Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

My A. Wright lambsfoot arrived also, the thing has a bear of a pull and was very dull upon receipt, but I remedied that edge quickly thereafter. Much smaller than I thought, but quite well made, and nice looking wood on the handles!

M61wHb6.jpg

Just received this Hartshead Rosewood Barlow. I was trolling the sales pages on another forum and pounced on the knife. When these first came out I was late getting to my e-mail and missed out on the Rosewood, at only twenty made they did not last long, which is understandable. Nearly dropped my phone a few times in anticipation of trying to make the sale complete. What a result! I did not think to ever see one of these up for sale, that made my day even week at that point. Yay!!

Russell

View attachment 1291900
I can't believe one of us let that go. :eek:
There will probably never be any more like them.

I'm glad you had some good weather at the market.
Your Hartshead looks radiant with the sun shining off it. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot John :) :thumbsup:

My A. Wright lambsfoot arrived also, the thing has a bear of a pull and was very dull upon receipt, but I remedied that edge quickly thereafter. Much smaller than I thought, but quite well made, and nice looking wood on the handles!

M61wHb6.jpg

I'd say you got a decent one there, that ebony is much darker than the stuff they have been using more recently :thumbsup:

I can't believe one of us let that go. :eek:
There will probably never be any more like them.

I must admit to thinking the same :( I am very glad it has gone to a good home :thumbsup:

Hi SnackPack SnackPack , check this post by @Cambertree that may help you. It helped me when I got my ebony lamb.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-lambsfoot.1406735/page-64

Very helpful Dan :thumbsup:

That’s great, thanks Dan. I’ll use it for a while and get that edge polished up. The walk will wear in over time for me. I mean, it’s made in Sheffield, meant for hardy northerners right?

LOL! :D Just giving the joint a good flush out (I use oil and canned air, with a pipe cleaner to clean out any stubborn bits), and using it some, will make a difference in itself. By that time you may find it's wore YOU in rather than the other way round! :D I'm never sure which comes first :) :thumbsup:

We miss you @Modoc ED
Hope everything is going well and you're recovering.

+1 :thumbsup: Hope you're doing OK Ed :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, I hope everyone has had a good week :) Friday again, and another weekend is almost upon us :) The flooding has made a lot of my walking areas difficult to access, so I am thinking of heading over to Sheffield tomorrow, to check out a few antique shops, you never know what you might find right (though it's not usually much in Sheffield)? ;) :thumbsup:

9G2xKZW.jpg

Oh, I used to run bars at big festivals, so unfortunately I've witnessed lots of appalling behaviour from psychos in yellow-vests over the years :mad: One of the last I did was at Leeds Festival, where the 'Security' were completely out of control. On the last night one of the scum picked a fight with one of my bar staff, then radioed for the entire security team to back him up. about 25 v 18, but they were absolutely humiliated, and ended up running away to hide :thumbsup:

Hehe. Funny story. :thumbsup:

Thanks Willie, I'm bigger than a lot of folks, which is one of my reasons for having a month off! :D I quit drinking for a couple of months at the beginning of last year, also cut out the sugar.

Good luck Jack. My ex was Catholic so I used to give up 'everything sweet' for Lent, which I found quite easy. But I don't do that anymore.

Sunset in the snowy forest ... my Hartshead just glows :)
GkAGAPz.jpg

Jake has gone to work with me everyday this week.
49590159488_d262567dca_h.jpg

So that's where the sun got to. Great pics gents. :thumbsup:

donn donn Thank you David. I would enjoy sitting on the bench next to the remains of Flint Castle.
Good Afternoon Guardians.

Happy Paczki Day!
7B39A80D-7280-4BAC-B07F-A21F139949F6_zpslknr61ym.jpeg

92F38845-631C-476F-84B4-E87C88DEE8B2_zpsmahc8fmt.jpeg

I'd enjoy sitting on a bench munching on a Paczki. :D They look delicious and really need to be more popular where I live.:D
Great shot of your J.R there.:thumbsup:

Very possibly.
Here's the "Wiki" article.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_the_Kid
Here's another smidgen of history, and a cabin named after my great great grandfather, John Vincent Mitchell.
https://www.georgetowncabinsresort.com/mitchell

Thank you, David. Yeah, they don't want to loose any profits!

But fine horn and mantra to live by!:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Dennis, that's very interesting. So Cornwall Jack is your ancestor? I wish I could of sold my sister off for two mules; would of saved the family a whole heap of bother. :D
That cabin looks like a nice spot, I could live it that. :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
My WCLF and my Grandpa's old pocket watch

Good morning Guardians!

IMG-1697.jpg

Oops... Image revised to stay on theme today ;)

TO6a409.jpg

All the watch photos inspired me to do one with my Grandfather's railroad watch. He was an engineer on the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad way back in the 1920's and 30's.
View attachment 1291351

Today's theme:
KhrmZe3.jpg

What very handsome watches everyone. Reminiscent of slightly more elegant times.

Excellent photo of The Eye! :cool::thumbsup::cool: The slogan on the mug reminds me of what I used to tell my daughter was my motto: Shut up and play the cards you're dealt! :rolleyes:

Man Jack on it's arrival to me several years ago:
View attachment 1291881

- GT

LOL! I think you mentioned that phrase once before; I like it. I had the misfortune to accidentily watch some UK news yesterday. I think "Panic and run about hysterically" would be a more appropriate phrase for us these days. :rolleyes:

The college has been sending students to York for several years, and I think it's been a well-received program, but I think I saw somewhere that the plan is to move to a different university a year from now (Liverpool - Hope University?).

- GT

York and Liverpool are two very different cities. York has it's problems but Liverpool is one of the UK's (if not western Europe's) most violent city's and is getting worse on an annual basis. So long as the college is aware of that and prepares and provides for it's student's accordingly. :(

This was Wednesday's excursion up into our Peak District.
nzxhtpf.jpg

ZbZm08e.jpg

The obligatory pork pie.:)
2tmNEoo.jpg

This was Wednesday's excursion up into our Peak District.
nzxhtpf.jpg

ZbZm08e.jpg

The obligatory pork pie.:)
2tmNEoo.jpg

Fantastic photos David, I used to love walking on snow :) Whereabouts are you there? Here, I woke up to a little snow on Wednesday (elsewhere in Leeds they had it MUCH heavier), but then it rained for most of the day :(

Good morning.

IMG-1699.jpg

You've just reminded me to go and eat an apple! :D :thumbsup:

Good luck on your adventure. Let us know if you find anything worth while. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks John, but with another storm forecast for the weekend, I think we're going to give it a miss :( Tramping round Sheffield in the wind and rain would be bad enough, but it doesn't take much of either for the rail network to break down here o_O

Good Morning Guardians
It's Lent, so no meat for me today.
I'll have to take some fruit and cheese for lunch.

Jack and I were talking about knives that make us smile...

LOL! Great pic John :D Hey, I hope you guys all get something to eat tonight! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Yes Please. :D

:D :thumbsup:

View attachment 1292469
After a short hiatus waiting for my thumbnail to grow back, got the lambsfoot along for the ride today.

Glad you're back in good shape Willie :) :thumbsup:

TVRwhrC.jpg

Back