Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Yes, that lambfoot knife is a stunner and the pipe is very nice too.

Hope you enjoy them Dylan, they're fairly lengthy, but I thought you might find them interesting :) That's a spectacular pile-side on your '19 :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas!

rAfwOmv.jpg

You’re sporting a nice Horn Bigun yourself today buddy! :thumbsup:
Thank you much, Ron! :):thumbsup:
Bragger. ;)
Seriously, nice Lambsfoot. :cool::thumbsup:
I did not mean to word it that way!:eek:o_O
Thanks, John! It's a dandy!:cool::thumbsup:
Well, all I have is sugar peas which is a hybrid between snow peas and garden peas. I'll give it a try and see if they take ... is that how you plant them ?
:D:D:D
8sGJTub.jpg

That’ll work, although you might get a better yield with this method:

tFC5miq.jpg
Very "Peas-ful""! :rolleyes::confused:, Sorry...had to do it!
Went for a little walk this afternoon by the river where they put the huts for ice fishing. Temps were -10 C , ice "looked" solid however I did not see anyone fishing nor there were cars or trucks on the ice.
So I stayed safely on shore and snapped a couple pics from a distance :)
Js6E6n1.jpg
A little rough for me, I kinda like a nice day in a comfortable chair sitting on the band with a couple of cold beers! Those guys are tougher than me on that!
That horn you are rocking is something else, very nice!
Thanks, Dylan! It's a real workhorse!:):thumbsup:
Thought I would bring this lovely piece out, it's been awhile.
Very nice, great view all the way around!:cool::thumbsup:
Long story short I think that the knife has potential and so I will take a swing at saving it.
img_1776-jpg.1287885
Such a shame, that's a good looking knife, hope you can find a satisfying solution!:thumbsup:
Your Horn Lamb Foot is always a beauty no matter what the pose. Always great to hear from you.
Thank you very much for the kind words, Harvey! It's good to be heard from!:D:thumbsup:
Three Wright’s knives, three different swedges.

gY9m9Iz.jpg
The Wolverine comes to mind! Great shot!:cool::thumbsup:
Morning Guardians, miserable weather here, and I think we have more on the way o_O I'm back from the docs, via the hospital (had to get some blood taken), and just having my morning coffee :) Back with my Hartshead Barlow :) have a good Friday folks, and I hope you have a great weekend ahead :thumbsup:

G2GMqXZ.jpg
Dang bloodsuckers!:mad:
Hope your results all come back good! Just did the same thing this week...gotta watch my triglycerides :rolleyes:
Sweet photo of your HHB, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians!!!!! :) :thumbsup: :D Hope you all have a great weekend!!!! :thumbsup: :cool: Today I'm sharing my pocket with this Ebony WCLF! :D

48265039671_761a14cc14_o.jpg
Terrific photo, Ron! Great looking Lambsfoot!:thumbsup:
Well, that's handy, Willie!:D:thumbsup:
I just had a really nice lunchtime sandwich :) This isn't it, but it is a sandwich with a Lambsfoot! :D :thumbsup:

pxaCrR2.jpg
Yum! Lambs like sandwiches!:cool:
Thanks Ron, I had been thinking about going over to York for the annual Viking Festival, but with flooding in York, and more rain forecast, I might have to have a re-think
Hope the weather clears up for you, Jack!
Just in case you can't, for your Viking entertainment pleasure:
:D
Good Morning Guardians
I'm looking forward to the weekend. Both of my boys will be home for a visit. :cool::thumbsup:
That's great to hear, John, hope you have a great visit!
Stellar photo of your WCLF!:):thumbsup:
Cool photo, Kevin! Looks like your HHB kept the Hazmat stuff in check!:cool::thumbsup:
Decided to bring out my HHB today and give my SAKs a rest.
View attachment 1287978

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg
And a grand one it is, Bill!
Pocket Pals - Crookes and Brookes Lamb Foot and Seecamp .32acp.
014F224C-3FE4-4A7D-8506-E649640379E9_zpsirtd4ngs.jpeg
Sublime Set, Señor Harvey!:D:thumbsup:
I used to shoot 3 or 4 times a week at one time, sometimes even more. Now I'm down to a slingshot :( Still having fun though :thumbsup:

F6o0VwE.jpg
When we lived in the country, I'd shoot at least once a week, had a pond next to the house, we could set up targets and shoot pistols, or shoot skeet. Not so often now :(.
Love the photo though, Jack!:):thumbsup: Gotta pick up a slingshot real soon!
I took my lambsfoot and my kids skating today :D Forecast is for temps a little above 0 for the next few days so not sure when skating will be open again.

