Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Great choice Ron :) I'm looking forward to Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras) tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

These are what I had, with Lucy, last year, but I'm definitely going to be going elsewhere for my pancakes this year :thumbsup:

2kRshXN.jpg

Uqdk0xG.jpg
Isn't Mardi Gras next Tuesday, the 25th?

Edit: just saw the newer post, Jack.

Last edited:
All good, and thanks Jack. Since we don't have Presidents, we call it Family Day :)
Hope you had a great Family day Mike :thumbsup: as well as a great President's day for our fellow US guardians.
We drove to Ottawa today to skate on the Rideau Canal.
Ice conditions were poor as huge crowds had come out yesterday when temps where above 0 and damage the ice and last night they were not able to flood it. However we made the best of it :thumbsup:

Downtown Ottawa, the building at the back with the conical towers is The Fairmont Château Laurier Hotel where dignitaries, presidents and VIP's stay when visiting Ottawa.
09SxVna.jpg

More pics along the way
r1k78ew.jpg

Q72VkH8.jpg

And of course, my lambsfoot had to pose for one too at the Rideau Canal for the record.
aVro0Ba.jpg

Where would we be, nutritionally, without our lambsfoots, David & Jack & Harvey??

Only 188 calories! You'd think more wouldn't you. I guess it's skate it off, drink it back on again. :D
Great shots as always. :thumbsup:

That calorie counter on that app must be wonky :D
I'll gain a lot of weight if I keep skating and topping up the tank like I've been doing :D

So no trip to the Canal would be complete unless you enjoy a Beaver Tails , a popular Canadian pastry.

The lineups to buy them were huge :eek:
hhlrfOi.jpg

We got chocolate, garlic and cheese and cinnamon and lemon :thumbsup::)

DpBoxw3.jpg

After skating some more we stopped for poutine , a Quebec dish that includes french fries and cheese curds topped with a brown gravy :eek::eek::eek:
There like 100000000 calories :eek:

Ct3n3gx.jpg

I had a nice Washington's Birthday/Family Day. The weather was nice, we went to the beach.
QZKeAzn.jpg

f6A4TPe.jpg

While my wife ran a few miles with the Lab, I walked the Chihuahua.
sdPoC5E.jpg

She didn't walk very far, and I had to carry her some. While I waited for my wife, I enjoyed some good literature:
uK4bg1C.jpg

(Read three chapters), and libations:
pb4pRmv.jpg

(I don't want to hear it, beer snobs! :D
Besides, this is a patriotic beer. ;))

My daughter was with us, too:
hdUYtO8.jpg

And then my granddaughter showed up with my daughter-in-law (they live nearby, on the island):
wZT1mWx.jpg

sjshHC7.jpg

I think she had a good time.
LtoMsuM.jpg

Xt0pcoG.jpg

Lambsfoot content--had this with me:
kdmu6Ys.jpg

(It didn't need sunscreen, but I did!)

All in all, a very good day. :)

Last edited:
Sticking with today's lunch theme... Chili Cheese Burger and Onion Rings!!!
As Jack said...mmmmmm, then the Tums!!:eek:o_O:thumbsup:
All the best to everyone and a happy Monday!

p06rcoW.jpg
Another grand shot, Preston!:cool:
Thanks! Lovely covers on the lambsfoot there, and the mug bought a smile to my face.:)
For your curiosity, the maps:
https://www.alangodfreymaps.co.uk/
Very cool, thanks for the compliment and the link, David!;):thumbsup:
Love the tree man image. Equally enjoyed your coffee and Lamb image. Wishing you good things, Dennis.
Thank you very much, Harvey, and the same to you my friend!
Good Afternoon Guardians.
88f23386-0fea-4cf4-a532-cf55137e95bd-jpeg.1285837
Another stunning foto, Harvey! Great use of background!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Marbleous photo. :cool::thumbsup:
:D
I can't shoot that one out!:thumbsup:
Sure does!!! Especially with a little libation at the end of the day.
1581978523924812077107-jpg.1285854
Great way to end the day, WW!:D:thumbsup:

Hope you had a great Family day Mike :thumbsup: as well as a great President's day for our fellow US guardians.
Ice conditions were poor as huge crowds had come out yesterday when temps where above 0 and damage the ice and last night they were not able to flood it. However we made the best of it :thumbsup:

Downtown Ottawa, the building at the back with the conical towers is The Fairmont Château Laurier Hotel where dignitaries, presidents and VIP's stay when visiting Ottawa.
09SxVna.jpg

More pics along the way
r1k78ew.jpg

Q72VkH8.jpg

And of course, my lambsfoot had to pose for one too at the Rideau Canal for the record.
aVro0Ba.jpg

I'll gain a lot of weight if I keep skating and topping up the tank like I've been doing :D

