Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack I have a bottle of lemon oil here for my rosewood fretboard guitars so I may give it a going over with that, the mismatching is what has stopped me ordering a stag version to be honest, I can put up with it on a knife as cheap as this one but when you're laying out the extra that the seemingly eternally out of stock stag version goes for I expect better. In fairness the grinds have been reasonably good on all the ones I've had, a little steep on one but even enough.

lHCojpW.jpg

I really hope that this is a case of a phantom apprentice Rachel, (as I suspect), because what kind of cutlery apprenticeship would it be for a young underpaid lad whose 'master' lets that sort of work out of his shop? o_O He certainly wouldn't learn to make the blades or springs, as they're bought in, and what 'skills' would he learn otherwise, send out any old rubbish and see if you can get away with it? Unfortunately, a few slick photographs and a certain amount of BS are not a substitute for skill and talent, and I am quite sure that the Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire (Sheffield) are unaware that there crest is being used by someone who they have no connection to :thumbsdown:
Even more unfortunately for me, the slick photographs are beyond my abilities.

Jack I have a bottle of lemon oil here for my rosewood fretboard guitars so I may give it a going over with that, the mismatching is what has stopped me ordering a stag version to be honest, I can put up with it on a knife as cheap as this one but when you're laying out the extra that the seemingly eternally out of stock stag version goes for I expect better. In fairness the grinds have been reasonably good on all the ones I've had, a little steep on one but even enough.

It certainly can't do any harm can it Tim? :) I can't blame you for staying away from the stag, I would too o_O Yes, I've certainly had nothing like as bad as the recent 'work' :eek:

g0xuQiI.jpg

HEE2jIQ.jpg

Cool pic Dan ;) :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. :)

Great picture of your Hartshead. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

Even more unfortunately for me, the slick photographs are beyond my abilities.

You need to get yourself a financial backer with marketing skills Jer ;) :thumbsup:

Haven't contributed much lately due to some health issues but I'm feeling better and decided to update everyone on the MM Lambfoot Barlow I purchased last year. Well, as I reported, the knife really was pretty but the quality of the fitment was not acceptable. The blade grind was awful and there was a gap in the back spring/liner area of around 10 thousandths of an inch (doesn't sound like much but believe me when I say it looked bad). Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that there was a brass burr on the liner (Backspring area) that cut my finger). The blade was not well centered either but I managed to improve it myself but it's still not centered. I complained to MM and he indicated that he would refund me or repair the knife. He indicated that he had hired an apprentice and that was the explanation of the poor quality. He accepted full responsibility for the bad work. I agreed to send it back. Michael never picked the knife up at the post office in Sheffield and eventually it was returned to me. Michael agreed to refund my money and it appears that I get to keep the knife too. Ultimately MM did the right (Wright? :rolleyes:) thing. However, my experience was not exactly pleasurable. Here are some photos. The Rams horn scales are nice. You'll get the idea.

I sincerely regret what is happening with your knife made by M. May, but I think the final solution was for a man with the ability to assume his mistakes (or his apprentice !!!), it was very dignified.
But, I'm saying this because I have a knife like yours in cherry wood that looks great and I also have another one from Taylors Eye Witness in ram’s horn made by M. May and that is a superb knife.
This is all to say that however I have some knives made by A. Wright, which have exactly the same problem, such as (and I can show by photos) my HB in stag.;):thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. I suspect you’re a Jack of all trades. The ever present, always beautiful Hartshead.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

Maiden Voyage for this Baxter Ltd. Lamb.
8F369B76-4BC2-40AB-8693-2D2201AB751E_zpsevqjg4d2.jpeg

And more useless as I get older! :rolleyes: Yes, it's a very long time since I carried a knife as regularly as I carried my Hartshead Barlow :) Congratulations on that Baxter Lambsfoot Harvey, a lovely photo, as always, my friend :thumbsup:

...I also have another one from Taylors Eye Witness in ram’s horn made by M. May and that is a superb knife...

Why do you think that knife was made by Michael May?

Just compare the videos from the Michael May website to the video from the Taylors Eye Witness.
The person making the knives is exactly the same!!

Perhaps you could provide links to the videos you mean? Having tattoos, Michael May has rather distinctive hands. As I understand it, TEW's 'Premier' range are still made by Russell White.

As ever, if you're not happy with the knife, I'll give you a full refund, and run a giveaway with the knife if you return it.

Please, Jack, we are not going to continue with this matter, what happened, passed and I don't want to talk about it anymore.
However, I think I can tell you what's going on with that knife, or not?
Well, whenever I talk about my HB, you always come with the refund issue, I don't understand!!!

Please, Jack, we are not going to continue with this matter, what happened, passed and I don't want to talk about it anymore.
However, I think I can tell you what's going on with that knife, or not?
Well, whenever I talk about my HB, you always come with the refund issue, I don't understand!!!

But you do keep talking about it Jose o_O Not happy with the knife? Let me give you a refund, and gift it to someone who might like it. Why would you keep a knife you're unhappy with? :confused:

Perhaps you could provide links to the videos you mean? Having tattoos, Michael May has rather distinctive hands. As I understand it, TEW's 'Premier' range are still made by Russell White.

Thanks, Jack, I'm not saying you are not right, but my observation was not on tattoos, but in the workshop and machines in general.

But you do keep talking about it Jose o_O Not happy with the knife? Let me give you a refund, and gift it to someone who might like it. Why would you keep a knife you're unhappy with? :confused:

Jack, you don't understand, I don't want to return the knife, I always said that.
But, I continue to say that nothing prevents me from referring to the problems that it has.
I still don't understand what your problem is about it, if it continues to affect you, I apologize a lot!

Back