Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning Guardians. Lambsfoot content!
ONrbT1I.jpg

That can't be good, can it?
I remember a 60 Minutes story about somewhere in England that had a breeding population of wild hamsters running amok.
Some people eat guinea pigs, I guess.

U4Tae3A.jpg

There were about 50 of them a couple of years back, maybe even more now, though they do just wander across the road, and hide under the tyres of cars :rolleyes: I have no idea why they are there, but I didn't notice them on the menu! :D I know someone who had guinea pig stew in South America - She was vegan, but after being given a bowl by some poor people while trekking, she didn't want to cause offence! :D Nice shot of your ebony '18 Jer :thumbsup:

At least they're cuter than rats. ;)

Lovely picture, Jack.
The grass is so green and reminds me of Spring.

I've never had a sausage roll, but I could pretty much guarantee I'd like it. :cool::thumbsup:

Now you're channeling the powers of Harvey. :D
Great photo, your stag is taking on some real nice character. :cool::thumbsup:

Easier to catch too! :D ;) Thank you John, that's my front garden. It's very green here - because it hardly stops raining! :rolleyes: Thank you very much John, that is high praise indeed :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I'm going to spend some time in the shop today.
First order of business will be to make a double knife pocket slip.

Here's an out-of-focus background for Jack. :D

Sounds like a good project John :) Thanks for the photo, well done my friend :D :) :thumbsup:

Thanks! So far, so fascinating. It’s impressively hefty: 130 pages, but weighs in at over a pound (498 grams, to be precise) from the nice heavy paper they use. You’d love the full-bleed photography spreads.

That certainly looks like an acceptable stand-in. Enjoy!

It sounds great, though if it's that heavy, an international subscription might be a small fortune! :eek: :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, only from the supermarket, but they were quite tasty :)

It’s all going smooth here this morning Guardians! ;) Y’all stay safe out there! :thumbsup:

48519179987_bf843f4790_o_d.jpg

Smooth as a cool beer on a hot day Vince :) :thumbsup:

Thanks very much, Jack! It's great to be here.:thumbsup:
I'm hoping your're right! They better be a hardy plant if they're counting on me as their caretaker!:rolleyes: Hopefully, your new sign will help keep the idiots at bay.;)

Hoping for blue skies and lots of sunshine today. Enjoy your Sunday, folks!
5LZYKOP.jpg

Fantastic to have you here Mark, and your Ironwood '19 of course, that's a quality photograph :) :thumbsup:

I’m not a doctor, and I didn’t intend to give medical advice, but when I got into sourdough, and ate a lot of sourdough bread, I lost weight. I think it depends what you put on your bread too....
The Perfect Loaf is a good site. Also there’s a forum like this one, The Fresh Loaf, with people at all levels of experience.

I've been eating sourdough some years now, few types, but all genuine sourdough from my local bakery, and a couple of others nearby. Of course I should have a go at baking it, like you industrious souls, instead of paying £4 a loaf. I know a few people who are into making it, and I understand it can become a bit of an obsession! :) :thumbsup:

This is Leeds Bread Co-op's Malthouse Sourdough, which I sometimes buy :)

2xohmFN.jpg

Wish I had some to dip in the tomato and lentil soup I'm just making :thumbsup:

I would love to have some nice fresh sourdough bread to help keep my blood sugar from spiking too much but when your step-daughter and granddaughter go to the store for you, you take what you can get. :p

LOL! We've all been there :D :) :thumbsup: I remember the first time my kids made me breakfast. I opened my eyes to see a cup of tea being held precariously above my head :eek: The tea was lukewarm, and the accompanying toast was awful, but of course I had to eat it with a smile :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

I forgot how much I love spending time in the shop.