XWcolrr.jpg
Nice photo, Dan.
It looks deceitfully warm. May be a good indoor, fire burning, hot cocoa weekend!:thumbsup:
Also snapped this pic of my Desert Ironwood Guardians Lambsfoot taking in the last bit of sun for the day. :cool:

FJ7Q02g.jpg
Desert Lambsfoot prints in the snow! Cool shot!:cool::thumbsup: Love how both woods play off each other.

A little "Wood and Steel"!
ku4IYxl.jpg

I can both stand and sit in 38's, but I think I would be standing very uncomfortably in a 36! :eek: I seemed to go from 34 to 38 in the wink of an eye! :D

Shrove Tuesday IS the 25th David! :eek: I have been outdone by greed/my Google calendar! o_O Still, there's no point telling my girlfriend, who is taking me out for the first round of pancakes tomorrow! ;) :) Sorry about that :oops: :thumbsup:

Oh don't apologise Jack, I say eat pancakes whenever you like. Our colonial cousins certainly do :D:thumbsup: I don't for the sole reason that, in the wink of eye I'd run out of room on my favourite belt. :(

donn donn - Thank you David. Your images of the Cat and Fiddle were a sad testament to how it must have been a wonderful welcoming sanctuary on a cold winter night. Love the color of your Horn hafted Lamb.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1285837

Thank you. Lovely shot there. :thumbsup:

David, your mention of a bikers pub reminded me of the time Jack and I were at the Fat Cat in Sheffield and the place was suddenly overrun by a gang of unruly bikers! :eek:
(Ok, perhaps “bikers” isn’t the right term. “Cyclists” is probably more accurate. Still, scary stuff! :rolleyes:)

Oh don't remind me. There used to be a great traditional ale pub in York called called the Minster Inn. Every Tuesday evening a horde of cyclists would descend on it for some meeting in one of the back rooms. They'd all stand at the bar and order pints of lime cordial or diet coke. :rolleyes:

Hope you had a great Family day Mike :thumbsup: as well as a great President's day for our fellow US guardians.
We drove to Ottawa today to skate on the Rideau Canal.
Ice conditions were poor as huge crowds had come out yesterday when temps where above 0 and damage the ice and last night they were not able to flood it. However we made the best of it :thumbsup:

Well Ottawa looks nice; and it's great to see folk out enjoying themselves. I wish we had weather like that as we've loads of canals round where I live. :thumbsup:

That calorie counter on that app must be wonky :D
I'll gain a lot of weight if I keep skating and topping up the tank like I've been doing :D

So no trip to the Canal would be complete unless you enjoy a Beaver Tails , a popular Canadian pastry.

We got chocolate, garlic and cheese and cinnamon and lemon :thumbsup::)

DpBoxw3.jpg

Those beaver tails look utterly delicious! But does that wonky calorie counter of yours even go up that high? :D

I had a nice Washington's Birthday/Family Day. The weather was nice, we went to the beach.

Great pics! Weather like that is a distant memory over here.:(

Very cool, thanks for the compliment and the link, David!;):thumbsup:

Your welcome.:thumbsup:

The saying, "rust never sleeps" goes back more than 40 years as the adage, "corrosion never sleeps" (rust is the corrosion product of iron and steel but many non-ferrous metals also rust ). Corrosion is the process that returns a refined metal back to its natural state. Probably more info than you really wanted to know. :D

Well I never knew that, thanks for lesson. :):thumbsup:

I decided to take a page out of Jack's book and go for a hike.
My little town of Loomis is known for a few things. It's the gateway to the Sierra's railroad line. It has many citrus orchards and fruit sheds. The trains would load up fruit here in town and transport it south to San Francisco and north to Nevada. We were also the state capital for a short time. But mostly we are known for our granite quarries. This was a major granite producing area at one time. I decided to take a hike around one of our local quarries, it was quiet and peaceful, and the weather was amazing. Of course I had my Lambsfoot with me. ;)

Great pics John. Wherever the Welsh went, they ended up either mining or quarrying.

