Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Sad days, but I bet kids these days would prefer some on-line content over a plastic whistle or magnifying glass.
Beautiful horn on your Lam Jack, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
You're probably right about kids' current preferences, John, but those Cracker Jack plastic magnifying classes were SO cool!! ;):cool:
Thanks for your Lam Jack remark. :)

That's TERRIBLE about the Crackerjack Gary! :mad: Thanks for all your kind words my friend, beautiful pic of Lam Jack :) :thumbsup:
Yeah, my Cracker Jack purchase about a year ago was quite a disappointment. :(
I appreciate your Lam Jack compliment. :)

Thank you GT. Knee slapper, that one.:) Your Lam Jack is a handsome chap.
I've got a million of 'em, Harvey. :rolleyes:
Lam Jack and I appreciate your always-generous praise. :)

I never much liked crackerjack because of the peanuts cluttering up the carmel corn.
Ever tried gummi bears for low-ricochet ammo?
We'd have been good Cracker Jack pals, Jer; you could eat the caramel corn and I could eat the peanuts. :thumbsup:;)
The gummy bears suggestion seems like a good one to me! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary. I'd like to say I wish I was in Michigan right now, but I'd be lying!
:D You'd be lying in snow, Vince! :p

Happy page 1776... America and Britain unite!
View attachment 1281621
Premium pair of lambsfoots, Taylor! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1281628 The Extraordinary Linus the Lambfoot and I were hanging out this afternoon when the mail carrier dropped this little feller off. Linus was excited to see someone from his hometown! View attachment 1281626 Both sides look good. Very hard to see, but the words Sheffield and England appear on the pile side tang.View attachment 1281627 Joseph Rodgers, * and + are on the mark side tang. And of course "THE LAMBFOOT KNIFE" is proudly stamped on the blade. What's that Linus? No, no - he might be "The Lambfoot", but he's definitely not the only Lambfoot!View attachment 1281629
Congrats on the jigged bone Joseph Rodgers, Ben; looks like a winner!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I took the photo (posted yesterday) by the River Nidd on Saturday...

IlZZGDL.jpg

Here it is the following day :eek:

River-Nidd-near-Bilton.jpg

Cafe-Knaresborough-Rivrside.jpg
Astounding difference that a day made!! :eek:

The coloring of your "Lam Jack" (Guardians 18) is amazing, Gary.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, José; most of those 2017 horn Guardians lambsfoots had extremely pleasing "feathering". :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Very fine file work on your lefty lambsfoot! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Jack, I'm sorry to say this, but your photo looks like it could have been taken here in Tennessee! Some of the people that live close to some of the streams and tributaries that feed into the Tennessee River system are having a rough time. :(

Good to see your Rosewood Bigun Jack! :thumbsup: :)

I'm also carrying my Rosewood Bigun today. :thumbsup: I've not sharpened it in a while. But I used 20deg per side the last time and it's due for a touch up now. Y'all have a good day. :)

48753962632_6869062153_o.jpg
Your big rosewood is a handsome knife, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I hope your area gets a chance to dry out soon! :eek::(

Thanks Jack! I have noticed that you’ve not been shy about using your Hartshead Stag! ;) They are most certainly sturdy as well as beautiful knives. I haven’t been able to bring myself to use mine much with the exception of mail duty and such. However, I have never been shy about using my Rosewood Big ‘Un. It’s a real work horse! I would really liked to have been able to get a Guardians Big ‘Un. Maybe Ebony with fluted or lined bolsters. I feel it would have made the series complete. I do fully understand and support the reasons why it’s not going to happen. If I never acquire another, I feel really blessed to have the Lambsfoot collection that I have. Thanks to you Jack and also to Charlie! :thumbsup: :)
Truer words were never written, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Good Morning Guardians
Exquisite ebony WCLF, John! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Hope all you Guardians have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

40662197023_af098050ea_o_d.jpg
That's a ravishing example, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Michael agreed to refund my money and it appears that I get to keep the knife too. Ultimately MM did the right (Wright? :rolleyes:) thing. However, my experience was not exactly pleasurable. Here are some photos. The Rams horn scales are nice. You'll get the idea.
View attachment 1282402 View attachment 1282414 View attachment 1282415 View attachment 1282416
Bill, I'm glad you got a refund, but I'm sorry the maker treated you so shabbily! :eek::(:thumbsdown:

