Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

This thread is making me hungry.
Is that a line from a Woody Allen movie?

I took a bunch of pics of this one today. Hard to pick a good one but I think I was able to capture some nice golden tones.

T1IK4z3.jpg
Wonderful photo, Dylan. :cool::thumbsup:

Another day at work, walls closing in so I take the old school IPod and Lamb for a walk at lunch time.
View attachment 1317580

Stay safe Chuck :) :thumbsup:

Stopping by on my way to bed just to announce that my lambsfoot this week is my LamBarJack, one of the rosewood Hartshead lambsfoot Barlows:
View attachment 1317671

- GT

Is that the second one GT? :thumbsup:

I just went outside to walk my dog and saw the beautiful moon .... then I am reading the Guardians and see your post ... I am like , let me take a pic of the moon... quick !
I am afraid to share it lol .... I think I have to read the manual for my iphone too :D

Good evening Guardians ( and Knights :) )

Day 2 of the starter :) :thumbsup::)
We shall see, I still need a baking stone and a couple more supplies but with most stores closed now except for essential needs I am not sure when I'll be able to buy them.
In the mean time, I'll work an getting the starter going :thumbsup:
I8lcOhy.jpg

It is really bright isn't it Dan?! :eek: :D I have had my camera at least a couple of years, it only came with basic instructions, I need to go online and read up on it at some point :rolleyes: Good luck with your sourdough :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. Fine drams, indeed! You more than make up for lack of scenery with your countryside pics - always good to see your country. Also very good to see how your Hartshead is aging.

I took a bunch of pics of this one today. Hard to pick a good one but I think I was able to capture some nice golden tones.

T1IK4z3.jpg

Thank you kindly my friend, golden image :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, took me a while to work out what day it was! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is keeping well :) I'm still thinking about the pie I had yesterday, really made my day! :D Hope to get back to some slingshot practice today :) Take care Guardians :thumbsup:

IKzX1C8.jpg

I too have a pair of ten year old Alt-Berg Tethra and they are without doubt the best boots I have ever owned. Yorkshire made too! As a Lancastrian I have to admit that Yorkshire does make the best boots and pocket knives!

It used to do the better beer to but I'm glad to say Lancashire has definitely caught up in the last few years. And it's cheaper as well. :D

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Blacks are absolutely terrible these days, owned by JD Sports o_O The staff haven't got a clue have they? :rolleyes:

I don't think they care. The manufacturers probably use whatever is cheapest. I remember getting some samples from 5.10 years ago. I could see straight away they weren't going to be up to much (and I noticed the upper of one model was identical to a Nike shoe). They had a really pushy rep, and when I pointed out the poor standard of fit and finish, with glue all over the place, he smartly replied, "Well, that's your guarantee the sole has been stuck on!" :rolleyes:The soles of both pairs turned into cream cheese in record time (I forget what this process is called 'hydro' something or other)! o_O

Nice pic David :) :thumbsup:

Oh yeah Blacks are awful, and Cotswold aren't much better. I'm glad I've not got this urge to constantly buy outdoor kit I don't need.:D
I watched a documentary a few years ago about footwear being made in China for the big western brands. The chap who ran the factory was talking about the reputation of Chinese made goods and was quite upset about the poor reputation they had. He said it's not who makes them that's the problem; the workforce make the products to exacting standards in accordance with the design instructions and materials specified by the companies who place the contract.
In other words don't blame the worker blame the cost cutting board members in our own countries who are selling overpriced tat.

View attachment 1316679 Old boots and new knife.

Good grief WDJ looks like you've got far more miles on yours than I have on mine. :thumbsup: I sent mine off to Alt-Berg for a resole last year, and they did a good job. Unfortunately the leather on mine is beginning to crack which is beginning to leak ever so slightly.

