Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Well, all I have is sugar peas which is a hybrid between snow peas and garden peas. I'll give it a try and see if they take ... is that how you plant them ?
:D:D:D
8sGJTub.jpg

Nice, Dan! We live near Lake Minnetonka — technically we’re on an island on Lake Minnetonka — and I‘m still fascinated by all the fish houses and cars and trucks out on the lake in winter. :thumbsup:

That’ll work, although you might get a better yield with this method:

tFC5miq.jpg
So that's why they call them snow peas! :D

I'm sorry, but every time I hear "Lake Minnetonka" I think of Prince.

Wishing the best of luck at the Doc's tomorrow Jack !!!

:D:D:thumbsup:

Went for a little walk this afternoon by the river where they put the huts for ice fishing. Temps were -10 C , ice "looked" solid however I did not see anyone fishing nor there were cars or trucks on the ice.
So I stayed safely on shore and snapped a couple pics from a distance :)
Js6E6n1.jpg

T23MJwo.jpg

p5MVOAj.jpg

ANLJI4V.jpg
As John Facenda would say....the frozen Tundra....I'm shivering just thinking about it:eek:. But a beautiful set of photos none the less:D:D.

Thank you, Jack, for the kind compliment and the video. I've bookmarked it for viewing tomorrow as I am getting ready to head out the door now.

Thank you, Dennis! That horn you are rocking is something else, very nice!

Thought I would bring this lovely piece out, it's been awhile.

kTsFWeW.jpg
Yes, that lambfoot knife is a stunner and the pipe is very nice too.

The saga of my lambfoot knife from Sheffield continues. I won't bore you all with a re-cap but this knife is going in for some surgery. Hopefully Jeff Distin will be able to fix this thing to my liking. We need to fix the spring gaps and re-profile the blade. I wouldn't even consider it if it weren't for the fact that I was given a refund on the knife without having to return it. I returned it once, paid for shipping, and it was never picked up by the cutler so it got returned back to me. Long story short I think that the knife has potential and so I will take a swing at saving it.
IMG_1776.JPG

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Went for a little walk this afternoon by the river where they put the huts for ice fishing. Temps were -10 C , ice "looked" solid however I did not see anyone fishing nor there were cars or trucks on the ice.
Js6E6n1.jpg

T23MJwo.jpg

p5MVOAj.jpg

ANLJI4V.jpg

Great photos, Dan! The river looks pretty wide there! Seems like you had about the same weather as we did today (well, yesterday now): sunny and cold.

So that's why they call them snow peas! :D

I'm sorry, but every time I hear "Lake Minnetonka" I think of Prince.

Makes sense, although in my mind, when I think of that “purify yourself” line, it’s usually being said by Dave-Chappelle-as-Prince. :rolleyes: :D

prince-768x435.jpg

Here’s some Lambsfoot content. (Don’t want to get in trouble for going too off-topic! ;)) Three Wright’s knives, three different swedges.

gY9m9Iz.jpg

Good luck at the Doc's tomorrow. :)

Thanks a lot John, not much more than a routine doctor's appointment, but I had to wait 7 weeks for it o_O I really need to find another practice, though our health service is falling apart at the moment :(

Wishing the best of luck at the Doc's tomorrow Jack !!!

:D:D:thumbsup:

Js6E6n1.jpg

T23MJwo.jpg

p5MVOAj.jpg

ANLJI4V.jpg

Thanks Dan, your photos are a tonic my friend :) I didn't realise they had ice-fishing huts, but that makes a lot of sense :D :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack, for the kind compliment and the video. I've bookmarked it for viewing tomorrow as I am getting ready to head out the door now.

Thank you, Dennis! That horn you are rocking is something else, very nice!

