Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

LOL! We've all been there :D :) :thumbsup: I remember the first time my kids made me breakfast. I opened my eyes to see a cup of tea being held precariously above my head :eek: The tea was lukewarm, and the accompanying toast was awful, but of course I had to eat it with a smile :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Ah, but it left a fond memory. :)

You haven't changed a bit, Gary!
Certain things haven't changed much: height and weight are about the same, although my weight is "more centered" now than it was then; Army surplus clothes then, Goodwill now; blond hair then, gray hair now, looks about the same.

I always heard that as "Carmen and Adele". ...
That lyrical misperception certainly changes the song's interpretation! :p:cool::thumbsup:

I carry a lambsfoot...
Pq5XmJm.jpg

...because it's a right proper Spam slicer!

How 'bout you?
I carry a lambsfoot .....

because is a CHICK-adee magnet !

How 'bout you?

:D:thumbsup: Good ones, Vince and Dan!

I'll join Vince in partaking of the eggs and Spam. :):thumbsup:
Here is a pic of me from this past fall just before my community band concert started.
20191015-163146-orig-copy.jpg
Vince & @natchezz, the Spam & eggs look delectable! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Thanks for the "mug shot", @natchezz! :)

Great to see you here Gary, I think I might have some old ID cards kicking around somewhere :D You look like quite a few guys I used to know back in the 70's :) :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, I'm a bit concerned about the potential side-effects of that new drug, Cimetidine, though, they don't sound nice at all. ... To be honest, I'm absolutely sick of the incompetent quacks I've seen over the last few years :mad:

Good to see your AC GT :) :thumbsup:
Viklh6V.jpg

Verdant view of Lucy, and your Charlie Lamb pair is sensational, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Are you sure I'm NOT a few guys you knew in the '70s?? :rolleyes:
I hope the new med works out for you; so many stories I hear convince me that medicine is still more art than science, and there are practitioners who really aren't very gifted in the art.

Thanks, and I think I can do that :D
And because I had to go into the pen to get them out, time for an updated flock photo :)
QD68DVi.jpg
What a first-rate and formidable flock you have, Mike, including that micarta recover!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

These pics with the butterfly and bee were from last year :D.
Every time we see a caterpillar on the trail I am tempted to take a pic with my lamb but my wife tells me to leave the thing alone plus "it's just silly" she says :D
Caterpillars here I come now lol

4mgQom9.jpg

RE5qK5k.jpg
Superlative pics, Dan!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: It's good that you have an artistic consultant to guide you. ;)

5K Qs 5K Qs - Fine portraits of you and Black Jack, GT.

Good Evening Guardians.
20E44998-C452-46DD-90A4-E80CF141A4FB_zpsccp6c6cj.jpeg
Thanks for the kind words, Harvey; I think I've probably got a bit more patina than Black Jack does. ;) Great photo; which knife is that? My old eyes tell me to guess ironwood with filework, but I don't trust them. :rolleyes:

The various groups didn't just settle everywhere, the split off and congregated in different areas. ... But the Frisians were different. They did settle throughout the island as they were renowned as traders who were known as being fairly itinerant.
The closest iron age hill fort to Winchester is St' Catherine's Hill, which is only a 15 minute walk out of the city. I did try to go up it but it was still a quagmire from the recent rains so turned round.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Catherine's_Hill,_Hampshire
Hi GT , yip flowers are blooming, though the daffodils (yellow ones) are late winter/early spring anyway. ...
Good to see the AC back; not seen many of them on the forum recently. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the additional info on Frisians in England, David. :thumbsup::cool:

You often get me searching the internet for more info; recently I did some "research" on King Arthur, and, in particular, theories on the location of Camelot. I happened to run across this: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...d-retired-professor-peter-field-a7489176.html
which I only mention because I think Huddersfield is part of Jack's "stomping (out fires ;)) grounds", isn't it? Maybe he'd like to eventually take a lambsfoot photo of a small Roman fort at Slack, to the west of Huddersfield in West Yorkshire.

A couple of days ago, I helped my wife clean up a bunch of the late-dropping oak leaves from over the winter, and we discovered a lot of tulip leaves poking up already, as well as some shoots from peonies and day (tiger) lilies. Maybe spring is arriving sooner than normal here, too.

