Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack Black

Gold Member
Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. What kind of sauce is on the pasta? Looks great. All in all, it looks like you’ve had a fine Sunday. cheers.

JohnDF JohnDF - :D

Good Afternoon Guardians.

Rust never sleeps.
View attachment 1285191

Have you hugged your tree today?
92D69B9F-DA4F-4E59-B0B5-21E464245F3D_zpsmptxkzea.jpeg

Not really a sauce Harvey :) I fried up some garlic in good olive oil, then Italian sausage, followed by some sliced button mushrooms, and then some small vine tomatoes, halved. Cooked the spaghetti, stirred in some tomato pesto, then added the other ingredients :thumbsup: Great pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog

Platinum Member
Not really a sauce Harvey :) I fried up some garlic in good olive oil, then Italian sausage, followed by some sliced button mushrooms, and then some small vine tomatoes, halved. Cooked the spaghetti, stirred in some tomato pesto, then added the other ingredients :thumbsup: Great pics my friend :) :thumbsup:
MMMM!

5K Qs

Gold Member
Fresh from the plastic bag...
Not bad again, nice and tight with blade reasonably centred, scales could be better matched but... :D
Looks good to me; I like the grain on either side!

Hope everyone is having a good day, I just got back from the market :thumbsup:
TGIF and Happy Valentine's Day Guardians!
I can almost smell the coffee. The HHB looks great. I love mine. View attachment 1283528
Unfortunately I have the flu, so have another Martini for me!
Superior photos of your stag HHBs with red container, brown beans, white rocks, and flu cocktail, Jack & Mike & Bill & Dave! "Inflammable" and "Flammable" are synonyms; I find that confusing! Hope you feel better ASAP, Dave!

Mostly, I just wanted to wish all the Guardians a Happy Valentines Day.
Your WCLFs are different, but both sensational, Ron & John!

Maiden Voyage for this Baxter Ltd. Lamb.
Congrats on the Baxter Lamb, Harvey!

Spring- please come soon!!!;)
Immaculate ironwood, Mark!

Enviable ebony, José!

Why not take all of them?! :D:D:D
I like your style, Bill! :thumbsup::p

Thanks for the compliments Gary! :) That’s a great photo of your Rosewood Hartshead Barlow. I’ve only got one problem with it! Now I’m in the kitchen looking for something sweet to eat! :D
How about a grape, Ron?? :D

Thanks GT. That's a great shot of your rosewood HHB helping you out with one of life's difficult decisions.
Which was a coincidence because yesterday my rosewood big'un helped me choose my healthy snack.:) :thumbsup:

pCjUlom.jpg

Great pics Gary :D I had a flapjack with my afternoon coffee :) I seem to have lost the pic I took, but it was something like this...:rolleyes:;):D:thumbsup:

s5mLNxJ.jpg

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT.. The weather has been mostly tolerable. Smashing image of your Lamb, blueberry treat.
Good Afternoon Guardians. Happy V Day.
95F53D23-695F-4F2A-BC15-728087D73D8A_zpschdkn8zm.jpeg
Where would we be, nutritionally, without our lambsfoots, David & Jack & Harvey??

Hope y’all have a great Valentines Day! :thumbsup:
Dynamic duo of HHBs, Ron!

Thanks, John. The wood bear is from Ruidoso, and the mug......Black Bear Diner :D:thumbsup:
Thank you, Gary! A stellar reply, and such a perfect foto of your Lamb....and Blueberries!! Had a little tear in my eye thinking of it!:D:thumbsup:
QXKi4Un.jpg
Thanks for your positive reaction to my rosewood HHB as snack adviser, Dennis!
Your ironwood's patina is a constant source of fascination for me!
Years ago, one of my younger brothers was a vet at the horse track in Riudoso part of the year, and at another track in El Paso the rest of the year. But he's had a practice (large animal only, I think) around Albuquerque for a long time now; haven't heard from him in a while – maybe he's retired by now.

