Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Today's theme:
KhrmZe3.jpg

The watch was originally a gift from my wife to her father when she was young. He passed away some years ago. She gave it to me recently.

[There's a knife on the other end of the chain, but not a lambsfoot.]
Really great photo of your watch and knife. Nice family heirloom / memory.

fi8Ru5d.jpg

I was just about to make a cheese sandwich for lunch, when I spotted some leftover pancake batter in the fridge :rolleyes: So... Je presente le crepe au fromage! :D

lM8hUXk.jpg

I actually found it a little bland, so I gave it some Bam! :D

Ul7gTSa.jpg

And added smoked ham to the next one ;) :thumbsup:

S2hy8Pm.jpg
A little meat does the trick!

fi8Ru5d.jpg

I was more than happy to share with you, my friend!

Lamb content...
KkuhGTz.jpg
Such a great image of your Lamb Foot, Dennis. Thank you again.

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Wonderful Hartshead still life, not to mention the tasty smorgasbord of delectable.

A wonderful collection of Lambs and personally meaniningful timepieces, Guardians.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
399EDE7C-197B-421E-8584-B8E1518BFE58.jpeg

Today’s breakfast from yesterday’s Deerfield Bakery breakfast.
1FB2763A-3827-44F2-9C4F-8945A56FA8BE_zpshwyjdlky.jpeg

AEBCD3DC-065E-40F5-A450-9D0F27F6345C.jpeg

The watch and chain were given to my late Father years ago by my late Mother's uncle, other than that nobody ever knew anything more about it, it does run but I don't know how to adjust it.
DpKiWY8.jpg
The watch and chain were given to my late Father years ago by my late Mother's uncle, other than that nobody ever knew anything more about it, it does run but I don't know how to adjust it.
DpKiWY8.jpg
Stunning photo. Thanks for sharing.

fi8Ru5d.jpg

Looks like a classic, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, Smiths of London made some really nice watches...and some cheap ones! :D

I'm probably more likely to sell it one day Jack, it doesn't really have sentimental value to me, if it had been bought by my Dad or by my Grandfather and handed down to Dad it would be different, but as it is, it's a nice thing but sits in a drawer.

I have a lot of things that sit in drawers my friend! :D :thumbsup:

JohnDF JohnDF The chains are something, hallmarked on every single link but they do show quite a bit of wear, the coin mount is a later addition I think, although the coin is dated 1889 and has Queen Victoria on the reverse.

Isn't that a Half Sovereign?

My Phoenix avatar was originally my Jack Black Knives company logo. The design came from a family heirloom, a beautifully enamelled silver watch-fob from the British Iron & Steel Trades Confederation. Sadly it was stolen 25 years ago :(

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks John, Smiths of London made some really nice watches...and some cheap ones! :D

I have a lot of things that sit in drawers my friend! :D :thumbsup:

Isn't that a Half Sovereign?

My Phoenix avatar was originally my Jack Black Knives company logo. The design came from a family heirloom, a beautifully enamelled silver watch-fob from the British Iron & Steel Confederation. Sadly it was stolen 25 years ago :(

It is a half sovereign Jack, and I'm running out of drawers, truth be told I think I'm an undiagnosed hoarder. :)

My, the Guardians sure are a classy bunch today. Well done everyone ;)

LOL! :D Great pic Mike, how do you find the pull on the pen blade? :thumbsup:

My day-to-day wristwatch is an Orient Mike, been very pleased with it :) How's the pocket watch? :thumbsup:

My grandfather was a wire-weaver. He left me a nice gold wristwatch, I sometimes wear, along with two inexpensive pocket watches. I think he carried this in in overall pocket, while working. I think I have had it 40 years, and I'm not sure I've ever carried it. I might wind it up for tomorrow :thumbsup:

GsblSwD.jpg

Thanks Jack. The pull on the pen actually isn't that bad. Definitely firm, but much better than I was expecting. Maybe a 7? The main is an 8. But one thing to say for the two blade versions, they're a STOUT knife. I'd hate to fall in a lake with it in my pocket :)

Orient makes a nice watch. I really like mine. It's pretty small for a pocket watch, at around 40mm wide. My understanding is they made this model as a proof of concept, then modified the case for a wrist version.