The saga of my lambfoot knife from Sheffield continues. I won't bore you all with a re-cap but this knife is going in for some surgery. Hopefully Jeff Distin will be able to fix this thing to my liking. We need to fix the spring gaps and re-profile the blade. I wouldn't even consider it if it weren't for the fact that I was given a refund on the knife without having to return it. I returned it once, paid for shipping, and it was never picked up by the cutler so it got returned back to me. Long story short I think that the knife has potential and so I will take a swing at saving it.
View attachment 1287885

I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished work. Lets hope it can be rescued.:thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, I had been thinking about going over to York for the annual Viking Festival, but with flooding in York, and more rain forecast, I might have to have a re-think :thumbsup:

Oh what a terrible overly-dramatic video Jack. I've regularly seen York flood waters higher that. If they have to film anything they should film downstream (eg, Bishopthorpe or Naburn locks) which I'm sure are genuinely more dramatic.

Had a good lunch and chat with btb01 on a sunny winter day. Great picture of the ice houses by the way. :)

Two blade Lambfoot models are not very common. While I have shown this model in the past, I hadn't with both blades open.
This is a mid 20th century stag handled model from Joseph Elliot of Sheffield.

View attachment 1288444

What a very handsome knife. It's certainly a lot more elegant than my Wright's two-blade lambsfoot.:thumbsup:

My apologies for the late acknowledgements; I found my internet had gone 'poof!' on Tuesday. :rolleyes:
I've not been up to much anything recently so it's been my swayback horn that's barely left my pocket for the past 4 days. A recycle pic.
bI6f9aQ.jpg

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. :thumbsup:

Those two look amazing together. :cool::thumbsup:

Love that picture. A very elegant looking knife. :cool::thumbsup:

Very "Peas-ful""!
Good one, Dennis. :D

hope you have a great visit!
It's so nice having them both home. :cool::thumbsup:

Lovely Lamb, Dennis. :cool::thumbsup:

I'd run out of room on my favourite belt.
That made me chuckle... :D:thumbsup:

Wherever the Welsh went, they ended up either mining or quarrying.
Are the Dwarves? :D

Beautiful Horn Lamb. :cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1288620
Lambsfoot and lamb chops for breakfast!
Very appropriate. :cool::thumbsup:

Looks like a beautiful day, hope you enjoy it. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you Guardians !:)
I am having a much better winter this year as compared to the last one. Staying more active and going out more it sure has helped a lot. Now the days are getting longer and we can almost smell spring ... almost :).

All this area was flooded abut 60 years years ago during the construction of the Saint Lawrence Seaway. Many villages were totally submerged and people ( with their houses, churches and even cemeteries ) were moved into instant new villages on higher ground.
I took the pics of my lambsfoot with the fishing huts in the area circled in red
The blue circles show the location of the dams to control water levels and generate electricity.
The yellow circles are the locks that enable the big ships to navigate through.
6D7N0nb.jpg

I took my lambsfoot and my kids skating today :D Forecast is for temps a little above 0 for the next few days so not sure when skating will be open again.

XWcolrr.jpg

wE4dn0r.jpg

Hopefully, Spring won't be long Dan, but I sure have enjoyed your winter wonderland Pics :) Thanks for the info too, very interesting :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I took that photo a couple years ago, because I thought the difference in the swedges was interesting. The knife on the left is one of the horn-clad Guardians knives (can’t remember which? :confused:). I like the swedge on that one; it’s almost like a double edge! :eek: :D

I had a nice day today. The weather was excellent. Eleanor and I met up with H herder for lunch, then ran some errands this afternoon. On the way home, I stopped and took a photo of a few fish houses (and cars and trucks) out on Lake Minnetonka. You know, just a few… o_O :D

CoRgZ3T.jpg

Also snapped this pic of my Desert Ironwood Guardians Lambsfoot taking in the last bit of sun for the day. :cool:

FJ7Q02g.jpg

I remember you posting it Barrett, really interesting to see the difference :) I know those swedges make the blades a little harder to pinch, but personally I think it's worth that slight sacrifice. I was really pleased with the way they came out :thumbsup: That's great you and Eleanor were able to meet up with H herder , and I like that we have a gang of Minnesota Guardians, like our Texas posse! :D :cool: Great photographs my friend, that is some lovely Ironwood :) :thumbsup:

If any of our newer Guardians aren't aware, Barrett kindly maintains a map of the international network of Guardians ;) See my link in post #1 :thumbsup:

That's showing some great character Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas!

rAfwOmv.jpg

Fantastic red and black combo Dylan :) Go Thorns! ;) :thumbsup:

Had a good lunch and chat with btb01 on a sunny winter day. Great picture of the ice houses by the way. :)

Two blade Lambfoot models are not very common. While I have shown this model in the past, I hadn't with both blades open.
This is a mid 20th century stag handled model from Joseph Elliot of Sheffield.

View attachment 1288444

That must have been nice my friend, wish I could have joined you :) Beautiful knife and photo :thumbsup:

Dang bloodsuckers!:mad:
Hope your results all come back good! Just did the same thing this week...gotta watch my triglycerides :rolleyes:
Sweet photo of your HHB, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:

Hope the weather clears up for you, Jack!
Just in case you can't, for your Viking entertainment pleasure:

Thanks a lot Dennis :) I'm not sure exactly what is going on there, but that video is hilarious! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

When we lived in the country, I'd shoot at least once a week, had a pond next to the house, we could set up targets and shoot pistols, or shoot skeet. Not so often now :(.
Love the photo though, Jack!:):thumbsup: Gotta pick up a slingshot real soon!

Sounds nice my friend, I do miss it :( Our gun laws weren't too bad at one time, now only the cops and criminals have them o_O Thanks again Dennis :) :thumbsup:

A little "Wood and Steel"!
ku4IYxl.jpg

Great pic, that patina is spectacular :cool: :thumbsup:

Oh don't apologise Jack, I say eat pancakes whenever you like. Our colonial cousins certainly do :D:thumbsup: I don't for the sole reason that, in the wink of eye I'd run out of room on my favourite belt. :(

I suspect I would too David! :D :thumbsup:

Oh what a terrible overly-dramatic video Jack. I've regularly seen York flood waters higher that. If they have to film anything they should film downstream (eg, Bishopthorpe or Naburn locks) which I'm sure are genuinely more dramatic.

The levels have not been too bad there, compared to in the past, Tadcaster too :thumbsup:

My apologies for the late acknowledgements; I found my internet had gone 'poof!' on Tuesday. :rolleyes:
I've not been up to much anything recently so it's been my swayback horn that's barely left my pocket for the past 4 days. A recycle pic.
bI6f9aQ.jpg

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that mate, glad it appears to be sorted out now. That's a nice-looking knife :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1288620
Lambsfoot and lamb chops for breakfast!

Good start to the day Willie :) There's quite a lot of cant on that Lambsfoot isn't there?

Happy weekend Guardians! A beautiful, sunny day in store for me. Hope you all have the same.

Haven't carried Black Beauty for a while (my wife's name for this knife:)) but it felt like that kinda morning.

XPp2ucj.jpg

A beauty indeed, and a nice photo of it :) :thumbsup:

Good luck and stay safe.

Have fun if you go Jack, but I'll second JohnDF JohnDF 's sentiment and say be safe friend.

Thanks a lot guys, setting off for York early worked out pretty well. It's always one of the first places to flood here, but they are very well prepared for it, and really take high river levels in their stride. The river had been dropping for the past 24 hours, and the rain and wind held off until later in the morning. In fact the low sun was so bright over the river, that I had a job looking at it, let alone getting a decent photo, some of my pics look like they are taken at night! :eek:

Here's the river a few weeks back...

tyb7z3b.jpg

...and from the same bridge today.

x9BOouL.jpg

3549GrV.jpg

eEJ34vE.jpg

hAmOZCG.jpg

I took this one on top of the sandbags!