So it was my African Rosewood turn.:cool:

I did the 5 km skate but today I was a minute slower than my previous one.
N11onNt.jpg

Probably just natural variation in temperature and your course speed, Dan. I like that diagram of the skating route; I can see just where you had your "crash" while making the decision about which way to turn!

Having a "closer" look at some Lambfoot models. :)
Yes, that is my Microscope set from a loooong time ago.

While it sure is nice to see outdoor pictures from my warm weather Guardian friends, I also enjoy seeing the winter scenes from my fellow Northern friends.
When the conditions are just right (higher humidity and a quick drop in temperature) we get some beautiful ice crystal effects on trees and bushes.

View attachment 1283890

View attachment 1283892
I think I have my old microscope in the basement; if I can find it, I'll flatter you @herder by trying to imitate your photo to some degree! I like the lambsfoots on the ends of your line-up, with the "unnatural" handles!

Beautiful. I didn't know you lived in Narnia!
:D:thumbsup: A 5th grade girl who was helping in the church nursery I volunteered in this morning is currently reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. She filled me in on what Turkish Delight really is, according to one of her classmates.

View attachment 1283960 Perhaps a little late in the day, but Linus wishes you all a happy Valentine's Day! He's showing his sensitive side today.
For the Love of Linus!!

How do you get close to them ? What feed do you use ?

I’ve been able to feed chickadees, squirrels, chipmunks and deer BUT the Yetis still elude me
:D:D:D
:p:p

I'm in. Not the prettiest of knives but still a Lambsfoot.
I like the synthetic handles!

I carry a lambsfoot because...
mZGL3pw.jpg

...it just goes with a Bombay Dry Gin martini and the English Premier League. (Come on, Liverpool!)

How 'bout you?
:thumbsup::):thumbsup: Good one, Vince!
Are you excited about baseball's spring training kicking off?

Splendid AC, Ron!

Good Morning Guardians
Taking my 97 year old mom to lunch and shoe shopping. This should be an adventure. ;)
That looks like it would be very cool (if I knew how to skate)!

Good Evening Guardians. Fresh Sliced Apple Pastry.
View attachment 1284666
An apple pastry and a stag lambsfoot a day keeps the doctor away!

My £5 Lambsfoot, for the money it's not too bad, it's got a half stop which I always like, F&F is at least as good as some of the Sheffield stuff that's slipped through QC, I've had it a few years and it's had some abuse, including an awful sharpening job by me still nice and sharp though, no marks on the blade apart from the real lambsfoot etching, I'm guessing probably Chinese made.
Those bring back memories of the one that started my love for the Lambsfoot. If memory serves me right, I won this one in a giveaway that some bloke named Jack ( ;) Jack Black Jack Black ) put on. That knife is a steal for a 5'er !
Very cool budget lambsfoots, guys!

- GT

r8shell

Platinum Member
:D:thumbsup: A 5th grade girl who was helping in the church nursery I volunteered in this morning is currently reading The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. She filled me in on what Turkish Delight really is, according to one of her classmates.
Lol. I remember I didn't know what it was, and had it confused with Turkish Taffy. Hardly a confection worth betraying ones family for, even if it were enchanted. (a lot was lost on me at that age. I was up to around the third book in the series when it dawned on me there might just be some sort of Christian theme to the stories.) ;)

Half/Stop

Gold Member
Your WCLFs are different, but both sensational, Ron & John!

How about a grape, Ron?? :D

Dynamic duo of HHBs, Ron!

Splendid AC, Ron!
Thank you for all the compliments Gary! :) I actually like grapes! :thumbsup: Lam Jack was and still is a beautiful Lambsfoot! :thumbsup: :)

Prester John

Gold Member
Sounds great ('cept for the fungi!), Jack! Pasta is one of my favourite foods. And everything's better with garlick, olive oil, sausage, and tomatoes! :thumbsup:

CelloDan

Basic Member
Incredible Dan :) Thanks so much for all the trouble you take to share these great pics with us. I love the sudden appearance of your Lambsfoot in the video :D :cool: :thumbsup:
You are very welcome my friend !!!
You have done a great thing with the Guardians and I feel happy to participate :thumbsup::)