Thought I would bring this lovely piece out, it's been awhile.

kTsFWeW.jpg

Hope you enjoy them Dylan, they're fairly lengthy, but I thought you might find them interesting :) That's a spectacular pile-side on your '19 :cool: :thumbsup:

The saga of my lambfoot knife from Sheffield continues. I won't bore you all with a re-cap but this knife is going in for some surgery. Hopefully Jeff Distin will be able to fix this thing to my liking. We need to fix the spring gaps and re-profile the blade. I wouldn't even consider it if it weren't for the fact that I was given a refund on the knife without having to return it. I returned it once, paid for shipping, and it was never picked up by the cutler so it got returned back to me. Long story short I think that the knife has potential and so I will take a swing at saving it.
View attachment 1287885

The horn looks nice at least Bill :rolleyes: I hope Jeff Distin can make a silk purse out of it. Not sure it deserves to have M. May's name on the tang, considering that the parts were made by Wright's, the design is arguably pinched, as is the bolster stamp, and another cutler is having to put right his bad workmanship o_O :thumbsdown:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack.As for falling apart, I’m a big believer in the 2nd law of thermodynamics.:D

I had to look that up Harvey! :D :thumbsup:

Makes sense, although in my mind, when I think of that “purify yourself” line, it’s usually being said by Dave-Chappelle-as-Prince. :rolleyes: :D

prince-768x435.jpg

Here’s some Lambsfoot content. (Don’t want to get in trouble for going too off-topic! ;)) Three Wright’s knives, three different swedges.

gY9m9Iz.jpg

Thanks Barrett, though your first image is very funny :D Very interesting to see the difference in those swedges :cool: :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, miserable weather here, and I think we have more on the way o_O I'm back from the docs, via the hospital (had to get some blood taken), and just having my morning coffee :) Back with my Hartshead Barlow :) have a good Friday folks, and I hope you have a great weekend ahead :thumbsup:

G2GMqXZ.jpg

Thanks a lot John, not much more than a routine doctor's appointment, but I had to wait 7 weeks for it o_O I really need to find another practice, though our health service is falling apart at the moment :(

Yikes! Good thing it was just a checkup and not anything serious. That's quite a wait.

Yikes! Good thing it was just a checkup and not anything serious. That's quite a wait.

It's a while since I went Willie, mainly because last time, I was waiting even longer :eek: Tragically, I have a friend whose son died waiting for a doctor's appointment :( Strangely, at the doctors this morning, there were only two other patients waiting to see someone. A frail old lady came in, and they had actually cancelled her appointment (as happened to me with my previous appointment) o_O She had arrived by taxi, and it had taken all her money (she had a bus pass, but couldn't use it until later). Thankfully, another patient offered to give her a lift home :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians!!!!! :) :thumbsup: :D Hope you all have a great weekend!!!! :thumbsup: :cool: Today I'm sharing my pocket with this Ebony WCLF! :D

48265039671_761a14cc14_o.jpg

Great Black Friday choice Ron :) :thumbsup:

My goodness, that's unacceptable, and horribly sad. Sorry to hear that.

Thank you my friend, I wish it was just confined to the one practice :( :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I'm looking forward to the weekend. Both of my boys will be home for a visit. :cool::thumbsup:

Great stuff John, hope you all have a wonderful weekend together :) Fab pic of your WCLF :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan, your photos are a tonic my friend :) I didn't realise they had ice-fishing huts, but that makes a lot of sense :D :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy them Dylan, they're fairly lengthy, but I thought you might find them interesting :) That's a spectacular pile-side on your '19 :cool: :thumbsup:

The horn looks nice at least Bill :rolleyes: I hope Jeff Distin can make a silk purse out of it. Not sure it deserves to have M. May's name on the tang, considering that the parts were made by Wright's, the design is arguably pinched, as is the bolster stamp, and another cutler is having to put right his bad workmanship o_O :thumbsdown:

I had to look that up Harvey! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Barrett, though your first image is very funny :D Very interesting to see the difference in those swedges :cool: :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, miserable weather here, and I think we have more on the way o_O I'm back from the docs, via the hospital (had to get some blood taken), and just having my morning coffee :) Back with my Hartshead Barlow :) have a good Friday folks, and I hope you have a great weekend ahead :thumbsup:

G2GMqXZ.jpg
Jack, I still haven't mailed it off yet. Ambivalent feelings about this knife. I have to agree with you about the tang stamp. One this is for sure though, I've learned a lesson from the whole experience that I won't soon forget.

Back