Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Well, last time I was reading posts from this thread, there was lots of "boots talk". That doesn't seem to be a current topic anymore, but no one has ever accused me of being a with-it, up-to-date, hep-cat, current kind of guy, so I'm going to post a couple of pics of my lambsfoot carry this week, LamBarJack, with my most recent boots. I ordered these made-in-China boots from Tractor Supply on January 2 or 3 this year. I've been VERY happy with them so far! :thumbsup::thumbsup: They felt good from Day 1, and the only breaking-in I dealt with was deciding how to tie them. The laces on the very top pair of loops seem to cut into the front of my ankles if I tie the knot at the top, but I've been quite pleased with doing the top loops first and the next-to-top pair last, and placing the knot farther down toward my foot. Good firm sole, but still enough flex to be comfortable for miles at a time. I have over 600 miles on them already, and they still look good as new: the treads are hard enough to not wear away immediately (even with most of my miles on concrete sidewalks) and the inner soles and liners show no wear yet. They're waterproof, but in snowy or rainy weather, I usually wear a pair of 4" high stretch rubber "galoshes" over the boots.
View attachment 1318931

View attachment 1318932

- GT
The good thing about cowboy boots is there ain't no laces to tie. Of course, they wasn't meant for hiking.... :D:D:D

Vince, when I was a boy, I dealt with a lot of cows, but I've never had genuine cowboy boots! :rolleyes:

- GT
:eek::eek::eek:

Actually, I've only worn them when young and old-- didn't wear them as a young adult. My father always wore them (I had to shine them!), but I didn't start wearing them regularly till a few years ago. I love them, but I change into sandals in the evening.

Nice wallet Dennis, and it's lasted the test of time :)
It lasted 40 years... I'd say that's in anybody's league. :cool::thumbsup:
It's nice to know that other Guardians are out there doing leather with me. :)
Thanks, gents! Hope it will come back to shakey hands!:cool:
I'm going to pickup where I left off yesterday with strat week.
wkWr9V2.jpg
:D:thumbsup:
And a cool photo as well!
Dwight!!
Good to see your great looking post!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are safe and well this morning! :) I’ve got my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow SFO from Jack this morning! :D :thumbsup:

49753119882_e2b3c5f2b7_o_d.jpg
Your HHB dressed in Rosewood is looking grand, Ron!
Good morning Guardians, I very much hope that you all are well.
View attachment 1318493
Wonderful picture, Bill! Love the stag with the tree texture thing going on!:thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
As a Social Science major, it's been very interesting to see everybody's different reactions to isolation.
I think Introverts are blossoming and dealing with it well, while it is driving the Extroverts absolutely insane.
I see people eating better, spending time with daily walks and runs, finding new ways to entertain themselves, and reconnecting with family.

There is always a silver lining if we look for it. :):thumbsup:
Well...there's always one of you positive types hanging around!
Ok then, outside in the backyard this morning enjoying playing with the dogs!
arYTh1I.jpg
GWoacvx.jpg

And a song for John!

Good morning, Guardians! Things are really coming to a head(stock) here in strat week!

Have a good day everyone, and stay safe out there!

IloK3ov.jpg
Man, your on fire, Matt! We won't need to fret none with you here!:cool::thumbsup:
Did someone say Hartshead Day??

Y0pY9uv.jpg
Dynamic duo, Ed!!:cool::thumbsup:
Morning Guardians. Little slow to get up this morning, but it's time to start the day :)

XiQhVHx.jpg
Great looking covers on your HHB, Dan!!
Oh no, I'm out of step! :eek: :D :thumbsup:
Never, your HHB remains the battle call for all! (of course, of all days not to carry!:eek::D)
Page 1900! Here's all four:
69mP04u.jpg
Indeed!:cool::thumbsup: Very cool shot, Vince!
:cool: 1900 pages of Lambie goodness :D Well done Guardians :) :thumbsup:

z9Pbyrg.jpg
I dare say I might be able to find a few more I've missed too ;)

YIweNnV.jpg
Incredible flock, Jack! One more fantastic than the next!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Well, I guess we're doing multiple Lambs now. Here's some of my herd.

FYLR8ss.jpg
Wonderful flock yourself, Ed!:cool::thumbsup:
My herd is small but mighty...
Start with some quality pieces, then add as you go, I always say! Fine shot, John!;):thumbsup:
Here is my heard of Lambs!
mvimg_20200405_180857-jpg.1318696
Definitely great ones, Taylor!:):thumbsup:
A couple of lovely shots! That's some nice stag!:cool::thumbsup:
Are we showing off our flocks today?
AdHAt6w.jpg
Terrific stuff, Rachel!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Lunch at my desk today with a little help
upload_2020-4-9_15-48-7-jpeg.1318742
A fine helper to graze with, Chuck!:cool::thumbsup:
Good Afternoon Guardians. Be Safe.
963C0C6B-2873-4CB3-8E90-D4FEDA31979A_zpsneive7ay.jpeg