While most folks will pass on Fruit Cake, Yeti's seem to love them. :)
:D:thumbsup:

I can see just where you had your "crash" while making the decision about which way to turn!
Yeap :thumbsup::) ,that's the spot lol
Lam Jack is my lambsfoot for this week. Here's a pic when it was brand new in October 2017:
gl-mark-halfopen-leaves-jpg.1285246
Very nice Gary, the edge looks very even and sharp all the way to the tip :thumbsup:

Great exterior/interior images of your environment, Dan. Starring your Lamb Foot. Also fine night scenes.
Gracias Harvey :)

Good Evening Guardians. Fresh Sliced Apple Pastry.
9431d2ce-a9f8-4381-9f2c-ff9b9110ecfc-jpeg.1284666
You must live close to a very fine pastry/bakery shop. All the deserts are out of this world :thumbsup:.

Have you hugged your tree today?
92D69B9F-DA4F-4E59-B0B5-21E464245F3D_zpsmptxkzea.jpeg

I tried, .... but then I got all creeped out and run away as fast as I could :D

5qNrOlA.jpg

Qet3pay.jpg

Prester John

Gold Member
:thumbsup::):thumbsup: Good one, Vince!
Are you excited about baseball's spring training kicking off?
You bet! It should be an interesting season, although the Astros are gonna get a lot of booing on the road. Well, you reap what you sow. I don't get to watch many games, not having cable television, but I can follow baseball with my MLB app. I get a lot more info than the newspaper box scores used to give me, and I can watch clips.
Lam Jack is my lambsfoot for this week. Here's a pic when it was brand new in October 2017:
View attachment 1285246

Here's my most recent pic of Lam Jack from Yorkshire Day in August 2019:
View attachment 1285247
Beautiful horn on that one. :thumbsup:
- GT

Prester John

Gold Member
Everyone, sell me on why I need a lambsfoot. Needing a reason to pull the trigger on one
I'm not a salesman, but I would recommend reading the first few pages of this thread, if you have not already done so. I think I started reading this around page 300 or 400, and went back to read it all. It's probably too big to do that now! Speaking for myself, I was fascinated with the pattern. I have four lambsfoots now. It's a great knife, and one you won't find in the US (other than Charlie's SFO from GEC last year). But no one had to talk me into buying one.

Wild Willie

Gold Member
Everyone, sell me on why I need a lambsfoot. Needing a reason to pull the trigger on one
They're as good for precision cutting as an adult lamb foot, but carry a lot slimmer. It you like a straight edge on a pocket knife then that's all the reason you should need. Also there's a pretty awesome group of guys here to deal with on this thread. I bought my first lambsfoot just because I spent so much time lurking here and saw how much fun they have... Plus I really like a good utilitarian knife design.

Prester John

Gold Member
View attachment 1285359
Lambsfoot content! I finally found a bottle of old school absorbine at the pharmacy... Shouldn't be this stoked at 31 for something like this but a torn up shoulder and arthritis in both hips has made me appreciate the remedies my old man showed me growing up.
I might have to look for that! Blue Emu ointment is pretty good. Heard Johnny Bench (one of the greatest catchers ever) advertising it on the radio. It works!

Frailer

Gold Member
Lol. I remember I didn't know what it was, and had it confused with Turkish Taffy. Hardly a confection worth betraying ones family for, even if it were enchanted. (a lot was lost on me at that age. I was up to around the third book in the series when it dawned on me there might just be some sort of Christian theme to the stories.) ;)

Having spent some time in western Asia, I can state unequivocally that Turkish Delight is not something I would betray anyone for. I was once presented with a large box full of this questionable confection by a senior dignitary. I accepted it with a socially appropriate level of gratitude...but I did not eat it.

Wild Willie

Gold Member
I might have to look for that! Blue Emu ointment is pretty good. Heard Johnny Bench (one of the greatest catchers ever) advertising it on the radio. It works!
Can't say I've heard of that, but now I'm gonna look. I used to use absorbine religiously after a soccer match or a day in the hay mow. Going to be again now, I hadn't seen it anywhere for a long time until today.