Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hi Guardians, we're still getting knocked about by Storm Dennis here, and it's rained really heavily today. I'm warm and dry again at home, but many folks aren't as lucky :( Hope everyone here is having a good day, it's Friday tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

Kio5MoC.jpg
Stay dry and safe, Jack.

That is such a funny story Dan! :D Thanks for sharing the video with us, I hope you're back in your shop before too long :) Meanwhile, good for you in embracing winter :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack :).
That’s a great video, Dan! :thumbsup:

Since moving to Minnesota two years ago, I’ve been preaching the “embrace winter” philosophy, but I’m not sure my wife’s fully on board. :D I’d really like to take up ice fishing, but I‘m not sure I’d know where to start! :confused:
There is a section of the Saint Lawrence river close to us where is shallower and calm that freezes over. It's always full of fishing huts ( people say that many huts have ended up at the bottom over the years when a sudden thaw comes up and folks do not remove them in time). People drive up to them in pick up trucks :eek: . Perch fishing is big in that area. I'll see if I can take a walk to check on them and take some pics. I also wondered about taking up ice fishing but my wife is definitely not on board on that one :)
Perhaps you can plant some snow peas. :rolleyes: :D
Well, all I have is sugar peas which is a hybrid between snow peas and garden peas. I'll give it a try and see if they take ... is that how you plant them ?
:D:D:D
8sGJTub.jpg

Thank you Jack :).

There is a section of the Saint Lawrence river close to us where is shallower and calm that freezes over. It's always full of fishing huts ( people say that many huts have ended up at the bottom over the years when a sudden thaw comes up and folks do not remove them in time). People drive up to them in pick up trucks :eek: . Perch fishing is big in that area. I'll see if I can take a walk to check on them and take some pics. I also wondered about taking up ice fishing but my wife is definitely not on board on that one :)

Well, all I have is sugar peas which is a hybrid between snow peas and garden peas. I'll give it a try and see if they take ... is that how you plant them ?
8sGJTub.jpg
Yikes:eek: - Talk about cold steel!

With a hole I imagine! :eek:

You and the missus have had quite a few climate changes Barrett :) :thumbsup:

We’re just trying to cover the extremes. :D Almost 150° difference between the hottest day we had living in AZ (121°F) and the coldest (so far) since we moved to MN (-28°F). :eek:

Nice, Dan! We live near Lake Minnetonka — technically we’re on an island on Lake Minnetonka — and I‘m still fascinated by all the fish houses and cars and trucks out on the lake in winter. :thumbsup:

8sGJTub.jpg

That’ll work, although you might get a better yield with this method:

tFC5miq.jpg

Enjoying a little mid-morning snack :)

zSDH524.jpg

Fantastic pic Mike :cool: :thumbsup:

We’re just trying to cover the extremes. :D Almost 150° difference between the hottest day we had living in AZ (121°F) and the coldest (so far) since we moved to MN (-28°F). :eek:

tFC5miq.jpg

You have definitely had some life experiences mate! :D :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Off to the docs in the morning, been waiting 7 weeks for an appointment! o_O So I think I'm going to start out with my AC, and probably change over later in the day ;) :thumbsup:

2AioibT.jpg

Off to the docs in the morning, been waiting 7 weeks for an appointment! o_O So I think I'm going to start out with my AC, and probably change over later in the day ;) :thumbsup:
Wishing the best of luck at the Doc's tomorrow Jack !!!

tFC5miq.jpg
:D:D:thumbsup:
Nice, Dan! We live near Lake Minnetonka — technically we’re on an island on Lake Minnetonka — and I‘m still fascinated by all the fish houses and cars and trucks out on the lake in winter. :thumbsup:

Went for a little walk this afternoon by the river where they put the huts for ice fishing. Temps were -10 C , ice "looked" solid however I did not see anyone fishing nor there were cars or trucks on the ice.
So I stayed safely on shore and snapped a couple pics from a distance :)
Js6E6n1.jpg

T23MJwo.jpg

p5MVOAj.jpg

ANLJI4V.jpg

That's a fine-looking Lambsfoot Dylan, great pic :) I was watching a series of documentaries on Irish history yesterday that I thought you might find interesting :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, for the kind compliment and the video. I've bookmarked it for viewing tomorrow as I am getting ready to head out the door now.

Some days require a Big 'un! Nice photo, Dylan!

Thank you, Dennis! That horn you are rocking is something else, very nice!

Thought I would bring this lovely piece out, it's been awhile.

kTsFWeW.jpg

Back