Red Sky at night...
8D23A0F4-CFDF-428F-BB03-73C8F1523F99_zpsnvzakeum.jpeg
Stunning photographs, Harvey!!:eek:
"Red sky at night....neighbor take flight"?:eek::D
I hope y’all know I’m awfully busy sheltering in place! ;) But I’m proud to share my flock with my fellow Guardians this evening! :D Please be safe out there Guardians! :thumbsup:

40770636323_8c30474e92_o_d.jpg
Wow!! Another fabulous flock, Ron!:eek::thumbsup:

Following along with the HHB lead, they do make beautiful music!:cool::thumbsup:
pNgTJou.jpg

Have a Happy Friday, All!

Last edited:
:D:thumbsup:
And a cool photo as well!
Man, your on fire, Matt! We won't need to fret none with you here!:cool::thumbsup:
Following along with the HHB lead, they do make beautiful music!:cool::thumbsup:
pNgTJou.jpg

Lol, thank you, Dennis! I feel like I've been stringing folks along all week! :D

Couple of beautiful dulcimers you have there! And the HHB ain't too bad, either! :thumbsup:

Good to see that one Dylan, and in that beautiful setting :) :thumbsup:

Beautiful Horn ‘17 Guardians Lambsfoot there Dylan! :thumbsup: :D

Beautiful picture in the great outdoors. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you so much, fellas! So many fine pictures today from all!

So good to see you, Randy! I hope you are keeping well, my friend!

Well, I didn't know it was Hartshead day or flock day... I did ok on the former but the latter I'll have to wait until the morrow to post an updated pic.

bSZvNTu.jpg

Thank you so much, fellas! So many fine pictures today from all!

So good to see you, Randy! I hope you are keeping well, my friend!

Well, I didn't know it was Hartshead day or flock day... I did ok on the former but the latter I'll have to wait until the morrow to post an updated pic.

bSZvNTu.jpg
Dylan, your Sambar Hartshead looks absolutely fabulous with that Winchester! :thumbsup: :D

Dylan, your Sambar Hartshead looks absolutely fabulous with that Winchester! :thumbsup: :D

Thank you, my friend! The Winchester is a little rough around the edges but she shoots true and remains one of my favorite rifles.

The Hartshead obviously speaks for itself - such a fine set of knives that Jack procured for us!

Thank you, my friend! The Winchester is a little rough around the edges but she shoots true and remains one of my favorite rifles.

The Hartshead obviously speaks for itself - such a fine set of knives that Jack procured for us!
I love the old lever guns Dylan! My only remaining one is my Marlin 336C in 35 Rem, from 1973. It was my first centerfire rifle. It will be in my Will, along with all the wonderful knives that Jack procured for us! ;) :D

;):thumbsup:

Or at the very least, all in the same room. (Although I will admit, there was far less family conflict and drama this way.) :D

Are we showing off our flocks today?
AdHAt6w.jpg

LOL! :D Fabulous half dozen Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Lunch at my desk today with a little help
View attachment 1318742

Hearty lunch and fine helper Chuck :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Great looking breakfast image. Applause to reaching 1900. Spectacular LF collection. Will require multiple viewings.

Good Afternoon Guardians. Be Safe.
963C0C6B-2873-4CB3-8E90-D4FEDA31979A_zpsneive7ay.jpeg

Red Sky at night...
8D23A0F4-CFDF-428F-BB03-73C8F1523F99_zpsnvzakeum.jpeg

Many thanks Harvey, gorgeous pic of your AC, and it looks like you're in for a good day today :) :thumbsup:

Wow! Stagalisous Jack! :thumbsup: :D

I hope y’all know I’m awfully busy sheltering in place! ;) But I’m proud to share my flock with my fellow Guardians this evening! :D Please be safe out there Guardians! :thumbsup:

40770636323_8c30474e92_o_d.jpg

48491772311_8e3b0e2a5e_o_d.jpg

48107988571_a85fdc82b1_b_d.jpg

Thanks Ron, incredible collection my friend! :eek: :cool: Thanks for showing it :) :thumbsup:

Well, last time I was reading posts from this thread, there was lots of "boots talk". That doesn't seem to be a current topic anymore, but no one has ever accused me of being a with-it, up-to-date, hep-cat, current kind of guy, so I'm going to post a couple of pics of my lambsfoot carry this week, LamBarJack, with my most recent boots. I ordered these made-in-China boots from Tractor Supply on January 2 or 3 this year. I've been VERY happy with them so far! :thumbsup::thumbsup: They felt good from Day 1, and the only breaking-in I dealt with was deciding how to tie them. The laces on the very top pair of loops seem to cut into the front of my ankles if I tie the knot at the top, but I've been quite pleased with doing the top loops first and the next-to-top pair last, and placing the knot farther down toward my foot. Good firm sole, but still enough flex to be comfortable for miles at a time. I have over 600 miles on them already, and they still look good as new: the treads are hard enough to not wear away immediately (even with most of my miles on concrete sidewalks) and the inner soles and liners show no wear yet. They're waterproof, but in snowy or rainy weather, I usually wear a pair of 4" high stretch rubber "galoshes" over the boots.
View attachment 1318931