In this case the foam disintegrated. Despite my best effort to leave no trace, I probably left a bit on the trail. :(

I hope some Park Ranger didn't find it and think "aww no some poor blokes been eaten by a bear and all it spat out was the sole of his shoe". :D

I like it when Guardians use everyday items as backgrounds,
but then it takes me a minute to figure out what the heck it is. :cool::thumbsup:

It takes me more than minute John :D
I just went back to David's post and STUDIED the pic carefully ..... NOW I get it :D

We should do a 'guess the background' competition. :D

I too like an even grayish patina on a blade but if a knife is used for fruit or other messy things and the patina is legit, there's nothing wrong with a dark, splotchy patina such as on this Lamb used for cutting up oranges for my smoothie the other day. I'll just leave it (the patina) on and over time it'll blend in with other added patinas as time goes on.

vmDEMGg.jpg

I never touch a patina; I just leave it as it is after drying and wiping the blade down (usually on my trousers).:)

A large Lambsfoot certainly makes a dandy Spam slicer! :thumbsup: :)

49742444438_7e9d04e7e6_o_d.jpg

I knew I should of taken a pic of my spam butties yesterday.:D

That sounds great Ron, I used to make toasted sandwiches for my kids, but with corned beer and English Cheddar :) :thumbsup:

Now why have I never thought of that. :)

I just came from outside from shooting some slingshot :) , I was finally able to set up my catch box in my backyard
It's HOT lol, 14 celsius which is like 57.2 F :D

chdqo5jt.png

pywAS5v.jpg

I used my trusty Jelly Bean :) (my aim was neither trusty or HOT but I had fun :) )

VAqbA1Z.jpg

That's a great set up you have there; just the sort of thing I was thinking of.

I took a nice hike today.
dhp5YIy.jpg

IWcSTJM.jpg

I like the camera. More outdoor shots please Dave; it looks like you live in a nice part of the world. :thumbsup:

Good morning all. It's Wednesday I believe.:thumbsup:
No picture from me at the mo' as Imgur is being a little *&!% :rolleyes:

Oh yeah Blacks are awful, and Cotswold aren't much better. I'm glad I've not got this urge to constantly buy outdoor kit I don't need.:D
I watched a documentary a few years ago about footwear being made in China for the big western brands. The chap who ran the factory was talking about the reputation of Chinese made goods and was quite upset about the poor reputation they had. He said it's not who makes them that's the problem; the workforce make the products to exacting standards in accordance with the design instructions and materials specified by the companies who place the contract.
In other words don't blame the worker blame the cost cutting board members in our own countries who are selling overpriced tat.

Yes, I think anyone who thinks they're going to get 'expert advice' in the vast majority of outdoor shops is as deluded as someone who thinks they're going to get expert advice on Grand Cru claret from the lass behind the till in the supermarket. If anything the lass in the supermarket will be on better wages :rolleyes:

I think that's quite right David, and probably as true of knives as anything else. Years ago, I was talking to a feller who had been the buyer for Wakefield's Army Stores in the 1970's. He told me that they used to ask Chinese manufacturers to put a full extra pound of steel in the shank of each boot, so people would pick them up, weigh them in their hand, and say 'Now that's a quality boot!" It worked too :rolleyes:

Now why have I never thought of that. :)

A match made in heaven! :) I came up with the idea when I was 20, based on what was in my fridge :rolleyes: My kids still have them! :D :thumbsup:

T1IK4z3.jpg
Take my word for it Dylan! :thumbsup: You definitely picked a good one! ;) :D

Morning Guardians, took me a while to work out what day it was! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is keeping well :) I'm still thinking about the pie I had yesterday, really made my day! :D Hope to get back to some slingshot practice today :) Take care Guardians :thumbsup:

IKzX1C8.jpg
Good morning Jack! A nice photo of your HHB to start the day! :thumbsup: :D

I knew I should of taken a pic of my spam butties yesterday.:D
Don’t worry David! I’m sure we’ll all have plenty of opportunities to photograph Spam in the coming weeks! ;) I’ve eaten Spam my entire life and we always have a couple of cans in the cabinet. It really is a good item to have on hand. Maybe now more than ever! :thumbsup: :D

Good morning to all my fellow Guardians! :) I hope y’all are managing well in these trying times! I’ve decided to carry my Ironwood Big ‘un this morning. I hope y’all are okay with a recycled photo, because I’m feeling sorta lazy this morning! ;) Be safe my friends! :D

49646930628_d4597a920e_o_d.jpg

Day 2 of the starter :) :thumbsup::)
We shall see, I still need a baking stone and a couple more supplies but with most stores closed now except for essential needs I am not sure when I'll be able to buy them.
In the mean time, I'll work an getting the starter going :thumbsup:
I8lcOhy.jpg

Another one teetering on the edge of the vortex, just about to get sucked in... :D

Welcome to the kitchen science fair! I hope you have as much fun with it as I have been.

