1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    You're probably right about kids' current preferences, John, but those Cracker Jack plastic magnifying classes were SO cool!! ;):cool:
    Thanks for your Lam Jack remark. :)

Yeah, my Cracker Jack purchase about a year ago was quite a disappointment. :(
    I appreciate your Lam Jack compliment. :)

I've got a million of 'em, Harvey. :rolleyes:
    Lam Jack and I appreciate your always-generous praise. :)

We'd have been good Cracker Jack pals, Jer; you could eat the caramel corn and I could eat the peanuts. :thumbsup:;)
    The gummy bears suggestion seems like a good one to me! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

:D You'd be lying in snow, Vince! :p

Premium pair of lambsfoots, Taylor! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Congrats on the jigged bone Joseph Rodgers, Ben; looks like a winner!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Astounding difference that a day made!! :eek:

Thanks, José; most of those 2017 horn Guardians lambsfoots had extremely pleasing "feathering". :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Very fine file work on your lefty lambsfoot! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Your big rosewood is a handsome knife, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I hope your area gets a chance to dry out soon! :eek::(

Truer words were never written, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Exquisite ebony WCLF, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That's a ravishing example, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bill, I'm glad you got a refund, but I'm sorry the maker treated you so shabbily! :eek::(:thumbsdown:

Magnificent African rosewood lambs food, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Cool photo, Dennis; that blond horn lambsfoot is distinctive! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Fab Five, @WDJ; thanks for sharing the group shot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Such a recognizable and robust knife, David! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Fascinating posts about your house and ancestors, Ben!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I wonder how many significant remodels your house has been through in 160 years?? Are there other "national" cemeteries in your area, or were the Scots the only ones who wanted to stick together in death?

Hope you didn't get too much snow or too few degrees, Harvey.
    I can see that your Brookes and Crookes could get its hooks in you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Beautiful sunny photo of a majestic knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks like you and your stag HHB have some healthy habits, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Reminds me of a recent experience where I wanted to choose a healthy snack. Should I select apple or banana or blueberry or clementine or grapes or orange??
    sconeNfruit.jpg

My rosewood HHB strongly advised blueberry, and who am I to argue??
    scone.closeup.jpg

- GT

2. JaxBaron

JaxBaron Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Black Slingshot and Black lambsfoot:eek: Nice stealth setup Jack! :) I need to try a wasp catapult, I heard they are pretty good for the money. Enjoy your weekend pal!

3. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    It is a big country, but I'm staggered by the weather variation in my own yard. It's 36 right now, and they're expecting a high of 79 for Sunday. (pea planting day, I hope)

I see you're going with your formal slingshot, all in black today. Nice! :cool::thumbsup:

4. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Thanks for your kind words GT. Right now I'm trying to find someone to wok on the knife for a teardown and rebuild. Glennbad was my first choice but he has closed his books and can't take anymore work.

[​IMG]

Jack Black likes this.
  5. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    Thanks for your reply and kind words Jose.

[​IMG]

Pt-Luso likes this.
  6. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    Why not take all of them?! :D:D:D

7. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    TGIF and Happy Valentine's Day Guardians!

[​IMG]

8. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    I can almost smell the coffee. The HHB looks great. I love mine. IMG_1255.JPG

[​IMG]

9. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    The weather has been like a Yo Yo here. Yesterday was plus 3 Celsius , today (on Valentine's day :cool:) is minus 24 :eek::eek::eek:.
    Tomorrow will be - 3 C :thumbsup:
    I think that this pic of my hand and my lambsfoot checking how it felt outside will be the extend of my adventures outside today :D ...... oh no wait .... I have have to take my dog to pee a few times outside :oops: ( he does it in like 3 seconds lol and runs for the door to get inside )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, I just going to curl on the couch with a nice blanket and a hot chocoloate and listen to