GYfGMSs.jpg

d1McqRk.jpg

FAzH86d.jpg

The Viking Festival seemed a bit low-key this year, compared to in the past, but the traders were located in one of York's many impressive buildings, the medieval Merchant Adventurers' Hall. Check out the pics on the website because mine turned out rubbish! :( Plenty of knives on sale, and some even looked to be of a higher standard than the ones usually sold at the event :rolleyes:

1HlNUUp.jpg

p8T7zDI.jpg

xP19DVZ.jpg

fgxoc1c.jpg

if868RY.jpg

DYTvpWe.jpg

eIKzdGc.jpg

bhUsBtr.jpg

Obligatory naughty Viking with phone pic :rolleyes:

JeNniDd.jpg

I didn't buy any knives, but I did pick up a few bits and pieces :) The fire steel throws some good sparks, after some of my previous purchases, I made sure I had a piece of flint in my pocket so I could check it in advance of buying it ;) :thumbsup:

BfhkJC3.jpg

Hope everyone else is having a nice Saturday :thumbsup:

Hopefully, Spring won't be long Dan, but I sure have enjoyed your winter wonderland Pics :) Thanks for the info too, very interesting :) :thumbsup:

I remember you posting it Barrett, really interesting to see the difference :) I know those swedges make the blades a little harder to pinch, but personally I think it's worth that slight sacrifice. I was really pleased with the way they came out :thumbsup: That's great you and Eleanor were able to meet up with H herder , and I like that we have a gang of Minnesota Guardians, like our Texas posse! :D :cool: Great photographs my friend, that is some lovely Ironwood :) :thumbsup:

If any of our newer Guardians aren't aware, Barrett kindly maintains a map of the international network of Guardians ;) See my link in post #1 :thumbsup:

That's showing some great character Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Fantastic red and black combo Dylan :) Go Thorns! ;) :thumbsup:

That must have been nice my friend, wish I could have joined you :) Beautiful knife and photo :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Dennis :) I'm not sure exactly what is going on there, but that video is hilarious! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Sounds nice my friend, I do miss it :( Our gun laws weren't too bad at one time, now only the cops and criminals have them o_O Thanks again Dennis :) :thumbsup:

Great pic, that patina is spectacular :cool: :thumbsup:

I suspect I would too David! :D :thumbsup:

The levels have not been too bad there, compared to in the past, Tadcaster too :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that mate, glad it appears to be sorted out now. That's a nice-looking knife :) :thumbsup:

Good start to the day Willie :) There's quite a lot of cant on that Lambsfoot isn't there?

A beauty indeed, and a nice photo of it :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot guys, setting off for York early worked out pretty well. It's always one of the first places to flood here, but they are very well prepared for it, and really take high river levels in their stride. The river had been dropping for the past 24 hours, and the rain and wind held off until later in the morning. In fact the low sun was so bright over the river, that I had a job looking at it, let alone getting a decent photo, some of my pics look like they are taken at night! :eek:

Here's the river a few weeks back...

tyb7z3b.jpg

...and from the same bridge today.

x9BOouL.jpg

3549GrV.jpg

eEJ34vE.jpg

hAmOZCG.jpg

I took this one on top of the sandbags!

GYfGMSs.jpg

d1McqRk.jpg

FAzH86d.jpg

Jeepers, Jack!! It sure looks disastrous for those along the river!! A lot of basements/foundations full of water!!:eek::(

Jeepers, Jack!! It sure looks disastrous for those along the river!! A lot of basements/foundations full of water!!:eek::(

They are real old buildings there too Charlie, but York floods so frequently they are pretty used to it. That pub there is closed at the moment, but it has a submarine-type door they swing to, they even used to keep serving behind the bar! :D :thumbsup:

It was a pretty nice way to take nourishment Jack. I'd never cooked lamb before last night, but it turned out pretty good. It definitely has a pretty aggressive cant to it. Still a fine knife. As far as utility is concerned it's one of my favorites. Glad to hear you had a good time at the festival. That new fire steel looks good with your hhb.

It was a pretty nice way to take nourishment Jack. I'd never cooked lamb before last night, but it turned out pretty good. It definitely has a pretty aggressive cant to it. Still a fine knife. As far as utility is concerned it's one of my favorites. Glad to hear you had a good time at the festival. That new fire steel looks good with your hhb.

When I was a kid, we were so poor that when we had lamb chops, there was only one, and they were tiny! :eek: Thank you my friend, I'm pretty pleased with the steel :) :thumbsup:

Back