Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Tim.E

Tim.E Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Jack I have a bottle of lemon oil here for my rosewood fretboard guitars so I may give it a going over with that, the mismatching is what has stopped me ordering a stag version to be honest, I can put up with it on a knife as cheap as this one but when you're laying out the extra that the seemingly eternally out of stock stag version goes for I expect better. In fairness the grinds have been reasonably good on all the ones I've had, a little steep on one but even enough.

2. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    [​IMG]

3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack. :)

Great picture of your Hartshead. :cool::thumbsup:

4. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Even more unfortunately for me, the slick photographs are beyond my abilities.

5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    It certainly can't do any harm can it Tim? :) I can't blame you for staying away from the stag, I would too o_O Yes, I've certainly had nothing like as bad as the recent 'work' :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cool pic Dan ;) :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

You need to get yourself a financial backer with marketing skills Jer ;) :thumbsup:

6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    It's not raining!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::eek::D Totin' my Jigged Bone WCLF and I hope all you Guardians have a great Thursday! :):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Don't get sunburn Ron! :eek: ;) Lovely photo of that gorgeous WCLF :) :thumbsup:

8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! :) It felt really good to be able to take my photos outside this morning! :cool: :thumbsup:

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  9. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @JohnDF - Great image of your WCLF, John.. Beautiful subtle colors. Nicely lit.

@CelloDan - Wonderful knife on ice image, Dan.

@Jack Black - Thank you Jack. I suspect you’re a Jack of all trades. The ever present, always beautiful Hartshead.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

Maiden Voyage for this Baxter Ltd. Lamb.
    [​IMG]

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks for the kind words, Harvey.
    I saw that knife on auction but needed to save my pennies.
    If they had used your picture, I probably would have bid on it. ;)

mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.
  11. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    I sincerely regret what is happening with your knife made by M. May, but I think the final solution was for a man with the ability to assume his mistakes (or his apprentice !!!), it was very dignified.
    But, I'm saying this because I have a knife like yours in cherry wood that looks great and I also have another one from Taylors Eye Witness in ram’s horn made by M. May and that is a superb knife.
    This is all to say that however I have some knives made by A. Wright, which have exactly the same problem, such as (and I can show by photos) my HB in stag.;):thumbsup:

Onebigbill and WHT like this.
  12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    And more useless as I get older! :rolleyes: Yes, it's a very long time since I carried a knife as regularly as I carried my Hartshead Barlow :) Congratulations on that Baxter Lambsfoot Harvey, a lovely photo, as always, my friend :thumbsup:

Why do you think that knife was made by Michael May?

Reaper AL likes this.
  13. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Just compare the videos from the Michael May website to the video from the Taylors Eye Witness.
    The person making the knives is exactly the same!!

14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    As ever, if you're not happy with the knife, I'll give you a full refund, and run a giveaway with the knife if you return it.

mitch4ging, JaxBaron, r8shell and 2 others like this.
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Perhaps you could provide links to the videos you mean? Having tattoos, Michael May has rather distinctive hands. As I understand it, TEW's 'Premier' range are still made by Russell White.

Reaper AL likes this.
  16. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Please, Jack, we are not going to continue with this matter, what happened, passed and I don't want to talk about it anymore.
    However, I think I can tell you what's going on with that knife, or not?
    Well, whenever I talk about my HB, you always come with the refund issue, I don't understand!!!

17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Michael May video:

TEW video:

o_O

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    But you do keep talking about it Jose o_O Not happy with the knife? Let me give you a refund, and gift it to someone who might like it. Why would you keep a knife you're unhappy with? :confused:

Reaper AL likes this.
  19. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks, Jack, I'm not saying you are not right, but my observation was not on tattoos, but in the workshop and machines in general.

20. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Jack, you don't understand, I don't want to return the knife, I always said that.
    But, I continue to say that nothing prevents me from referring to the problems that it has.
    I still don't understand what your problem is about it, if it continues to affect you, I apologize a lot!