The Cremation of Sam McGee - Read By Johnny Cash :D

Reaper AL, natchezz, btb01 and 12 others like this.
  10. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much, Gary for your attention.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I saved some quotes but they all disappeared. Operator error!!!
    Mostly, I just wanted to wish all the Guardians a Happy Valentines Day.
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, Reaper AL, Pt-Luso and 14 others like this.
  12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the compliments Gary! :) That’s a great photo of your Rosewood Hartshead Barlow. I’ve only got one problem with it! Now I’m in the kitchen looking for something sweet to eat! :D

mitch4ging, Jack Black and CelloDan like this.
  13. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Hope y’all have a great Valentines Day! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

14. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Same as me. Pepper, cheese, onions, herbs, brown sauce. :thumbsup:

Ben there really interesting posts.:thumbsup: It's great you have that history of your forebears, especially from such a pivotal time of your country's history. But I've got to say (being of Scots descent myself) a lot of families in Scotland seemed to be enemies of someone of other. :D

Thanks GT. That's a great shot of your rosewood HHB helping you out with one of life's difficult decisions.
    Which was a coincidence because yesterday my rosewood big'un helped me choose my healthy snack.:) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

And just some pictures from my walk yesterday in Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire.
    [​IMG]

The Cat and Fiddle pub.
    Front.
    [​IMG]

And back.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    It annoys me even more when overseas customers get sold rubbish :mad: As you know, even picking them up directly from the factory, and even though they know I will definitely return them, I've been sold quite a few stinkers over the years, so what chance does someone in the USA have? Until they up their QC, they don't deserve the business, frankly :thumbsdown:

I'm glad I picked the right day to go for a walk! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Great pics Gary :D I had a flapjack with my afternoon coffee :) I seem to have lost the pic I took, but it was something like this...:rolleyes:;):D:thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Thanks Jon ;) I've only tried the Uniphoxx, but I like them, and think they're very good value for money :) I just got one for my other half - in orange, with a glow-in-the-dark lanyard - hoping it's the one thing she doesn't manage to lose o_O :rolleyes: Thank you my friend, you too :thumbsup:

Good grief, that's a HUGE difference! :eek: Oh yes! ;) Thanks :D :thumbsup:

I've been meaning to asking @glennbad to mod something for me for about the past 10 years! His work is first rate, but I never really thought of anything to send his way :rolleyes:

Great Hartshead pics fellers :cool: :thumbsup:

Yiles, that's COLD dan! :eek: hope you're having a good day on the couch :) :thumbsup:

Hate it when that happens! o_O Nice photo John, hope you're having a lovely day :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic Ron :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup: Looks like a great walk David, it must be 30 years since I was last at the Cat & Fiddle, it looks to have changed a bit - or my memory is going! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Pàdruig, donn, TFBraden and 12 others like this.
  16. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Fine image of the Wasp and Lamb. Ditto for your Hartshead and sweet treat.

@5K Qs - Thank you GT.. The weather has been mostly tolerable. Smashing image of your Lamb, blueberry treat.

@Crazy Canuck - Excellent image of your Hartshead c beans, Mike.

@JohnDF - Happy V Day, John. Nice Lamb and Rose shot.

@donn - Fine tour of your World.

Good Afternoon Guardians. Happy V Day.
    [​IMG]

donn, TFBraden, Reaper AL and 11 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Harvey, what a great pic! :cool: :thumbsup:

Reaper AL and mitch4ging like this.
  18. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Jack. Has the rain eased? What are your grand plans for the weekend?:)

Reaper AL likes this.
  19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hi Harvey, it started out quite nice here today, cold, but fine :) Then it started raining mid afternoon. The Met Office are still forecasting stormy weather for tomorrow, so I think we're going to go out for lunch, and then go to the cinema. Not the most exciting idea, and with very few photo opportunities, but it will hopefully beat getting soaked ;) How about you my friend, any plans? I hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

20. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    It looks like you know how to turn a sow’s ear into a fine silk purse. I’m planning on a big celebration for the return of warmth:D

CelloDan and Jack Black like this.