Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Maybe it relates to the first verse in which the narrator is just looking for a bed. When I was in college, "hit the rack" was a common phrase for "go to bed" (some of my Korean War uncles used to say it, too, so maybe it's military as well). Could Crazy Chester be saying he'll fix a bed for the narrator if he agrees to take care of Jack, the dog?

- GT
"Well spotted, Bruce." That makes more sense than my idea that Chester was offering to enlarge our hero's bosoms.

H
It's a great pub Harvey, here's a pic I filched online :thumbsup:

4EpLR0m7W2-pPCXejEn6VIiKTmigwVOauXJZl4jB5IBdKA7D6YG1ryVpS-myH6jwb3a3s2oBEe9J1DfTGZlywDG0560LRbujSa94sVdYd4bqeoNM2CU

Great to see your Hale Brothers Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, the start of another unusual week! :rolleyes: I'm sure glad I didn't make any exciting birthday plans, but I certainly hadn't planned to spend it 'banged-up', so I'm grateful for your company folks :) Raining here at the moment, so I hope it brightens up enough later for me to have a stroll in the garden, or take the bins out or something :rolleyes: Hope everyone is doing OK, staying well, and keeping busy. Hope we all have a good week Guardians :) :thumbsup:

6zDpwAt.jpg
Happy belated birthday Jack. Hope you are well.

I made some tomato and lentil soup. I used a spoon to eat it, but it was so thick, I could have probably managed with my Lambsfoot :D :thumbsup:

n5QSdzH.jpg

It's definitely soup weather today Jack.
Happy Birthday!

Thanks for the additional info on Frisians in England, David. :thumbsup::cool:

You often get me searching the internet for more info; recently I did some "research" on King Arthur, and, in particular, theories on the location of Camelot. I happened to run across this: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...d-retired-professor-peter-field-a7489176.html
which I only mention because I think Huddersfield is part of Jack's "stomping (out fires ;)) grounds", isn't it? Maybe he'd like to eventually take a lambsfoot photo of a small Roman fort at Slack, to the west of Huddersfield in West Yorkshire.

I think any pics of Cracker Jack I've posted in various threads this week have been pile side photos. Time for a mark side shot:
View attachment 1311862

- GT

Thats great GT! There are quite a few places that claim to be possible sites of Camelot but Slack, in West Yorkshire, is a new one on me! :D:thumbsup:
I reckon Jack could dodge roadblocks and drones on a field trip and report back. Maybe draw the fabled Unicorn horn covered damascus bladed big'un from the stone. :D

Banged out this little project this morning, a two knife pocket slip. Just have to finish the edges.

Great work John! :thumbsup:

It's a great pub Harvey, here's a pic I filched online :thumbsup:

4EpLR0m7W2-pPCXejEn6VIiKTmigwVOauXJZl4jB5IBdKA7D6YG1ryVpS-myH6jwb3a3s2oBEe9J1DfTGZlywDG0560LRbujSa94sVdYd4bqeoNM2CU

6zDpwAt.jpg

That's the place! :thumbsup: The chair to left of the fire was mine. :D
Nice shot of your HHB :thumbsup:
I'm actually carrying my ironwood today but as Jack has posted a pic of the Three Stags pub I thought I'd post an old pic of a bottle of their fine Black Lurcher beer that is brewed especially for the Three Stags. :cool:
6Hl3UqU.jpg

Have a wonderful time today, Jack!
KhrmZe3.jpg

Many thanks Vince, great pic of your '19 :) :thumbsup:

It's definitely soup weather today Jack.
Happy Birthday!

Thats great GT! There are quite a few places that claim to be possible sites of Camelot but Slack, in West Yorkshire, is a new one on me! :D:thumbsup:
I reckon Jack could dodge roadblocks and drones on a field trip and report back. Maybe draw the fabled Unicorn horn covered damascus bladed big'un from the stone. :D

Great work John! :thumbsup:

That's the place! :thumbsup: The chair to left of the fire was mine. :D
Nice shot of your HHB :thumbsup:
I'm actually carrying my ironwood today but as Jack has posted a pic of the Three Stags pub I thought I'd post an old pic of a bottle of their fine Black Lurcher beer that is brewed especially for the Three Stags. :cool:
6Hl3UqU.jpg

Thanks a lot pal :) I was on the Leeds-Carlisle train a few years back, and there was a feller on the train giving a commentary to tourists on the way. At one bit, I forget where exactly, he pointed out of the window at a pile of stones, and told them all that's where King Arthur was born! :rolleyes: Thanks for having such faith in me David! :D Nice pic there my friend :thumbsup:

View attachment 1312295
Leaf blower was running like caca... Turns out a cracked fuel line was the culprit. Rosie along for all duties cutting related today.

Well, it made for an interesting pic at least :) :thumbsup:

Happy birthday, Jack! Have as good a day as you can, and I hope the crumble turns out well. :)

Have a good start to the week Guardians.

fD7PUJ3.jpg

Thank you Mike, that looks impressive :thumbsup:

Back