Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning Guardians and Knights! I’m ready to make bread. This recipe calls for 454 grams of starter.
rD2neTe.jpg

Dreaming of fun and enjoyable things to come...

Perhaps I'll spend some time reorganizing all my fly boxes. :):thumbsup:

Cool pic John :thumbsup:

A couple of days ago, when I was making my store-cupboard chilli, there was a moment of extreme disquiet at Grumble Towers (picture me running around the kitchen open-mouthed in slow-motion)!!! :eek: Was it going to be one crisis too far??!!!! :eek:

ILGl3H9.jpg

But...

aGTZj44.jpg

Victory was snatched from the jaws of defeat!! :) :) :) :thumbsup:

The situation here is even more confused it seems, nobody seems to know the heck is going on? o_O Thanks a lot Ron :) :thumbsup:

Looking good pal ;) :thumbsup:
So you’re sorta trying to say the clowns are running the circus! :rolleyes: Thanks for the compliment Jack! :)

A simple breakfast of eggs and fruit.
Good looking breakfast John! :thumbsup: Better looking Lambsfoot! ;)

I’m enjoying all this talk of boots. My 15 year old pair of Carolina work boots went to the cobbler for resoling shortly before the shelter-in-place order and they’re still there. I suspect they’ll be there a while. Fortunately, they see rare and light use, so their absence is not a burden. I do hope the cobbler is fairing OK though. He’s a nice guy and does good work.

On the sourdough front, I’ve reached the final step of the process I’ve been following. It should be ready to try for its first bread in the next day or so.

xzRWD0kh.jpg

Can it achieve a full GUARDIAN rise today? We’ll find out!
Beautiful Horn Greg! :thumbsup: Good luck with your starter! :)

A couple of days ago, when I was making my store-cupboard chilli, there was a moment of extreme disquiet at Grumble Towers (picture me running around the kitchen open-mouthed in slow-motion)!!! :eek: Was it going to be one crisis too far??!!!! :eek:

ILGl3H9.jpg

But...

aGTZj44.jpg

Jack, I know exactly the feeling you were experiencing my friend. It’s the same one I experienced today when we started making our lunch sandwiches! “What!” :eek: “No Dukes!” :eek: I immediately went to the storage closet and low and behold there was a brand new quart jar of Dukes! :D All is now well in the land of “Shelter In Place!” :rolleyes: :D

27C89927-D7A2-4024-B3A3-5EC8762FF472.jpeg

ILGl3H9.jpg

But...

aGTZj44.jpg

Happy for ya, Jack, and thanks for the sports!

Jack, I know exactly the feeling you were experiencing my friend. It’s the same one I experienced today when we started making our lunch sandwiches! “What!” :eek: “No Dukes!” :eek: I immediately went to the storage closet and low and behold there was a brand new quart jar of Dukes! :D All is now well in the land of “Shelter In Place!” :rolleyes: :D

View attachment 1315399
Me, too, sort of. Just got back from the store and noticed I forgot to get the Gorgonzola cheese! But got bread, wine, milk, coffee, jalapeños, etc.

Truth... :D:thumbsup:

I'm glad you got to get outside. Beautiful picture as usual. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you, Harvey. :)

Oooh... I really like that picture.
Not sure why, but it really stands out to me. Probably the leather... :D

Thank you, Jack. :)
My Brother-in-Law builds wood outdoor furniture.
I told him (jokingly) I'd like a really big 10 foot picnic table.
Wouldn't you know he actually showed up with it one day. Really good guy.

Here's a better picture of my old dog, named Jack, Jack. :D

I like the switch-up, Jack. Keep things interesting. ;)
Hope you find more interesting things to keep you busy today.

Beautiful stag on your Hartshead. :cool::thumbsup:
Hope you're having a good day, Big Bill.
Thanks John, Back at you.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

That was too close for comfort...
Headlines: Man arrested after breaking lockdown rules for Henderson's. :D

Scary stuff Ron! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 1315399

That's a relief Ron, a feller's gotta have a few comforts ;) :D :thumbsup:

I don't often eat ice cream, but we live in unusual times :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

tIIguoF.jpg

Happy for ya, Jack, and thanks for the sports!

Thanks a lot buddy, I thought that you and a couple of the other guys would appreciate that :) :thumbsup:

Me, too, sort of. Just got back from the store and noticed I forgot to get the Gorgonzola cheese! But got bread, wine, milk, coffee, jalapeños, etc.

Sounds like a good run Vince, I'm out of bread and beer! :( Thankfully, I've got pikelets, wine, and a lot of whisky! ;) :D :thumbsup:

I hope the cobbler survives OK Greg. Here, I doubt a lot of small businesses will :(

Good luck with your first sourdough my friend :) Good-looking horn on your Guardians Lambsfoot :cool: :thumbsup:

I do, too, Jack, and I have the same fear.

Thanks for the kinds words about the horn. That was a might good batch you made!

Beautiful Horn Greg! :thumbsup: Good luck with your starter!

Thanks, Ron! I think every one from that SFO run was amazing.

And, thank you both for the well wishes for my first sourdough batch! I'm excited!

Speaking of sourdough....

Good morning Guardians and Knights! I’m ready to make bread. This recipe calls for 454 grams of starter.
rD2neTe.jpg

I see that Dave is about to show us novitiates how it's done! :D Glad to see there's a lovely lambsfoot guarding the starter! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back