Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I suspect you’ll pick it back up soon! :thumbsup:
Should come back quickly, the skill is still in there somewhere. ;)

Pam’s working so, when she said it was break time, who was I to argue with her! ;) Peanut butter sammich, a Stag Lambsfoot and a cup of good hot English Tea! :thumbsup:

49720305191_8509f766f9_o_d.jpg
PBnJ... The perfect snack. :cool::thumbsup:

Looks even better with patina and scars. Makes me want to carry mine. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, I agree.

It is my favorite and likely most valuable knife (on the flippers market:cool:) in my collection, so I had a hard time convincing myself to carry and use it. But once I started there was no looking back.

Most of the patina came from slicing apples to make pies when we were temporarily living in an apartment last fall and much of our kitchen cutlery was in storage - given the choice between fresh pie or shiny knife I'm choosing pie every time!:D

Good morning Guardians! :) I hope y’all are safe and well. Pam’s working at home today, so I’m in the living room on my iPad, watching/listening to the morning news. I’ve got a Sambar wee ‘un close at hand! :D

49719370888_00f9c76e11_c_d.jpg

Very nice wee ‘un Ron :thumbsup: .

View attachment 1312769 With me at work again today.
Hope your day is going great Chuck, a lamb at your side certainly helps :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I doing my first online lectures, wish me luck.
I'll have my Lamb in my pocket to get me through it. :D

I'm still practicing my leather craft techniques. I've got the stitching down pretty good now, edging is also good, but I need to do more stamping... not perfectly lined up and could be much deeper. Practice, practice, practice... It's been a lot of years.

Very nice work John :thumbsup:
btw, how is the sourdough coming along, I may have to try it too :)

Good morning Guardians !

28hvOnW.jpg

I've lost just shy of 100-pounds since my journey started.:eek: I've gained about 2-pounds this last week but I need to put more weight on. To that end, I'm going to start drinking two beers a day.:D I think I'm going to start with a Dark Sierra Nevada Beer.:thumbsup: Beer gut soon to follow.:rolleyes:

kYMf7q1.jpg

Words to live by, my friend. :cool::thumbsup:

I'm throwing my WCLF into my pocket right now!

I've been thinking about trying my hand at some leather craft as well. Nothing too extravagant, but I saw a photo somewhere of a fishing lanyard that had a leather neck strap, some Paracord, and then a leather sheath for forceps. Seems like a reasonable beginner project and I decided to pack light when fishing my local streams this year.

bVZ4rJG.jpg

Cool photo, Jack; thanks for taking us into the time machine! :cool::cool:;)

Your stag HHB photo is Splendor in the Grass, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
The "feral" guinea pigs are too weird for words! :eek::rolleyes:
So you're banned from going out at all?? That's much more draconian than (my interpretation of?) the current rules here in Michigan. Going outdoors for exercise is acceptable, as long as 6' social distance is maintained. I've walked a total of over 92 miles in the past 2 weeks; I don't know what I'll do if I can't get out for a 1-2 hour walk each day!

That looks healthy, hearty, and delicious, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Lam Jack 2017 horn Guardians lambsfoot for me this week (thanks, @mrknife):
View attachment 1312747

- GT

Thanks GT, I've aged badly since then! :eek: :D

Zm1bZ5Z.jpg

Thank you :) Yes, the guinea pigs are very weird! :eek: We didn't know they were there until we came back to the car, and fortunately, noticed someone else shooing them out from under his! Their survival instincts aren't great :rolleyes:

Bad news on Slack :rolleyes: Nice to see you eating healthy my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) I hope y’all are safe and well. Pam’s working at home today, so I’m in the living room on my iPad, watching/listening to the morning news. I’ve got a Sambar wee ‘un close at hand! :D

49719370888_00f9c76e11_c_d.jpg

Great to see your Wee Staggy Ron! :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 1312769 With me at work again today.

That's taking on some nice character Chuck :thumbsup:

Good luck, Jack.
Beautiful lamb to assist you today. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, I never tire of seeing that! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I doing my first online lectures, wish me luck.
I'll have my Lamb in my pocket to get me through it. :D

I'm still practicing my leather craft techniques. I've got the stitching down pretty good now, edging is also good, but I need to do more stamping... not perfectly lined up and could be much deeper. Practice, practice, practice... It's been a lot of years.

I hope the lecture went well John :) Wow, that's a great pic, nice work :cool: :thumbsup:

Pam’s working so, when she said it was break time, who was I to argue with her! ;) Peanut butter sammich, a Stag Lambsfoot and a cup of good hot English Tea! :thumbsup:

49720305191_8509f766f9_o_d.jpg

Great stuff Ron ! :D :) I didn't manage to find any flour this morning, and the best I could get was some just above average granary supermarket bread, but after several days without my morning toast, I went home and polished off 4 slices! :D :thumbsup:

This one was just PB John! ;) Luckily I had gone to Sam’s a couple of days before the panic buying started. I got two large jars of PB, two large jars of Grape Jelly and two large jars of Strawberry Jam. :eek:

For some reason I read that as 'picnic buying'! :rolleyes: :D

Hey Guardians. Switched back to the Ebony WCLF for the day.

JKOyBE8.jpg

Looking GOOD! :cool: :thumbsup:

...given the choice between fresh pie or shiny knife I'm choosing pie every time!:D

Definitely! :D Spoken like a true Guardian! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians !

28hvOnW.jpg

Top pic Dan :cool: :thumbsup:

I'm throwing my WCLF into my pocket right now!

Smashing John, I'm enjoying seeing your work my friend :)

It doesn't seem to be "reacting" like it should. :(

Hope it picks up John :thumbsup:

I've lost just shy of 100-pounds since my journey started.:eek: I've gained about 2-pounds this last week but I need to put more weight on. To that end, I'm going to start drinking two beers a day.:D I think I'm going to start with a Dark Sierra Nevada Beer.:thumbsup: Beer gut soon to follow.:rolleyes:

kYMf7q1.jpg

I couldn't help, but notice you had lost weight Ed. What a great solution! :D :thumbsup:

I've been thinking about trying my hand at some leather craft as well. Nothing too extravagant, but I saw a photo somewhere of a fishing lanyard that had a leather neck strap, some Paracord, and then a leather sheath for forceps. Seems like a reasonable beginner project and I decided to pack light when fishing my local streams this year.

bVZ4rJG.jpg

Sounds interesting :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day. I've been really busy again! :rolleyes:

Very few attended. I hope I get more at 11:00.

Thank you. It's bound to get better and better. ;)

Is that you, Jack?

Thanks for indulging me. :D
This slip seems to be made for the WCLF. ;)

That's a shame after you've put the work in :(

In another life ;) :thumbsup:

Nice, those two go together like sausages and bread! :D :) :thumbsup:

Very few attended. I hope I get more at 11:00.

This slip seems to be made for the WCLF. ;)

Nice sheath John. If I were ordering one from you, I would prefer your stamp on the other side so as not to interrupt the overall look of the sheath with the knife inserted. I'd call the side with the knife showing the "Mark Side" just as on a knife.

Back