection too but I will never part with my HHB. One of my possessions that promotes a good attitude and general feeling of well being. Just like this sub-forum does for me.

I'm glad you and your companion made it home safely, Jack, and pay attention to your lungs for a while. Hopefully no lasting issues.

Exactly. Jack knows all the shortcuts and walking routes. You know you'll escape the zombie horde while enjoying a scenic tour of historic bridge churches. ;) (I've never seen a church built into a bridge like that, and I'm fascinated. It displays both a faith in G-d and in the flood plan engineers)

I think I'm rooting for the 49ers, but I might change my mind by the time the game starts. In the meantime, I intend to putter around inside with the Puppy or Kitten Bowl on in the background.
RWFTa7w.jpg
1qzFjUg.jpg

Thanks Rachel, I was with the other Rachel, who has the survival instincts of a lemming :rolleyes: :D Cool pics, hope you have a great day :) :thumbsup:

RWFTa7w.jpg
1qzFjUg.jpg
Your knife has similar coloration as my HHB.
IMG_1273.JPG

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Thanks for your well wishes Jack, it means a lot to me. My prognosis is good. All of this nonsense has slowed me down a bit and I have not been very good at contributing to this awesome site but as time passes I will become more active. I've had to substantially thin out my collection too but I will never part with my HHB. One of my possessions that promotes a good attitude and general feeling of well being. Just like this sub-forum does for me.

That's good news Bill, and it's great to have you here for some Lambsfoot therapy my friend :) :thumbsup:

Vukb8r4.jpg

Back