Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Glad you're feeling better Dennis. Take it slow and easy outside. Don't sap your strength.
Thank you kindly, Ed. o_OBut yeah....I over did it.
Thanks Dennis, that's great news pal, hope you continue to feel better :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack! I'll certainly take all the up days!:thumbsup:
Happy to hear that, Dennis. Great EDC image
Thank you, Harvey! They are so photogenic, despite my photography skills!:D:thumbsup:
They are cool, and kinda remind me of aliens in the old EC Comics.
m8d85BY.png

Seriously Rachel every time you post a picture of that Creature from Another World, one of these two things pops into my head...
or
PfE4rky.jpg
Reminds me of the movie "Grabbers", great movie!
51f9barAw0L._SY445_.jpg
Since I work from home anyway, I'm in no hurry to start getting on crowded buses or even crowded pavements o_O Have a good day Guardians, stay safe out there :thumbsup:

Double Lambsfoot Day! :D :) :thumbsup:

Couple of older pics from when it was easier to get about :thumbsup:

tv4tija.jpg

E9zIvpV.jpg
I agree with you there, Jack, not in any hurry to go out like normal, too much risk, especially if you have any health issues that compromise your immune system! Ain't gonna do it!
Great pair to have on hand, nice photos of them both!:):thumbsup:
Looking good, José!:thumbsup:
Couldn't wait until Sunday ;) :thumbsup:

fwALFSy.jpg
Mmmmm, you and John are killing me with those sammichs.
Lately, our go-to has been bacon and egg sandwiches!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians! Hope y'all are safe and sound on this Wednesday! I've got my Jigged Bone WCLF in the pocket today! :) :thumbsup:

49854939841_101015035d_o.jpg
Certainly a looker, Ron!;):thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
The weather here has been so great
Too bad I've been too busy with work to fully enjoy it

Sorry you're so busy, John, but at least you had time to stop and share your fine Lambsfoot!;):thumbsup:

An old photo.
Ufi2AoK.jpg
Oldie but a goodie...a thirsty Lambsfoot!:D:thumbsup:
I just can't read it!!!!:rolleyes:

Sx6eY7O.jpg
My wife has been making masks for us and some older friends of ours, but we still have some n95's if we go to a Drs appointment or something.
Stay safe Ed!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
A 1-XL and a Strawberry POP Tart. Despite the burnt toasting failure, it tasted just like I rembered it from long ago.

18E31AA1-55F3-4F15-BF46-8B827B01435D_zpsps8yhkjk.jpeg
All looks good, even though your Lambsfoot has made a mess of your pop tart!:cool::thumbsup: But still an artistic shot!
Nice little place He has there. Nice of all of you to take such good care of the people in that position. :p
Great looking little stag!:cool::thumbsup: Neat costers?
Happy May 13, Guardians!
yhf3AjX.jpg

13 is my lucky number.
Great shot, Vince! Hope today didn't disappoint!;):thumbsup:
Getting ready for work this morning.
View attachment 1339851
That some nice looking covers on your Lamb, Chuck!:):thumbsup:
Me and my son headed up to the mountains for a quick fishing trip. Caught one rainbow trout. Well my son did. The water is extremely low in this reservoir....:thumbsdown:
View attachment 1339865
wJmDigE.jpg

Put the trout on the pellet smoker! :cool:
S4cCHyw.jpg
That's a great way to spend some time, Taylor! Hope your water levels come back up!

Your pellet grill a Traeger? We bought one when our last gas grill went out, I'll never use a gas grill again!

Can't believe I missed page 1963, my birth year, and May 3 my birthday, good times!:confused::D

We have been trying to get some gardening done, it has taken it out of me, but we're getting closer. Got some peppers, squash and tomatoes coming along, and our fire pit got used, so it's a good thing.
mVtPr4W.jpg

mMor2l5.jpg

And a great piece of Ironwood to assist!:thumbsup:
SJLYSI3.jpg

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

Thank you kindly, Ed. o_OBut yeah....I over did it.

Thank you, Harvey! They are so photogenic, despite my photography skills!:D:thumbsup:

View attachment 1339924

I agree with you there, Jack, not in any hurry to go out like normal, too much risk, especially if you have any health issues that compromise your immune system! Ain't gonna do it!

Looking good, José!:thumbsup:

Sorry you're so busy, John, but at least you had time to stop and share your fine Lambsfoot!;):thumbsup:

My wife has been making masks for us and some older friends of ours, but we still have some n95's if we go to a Drs appointment or something.
Stay safe Ed!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

All looks good, even though your Lambsfoot has made a mess of your pop tart!:cool::thumbsup: But still an artistic shot!

Great looking little stag!:cool::thumbsup: Neat costers?