So no trip to the Canal would be complete unless you enjoy a Beaver Tails , a popular Canadian pastry.

hhlrfOi.jpg

DpBoxw3.jpg

After skating some more we stopped for poutine , a Quebec dish that includes french fries and cheese curds topped with a brown gravy :eek::eek::eek:

Ct3n3gx.jpg

Sounds like you had a nice day, Dan, and ate well, too! :thumbsup: Sad to say, I’ve never actually had poutine, but I’ve always thought it seemed like something that would be right up my alley! :D

Time for the Extraordinary Linus to get cleaned up! First, a little sharpening on the diamond hone, View attachment 1285492 then a nice smooth edge on the black Arkansas stone.View attachment 1285493 Just a spot o' nice linseed oil rubbed in gently to keep his ebony from drying out.View attachment 1285495 And not seen: a drop of lubricating oil in the joint. Ahhhh!View attachment 1285494 And now if I could have Ramrodmb Ramrodmb get ahold of me Linus could continue his travels!
Mark, email your shipping info to me : benv525@yahoo.com

Sorry to hold up the show, folks! Email sent.
Looking forward to Linus' arrival, although being in the dead of winter makes getting out and about "sightseeing" difficult, I'll do my best.:thumbsup:;)

66qCBCd.jpg

Sounds like you had a nice day, Dan, and ate well, too! :thumbsup: Sad to say, I’ve never actually had poutine, but I’ve always thought it seemed like something that would be right up my alley! :D

Thank you Barret , we did :thumbsup:

We had the original Poutine, but they had all kind of extra toppings like pulled pork, chicken, beef etc.
I did not read all the options on the menu but I thought perhaps they have one with SPAM .... for Vince :D Prester John Prester John :D

09SxVna.jpg

More pics along the way
r1k78ew.jpg

Q72VkH8.jpg

aVro0Ba.jpg

hhlrfOi.jpg

DpBoxw3.jpg

Ct3n3gx.jpg

I had a nice Washington's Birthday/Family Day. The weather was nice, we went to the beach.
QZKeAzn.jpg

f6A4TPe.jpg

sdPoC5E.jpg

She didn't walk very far, and I had to carry her some. While I waited for my wife, I enjoyed some good literature:
uK4bg1C.jpg

pb4pRmv.jpg

hdUYtO8.jpg

And then my granddaughter showed up with my daughter-in-law (they live nearby, on the island):
wZT1mWx.jpg

sjshHC7.jpg

LtoMsuM.jpg

Xt0pcoG.jpg

kdmu6Ys.jpg

Two Guardians, Vince and Dan, did it up right. :cool::thumbsup:
Gotta try one of those Beaver Tails treats some day. :D

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. I can imagine when they see each image is with Lamb Foot Knive, they’ll be chomping at bit to sponsor me.:D Me thinks your week starter Hartshead Barlow is my favorite. Stellar. From all the fun things you eat on PD, sounds like my kind of Holiday.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1285837

How could they resist Harvey ;) Thank you my friend, Pancake Day is my favourite holiday, so I don't know why I got the date wrong! o_O Cool pic of your DamLamb :) :thumbsup:

Sure does!!! Especially with a little libation at the end of the day.View attachment 1285854
Jack Black Jack Black thank you for your kindness. If getting old were easy then I think everyone would look forward to it. I'm at least lucky to have found an occupation that I truly enjoy, gotta take the bad with the good.

The lambsfoot is good

Getting old certainly isn't for wimps Willie :D That counts for a lot though, in my opinion, so many people absolutely hate what they have to do to make a living :) Glad you're enjoying the Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

David, your mention of a bikers pub reminded me of the time Jack and I were at the Fat Cat in Sheffield and the place was suddenly overrun by a gang of unruly bikers! :eek:

(Ok, perhaps “bikers” isn’t the right term. “Cyclists” is probably more accurate. Still, scary stuff! :rolleyes:)

LOL! :D That was a great day Barrett :) :thumbsup:

Isn't Mardi Gras next Tuesday, the 25th?

Edit: just saw the newer post, Jack.

Err...:rolleyes: Doh! o_O I hope I remember next week Vince :eek: ;) Sorry for the confusion folks (not the first time I've got a date wrong :rolleyes:) :thumbsup:

09SxVna.jpg

More pics along the way
r1k78ew.jpg

Q72VkH8.jpg

aVro0Ba.jpg

hhlrfOi.jpg

DpBoxw3.jpg

Ct3n3gx.jpg

What a great day out Dan :) Thank you for the fantastic photos :cool: I bet those Lambsfoot knives never thought they'd be leading such exciting lives :D Those Beaver Tails look great to have with hot chocolate :) I saw poutine on sale here for the first time recently, or an English version of poutine at least :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

