Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I've been enjoying using this little Worksharp @Reaper AL kindly gifted me a while back :) I keep it on my coffee table in a small canvas bag, and it allows me to touch up my knives without having to get all my sharpening gear out :thumbsup:

Nice Sunday Special Ron ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks my friend! :)

First product of my sourdough starter: waffles!

uYT2H9Xh.jpg
Looks delicious Greg! :)

Popular with hipster types here, and cost way north of £100 a pair o_O My granddad used to wear them :rolleyes:

They were expensive back when I was in school, too. I remember my parents refused to buy me a pair when everyone was wearing them in junior high. :D

Looks like you got your money's worth Barrett, but that's poor construction isn't it? My first pair of really good boots were Blake-sewn Scarpas, and I got tens of thousands of miles out of them over 10 years. When it got to the point the tread was so worn they needed replacing, they were still as solid as when I bought them, but by then I wasn't having to pay for my boots ;) :thumbsup:

Yeah, I bought those boots when I was in high school and got nearly 10 years out of them (and I used to hike/backpack a lot more back then!). They worked great for me, but probably weren’t the highest quality boots out there. They were made by Dunham, which was an independent American boot company that dated back to the 1880s, but since the 1990s has been bought and sold by a variety of larger shoe companies (I think they’re owned by New Balance now).

I bet they thought “Hendo’s” would be better for a hashtag. #hendos :rolleyes: :D

Nice looking pair of boots there, David! :thumbsup:

Doc Martens were the “cool” thing to have back when I was in junior high and high school, but I can’t think of the last time I’ve seen someone wearing them.

:D :D

This is what my old pair of boots (purchased around 2001 and replace about 10 years ago) looked like when I finally retired them. :eek: :D

7uuwIYa.jpg

They have it at the bigger Walmarts up here, but that’s about it. Last time we were back in Arkansas a bought a couple jars; much easier to find it there. :thumbsup:

Here’s a recycled Lambsfoot photo, my Hartshead Barlow and a bottle opener that was a gift from Jack Black Jack Black (mounted on the wall near my “beer fridge”).

jnrihlt.jpg

Nice pictures, and I think we have all wore out boots like that one. :)

@mitch4ging - Thank you kindly, Dennis. Very nice and appealing image of your Tacos. Juicy beef, onions, and cilantro. MMMM.

@5K Qs - Thank you GT. Your Lam Jack Looks very nice in those two closeups.

Jack Black Jack Black - I can smell the fragrance and hear the sizzle in your breaking fast.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1316281

Not sure if that first picture is virus or bank robbery themed my friend??? :)

I bet they thought “Hendo’s” would be better for a hashtag. #hendos :rolleyes: :D

Nice looking pair of boots there, David! :thumbsup:

Doc Martens were the “cool” thing to have back when I was in junior high and high school, but I can’t think of the last time I’ve seen someone wearing them.

:D :D

This is what my old pair of boots (purchased around 2001 and replace about 10 years ago) looked like when I finally retired them. :eek: :D

7uuwIYa.jpg

They have it at the bigger Walmarts up here, but that’s about it. Last time we were back in Arkansas a bought a couple jars; much easier to find it there. :thumbsup:

Here’s a recycled Lambsfoot photo, my Hartshead Barlow and a bottle opener that was a gift from Jack Black Jack Black (mounted on the wall near my “beer fridge”).

jnrihlt.jpg
Very nice gift from our leader Jack and you HHB looks stunning.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

They were expensive back when I was in school, too. I remember my parents refused to buy me a pair when everyone was wearing them in junior high. :D

Yeah, I bought those boots when I was in high school and got nearly 10 years out of them (and I used to hike/backpack a lot more back then!). They worked great for me, but probably weren’t the highest quality boots out there. They were made by Dunham, which was an independent American boot company that dated back to the 1880s, but since the 1990s has been bought and sold by a variety of larger shoe companies (I think they’re owned by New Balance now).

