Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    :rolleyes: :D

Thanks Jack!

Jack Black likes this.
  2. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Ah, but it left a fond memory. :)

Jack Black likes this.
  3. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Or as Stan Lee used to say: "Excelsior!"

JohnDF and Jack Black like this.
  4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Certain things haven't changed much: height and weight are about the same, although my weight is "more centered" now than it was then; Army surplus clothes then, Goodwill now; blond hair then, gray hair now, looks about the same.

That lyrical misperception certainly changes the song's interpretation! :p:cool::thumbsup:

:D:thumbsup: Good ones, Vince and Dan!

Vince & @natchezz, the Spam & eggs look delectable! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Thanks for the "mug shot", @natchezz! :)

Verdant view of Lucy, and your Charlie Lamb pair is sensational, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Are you sure I'm NOT a few guys you knew in the '70s?? :rolleyes:
    I hope the new med works out for you; so many stories I hear convince me that medicine is still more art than science, and there are practitioners who really aren't very gifted in the art.

What a first-rate and formidable flock you have, Mike, including that micarta recover!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Superlative pics, Dan!! :cool::cool::thumbsup: It's good that you have an artistic consultant to guide you. ;)

Thanks for the kind words, Harvey; I think I've probably got a bit more patina than Black Jack does. ;) Great photo; which knife is that? My old eyes tell me to guess ironwood with filework, but I don't trust them. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the additional info on Frisians in England, David. :thumbsup::cool:

You often get me searching the internet for more info; recently I did some "research" on King Arthur, and, in particular, theories on the location of Camelot. I happened to run across this: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...d-retired-professor-peter-field-a7489176.html
    which I only mention because I think Huddersfield is part of Jack's "stomping (out fires ;)) grounds", isn't it? Maybe he'd like to eventually take a lambsfoot photo of a small Roman fort at Slack, to the west of Huddersfield in West Yorkshire.

A couple of days ago, I helped my wife clean up a bunch of the late-dropping oak leaves from over the winter, and we discovered a lot of tulip leaves poking up already, as well as some shoots from peonies and day (tiger) lilies. Maybe spring is arriving sooner than normal here, too.

Knife, canine, and human are all quite photogenic, Ron! ;):thumbsup::cool:

John, in these perilous times where "the rules" are changing almost daily, it's a great comfort to me to see your African rosewood each morning!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Betty and her slip are looking quite provocative, FBC! :rolleyes::thumbsup::cool:

I'll second that, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Sunny stag on the rocks is just what the doctor ordered, ED! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been following Ben Franklin's advice about early to bed and early to rise, but the HWW hasn't kicked in yet. :( You stag HHB is definitely paying off though, Dennis! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Your stag HHB sure does look great in the sunshine, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

ED, that knife is what makes me giddy just looking at it! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Are you SURE it's the bag of nutrients that causing your giddiness?

Thanks for the plague story and the fantastic photos, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

:rolleyes::D:p

Such an intriguing photo, Harvey, that really show off the beauty of your stag HHB! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
    On (or in) what is the knife resting?

I think any pics of Cracker Jack I've posted in various threads this week have been pile side photos. Time for a mark side shot:
    cj.mark.Vstand.lagoon.jpg

- GT

5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    That's not as bad as confusing " 'scuse me while I kiss this guy" for " 'scuse me while I kiss the sky" in one of Jimi Hendrix's songs! :p:D;)

6. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the compliment Gary. :) Thanks also for the great outdoor photo of Cracker Jack. :thumbsup: Hope you and yours are staying safe and well my friend! :)

Jack Black likes this.
  7. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    My hens have stepped up! Been getting about 4-5 eggs a day! They must have heard me talking about making some chicken noodle soup ;)
    MVIMG_20200329_130314.jpg

8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Gary :D :thumbsup: I think you are quite right, and there are also practitioners who have cosied up to drug companies! o_O

That sounds like a future project :) Might have to wait a while though :rolleyes:

Really splendid pic there GT! :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Good time to have hens Taylor! :) Cool pic :thumbsup:

TFBraden, Prester John and tmd_87 like this.
  9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I make my own rules. :D

Fresh eggs are a treat, Taylor. :cool::thumbsup:

cigarrodog, tmd_87 and Jack Black like this.
  10. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Banged out this little project this morning, a two knife pocket slip. Just have to finish the edges.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, donn, Ramrodmb and 16 others like this.
  11. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Those eggs look huge.

tmd_87 likes this.
  12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Well done John, it looks great :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

13. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Looks great! A two-lambsfoot slip, because no one can stop at just one! :D

Jack Black and JohnDF like this.
  14. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Nice looking eggs Taylor! The Lambsfoot ain’t bad either! :thumbsup: :D

tmd_87 likes this.
  15. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Speakers are better now. I always thought that "In my midnight confessions" was "In my remaginations".
    I need to check on Carmen et al, though.

Prester John likes this.
  16. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Crazy Chester said "I will fix your rack"? What rack? What's wrong with it?

Prester John likes this.
  17. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    They are! Somewhere between XL and L.

Jolipapa and JTB_5 like this.
  18. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks! Been supplementing then with egg shells for calcium. Tons of food scraps they are loving it.

Jack Black and Half/Stop like this.
  19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you. :)
    I actually had a #15 in there, but took it out so Jack wouldn't get mad. :p

Jack Black and WhittlinAway like this.
  20. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Jack. The Three Stags Heads look a cozy place to have a pint or three. Your Hartshead looks great sunning itself in the grass. Sausage Rolls are the perfect start to the day. Excellent image of your Hartshead on a bed of defrosting blackberries.

@JohnDF - Your Lambfoot in the foreground with the wonderful out of focus background landscape is a spot on homage to the @Jack Black technique.:D

@Half/Stop - Thank you Ron. Your WCLF is as beautiful as it is rare.

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. It’s the Guardian SFO Ironwood. No file work. The HHB is resting on a large magnifying glass. That’s a cracking great image of your Cracker Jack.

Good Evening Guardians.

Hale Bros.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020