QZKeAzn.jpg

f6A4TPe.jpg

sdPoC5E.jpg

uK4bg1C.jpg

pb4pRmv.jpg

hdUYtO8.jpg

wZT1mWx.jpg

sjshHC7.jpg

LtoMsuM.jpg

Xt0pcoG.jpg

kdmu6Ys.jpg

Your weather is quite a contrast to Dan's Vince, that would be high summer here in Yorkshire :D Fantastic pics my friend, it looks like the perfect day :) Your granddaughter is a cutie :) :thumbsup:

Sorry to hold up the show, folks! Email sent.
Looking forward to Linus' arrival, although being in the dead of winter makes getting out and about "sightseeing" difficult, I'll do my best.:thumbsup:;)

66qCBCd.jpg

Hope you're doing OK Mark, nice pic of your Ironwood '19, and that straight-shooter :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, my apologies again for bringing Fat Tuesday forward a week, hope it didn't lead to stores running out of flour and maple syrup! :eek: I've still got my fingers crossed for a couple of panckes at lunchtime, but for now I'm just waiting in for an electrician. Hoping he'll get here soon :rolleyes: Have a good day folks, and if it's the start of your working week, I hope it's a gentle one ;) :thumbsup:

fZs2A4u.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. What kind of sauce is on the pasta? Looks great. All in all, it looks like you’ve had a fine Sunday. cheers.

JohnDF JohnDF - :D

Rust never sleeps.
View attachment 1285191

Have you hugged your tree today?
92D69B9F-DA4F-4E59-B0B5-21E464245F3D_zpsmptxkzea.jpeg
The saying, "rust never sleeps" goes back more than 40 years as the adage, "corrosion never sleeps" (rust is the corrosion product of iron and steel but many non-ferrous metals also rust ). Corrosion is the process that returns a refined metal back to its natural state. Probably more info than you really wanted to know. :D

QZKeAzn.jpg

f6A4TPe.jpg

sdPoC5E.jpg

uK4bg1C.jpg

pb4pRmv.jpg

hdUYtO8.jpg

wZT1mWx.jpg

sjshHC7.jpg

LtoMsuM.jpg

Xt0pcoG.jpg

kdmu6Ys.jpg

Great looking photos! Which beach?

How could they resist Harvey ;) Thank you my friend, Pancake Day is my favourite holiday, so I don't know why I got the date wrong! o_O Cool pic of your DamLamb :) :thumbsup:

Getting old certainly isn't for wimps Willie :D That counts for a lot though, in my opinion, so many people absolutely hate what they have to do to make a living :) Glad you're enjoying the Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

LOL! :D That was a great day Barrett :) :thumbsup:

Err...:rolleyes: Doh! o_O I hope I remember next week Vince :eek: ;) Sorry for the confusion folks (not the first time I've got a date wrong :rolleyes:) :thumbsup:

What a great day out Dan :) Thank you for the fantastic photos :cool: I bet those Lambsfoot knives never thought they'd be leading such exciting lives :D Those Beaver Tails look great to have with hot chocolate :) I saw poutine on sale here for the first time recently, or an English version of poutine at least :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Your weather is quite a contrast to Dan's Vince, that would be high summer here in Yorkshire :D Fantastic pics my friend, it looks like the perfect day :) Your granddaughter is a cutie :) :thumbsup:

Hope you're doing OK Mark, nice pic of your Ironwood '19, and that straight-shooter :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, my apologies again for bringing Fat Tuesday forward a week, hope it didn't lead to stores running out of flour and maple syrup! :eek: I've still got my fingers crossed for a couple of panckes at lunchtime, but for now I'm just waiting in for an electrician. Hoping he'll get here soon :rolleyes: Have a good day folks, and if it's the start of your working week, I hope it's a gentle one ;) :thumbsup:

fZs2A4u.jpg
The brass escutcheon on that rip saw is beautiful.

Nice pic Tim :) :thumbsup:

it's soooooo early...
t19133.gif

My new Lambsfoot nail file.o_O:D
49541606667_3a4d36f007_h.jpg

Have a great day y'all!

LOL! :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. She's a doll. You should have heard her laugh when the waves washed over her legs!

Awwww :) :)

I "saw" that picture somewhere... Silence of the Lambs maybe? :D
Hope you're able to get out of the house soon and enjoy the special day, Jack.

That's pretty darn cool. :cool::thumbsup:

:eek: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks John, it was nearly 1.00pm by the time I managed to get out, a couple of hours later than I expected o_O Cost me £30 for 2 savoury crepes, 2 cans of pop, and 2 coffees! :eek: Maybe I'll make pancakes myself NEXT Tuesday :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

The cornerstone Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

The brass escutcheon on that rip saw is beautiful.

Thanks Bill, just a photo in a book, but I do see some nice old saws on my travels :)

Back