My, the Guardians sure are a classy bunch today. Well done everyone ;)

Thanks Jack. The pull on the pen actually isn't that bad. Definitely firm, but much better than I was expecting. Maybe a 7? The main is an 8. But one thing to say for the two blade versions, they're a STOUT knife. I'd hate to fall in a lake with it in my pocket :)

Orient makes a nice watch. I really like mine. It's pretty small for a pocket watch, at around 40mm wide. My understanding is they made this model as a proof of concept, then modified the case for a wrist version.

Yeah, I know what you mean Mike :D They are certainly a hefty knife, take up a lot of pocket space. The pulls on mine are nail-breakers :eek: For sheer heft, this 2-blade Needham, a generous gift from @Campbellclanman has my Wright's beat by a fair bit I think though :)

WZZBxfw.jpg

Thanks for the info on your Orient Mike :) Mine is the Blue Mako, I must have had it about 5 years now :thumbsup:

My grandfather was a wire-weaver. He left me a nice gold wristwatch, I sometimes wear, along with two inexpensive pocket watches. I think he carried this in in overall pocket, while working. I think I have had it 40 years, and I'm not sure I've ever carried it. I might wind it up for tomorrow :thumbsup:

GsblSwD.jpg

It's not winding up! o_O Maybe that's the reason I've never carried it! :rolleyes: :D

When I was a teenager, my grandfather's brother died. 'Uncle Frank' had never married, so he had a little more money than most working-class men. Not much that I ever saw really, but his suits were perhaps a bit better. After he passed away, I was given his wristwatch. Everyone told me, "It'll be a good 'un. He always had good stuff your Uncle Frank." A couple of years later, my sister managed to break it. My dad took it to the jewellers, and was told it was such a cheap watch it wasn't worth fixing :rolleyes:

Wonderful theme of lambsfoots and timepieces today!

The pea shoots have finally poked their little heads out of the ground. It might get down to 32 degrees overnight, so we'll have to see if I need to replant this weekend.
RmBg0mC.jpg

The pea shoots have finally poked their little heads out of the ground. It might get down to 32 degrees overnight, so we'll have to see if I need to replant this weekend.
RmBg0mC.jpg

Hope they make it Rachel, ace pic of your ebony Big 'Un :) Think they are forecasting snow, sleet, more rain, a 'fresh breeze', and some sunshine here tomorrow (those weather forecasters really know how to hedge their bets)! :rolleyes: I'll be off down to the market as per usual, going to have to survive without cake though :( Think I'll pack a flask of coffee, a sammich, and some fruit so I don't get led astray ;) :thumbsup:

C7BXwF6.jpg

RmBg0mC.jpg
I hope your efforts pay off, Rachel. :cool::thumbsup:

Think I'll pack a flask of coffee, a sammich, and some fruit so I don't get led astray ;) :thumbsup:
Sounds like a good plan, Jack. Hope you have a good time even without cake. :cool::thumbsup:

RmBg0mC.jpg

Nice Rachel ! :thumbsup:
(my snow peas don't seem to be taking this year :cool: )

Hope they make it Rachel, ace pic of your ebony Big 'Un :) Think they are forecasting snow, sleet, more rain, a 'fresh breeze', and some sunshine here tomorrow (those weather forecasters really know how to hedge their bets)! :rolleyes: I'll be off down to the market as per usual, going to have to survive without cake though :( Think I'll pack a flask of coffee, a sammich, and some fruit so I don't get led astray ;) :thumbsup:

C7BXwF6.jpg

Gala apples, my favorite's too Jack.
(last week they did not have any at our local supermarket and my wife bought red delicious ... I could not eat them lol )

I just found out that Gala apples were developed in New Zealand and named to honor Queen Elizabeth II, who claimed upon visiting New Zealand that it was her favorite apple variety. The ones with most intense red colors are called Royal Gala but they say they taste the same.

Great pic of the apples and the bowl with it's red hues :)

Right now, as I type this, am eating a Gala assisted by my trusty lambsfoot :)

LWGOCqO.jpg

Last edited:
Back