That some nice looking covers on your Lamb, Chuck!:):thumbsup:

That's a great way to spend some time, Taylor! Hope your water levels come back up!

Your pellet grill a Traeger? We bought one when our last gas grill went out, I'll never use a gas grill again!

Can't believe I missed page 1963, my birth year, and May 3 my birthday, good times!:confused::D

We have been trying to get some gardening done, it has taken it out of me, but we're getting closer. Got some peppers, squash and tomatoes coming along, and our fire pit got used, so it's a good thing.
mVtPr4W.jpg

mMor2l5.jpg

SJLYSI3.jpg

Thanks! I have a Green Mountain smoker. It has put my propane grill to bed. LOL! Nice garden!

Thank you, Jack. :)

We are all in the process of coming up with three different plans for school next year...
Plan A: We all get to go back to school with no restrictions.
Plan B: We rotate students, some in-person and some on-line to keep social distancing.
Plan C: We are back to 100% on-line distance learning (the worst option).

Hope you make the right decision John :thumbsup: Here, they are talking about starting off with the kiddiwinks on June 1st. It seems a strange plan to me, bearing in mind the schools here break for 6 weeks in July. I don't think the colleges will be back before September or October. All this is certainly going to leave scars :(

Good day Guardians :)

HOITVzH.jpg

oxrGNM9.jpg

Cool pics Dan, looks like the countryside is waking up after a long winter :) :thumbsup:

Yeah I used to have a few copies but in a great clear out a few years ago I got rid of them.

An old photo.
Ufi2AoK.jpg

Same here, along with a lot of other good stuff :( I'm not throwing anything out ever again! :D Nice to see the inside of a pub again, and that pub in particular :) :thumbsup:

Hopefully, I'll be through with Wound Care by mid-June:)

I hope so Ed, you've done incredibly well, I'm sure it hasn't been easy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They don't require a face mask at Wound Care but when I go to the hospital for labs or the clinic for a look-see by my doctor, I have to wear a face mask.:eek: My niece made Cindy and I cloth face masks but I bought some paper surgical face masks so we'd have some in each vehicle for unforeseen needs. These face mask came in yesterday's mail. They are well constructed with good materials.:thumbsup:. Gee, I wonder where they were made?????;) I'm sure it says where on the packaging - I just can't read it!!!!:rolleyes:

Sx6eY7O.jpg

Topical photo Ed :) I've only worn a mask about 4 times so far, each time I've been to the supermarket, I haven't been anywhere else I'd need one yet. I had a close encounter with a big asbestos fire earlier in the year, and bought a box of N95s as a consequence. Apart from that, I've just got bandanas :thumbsup:

What a nice fantasy place to live. Having the proper ID vignette was a good chuckle.

@Modoc ED - Good to hear your progress, Ed.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

A 1-XL and a Strawberry POP Tart. Despite the burnt toasting failure, it tasted just like I rembered it from long ago.

18E31AA1-55F3-4F15-BF46-8B827B01435D_zpsps8yhkjk.jpeg

Oh, that's just his THIRD home Harvey (there may be others I don't know about), for entertaining at weekends and what have you :rolleyes:

I couldn't believe that guy, it's only the second time I've been 'IDed' in my life, and on the previous occasion (about 10 years ago), I don't think the woman was right in the head :rolleyes:

Your crumbled pop tart made for a very artistic pic Harvey, glad you enjoyed it :D :) :thumbsup:

Nice little place He has there. Nice of all of you to take such good care of the people in that position. :p

Well, we were thinking of the neighbours! :eek: ;) I once saw an inventory of the wine cellar, and the bill for re-stocking it each year :eek: There are a rather large number of such 'Grace and favour' residences :rolleyes: Nice photo Les :thumbsup:

Speaking of positions, have any of you ever shook hands with a Sir, or a Baron, or Lord or anything like that? I only ask because I have. I shook hands with The Right Honourable The Lord Browne of Madingley when he was still CEO of BP. If you look him up on Wikipedia you will see he was head of BP who merged with Amoco Oil Company while I was working for them. Also in that article you will see that there was an explosion at the Texas City, TX plant that killed 15 people and injured more than 170 including me. I was just across the street from the source of the explosion. Anyway, he came over pretty soon after that and shook hands and said a few words with everyone in our control room. That explosion was on my birthday and I can tell you that it wasn’t all that much fun to be blown ten or fifteen feet through the air. Anyway, he was a small guy with a little scrawny hand.

Small island, so I've encountered a few, some quite regularly. I always tell people I last spoke to Sir Chris Bonnington in the Himalaya - an Indian restaurant in Harrogate ;) I met the Earl of Wharncliffe (named for that odd-looking little knife) a couple of times, and he was a scrawny little feller too, and quite disreputable actually o_O Getting blown up like that doesn't sound much fun at all Les, I hope you don't have any lasting injuries :eek: :thumbsup:

Happy May 13, Guardians!
yhf3AjX.jpg

13 is my lucky number.