Good morning, Guardians!
Mv7nmEk.jpg
Magnificent African rosewood lambs food, Vince! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

For the start of my day, so I can "bear" it!:eek::D
p4Nh5bM.jpg
Cool photo, Dennis; that blond horn lambsfoot is distinctive! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1282601 Have a few minutes to spare this evening so I thought I would tickle up the edges of a few knives. Thought a nice group shot of the lambs would be nice. Must get over to Sheffield one of these days to see if I can pick up a bone or horn handled one.
Fab Five, @WDJ; thanks for sharing the group shot! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

A recycled photo but it about sums up what Jack said about multiple seasons in one day. :rolleyes:
jFimb8m.jpg
Such a recognizable and robust knife, David! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1282659 This may be easier for me to do in multiple posts:
In 1860 a Scottish couple named Peter and Mary Gordon built our house. Mary's family were McDowels and supposedly the Gordon's and McDowels were enemies in Scotland, but what did they do but buy adjoining properties here in Illinois!
View attachment 1282696 The little cemetery about a mile from the house- Scots only! Linus pretended not to be scared.
Fascinating posts about your house and ancestors, Ben!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I wonder how many significant remodels your house has been through in 160 years?? Are there other "national" cemeteries in your area, or were the Scots the only ones who wanted to stick together in death?

And so it begins...
View attachment 1282839

Brookes&Crookes Lamb, plus a tin of Danish butter cookies.
View attachment 1282840
Hope you didn't get too much snow or too few degrees, Harvey.
I can see that your Brookes and Crookes could get its hooks in you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Beautiful sunny photo of a majestic knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The HHB helped me out with some tri-tip yesterday.
49513834708_26263e2459_b.jpg

Have a good week Guardians.
I had some veggies too..... Balance, ya know. :D
49513860828_06399218b3_h.jpg
Looks like you and your stag HHB have some healthy habits, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Reminds me of a recent experience where I wanted to choose a healthy snack. Should I select apple or banana or blueberry or clementine or grapes or orange??
sconeNfruit.jpg

My rosewood HHB strongly advised blueberry, and who am I to argue??
scone.closeup.jpg

- GT

Living in such a small country, I do find the weather variation across the US rather staggering :) Nice photo Rachel :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, I'm grateful for the kind words my friend :) My dad had the same job most of his life, and spent the rest of it sat in an armchair playing chess, so I've tried to get out a bit more! :D ;) I'm not sure how long I'll keep carrying the HB, but I'm not going to fight it's allure :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Friday ;) Another weekend is almost upon us :) :thumbsup:

462jzu0.jpg

vih223m.jpg
Black Slingshot and Black lambsfoot:eek: Nice stealth setup Jack! :) I need to try a wasp catapult, I heard they are pretty good for the money. Enjoy your weekend pal!

Living in such a small country, I do find the weather variation across the US rather staggering :) Nice photo Rachel :thumbsup:

vih223m.jpg
It is a big country, but I'm staggered by the weather variation in my own yard. It's 36 right now, and they're expecting a high of 79 for Sunday. (pea planting day, I hope)

I see you're going with your formal slingshot, all in black today. Nice! :cool::thumbsup:

You're probably right about kids' current preferences, John, but those Cracker Jack plastic magnifying classes were SO cool!! ;):cool:

We'd have been good Cracker Jack pals, Jer; you could eat the caramel corn and I could eat the peanuts. :thumbsup:;)

Congrats on the jigged bone Joseph Rodgers, Ben; looks like a winner!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, José; most of those 2017 horn Guardians lambsfoots had extremely pleasing "feathering". :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Your big rosewood is a handsome knife, Ron! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I hope your area gets a chance to dry out soon! :eek::(

Bill, I'm glad you got a refund, but I'm sorry the maker treated you so shabbily! :eek::(:thumbsdown:

Cool photo, Dennis; that blond horn lambsfoot is distinctive! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Fascinating posts about your house and ancestors, Ben!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I wonder how many significant remodels your house has been through in 160 years?? Are there other "national" cemeteries in your area, or were the Scots the only ones who wanted to stick together in death?