Very nice John, I'm sure that's going to look superb :) :thumbsup:

I went straight to The Three Stags heads after, and had a pint of Black Lurcher! :D I don't get there that often, but it's one of my favourite old pubs :) Even, if their car-park is strangely overrun by semi-wild guinea-pigs :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

ggAUSWz.jpg

That's the place! A cracking pub! If you were there so long back you need to know that the place is being run by a new couple on behalf of the owner. The bloke is a knife maker/restorer. He showed me a few of his knives which he generally makes out of old tools and he had a look at my HHB which he seemed quite impressed with.
Unfortunately my laptop has just randomly reformatted the microSD card the pictures of these knives where on so I can't post them.:mad:
Anyway he exhibits at the annual Wardlow Mires Food and Pottery Festival held every September.

I'm afraid I haven't David, they were stolen about 25 years ago, along with a huge amount of other stuff :( They were just the Pip, Squeak, Wilfred, but also the large medal/plaque commemorating his death :(

Sorry Jack; I now recall you have mentioned that before. :(

I dare say mate :D I like those old euphemisms, which often sound so innocent. In the olden days in Sheffield, folks would refer to being 'under the clock' as a euphemism for being locked up (usually for debt or drunkenness) in the cells beneath the Town Hall. Since Leeds magistate's court was still in Leeds Town Hall until relatively recent times, it's a phrase I sometimes still hear here :rolleyes:

LOL! I like that.

That's because you're a youngster David! :D :thumbsup:

kFs96ZS.jpg

Awww....thanks. You can come again.:D:thumbsup:

A nice sunny pic which looks warmer than it is.

Was trying to sort out this axe haft but it's got colder and colder and colder so I packed it in.
PkSpPpw.jpg

If I end up putting the lathe on the floor and sitting cross-legged in front of it, PPE will be a stout throw pillow.
:D:thumbsup:

It is a deep rabbit hole! I’ve been down it
Ever since I can remember my Dad has been obsessed with bread making, especially sourdough.
It's normal to see him put containers in the fridge with stuff brewing, taking it out, smelling it, analyzing it, baking. Too bad we live 7 hours drive apart now. I love sourdough :thumbsup:
I forgot how much I love spending time in the shop.
Very nice John !!!
Good for you my friend :thumbsup: :)
Today it's raining, organizing my shed "little shop" will have to wait a bit more.

Good morning Guardians

BpNGJWD.jpg

Ed, That sounds like not a lot of fun. I have a feeling you're tough enough to handle it, though.;) Not the best time to be requiring return trips to the doctor/hospital, either. Glad you have what sounds like an angel helping you through it.;)

Thanks for you thoughts Mark @Ramrodmb. You're right Mark - my Angel is my wife Cindy. She's been by my side through this whole experience.

Sorry, I was in the wrong thread for those pictures!

Attachments

• 5390496F-F872-4103-81C2-E403D773A15F.jpeg
    5390496F-F872-4103-81C2-E403D773A15F.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 551D2153-5D1C-4FD4-BADE-ADC51E9CF7F4.jpeg
    551D2153-5D1C-4FD4-BADE-ADC51E9CF7F4.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 5
That's the place! A cracking pub! If you were there so long back you need to know that the place is being run by a new couple on behalf of the owner. The bloke is a knife maker/restorer. He showed me a few of his knives which he generally makes out of old tools and he had a look at my HHB which he seemed quite impressed with.
Unfortunately my laptop has just randomly reformatted the microSD card the pictures of these knives where on so I can't post them.:mad:
Anyway he exhibits at the annual Wardlow Mires Food and Pottery Festival held every September.

Sorry Jack; I now recall you have mentioned that before. :(

LOL! I like that.

Awww....thanks. You can come again.:D:thumbsup:

A nice sunny pic which looks warmer than it is.

Was trying to sort out this axe haft but it's got colder and colder and colder so I packed it in.
PkSpPpw.jpg

I think the couple were there when I last was David, unless this is ANOTHER couple :D I hadn't been there for a long time before that, and it had changed a little, and was certainly busier than on my previous visit, when it was completely empty :) That's interesting the feller is a knife maker :cool: Very sorry to hear about your laptop :( Nice pic mate, very industrious :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians

BpNGJWD.jpg

Morning Dan, ace pic :thumbsup:

Lola says meow meow meow lambfoot meow... or, roughly translated, something something something lambfoot something!

RdAtRYu.jpg

LOL! :D :) :thumbsup:

Back