Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Unfortunately I have the flu, so have another Martini for me!
ZSlpJGm.jpg
I have sometimes found that tying on a good buzz helps knock the crap out of you... Just make your body as inhospitable as possible. Hopefully you get over that crud quickly, it's never fun to be laid up sick.

@mitch4ging - Thank you Dennis. Enjoyed the outdoor winter landscape, and felt the warmth from the hearth, followed by that great looking Lamb Foot.

CelloDan CelloDan - Great exterior/interior images of your environment, Dan. Starring your Lamb Foot. Also fine night scenes.

@herder - Beautiful Wintery image. Nice collection of Lambs. Tasty looking Fruit Cake.

@Wild Ben - Hello Linus!

JohnDF JohnDF - Bless your Mom’s heart, John. I can imagine what an adventure it must have been. Very elegant image of your Lamb Foot.

J Jon E - Welcome. Very nice Taylor’s Eye Witness Lamb Foot. Fine image, too.

Prester John Prester John - Vince, that’s a what more could you ask for lifestyle image.

@Dschal - Hope you recover quickly, Dave.

Good Evening Guardians. Fresh Sliced Apple Pastry.
9431D2CE-A9F8-4381-9F2C-FF9B9110ECFC.jpeg

@mitch4ging - Thank you Dennis. Enjoyed the outdoor winter landscape, and felt the warmth from the hearth, followed by that great looking Lamb Foot.

CelloDan CelloDan - Great exterior/interior images of your environment, Dan. Starring your Lamb Foot. Also fine night scenes.

@herder - Beautiful Wintery image. Nice collection of Lambs. Tasty looking Fruit Cake.

@Wild Ben - Hello Linus!

JohnDF JohnDF - Bless your Mom’s heart, John. I can imagine what an adventure it must have been. Very elegant image of your Lamb Foot.

J Jon E - Welcome. Very nice Taylor’s Eye Witness Lamb Foot. Fine image, too.

Prester John Prester John - Vince, that’s a what more could you ask for lifestyle image.

@Dschal - Hope you recover quickly, Dave.

View attachment 1284666
Wonderful image as usual, Harvey. :thumbsup:
(And thanks for the compliment.)

My £5 Lambsfoot, for the money it's not too bad, it's got a half stop which I always like, F&F is at least as good as some of the Sheffield stuff that's slipped through QC, I've had it a few years and it's had some abuse, including an awful sharpening job by me still nice and sharp though, no marks on the blade apart from the real lambsfoot etching, I'm guessing probably Chinese made.

IMG-20200216-083319160-2.jpg

Thank you Jack! Have a good one my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. I hope you stay safe in the storm.

Thanks a lot guys :) :thumbsup:

Today we went skating in the evening/nigh time.
Temperatures were milder so my ebony lambsfoot agreed to come :D as long as it could photo bomb my photos and videos.
I reluctantly agreed :D

8g0Nr7b.jpg

3PLU1Qk.jpg

Incredible Dan :) Thanks so much for all the trouble you take to share these great pics with us. I love the sudden appearance of your Lambsfoot in the video :D :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1284666

That looks very tasty Harvey :) :thumbsup:

My £5 Lambsfoot, for the money it's not too bad, it's got a half stop which I always like, F&F is at least as good as some of the Sheffield stuff that's slipped through QC, I've had it a few years and it's had some abuse, including an awful sharpening job by me still nice and sharp though, no marks on the blade apart from the real lambsfoot etching, I'm guessing probably Chinese made.

I haven't seen these on sale for a few years, but they're a bargain. Quality seems to be pretty much consistent, only had a couple I had a problem with. I've given quite a few away to friends, and every one has spoken well of them :thumbsup: The knife was the start of an early Lambsfoot thread here . You'll also see the 'Silent Lambsfoot recorded in the thread index :thumbsup:

jx8nzW3.jpg

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :) The weather is still a bit miserable here, but Storm Dennis looks to have fizzled out. Think I'm hooking up with some of my neighbours later, meanwhile I've plenty to do in the house. I haven't carried this Lambsfoot @bonzodog kindly gifted me for a while, so I thought I'd slip it in my pocket today, together with my Hartshead Barlow ;) Have a good Sunday folks :thumbsup:

IvutNQf.jpg

7fzi2yK.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, Jack.
Have a great day!

Thanks John, I've not had a bad day, sharpened a couple of knives, had coffee with my elderly neighbour, and got a few jobs done in the house (though there's always more). I've just cooked some spaghetti, and of course, you can't have pasta without wine ;) :thumbsup:

GHKspEv.jpg

I dunno Dave. You could use your beautiful HHB to cure your flu bug. Back in the day didn't they do blood letting to cure illnesses?:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Hopefully, it at least has talismanic powers :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Good Sunday Guardians, Please excuse this old picture but it's pretty similar weather out side today.
View attachment 1284944

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Looks good Bill, here it started out dull, overcast, and windy. We then have some sleet, a couple of hours of heavy rain, and now the sun is out :rolleyes:

I've not had a bad day, sharpened a couple of knives, had coffee with my elderly neighbour, and got a few jobs done in the house (though there's always more). I've just cooked some spaghetti, and of course, you can't have pasta without wine ;) :thumbsup:

GHKspEv.jpg
Sounds like the perfect restful day. :cool::thumbsup:

I haven't seen these on sale for a few years, but they're a bargain. Quality seems to be pretty much consistent, only had a couple I had a problem with. I've given quite a few away to friends, and every one has spoken well of them :thumbsup: The knife was the start of an early Lambsfoot thread here . You'll also see the 'Silent Lambsfoot recorded in the thread index :thumbsup:

jx8nzW3.jpg

Those bring back memories of the one that started my love for the Lambsfoot. If memory serves me right, I won this one in a giveaway that some bloke named Jack ( ;) Jack Black Jack Black ) put on. That knife is a steal for a 5'er !
26721755655_f6a8ae69bc_b.jpg

Those bring back memories of the one that started my love for the Lambsfoot. If memory serves me right, I won this one in a giveaway that some bloke named Jack ( ;) Jack Black Jack Black ) put on. That knife is a steal for a 5'er !
26721755655_f6a8ae69bc_b.jpg

Yep, that's a few years back now Kevin (a shame the pics aren't still there) :) I enjoyed seeing you use that one so much, I wanted to send you one in carbon :) Think I paid about £7, but it's still a bargain. It's disturbing to put those knives side to side with some of the Lambsfoot knives from Taylor's Eye Witness :eek: :thumbsup:

FduMrN3.jpg

Definitely a bargain for the money. I think I'll give it a clean and attempt to fix the dodgy sharpening job and put it back in with my daily use pile. I've always preferred a sheepsfoot blade to a lambsfoot but am starting to like the lambsfoot more now, I think I'll look out for a few more and maybe a nicer one.

Back