Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Wild Ben

Wild Ben Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Mark, you are up next to host the Extraordinary Linus (yes, slightly out of order).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Ramrodmb likes this.
  2. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    MMMM!

Jack Black likes this.
  3. Tim.E

Tim.E Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 7, 2019
    [​IMG]

4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Looks good to me; I like the grain on either side!

Superior photos of your stag HHBs with red container, brown beans, white rocks, and flu cocktail, Jack & Mike & Bill & Dave! "Inflammable" and "Flammable" are synonyms; I find that confusing! Hope you feel better ASAP, Dave!

Your WCLFs are different, but both sensational, Ron & John!

Congrats on the Baxter Lamb, Harvey!

Immaculate ironwood, Mark!

Enviable ebony, José!

I like your style, Bill! :thumbsup::p

How about a grape, Ron?? :D

Where would we be, nutritionally, without our lambsfoots, David & Jack & Harvey??

Dynamic duo of HHBs, Ron!

Thanks for your positive reaction to my rosewood HHB as snack adviser, Dennis!
    Your ironwood's patina is a constant source of fascination for me!
    Years ago, one of my younger brothers was a vet at the horse track in Riudoso part of the year, and at another track in El Paso the rest of the year. But he's had a practice (large animal only, I think) around Albuquerque for a long time now; haven't heard from him in a while – maybe he's retired by now.

Probably just natural variation in temperature and your course speed, Dan. I like that diagram of the skating route; I can see just where you had your "crash" while making the decision about which way to turn!

I think I have my old microscope in the basement; if I can find it, I'll flatter you @herder by trying to imitate your photo to some degree! I like the lambsfoots on the ends of your line-up, with the "unnatural" handles!

:D:thumbsup: A 5th grade girl who was helping in the church nursery I volunteered in this morning is currently reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. She filled me in on what Turkish Delight really is, according to one of her classmates.

For the Love of Linus!!

:p:p

I like the synthetic handles!

:thumbsup::):thumbsup: Good one, Vince!
    Are you excited about baseball's spring training kicking off?

Splendid AC, Ron!

That looks like it would be very cool (if I knew how to skate)!

An apple pastry and a stag lambsfoot a day keeps the doctor away!

Very cool budget lambsfoots, guys!

- GT

5. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Lam Jack is my lambsfoot for this week. Here's a pic when it was brand new in October 2017:
    gl.mark.halfopen.leaves.jpg

Here's my most recent pic of Lam Jack from Yorkshire Day in August 2019:
    yorkshireday.8119.jpg

- GT

6. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, GT. :)

Still looks like new, GT. :cool::thumbsup:

mitch4ging and Jack Black like this.
  7. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Lol. I remember I didn't know what it was, and had it confused with Turkish Taffy. Hardly a confection worth betraying ones family for, even if it were enchanted. (a lot was lost on me at that age. I was up to around the third book in the series when it dawned on me there might just be some sort of Christian theme to the stories.) ;)

Reaper AL, btb01 and Prester John like this.
  8. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    @5K Qs - Thank you GT. Nice Fall image of your Lam Jack.

mitch4ging likes this.
  9. SnackPack

SnackPack

Nov 21, 2019
    Everyone, sell me on why I need a lambsfoot. Needing a reason to pull the trigger on one

JohnDF likes this.
  10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you for all the compliments Gary! :) I actually like grapes! :thumbsup: Lam Jack was and still is a beautiful Lambsfoot! :thumbsup: :)

Jack Black likes this.
  11. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Sounds great ('cept for the fungi!), Jack! Pasta is one of my favourite foods. And everything's better with garlick, olive oil, sausage, and tomatoes! :thumbsup:

Reaper AL, Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  12. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    You are very welcome my friend !!!
    You have done a great thing with the Guardians and I feel happy to participate :thumbsup::)

:D:thumbsup:

Yeap :thumbsup::) ,that's the spot lol
    Very nice Gary, the edge looks very even and sharp all the way to the tip :thumbsup:

Gracias Harvey :)

You must live close to a very fine pastry/bakery shop. All the deserts are out of this world :thumbsup:.

I tried, .... but then I got all creeped out and run away as fast as I could :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    You bet! It should be an interesting season, although the Astros are gonna get a lot of booing on the road. Well, you reap what you sow. I don't get to watch many games, not having cable television, but I can follow baseball with my MLB app. I get a lot more info than the newspaper box scores used to give me, and I can watch clips.

Reaper AL likes this.
  14. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    I'm not a salesman, but I would recommend reading the first few pages of this thread, if you have not already done so. I think I started reading this around page 300 or 400, and went back to read it all. It's probably too big to do that now! Speaking for myself, I was fascinated with the pattern. I have four lambsfoots now. It's a great knife, and one you won't find in the US (other than Charlie's SFO from GEC last year). But no one had to talk me into buying one.

15. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 19, 2018
    They're as good for precision cutting as an adult lamb foot, but carry a lot slimmer. It you like a straight edge on a pocket knife then that's all the reason you should need. Also there's a pretty awesome group of guys here to deal with on this thread. I bought my first lambsfoot just because I spent so much time lurking here and saw how much fun they have... Plus I really like a good utilitarian knife design.

16. Wild Willie

Mar 19, 2018
    1581905149660501486567.jpg
    Lambsfoot content! I finally found a bottle of old school absorbine at the pharmacy... Shouldn't be this stoked at 31 for something like this but a torn up shoulder and arthritis in both hips has made me appreciate the remedies my old man showed me growing up.

17. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    I might have to look for that! Blue Emu ointment is pretty good. Heard Johnny Bench (one of the greatest catchers ever) advertising it on the radio. It works!

Reaper AL and Wild Willie like this.
  18. Frailer

Frailer Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Having spent some time in western Asia, I can state unequivocally that Turkish Delight is not something I would betray anyone for. I was once presented with a large box full of this questionable confection by a senior dignitary. I accepted it with a socially appropriate level of gratitude...but I did not eat it.

19. Wild Willie

Mar 19, 2018
    Can't say I've heard of that, but now I'm gonna look. I used to use absorbine religiously after a soccer match or a day in the hay mow. Going to be again now, I hadn't seen it anywhere for a long time until today.

Reaper AL and Prester John like this.
  20. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    @cello Dan - Thank you Dan. What a cool tree. It’s called Deerfield Bakery. Freshly made, daily, They bake an assortment of sublime goodies.

mitch4ging, CelloDan and Jack Black like this.