View attachment 1318932

- GT

Good-looking boots for the cool and trendy hep-cat around town Gary ;) Unfortunately, I've always been pretty heavy on boots, and they wear quickly for me. Here's an old (and rather clumsily edited) intro to one of my boot appraisals you might find of interest :thumbsup:

BppZl2P.jpg

RLgQrKh.jpg

Thanks guys for the kind words. Great to see these mighty herds of lamb stock. But ... Jack and Ron... :eek::eek::eek: !!! :D

Hope you and yours are healthy and safe.

Big'un ala Glennbad.View attachment 1318936

Thanks Dwight, great to see you here again pal :) All doing well here thanks :) I'd forgotten about that beauty :cool: :thumbsup:

The good thing about cowboy boots is there ain't no laces to tie. Of course, they wasn't meant for hiking.... :D:D:D

Can you not ride a horse to work Vince ;) :D :thumbsup:

b42974cde24010b636119dbb673511de.jpg

Never, your HHB remains the battle call for all! (of course, of all days not to carry!:eek::D)

Incredible flock, Jack! One more fantastic than the next!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

pNgTJou.jpg

Thanks a lot Dennis, excellent photos my friend, what do you call those instruments pictured with your Hartshead Barlow? :cool: :thumbsup:

bSZvNTu.jpg

Ace pic Dylan :cool: For an English guy, I've fired a lot of guns, but I've never shot a Winchester, or any other lever-action rifle for that matter :( Looks good with your Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

...The Hartshead obviously speaks for itself - such a fine set of knives that Jack procured for us!

...It will be in my Will, along with all the wonderful knives that Jack procured for us! ;) :D

Thanks guys, I'm touched :( Sad though, that there won't be any Guardians knives this year :( :thumbsup:

I wanna see the knife that came in that tube. ;)

:D :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is hale and hearty :) I usually go out to the small hilltop village of Heptonstall on Good Friday for the annual Pace Egg play, a good hike, and a pint or two. I'm disappointed not to be able to go today, particularly with the good weather we have at the moment. I carried Lucy last year, and thought I would again today. Have a good day Guardians, and stay safe :thumbsup:

oDXD57b.jpg

I looked at Meanwood, but they have closed, as I think have Kirkstall. Maybe I'll do some more investigating tomorrow :thumbsup:

I haven't looked at Sam Smith's, they can't even manage to keep their own brewery tap stocked most of the time, or even open for that matter, but you never know. Mind you, Humphrey might want to come into my house to check that I don't have any modern appliances - like a gramophone for example, and test my vocabulary for unlicensed saltiness! :rolleyes:

LOL! We were in the Boot Inn in Chester, and my mate took his phone out his pocket to actually turn it off, as per house rules. Quick as a flash the barstaff were on him "turn that phone off!". :rolleyes:
And your right about Sam Smith's. After I mentioned them I went on their website to look at what they had in stock. I know their bottled beers are expensive in their pubs but their online shop is a money printing lark! :rolleyes:

Now all you need is a honey to give you some “doos” and you will be set! ;) :rolleyes:

Bullet dodged... :D

Spectacular pic Vince! :cool: 1900 pages of Lambie goodness :D Well done Guardians :) :thumbsup:

z9Pbyrg.jpg

FEb6nY2.jpg

3Fnme7G.jpg

XdCaXzn.jpg

There's some impressive flocks on here I've got to say.
My more modest flock.
bd1Er0Y.jpg

Hello Guardians on this Good Friday morning . It’s a little after 7 am here. I just went out ,half asleep , to take our puppy outside that was whining in his crate.
What’s up with the WHITE STUFF :mad:
Please let no one utter the “s” word :D
MiFfZZH.jpg

9Ar7XMv.jpg

Does 'sun' count? :)
bhxf3bC.jpg

LOL! We were in the Boot Inn in Chester, and my mate took his phone out his pocket to actually turn it off, as per house rules. Quick as a flash the barstaff were on him "turn that phone off!". :rolleyes:
And your right about Sam Smith's. After I mentioned them I went on their website to look at what they had in stock. I know their bottled beers are expensive in their pubs but their online shop is a money printing lark! :rolleyes:

Bullet dodged... :D

There's some impressive flocks on here I've got to say.
My more modest flock.
bd1Er0Y.jpg

Does 'sun' count? :)
bhxf3bC.jpg
Nice photos. Great looking knives and that turn box sharpener looks just like the one I have:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Back