"13 is my lucky number" Sounds like a great title for a country song Vince :D ;) :thumbsup:

Getting ready for work this morning.
View attachment 1339851

Hi Ho Chuck! That's some great-looking patina :) :thumbsup:

Me and my son headed up to the mountains for a quick fishing trip. Caught one rainbow trout. Well my son did. The water is extremely low in this reservoir....:thumbsdown:
View attachment 1339865
wJmDigE.jpg

S4cCHyw.jpg

That water is low Taylor :eek: Great pics though :thumbsup:

You're up late or up early. It's 2:03 a.m. where you are, Jack! ;)

Yes indeed Vince, my Guardian senses were tingling ;) :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Dennis, hope you're doing OK buddy :thumbsup: Thanks for the kind words :) You take care :thumbsup:

Hope you're enjoying them Dennis :) I used to like sausage and (canned) tomato. Can't remember the last time I had one, might have to give it a try ;) :thumbsup:

mVtPr4W.jpg

mMor2l5.jpg

SJLYSI3.jpg

Hope you had a very Happy Birthday Dennis, many happy returns my friend :) :thumbsup: Looks like a nice, cosy set-up there, and your '19 is looking swell :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, can't say I had a good night's sleep last night :( Hope everyone is doing OK, I'm doubling up again ;) My Rosewood Big 'Un with my morning toast :)

TKR9MxM.jpg

And my Parker Space-Shuttle Lambsfoot with the robot I wish could go shopping for me (even if he couldn't carry much) :D

8eQyiRZ.jpg

Have a good Thursday Guardians :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Speaking of positions, have any of you ever shook hands with a Sir, or a Baron, or Lord or anything like that? I only ask because I have. I shook hands with The Right Honourable The Lord Browne of Madingley when he was still CEO of BP. If you look him up on Wikipedia you will see he was head of BP who merged with Amoco Oil Company while I was working for them. Also in that article you will see that there was an explosion at the Texas City, TX plant that killed 15 people and injured more than 170 including me. I was just across the street from the source of the explosion. Anyway, he came over pretty soon after that and shook hands and said a few words with everyone in our control room. That explosion was on my birthday and I can tell you that it wasn’t all that much fun to be blown ten or fifteen feet through the air. Anyway, he was a small guy with a little scrawny hand.

That doesn't sound like a fun birthday Les, hope you didn't have any lasting bashes. I got sort of half blown off my feet in a terrorist bombing back in the 90's. A few days later the owner of the company came round the store that had been damaged and shook my hand. I only have small hands myself but I remember a clammy limp handshake. He was Knighted about 10 years later and has since been involved in so many dodgy financial dealings Parliament voted to strip him of his Knighthood. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1339924

Great Dennis, I didn't even know about that film. I've just looked it up and looks like one I'd enjoy. :)

A thirsty Guardian... :(

mVtPr4W.jpg

mMor2l5.jpg

SJLYSI3.jpg

That's looks like a homely place there. :thumbsup: But you just got me wondering though what sort of patina hand gel would form. :thumbsup:

Same here, along with a lot of other good stuff :( I'm not throwing anything out ever again! :D Nice to see the inside of a pub again, and that pub in particular :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, can't say I had a good night's sleep last night :( Hope everyone is doing OK, I'm doubling up again ;) My Rosewood Big 'Un with my morning toast :)

TKR9MxM.jpg

And my Park Space-Shuttle Lambsfoot with the robot I wish could go shopping for me (even if he couldn't carry much) :D

8eQyiRZ.jpg

Have a good Thursday Guardians :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Good grief I'd be knee deep in stuff if I didn't clear stuff out every now and again.:thumbsup:
The Maltings is individually owned as well so hopefully it'll be at least one of the pubs that will be able to withstand this mess.
That's a great looking robot and Space Knife. :):thumbsup:

xZFhWAg.jpg

Good grief I'd be knee deep in stuff if I didn't clear stuff out every now and again.:thumbsup:
The Maltings is individually owned as well so hopefully it'll be at least one of the pubs that will be able to withstand this mess.
That's a great looking robot and Space Knife. :):thumbsup:

xZFhWAg.jpg

I have a neighbour, who had so much vintage vinyl that the floor collapsed! :eek: I do worry :rolleyes: ;) Yes, I would think the Maltings would survive :) Hopefully most of the York pubs too :thumbsup: Thanks pal, the knife was a kind gift from JohnDF JohnDF , a very special Lambsfoot I really treasure :) Great pic of your Oxhorn :thumbsup:

Happy May 13, Guardians!
yhf3AjX.jpg

13 is my lucky number.
I hope you had a lucky 13th Vince! :)