For some unknown reason I had a desire to pocket a Big Un this morning! ;) I also have noticed that some of you brave souls have been posting your selfies on the thread. :eek: It's nice to put a face with a name.
Knife, canine, and human are all quite photogenic, Ron! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Good Morning Guardians
I think I'll carry my Rosewood Lamb today. ;)...
John, in these perilous times where "the rules" are changing almost daily, it's a great comfort to me to see your African rosewood each morning!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Betty and her slip are looking quite provocative, FBC! :rolleyes::thumbsup::cool:

YhhiV3V.jpg

One of my prettiest knives.
I'll second that, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Sunny stag on the rocks is just what the doctor ordered, ED! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope everyone is healthy, wealthy and wise, or some combination of!
v1BWve9.jpg
I've been following Ben Franklin's advice about early to bed and early to rise, but the HWW hasn't kicked in yet. :( You stag HHB is definitely paying off though, Dennis! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your stag HHB sure does look great in the sunshine, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is a "Man's" meal. I have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. It comes in a bag and I enjoy it from a tube as it flows into my stomach. Yummy!!!!! Just to be clear, it's the yellowish tan stuff in the bag. Makes me giddy just looking at it.:rolleyes:

sRsI8ev.jpg

ED, that knife is what makes me giddy just looking at it! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Are you SURE it's the bag of nutrients that causing your giddiness?

There was once a family of cutlers in Stannington, on the edge of Sheffield, with the surname Furness, to whom I am related through the marriage of my auntie and Godmother, my father's younger sister. The Furness clan go back a long way, but originally made their way to Sheffield from the Derbyshire village of Eyam. Today, Eyam is a small, pretty village, but it is best known here in England for the selfless decision of the inhabitants, in 1665, to isolate themselves, after plague broke out, having arrived in a bundle of rags transported from London. A stark contrast to the situation here today, where infected people risk the lives of others, rather than miss a single day's pay :mad:

I thought you might like to see some photos of Eyam I took on a visit a couple of years back. ...
Thanks for the plague story and the fantastic photos, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Yes, those are the stocks Charlie :eek: They were often placed outside churches. I was reading, just yesterday, that folks who were clamped in them were referred to as 'Babes in the wood', quite clever I thought :thumbsup:
:rolleyes::D:p

Good Evening Guardians.
View attachment 1310128
Such an intriguing photo, Harvey, that really show off the beauty of your stag HHB! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
On (or in) what is the knife resting?

I think any pics of Cracker Jack I've posted in various threads this week have been pile side photos. Time for a mark side shot:
cj.mark.Vstand.lagoon.jpg

- GT

Knife, canine, and human are all quite photogenic, Ron! ;):thumbsup::cool:

I think any pics of Cracker Jack I've posted in various threads this week have been pile side photos. Time for a mark side shot:
cj-mark-vstand-lagoon-jpg.1311862
Thanks for the compliment Gary. :) Thanks also for the great outdoor photo of Cracker Jack. :thumbsup: Hope you and yours are staying safe and well my friend! :)

Verdant view of Lucy, and your Charlie Lamb pair is sensational, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Are you sure I'm NOT a few guys you knew in the '70s?? :rolleyes:
I hope the new med works out for you; so many stories I hear convince me that medicine is still more art than science, and there are practitioners who really aren't very gifted in the art.

Thanks Gary :D :thumbsup: I think you are quite right, and there are also practitioners who have cosied up to drug companies! o_O

You often get me searching the internet for more info; recently I did some "research" on King Arthur, and, in particular, theories on the location of Camelot. I happened to run across this: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...d-retired-professor-peter-field-a7489176.html
which I only mention because I think Huddersfield is part of Jack's "stomping (out fires ;)) grounds", isn't it? Maybe he'd like to eventually take a lambsfoot photo of a small Roman fort at Slack, to the west of Huddersfield in West Yorkshire.

That sounds like a future project :) Might have to wait a while though :rolleyes:

View attachment 1311862

- GT

Really splendid pic there GT! :) :thumbsup:

My hens have stepped up! Been getting about 4-5 eggs a day! They must have heard me talking about making some chicken noodle soup ;)
View attachment 1311904

LOL! :D Good time to have hens Taylor! :) Cool pic :thumbsup:

Lovely photo Harvey :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. The Three Stags Heads look a cozy place to have a pint or three. Your Hartshead looks great sunning itself in the grass. Sausage Rolls are the perfect start to the day. Excellent image of your Hartshead on a bed of defrosting blackberries.

JohnDF JohnDF - Your Lambfoot in the foreground with the wonderful out of focus background landscape is a spot on homage to the Jack Black Jack Black technique.:D

Half/Stop Half/Stop - Thank you Ron. Your WCLF is as beautiful as it is rare.

5K Qs 5K Qs - Thank you GT. It’s the Guardian SFO Ironwood. No file work. The HHB is resting on a large magnifying glass. That’s a cracking great image of your Cracker Jack.

Good Evening Guardians.

Hale Bros.
08A2C8C6-1E61-4818-8235-CA43F8AE040F_zpsnqtkfyzq.jpeg

Last edited:
Back