Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

KHQLFeK.jpg

That's a nice one Jer :) :thumbsup:

Totin' a bit of Ebony myself today - I'm rather pleased it's Friday.

p1Vdlkt.jpg

Great pic of a gorgeous Lambsfoot Dylan :thumbsup:

Well good afternoon Guardians. It's been a busy week for me but I did manage to get out on a walk on Wednesday.
gtmHH7j.jpg

Bridestones. West Yorkshire.
JNWo6Qa.jpg

5WEIWP8.jpg

Great to see you here David, those photos are fantastic :) :thumbsup:

Good morning!

DSC-3099.jpg

Looking good my friend :thumbsup:

View attachment 1279732
Back in the plow truck today. Toting the A. Wright...

Looks like you've plenty of work on there Willie :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Smashing John :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians
My lamb, all bundled up :) to go outside lol

AKuNjjL.jpg

u1G5p66.png

That’s like 1.4 fahrenheit :eek:

That's COLD Dan! :eek: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the excerpts from the old catalog, Jack; I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that cutlers would make skate blades among all the other types of blades they crafted. :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for your encouraging words, too! :)

Cracker Jack is with me all week:
View attachment 1279847

- GT

A pleasure Gary, those old catalogues are crammed with such an array of tools and cutlery items. All gone now, sadly :( That's a really great photo of Cracker Jack :) :thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians.

1-XL
View attachment 1280163

Scrumptious Harvey ;) :) :thumbsup:

Like most Lambfoot knives, the Extraordinary Linus works great as a carpenters marking knife, and of course...View attachment 1280345 opening packages is child's play for him!View attachment 1280344 Linus has been riding in my back pocket and faithfully handling all such chores for me this week as the perfect companion that he is!

Nice to Linus at work Ben :cool: :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I had a busy day yesterday, a good hike, from which I returned worn out, but my best mate was having a birthday bash, so I got spruced up, and headed out until 2am. High winds and heavy rain here today, so I'll be finding something to do indoors :rolleyes: Hope everyone is having a grand weekend, and that you're able to enjoy a pleasant and relaxing Sunday :) :thumbsup:

3XBhfYB.jpg

View attachment 1279732
Back in the plow truck today. Toting the A. Wright...

Great shot. Sounds like you have a tough job. :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians

AKuNjjL.jpg

u1G5p66.png

Isn't that a bit warm for Canada? :D I like the slip

donn donn - Much thanks, David Such inspiring surroundings for a walk. Wonderful images.

1-XL
View attachment 1280163

Thanks Harvey but I've got to say that's a damned fine view you've posted there. :D:thumbsup:

Great to see you here David, those photos are fantastic :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I had a busy day yesterday, a good hike, from which I returned worn out, but my best mate was having a birthday bash, so I got spruced up, and headed out until 2am. High winds and heavy rain here today, so I'll be finding something to do indoors :rolleyes: Hope everyone is having a grand weekend, and that you're able to enjoy a pleasant and relaxing Sunday :) :thumbsup:

3XBhfYB.jpg

Thanks Jack. I'm pretty busy at the mo with work and my mum but I'm trying to get out once a week.
Nice shot of your HHB there; sounds like you've a busy social life yourself at the mo'. :D

I'm just sat about today but the ironwood is within reach.
a3mX8hE.jpg

Thanks Jack. I'm pretty busy at the mo with work and my mum but I'm trying to get out once a week.
Nice shot of your HHB there; sounds like you've a busy social life yourself at the mo'. :D

I'm just sat about today but the ironwood is within reach.
a3mX8hE.jpg

Thanks David, I was certainly busy yesterday :D I hope you can get out again this week mate, that's another great shot :thumbsup:

Thanks. It's an early one that often gets lost in the shadow of your SFOs.

Thanks for the compliment Jer :)

Thank you, Jack. :)

Sounds like yesterday was fun and exciting.
Hope your day today is relaxing. :cool::thumbsup:

Yeah, I don't get to go out often on a Saturday night these days :D Have to say I'm not complaining too much about that ;) Thank you my friend, I'm having an easy day, hanging out with these two :) :thumbsup:

LGF5aLR.jpg

arj4s3u.jpg

It was :D
Old man winter was not pleased with my post teasing him. We woke up to this :eek:

xv4VA6F.png

I am getting ready to go out now. Just went out to start the car.
I am glad it started !!!!

tH61MdY.jpg

Happy Sunday Guardians
I'm going furniture shopping with my wife, I won't really need a knife.
So I'm going to take the opportunity to carry my Hartshead today. :):thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians

AKuNjjL.jpg

u1G5p66.png

Geez Dan ! I don’t know how you and others live in those temps :eek:. I’m 33 yrs old and have only seen snow once in my life lol. Lived in Florida my whole life, not sure my body would function up north. Glad you are taking proper care to keep the lambsfoot warm. :)

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Great out door images of your Lamb Foot Duo.

donn donn - Thank you David.another great surroundings image.

Albert Oates
View attachment 1280656

I must say that your collection, along with your eye for a good picture never ceases to amaze me.... All I have to do anything here with is my phone. Perhaps someday I'll be able to compare with everyone else on the porch in photographic acumen and collection status. Until then I'll do what I can and just enjoy the awesome pictures and knowledge displayed here.

Ever since I got my first Lambsfoot from Jack (which I still LOVE) I’ve wanted something in stainless.

I got this one from Rodgers. I love the Barlow look. And the horn for covers. But I’m kind of unsure how i feel about it overall. The kind of “not fully open” look it has when full open seems off to me. Any opinions?

W1GaPAS.jpg

OXk9FoZ.jpg

Joe

I know what you mean Joe, that cant is a bit over the top :( Joseph Rodgers, as I'm sure you know, were once one of the world's foremost cutlery firms, but they were finished by the early 80's, and their name, along with a few other prestigious Sheffield Cutlery names, were bought up by the firm who still own them today. I bought one of these knives, at a decent price, a few years ago, but the quality was rather poor. I don't think I'd buy another. Is there an easy way to return it?

I’ve got a theory on that blade cant. Rodgers (or whoever it is making knives with the Rodgers name nowadays) is designing knives that also function as boomerangs. That way, if you get frustrated with the questionable build quality and try to chuck it in the trash, it does a 180° midair and comes right back to ya! :D

Back