Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks Jack. How are you holding up without booze and sugar? I'm suffering already and I'm 3000 some odd miles away and haven't given up drinking.

Hope you're not suffering on my behalf Willie! :eek: :D I'm doing ok thanks mate, finding it a little bit easier than I expected so far, but there's another month to go yet :eek: ;) :thumbsup:

Just received this Hartshead Rosewood Barlow. I was trolling the sales pages on another forum and pounced on the knife. When these first came out I was late getting to my e-mail and missed out on the Rosewood, at only twenty made they did not last long, which is understandable. Nearly dropped my phone a few times in anticipation of trying to make the sale complete. What a result! I did not think to ever see one of these up for sale, that made my day even week at that point. Yay!!

Russell

View attachment 1291900
Congratulations!
T25Yh2I.jpg

You'd have to battle the thorns to get mine! :D
Y36Lm0O.jpg

Congratulations!
T25Yh2I.jpg

You'd have to battle the thorns to get mine! :D
Y36Lm0O.jpg

Very cool pic Rachel :thumbsup::)

his was Wednesday's excursion up into our Peak District.
nzxhtpf.jpg

ZbZm08e.jpg

The obligatory pork pie.:)
2tmNEoo.jpg

I am very intrigued about the white stuff that has descended onto the beautiful rolling landscape I am used to seeing from your location :D

A sense of balance with nature :)
r0PKxKB.jpg

96jnrnB.jpg

Wow, another milestone! :) :cool: :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're living life to the full Dylan :) Looks like it too! :cool: Good for you my friend, and I hope your kid sister is settling in :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. My little sister is doing ok - it's quite an adjustment for us though. I thought I had a few more years before having to deal with "boys" and all the other drama that teenagers can muster...

Beautiful photo, Dylan!:thumbsup:

Thank you, Dennis! Some fine Stag on that Hartshead of yours.

Good Morning Guardians
My WCLF and my Grandpa's old pocket watch

I LOVE old pocket watches! Sadly though, I do not have any. I've been unable to find one in good working condition that would be suitable for carry and I don't believe I have the skills to tinker with broken ones.

Putting this beauty to work this afternoon.

d9plZkP.jpg

It is alien looking, isn't it?

Yeah! :D :thumbsup:

r0PKxKB.jpg

96jnrnB.jpg

Beautiful photos Dan :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. My little sister is doing ok - it's quite an adjustment for us though. I thought I had a few more years before having to deal with "boys" and all the other drama that teenagers can muster...

I LOVE old pocket watches! Sadly though, I do not have any. I've been unable to find one in good working condition that would be suitable for carry and I don't believe I have the skills to tinker with broken ones.

Putting this beauty to work this afternoon.

d9plZkP.jpg

I'm glad you're managing Dylan :) I know first-hand, the teenage years can be difficult, my eldest girl wasn't bad, but the youngest two! :eek: :rolleyes:

I can relate to that my friend, I also often think of acquiring a nice pocket watch. I see them fairly regularly, but they are expensive, and having no knowledge of them, it's easy to get stung :( I went to an antiques fair with @ADEE once, and he showed me a tip. As he went round the stalls, and gently wound the pocket watches he had a mind to purchase. Then, after we had had a pint across the road, he went back and checked them to see how they were keeping time :D :thumbsup:

That's a lovely photo of your WCLF, great use of colour and lighting :cool:

Sadly, I don't carry a watch much any more since I have a smart phone. :(

I went to an antiques fair with @ADEE once, and he showed me a tip. As he went round the stalls, and gently wound the pocket watches he had a mind to purchase. Then, after we had had a pint across the road, he went back and checked them to see how they were keeping time :D :thumbsup:
That's so simple and yet so brilliant. :cool::thumbsup:

I believe I've seen a few in the neighborhood even larger. I'll pay attention this weekend and see if I can get a picture.

