Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    It was an adventure.
    She was cranky, we were working our butts off taking shoes on and off her, and the staff was laughing at us I think. :confused:

Hope you feel better, Dave.

2. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I have sometimes found that tying on a good buzz helps knock the crap out of you... Just make your body as inhospitable as possible. Hopefully you get over that crud quickly, it's never fun to be laid up sick.

3. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Today we went skating in the evening/nigh time.
    Temperatures were milder so my ebony lambsfoot agreed to come :D as long as it could photo bomb my photos and videos.
    I reluctantly agreed :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @mitch4ging - Thank you Dennis. Enjoyed the outdoor winter landscape, and felt the warmth from the hearth, followed by that great looking Lamb Foot.

@CelloDan - Great exterior/interior images of your environment, Dan. Starring your Lamb Foot. Also fine night scenes.

@herder - Beautiful Wintery image. Nice collection of Lambs. Tasty looking Fruit Cake.

@Wild Ben - Hello Linus!

@JohnDF - Bless your Mom’s heart, John. I can imagine what an adventure it must have been. Very elegant image of your Lamb Foot.

@Jon E - Welcome. Very nice Taylor’s Eye Witness Lamb Foot. Fine image, too.

@Prester John - Vince, that’s a what more could you ask for lifestyle image.

@Dschal - Hope you recover quickly, Dave.

Good Evening Guardians. Fresh Sliced Apple Pastry.
    9431D2CE-A9F8-4381-9F2C-FF9B9110ECFC.jpeg

mitch4ging, donn, WHT and 15 others like this.
  5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Wonderful image as usual, Harvey. :thumbsup:
    (And thanks for the compliment.)

mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.
  6. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Vince. Your not so bad yourself, my friend. Cheers!

mitch4ging and Prester John like this.
  7. Jon E

Jon E

Jul 7, 2014
    My £5 Lambsfoot, for the money it's not too bad, it's got a half stop which I always like, F&F is at least as good as some of the Sheffield stuff that's slipped through QC, I've had it a few years and it's had some abuse, including an awful sharpening job by me still nice and sharp though, no marks on the blade apart from the real lambsfoot etching, I'm guessing probably Chinese made.

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, WHT, cigarrodog and 9 others like this.
  8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot guys :) :thumbsup:

Incredible Dan :) Thanks so much for all the trouble you take to share these great pics with us. I love the sudden appearance of your Lambsfoot in the video :D :cool: :thumbsup:

That looks very tasty Harvey :) :thumbsup:

I haven't seen these on sale for a few years, but they're a bargain. Quality seems to be pretty much consistent, only had a couple I had a problem with. I've given quite a few away to friends, and every one has spoken well of them :thumbsup: The knife was the start of an early Lambsfoot thread here . You'll also see the 'Silent Lambsfoot recorded in the thread index :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :) The weather is still a bit miserable here, but Storm Dennis looks to have fizzled out. Think I'm hooking up with some of my neighbours later, meanwhile I've plenty to do in the house. I haven't carried this Lambsfoot @bonzodog kindly gifted me for a while, so I thought I'd slip it in my pocket today, together with my Hartshead Barlow ;) Have a good Sunday folks :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  9. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Harvey. :)

Your Lambs eat better than anyone's. ;):thumbsup:

Looks like a Dandy, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  10. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    Just enjoying my quiet morning coffee
    [​IMG]

11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks my friend, nice choice for a Sunday morning :) :thumbsup:

mitch4ging and cigarrodog like this.
  12. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Jack.
    Have a great day!

mitch4ging, cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  13. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    I dunno Dave. You could use your beautiful HHB to cure your flu bug. Back in the day didn't they do blood letting to cure illnesses?:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

[​IMG]

Dschal, flatblackcapo and Wild Willie like this.
  14. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Good Sunday Guardians, Please excuse this old picture but it's pretty similar weather out side today.
    IMG_1253.JPG

[​IMG]

15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks John, I've not had a bad day, sharpened a couple of knives, had coffee with my elderly neighbour, and got a few jobs done in the house (though there's always more). I've just cooked some spaghetti, and of course, you can't have pasta without wine ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Hopefully, it at least has talismanic powers :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Looks good Bill, here it started out dull, overcast, and windy. We then have some sleet, a couple of hours of heavy rain, and now the sun is out :rolleyes:

16. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Sounds like the perfect restful day. :cool::thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  17. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    Those bring back memories of the one that started my love for the Lambsfoot. If memory serves me right, I won this one in a giveaway that some bloke named Jack ( ;) @Jack Black ) put on. That knife is a steal for a 5'er !
    [​IMG]

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yep, that's a few years back now Kevin (a shame the pics aren't still there) :) I enjoyed seeing you use that one so much, I wanted to send you one in carbon :) Think I paid about £7, but it's still a bargain. It's disturbing to put those knives side to side with some of the Lambsfoot knives from Taylor's Eye Witness :eek: :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

19. Jon E

Jon E

Jul 7, 2014
    Definitely a bargain for the money. I think I'll give it a clean and attempt to fix the dodgy sharpening job and put it back in with my daily use pile. I've always preferred a sheepsfoot blade to a lambsfoot but am starting to like the lambsfoot more now, I think I'll look out for a few more and maybe a nicer one.

Reaper AL, flatblackcapo and CelloDan like this.
  20. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black - Thank you Jack. What kind of sauce is on the pasta? Looks great. All in all, it looks like you’ve had a fine Sunday. cheers.

@JohnDF - :D

Good Afternoon Guardians.

Rust never sleeps.
    A056CF97-C4FA-4720-8671-4633143C160B.jpeg

Have you hugged your tree today?
    [​IMG]