You're lucky brother, my father refused to buy me shoes/boots period! :eek: o_O

View attachment 1316297 View attachment 1316298
Happy Sunday Guardians! Awesome storm rolling through my area, I went and I did a curbside pickup, got some take n' bake puzzas...YUM! Enjoying a nice stout!

Hopefully it'll blow all the germs away Taylor ;) Great pics my friend :thumbsup:

My Lamb Foot on a geo cache walk with my Granddaughter.
View attachment 1316318

That's taking on some great character Chuck, hope you had a nice time :thumbsup:

Hard working knives deserve to be pampered every once in a while. That means.... Spa Day!

My three most hard working lambsfoot knives each got some TLC this afternoon. Each knife received essentially the same treatment. The order of operations differed a bit, but each luxuriated in:

Deep Cleaning
e0pFE5Sh.jpg

I used Goof Off to remove any residual gunk from slicing through plastic shipping tape. Then I oiled and flushed their joints. The rosewood one pictured above had a bunch of gunk come out of the joint. It had been getting really catchy while opening recently, so it was a relief to see that clear and then feel a nice smooth action after that on opening and closing.

Edge Touch Up
Each knife received a touch-up on the KME sharpening system followed by power stropping on the leather honing wheel of my Tormek.

FojFFjah.jpg

The Hartshead had a nice edge that had been originally set with the KME, so I worked it through the 600 and 1500 grit stones before stropping on the Tormek to bring it back to the way I'd originally set it.

The other two had most recently had their bevels set on the Tormek, which gave them a slightly hollow grind. That made touching them up on the KME with the 600 grit stone super quick: there was very little contact between the steel and the stone.

After finishing up with the leather honing wheel they were all shaving sharp. Just the way I like them.

Conditioning
Their handles all were treated with homemade wood balm that contains beeswax and mineral oil. I routinely use this on the buffalo horn one and figured it'd help up the luster on the wood handles as well. I slathered it on, let it sit, and then buffed it off with a cloth.

3lzgQi2h.jpg

Relaxing
Here's the happy trio, basking in the afterglow of their spa day:

SLPkJxSh.jpg

Tomorrow it'll be back to hard work. :)

Last edited:
Hard working knives deserve to be pampered every once in a while. That means.... Spa Day!

My three most hard working lambsfoot knives each got some TLC this afternoon. Each knife received essentially the same treatment. The order of operations differed a bit, but each luxuriated in:

Deep Cleaning
e0pFE5Sh.jpg

I used Goof Off to remove any residual gunk from slicing through plastic shipping tape. Then I oiled and flushed their joints. The rosewood one pictured above had a bunch of gunk come out of the joint. It had been getting really catchy while opening recently, so it was a relief to see that clear and then feel a nice smooth action after that on opening and closing.

Edge Touch Up
Each knife received a touch-up on the KME sharpening system followed by power stropping on the leather honing wheel of my Tormek.

FojFFjah.jpg

The Hartshead had a nice edge that had been originally set with the KME, so I worked it through the 600 and 1500 grit stones before stropping on the Tormek to bring it back to the way I'd originally set it.

The other two had most recently had their bevels set on the Tormek, which gave them a slightly hollow grind. That made touching them up on the KME with the 600 grit stone super quick: there was very little contact between the steel and the stone.

After finishing up with the leather honing wheel they were all shaving sharp. Just the way I like them.

Conditioning
Their handles all were treated with homemade wood balm that contains beeswax and mineral oil. I've routinely use thing on the buffalo horn one and figured it'd help up the luster on the wood handles as well. I slathered it on, let it set, and then buffed it off with a cloth.

3lzgQi2h.jpg

Relaxing
Here's the happy trio, basking in the afterglow of their spa day:

SLPkJxSh.jpg

Tomorrow it'll be back to hard work. :)
Super job!!! They look like they're ready to be put to work again. :cool::thumbsup:

Back