Don't get captured! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

That's so simple and yet so brilliant. :cool::thumbsup:

I thought so too :)

Since I don't have the excuse of beer affecting my aim, I thought I'd go shoot some slingshots for a while :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

rhX1jwL.jpg

Thank you, David. :)

Your welcome. We should all still wear suits with waistcoats with pocket watches and chains.:thumbsup:

Fantastic photos David, I used to love walking on snow :) Whereabouts are you there? Here, I woke up to a little snow on Wednesday (elsewhere in Leeds they had it MUCH heavier), but then it rained for most of the day :(

TVRwhrC.jpg

Hi Jack, I love walking in snow to. This was a walk out of Glossop up to Higher Shelf Stones and the crash site of 'Over Exposed' which I visited last year and posted about:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ales-vignettes.754492/page-1145#post-18865284

...but after two hours of knee deep snow and two complete white outs I was knackered so ate my pies then gave up. :)
The photo was taken at approx' SK087949. The first looks towards Higher Shelf Stones (you can just about make out the trig' point) and last two are towards the northern aspect of Kinder Scout. If you enlarge the picture you can make out the Snake Pass summit. :):thumbsup:

Urgh! That's that funny plant you posted last year. Has it not taken over the world yet?? :D

I am very intrigued about the white stuff that has descended onto the beautiful rolling landscape I am used to seeing from your location :D

r0PKxKB.jpg

96jnrnB.jpg

Yip. I thought I'd join good company. :)
It's been a relatively mild winter here and at or just above sea level we've had virtually no snow (the floods have been something else though!:().
The Yorkshire Dales and North Yorkshire Moors though have recently been hit with heavy snow.
https://www.facebook.com/NorthYorkshireWeatherUpdates/

But the Scottish Highlands; well as always they don't fail to deliver...
XC2fUVk.jpg

EFDANPh.jpg

Enjoying my Friday evening watching Die Hard 2. :)
6Hl3UqU.jpg

Don't get captured! :eek: :D
:eek::D:thumbsup:
Urgh! That's that funny plant you posted last year. Has it not taken over the world yet??
Yep, that's an older picture. The neighbors have actually trimmed it back since then. It's not nearly so dramatic looking now. This type of agave is also known as a century plant.

Although it is called the century plant, it typically lives only 10 to 30 years. It has a spread around 6–10 ft (1.8–3.0 m) with gray-green leaves of 3–5 ft (0.9–1.5 m) long, each with a prickly margin and a heavy spike at the tip that can pierce deeply. Near the end of its life, the plant sends up a tall, branched stalk, laden with yellow blossoms, that may reach a total height up to 25–30 ft (8–9 m) tall.

I hope to get a picture of one that's putting up a stalk. It's amazing- looks just like a 25 foot tall asparagus!

I'm glad you're managing Dylan :) I know first-hand, the teenage years can be difficult, my eldest girl wasn't bad, but the youngest two! :eek: :rolleyes:

I can relate to that my friend, I also often think of acquiring a nice pocket watch. I see them fairly regularly, but they are expensive, and having no knowledge of them, it's easy to get stung :( I went to an antiques fair with @ADEE once, and he showed me a tip. As he went round the stalls, and gently wound the pocket watches he had a mind to purchase. Then, after we had had a pint across the road, he went back and checked them to see how they were keeping time :D :thumbsup:

That's a lovely photo of your WCLF, great use of colour and lighting :cool:

My son is barely a teenager and my daughter acts like one :rolleyes: so my sister entering into the mix has certainly been interesting. In any case, it is just a matter of adjustment and hopefully we are able to give her the best crack at life as possible.

That tip on the watches is simply brilliant. I may have to tuck that away for another time, although I don't run into too many antique watches over here. Most of the ones I see are on the big auction sites and such - where everything can be a gamble.

Sadly, I don't carry a watch much any more since I have a smart phone. :(

I think that is applicable to so many of us.

...We should all still wear suits with waistcoats with pocket watches and chains.:thumbsup:

I echo this sentiment - at least, with regards to wearing a waistcoat. When did that become unfashionable? Let's bring them back!

Having a dram on this fine Friday evening. The wind has a chill to it...

RyYxQM1.jpg

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. A Paczki is more of an over built doughnut. Though I’m certain your jelly roll would elicit the same silent moans of pleasure.:D I can never get enough of seeing Man Jack.:thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Does the “TEDS” tat under your friend’s right ear refer to “Teddy Boys?” You must be having a blast at the Stalls. Lovely image of your Hartshead basking in the Sun.

@Rusty1 - Congratulations on acquiring your Hartshead Unicorn, Russell. Splendid Winter scenes.

donn donn - Thank you kindly. I only wish I could exchange a Pacski for one of your savory pork pies.