I can see that your Brookes and Crookes could get its hooks in you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Looks like you and your stag HHB have some healthy habits, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Reminds me of a recent experience where I wanted to choose a healthy snack. Should I select apple or banana or blueberry or clementine or grapes or orange??
View attachment 1283463

View attachment 1283464

- GT
Thanks for your kind words GT. Right now I'm trying to find someone to wok on the knife for a teardown and rebuild. Glennbad was my first choice but he has closed his books and can't take anymore work.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

I sincerely regret what is happening with your knife made by M. May, but I think the final solution was for a man with the ability to assume his mistakes (or his apprentice !!!), it was very dignified.
But, I'm saying this because I have a knife like yours in cherry wood that looks great and I also have another one from Taylors Eye Witness in ram’s horn made by M. May and that is a superb knife.
This is all to say that however I have some knives made by A. Wright, which have exactly the same problem, such as (and I can show by photos) my HB in stag.;):thumbsup:
Thanks for your reply and kind words Jose.

View attachment 1283463

View attachment 1283464

- GT
Why not take all of them?! :D:D:D

It is a big country, but I'm staggered by the weather variation in my own yard. It's 36 right now, and they're expecting a high of 79 for Sunday. (pea planting day, I hope)

The weather has been like a Yo Yo here. Yesterday was plus 3 Celsius , today (on Valentine's day :cool:) is minus 24 :eek::eek::eek:.
Tomorrow will be - 3 C :thumbsup:
I think that this pic of my hand and my lambsfoot checking how it felt outside will be the extend of my adventures outside today :D ...... oh no wait .... I have have to take my dog to pee a few times outside :oops: ( he does it in like 3 seconds lol and runs for the door to get inside )
HbTZz3S.jpg

D7mqGMem.png

Now, I just going to curl on the couch with a nice blanket and a hot chocoloate and listen to

The Cremation of Sam McGee - Read By Johnny Cash :D

sconenfruit-jpg.1283463

scone-closeup-jpg.1283464
Thanks for the compliments Gary! :) That’s a great photo of your Rosewood Hartshead Barlow. I’ve only got one problem with it! Now I’m in the kitchen looking for something sweet to eat! :D

I add black pepper, usually Tabasco, sometimes cheese, and Hendersons, of course ;)

Same as me. Pepper, cheese, onions, herbs, brown sauce. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1282659 This may be easier for me to do in multiple posts:
In 1860 a Scottish couple named Peter and Mary Gordon built our house. Mary's family were McDowels and supposedly the Gordon's and McDowels were enemies in Scotland, but what did they do but buy adjoining properties here in Illinois!

Ben there really interesting posts.:thumbsup: It's great you have that history of your forebears, especially from such a pivotal time of your country's history. But I've got to say (being of Scots descent myself) a lot of families in Scotland seemed to be enemies of someone of other. :D

View attachment 1283463

- GT

Thanks GT. That's a great shot of your rosewood HHB helping you out with one of life's difficult decisions.
Which was a coincidence because yesterday my rosewood big'un helped me choose my healthy snack.:) :thumbsup:

pCjUlom.jpg

And just some pictures from my walk yesterday in Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire.
tDOgnsC.jpg

The Cat and Fiddle pub.
Front.
OLPyU6e.jpg

And back.
10Eui5Z.jpg

pwMWwle.jpg

OshqZc5.jpg

View attachment 1283463

View attachment 1283464

- GT

It annoys me even more when overseas customers get sold rubbish :mad: As you know, even picking them up directly from the factory, and even though they know I will definitely return them, I've been sold quite a few stinkers over the years, so what chance does someone in the USA have? Until they up their QC, they don't deserve the business, frankly :thumbsdown:

I'm glad I picked the right day to go for a walk! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Great pics Gary :D I had a flapjack with my afternoon coffee :) I seem to have lost the pic I took, but it was something like this...:rolleyes:;):D:thumbsup:

s5mLNxJ.jpg

Black Slingshot and Black lambsfoot:eek: Nice stealth setup Jack! :) I need to try a wasp catapult, I heard they are pretty good for the money. Enjoy your weekend pal!