I'm still thinking about the pie I had yesterday, really made my day!

I’m glad you were able to find a slice you enjoyed so much! Given the choice, I’d choose pie over cake any day. :thumbsup:

I hope some Park Ranger didn't find it and think "aww no some poor blokes been eaten by a bear and all it spat out was the sole of his shoe". :D

LOL!

Have a good Wednesday, Guardians! I’ll be carrying my trusty buffalo horn lambsfoot today. The oil and wax from its spa day has left it feeling very smooth. It’s amazing how the scuffs accumulated over the years can change the feel. I certainly wouldn’t undo all that use to keep it pristine, though!

Good morning to all my fellow Guardians! :) I hope y’all are managing well in these trying times! I’ve decided to carry my Ironwood Big ‘un this morning. I hope y’all are okay with a recycled photo, because I’m feeling sorta lazy this morning! ;) Be safe my friends! :D

49646930628_d4597a920e_o_d.jpg

Looks good Ron :) :thumbsup:

Another one teetering on the edge of the vortex, just about to get sucked in... :D

:D :thumbsup:

I’m glad you were able to find a slice you enjoyed so much! Given the choice, I’d choose pie over cake any day. :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :thumbsup:

Just having some mature cheddar on rye ;)

yL2AnrN.jpg

I like the camera. More outdoor shots please Dave; it looks like you live in a nice part of the world. :thumbsup:
Thank you David. I am very fortunate to live in a relatively rural corner of New England. That picture was taken near the Appalachian Trail, which runs through my town for a short way. Most of the peaks are wooded, so not as dramatic as the Lake District!

Thanks buddy! Your cheddar toast looks mighty tasty! :D

Thanks Ron, it made a tasty snack ;) Think I'm going to make bangers 'n' mash for tea :D :thumbsup:

After a busy yard day yesterday I woke up a little sore. I have my trusty blade today for another round of "honey doo's".
View attachment 1317846

I know that feeling Bill! :rolleyes: I've just been out in my own Guardian, but have come in again for now, as I'd rather listen to the radio than listen to my elderly neighbour's eccentric gardener hedge-trimming, talking nonsense, tunelessly whistling, and constantly expectorating o_O

Thank you David. I am very fortunate to live in a relatively rural corner of New England. That picture was taken near the Appalachian Trail, which runs through my town for a short way. Most of the peaks are wooded, so not as dramatic as the Lake District!

Sounds like a nice place to be David, particularly at the moment :thumbsup:

The moon talk reminded me of one of my favorite early shots of my first lambsfoot, the one that’ll be my pocket today.

65rte9Sh.jpg

Looking back at my photos to find this one, I saw many knives that have moved on. This one isn’t going anywhere. Ever. :)

Cool pic Greg, it's nice to see it again :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, it made a tasty snack ;) Think I'm going to make bangers 'n' mash for tea :D :thumbsup:

I know that feeling Bill! :rolleyes: I've just been out in my own Guardian, but have come in again for now, as I'd rather listen to the radio than listen to my elderly neighbour's eccentric gardener hedge-trimming, talking nonsense, tunelessly whistling, and constantly expectorating o_O

Sounds like a nice place to be David, particularly at the moment :thumbsup:

Cool pic Greg, it's nice to see it again :) :thumbsup:
I can identify with you Jack.:thumbsup:

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

I feel you Bill! ;) Seems to be a little rougher the older we get! :rolleyes: That is some beautiful Sambar on your Hartshead my friend! :thumbsup: :cool:
Hi Ron, thanks for the compliment on my HHB stag. I still do most of my home chores but I've relegated the neighbor boy to climb ladders to clean out my gutters. He works cheap!:D

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Back