Good Evening Guardians.

WCLF is always on my Radar.
D232765B-975C-4A9F-8409-541B840629E1.jpeg

Your welcome. We should all still wear suits with waistcoats with pocket watches and chains.:thumbsup:

Hi Jack, I love walking in snow to. This was a walk out of Glossop up to Higher Shelf Stones and the crash site of 'Over Exposed' which I visited last year and posted about:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ales-vignettes.754492/page-1145#post-18865284

...but after two hours of knee deep snow and two complete white outs I was knackered so ate my pies then gave up. :)
The photo was taken at approx' SK087949. The first looks towards Higher Shelf Stones (you can just about make out the trig' point) and last two are towards the northern aspect of Kinder Scout. If you enlarge the picture you can make out the Snake Pass summit. :):thumbsup:

Urgh! That's that funny plant you posted last year. Has it not taken over the world yet?? :D

Yip. I thought I'd join good company. :)
It's been a relatively mild winter here and at or just above sea level we've had virtually no snow (the floods have been something else though!:().
The Yorkshire Dales and North Yorkshire Moors though have recently been hit with heavy snow.
https://www.facebook.com/NorthYorkshireWeatherUpdates/

But the Scottish Highlands; well as always they don't fail to deliver...
XC2fUVk.jpg

EFDANPh.jpg

Enjoying my Friday evening watching Die Hard 2. :)
6Hl3UqU.jpg

I wear one of my pocket watches on a chain, I have quite a few waistcoats :D

oHahEvW.jpg

That was a great post David, I remember it well :) Thanks for the link, and the info my friend, it sounds like you had some challenging conditions, always nice to be able to have a bit of adventure :) :thumbsup:

A feller was telling me they got two feet on the other side of Leeds on Monday, while a mate who lives near Cattrick was completely snowed in. Where I live, I don't think we got more than a couple of inches, and it quickly disappeared. That's some serious snow in the Highlands, great pics, and a nice pint and Lambsfoot to round off an excellent post David :thumbsup:

Too many great pictures to comment on, but I sure appreciate seeing them, thanks all.

I'm only having one beer tonight, so I thought I'd make it a BIG one... :)

View attachment 1292823

LOL! :D Fantastic! :cool: It looks like you're taking the same approach to beer as my mate on the tool-stall is with his sandwiches ;) :D :thumbsup:

3uNfyNO.jpg

My son is barely a teenager and my daughter acts like one :rolleyes: so my sister entering into the mix has certainly been interesting. In any case, it is just a matter of adjustment and hopefully we are able to give her the best crack at life as possible.

That tip on the watches is simply brilliant. I may have to tuck that away for another time, although I don't run into too many antique watches over here. Most of the ones I see are on the big auction sites and such - where everything can be a gamble.

I echo this sentiment - at least, with regards to wearing a waistcoat. When did that become unfashionable? Let's bring them back!

RyYxQM1.jpg

I'm sure she's found a loving home there with you Dylan :) Nice patina developing on your WCLF. Cheers my friend :thumbsup:

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. A Paczki is more of an over built doughnut. Though I’m certain your jelly roll would elicit the same silent moans of pleasure.:D I can never get enough of seeing Man Jack.:thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Does the “TEDS” tat under your friend’s right ear refer to “Teddy Boys?” You must be having a blast at the Stalls. Lovely image of your Hartshead basking in the Sun.

@Rusty1 - Congratulations on acquiring your Hartshead Unicorn, Russell. Splendid Winter scenes.

donn donn - Thank you kindly. I only wish I could exchange a Pacski for one of your savory pork pies.

Good Evening Guardians.

WCLF is always on my Radar.
View attachment 1293009

'Over-built doughnut' sounds good to me! :D

Yes, it does Harvey, I went to his wedding about 18 months ago, and about half the guests were old Teds! :D There are quite a lot of characters who call in at the tool-stall on a Thursday :) :thumbsup:

RMVT1xn.jpg

LvWbvKg.jpg

I really like your photo Harvey, superb :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, it's the 29th February, so enjoy your extra day! ;) Have a fabulous weekend folks :) :thumbsup:

cV9UNXy.jpg

RyYxQM1.jpg
A nice Scotch I assume?

fi8Ru5d.jpg

Back