Thanks Jon ;) I've only tried the Uniphoxx, but I like them, and think they're very good value for money :) I just got one for my other half - in orange, with a glow-in-the-dark lanyard - hoping it's the one thing she doesn't manage to lose o_O :rolleyes: Thank you my friend, you too :thumbsup:

I see you're going with your formal slingshot, all in black today. Nice! :cool::thumbsup:

Good grief, that's a HUGE difference! :eek: Oh yes! ;) Thanks :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind words GT. Right now I'm trying to find someone to wok on the knife for a teardown and rebuild. Glennbad was my first choice but he has closed his books and can't take anymore work.

I've been meaning to asking @glennbad to mod something for me for about the past 10 years! His work is first rate, but I never really thought of anything to send his way :rolleyes:

TGIF and Happy Valentine's Day Guardians!

ASdV8uj.jpg

I can almost smell the coffee. The HHB looks great. I love mine.View attachment 1283528

Great Hartshead pics fellers :cool: :thumbsup:

The weather has been like a Yo Yo here. Yesterday was plus 3 Celsius , today (on Valentine's day :cool:) is minus 24 :eek::eek::eek:.
Tomorrow will be - 3 C :thumbsup:
I think that this pic of my hand and my lambsfoot checking how it felt outside will be the extend of my adventures outside today :D ...... oh no wait .... I have have to take my dog to pee a few times outside :oops: ( he does it in like 3 seconds lol and runs for the door to get inside )
HbTZz3S.jpg

D7mqGMem.png

Now, I just going to curl on the couch with a nice blanket and a hot chocoloate and listen to

The Cremation of Sam McGee - Read By Johnny Cash :D

Yiles, that's COLD dan! :eek: hope you're having a good day on the couch :) :thumbsup:

I saved some quotes but they all disappeared. Operator error!!!
Mostly, I just wanted to wish all the Guardians a Happy Valentines Day.

Hate it when that happens! o_O Nice photo John, hope you're having a lovely day :) :thumbsup:

Hope y’all have a great Valentines Day! :thumbsup:

49533934788_9a5a27c57a_c_d.jpg

Fantastic Ron :) :thumbsup:

Thanks GT. That's a great shot of your rosewood HHB helping you out with one of life's difficult decisions.
Which was a coincidence because yesterday my rosewood big'un helped me choose my healthy snack.:) :thumbsup:

pCjUlom.jpg

And just some pictures from my walk yesterday in Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Cheshire.
tDOgnsC.jpg

The Cat and Fiddle pub.
Front.
OLPyU6e.jpg

And back.
10Eui5Z.jpg

pwMWwle.jpg

OshqZc5.jpg

LOL! :D :thumbsup: Looks like a great walk David, it must be 30 years since I was last at the Cat & Fiddle, it looks to have changed a bit - or my memory is going! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Fine image of the Wasp and Lamb. Ditto for your Hartshead and sweet treat.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT.. The weather has been mostly tolerable. Smashing image of your Lamb, blueberry treat.

Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck - Excellent image of your Hartshead c beans, Mike.

JohnDF JohnDF - Happy V Day, John. Nice Lamb and Rose shot.

donn donn - Fine tour of your World.

Good Afternoon Guardians. Happy V Day.
95F53D23-695F-4F2A-BC15-728087D73D8A_zpschdkn8zm.jpeg

Jack Black Jack Black - Fine image of the Wasp and Lamb. Ditto for your Hartshead and sweet treat.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT.. The weather has been mostly tolerable. Smashing image of your Lamb, blueberry treat.

Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck - Excellent image of your Hartshead c beans, Mike.

JohnDF JohnDF - Happy V Day, John. Nice Lamb and Rose shot.

donn donn - Fine tour of your World.

Good Afternoon Guardians. Happy V Day.
95F53D23-695F-4F2A-BC15-728087D73D8A_zpschdkn8zm.jpeg

Thanks Harvey, what a great pic! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. Has the rain eased? What are your grand plans for the weekend?:)

Hi Harvey, it started out quite nice here today, cold, but fine :) Then it started raining mid afternoon. The Met Office are still forecasting stormy weather for tomorrow, so I think we're going to go out for lunch, and then go to the cinema. Not the most exciting idea, and with very few photo opportunities, but it will hopefully beat getting soaked ;) How about you my friend, any plans? I hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

Back