View attachment 1339865
wJmDigE.jpg

S4cCHyw.jpg
Great photos Taylor! It’s nice to be out in Mother Nature. That’s something I really need to do more often! :)

mVtPr4W.jpg

mMor2l5.jpg

SJLYSI3.jpg

Thanks Dennis! It looks like you’re getting things growing. I’m glad y’all are able to enjoy your outside areas. Be safe! :)

TKR9MxM.jpg

And my Parker Space-Shuttle Lambsfoot with the robot I wish could go shopping for me (even if he couldn't carry much) :D

8eQyiRZ.jpg

Have a good Thursday Guardians :thumbsup:
That Rosewood Bigun looks up to the task Jack! :) The marmalade looks delicious. I really love a nice slice of toast with marmalade, jam or jelly. I’m afraid I’m not capable myself, but as I was growing up we always had a wonderful selection of homemade marmalade, jams and jellies. I’m getting a little nostalgic here thinking of my grandmother on my father’s side. She could make the best jellies! Those were carefree and blessed times for sure! Be well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Nice photo David! :thumbsup: :)

Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are all safe and well! :) I don’t know about y’all, but I’ve got some knives that I call “Feel Good Knives”. When I pick them up they just bring a smile to my face. This SFO Damascus with Ironwood is most certainly a “Feel Good Knife”! ;) Thanks for that Jack! :thumbsup: :D

33716411558_53048aca17_o_d.jpg

33716411468_bdb34c530e_o_d.jpg

Nice Big 'Un Jer :) I don't know about you, but I am getting kind of tired of the lock-down washing up, I see to go through 3 times as many cups a day as usual, in addition to all the extra plates and pans :rolleyes:

Close as I could find. ;)

:cool: :thumbsup:

That Rosewood Bigun looks up to the task Jack! :) The marmalade looks delicious. I really love a nice slice of toast with marmalade, jam or jelly. I’m afraid I’m not capable myself, but as I was growing up we always had a wonderful selection of homemade marmalade, jams and jellies. I’m getting a little nostalgic here thinking of my grandmother on my father’s side. She could make the best jellies! Those were carefree and blessed times for sure! Be well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

They are very capable knives aren't they Ron? I often choose a Big 'Un when I'm going hiking, particularly if I don't take a FB with me :) I just put in another 3-loaf bread order for delivery next week, so hopefully I can stay in toast :D My maternal grandmother used to make a lot of jams and marmalades, wine too, nothing seemed to go to waste with that generation :) You too Ron, hope you and Pam are doing well :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are all safe and well! :) I don’t know about y’all, but I’ve got some knives that I call “Feel Good Knives”. When I pick them up they just bring a smile to my face. This SFO Damascus with Ironwood is most certainly a “Feel Good Knife”! ;) Thanks for that Jack! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks for giving me a smile Ron, it's great to see that one :) :thumbsup:

Sorry you're so busy, John
It's totally fine, I prefer to be busy most of the time.
But the weather is perfect right now and it doesn't stay that way for long.

I use my pellet grill almost exclusively too.
I still use my gas grill for burgers and dogs... or to put a sear on a steak.

That looks like a great retreat space, Dennis.
I think I see a hot tub off in the corner too. :cool::thumbsup:

I have a Green Mountain smoker.
Me too... Green Mountain Daniel Boone. :cool::thumbsup:

Here, they are talking about starting off with the kiddiwinks on June 1st.
The government would like all the schools here to start in July too.
The problem is that the school districts don't have the money to bribe their teachers back early. ;)

Such a GREAT picture. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
My Robot says to say Hi to your robot...

Kind of an Irish version of "Tremors" ?
Well, in Tremors they did call them "Graboids". :D

Very fancy today, Ron. :cool::thumbsup:

The government would like all the schools here to start in July too.
The problem is that the school districts don't have the money to bribe their teachers back early. ;)

Such a GREAT picture. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
My Robot says to say Hi to your robot...

Here, they've started implying that the teachers are all sat around watching day-time TV (that 'they don't want to go back to work'), rather than either teaching online or still at school with the children of essential workers :mad: Thanks John, the background is wrapping-paper from my mate's eldest lad's birthday present - I ran out of Seloptape, so had to use black duct tape! :D Great to see your wee robot my friend, I bought about a dozen of them, but the box suggested they were the pressed-steel ones I had as a kid :rolleyes: Still cute though :D :thumbsup:

I hope you had a lucky 13th Vince! :)
Thanks, fellas! It was a pretty good day. Slept in a little, had Spam and eggs for breakfast, a meal from Whataburger for supper, and my daughter made oatmeal raisin cookies (made with real butter, of course, and brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans!). :)

Great looking lamb foot knife Ron. The colors in the wooden backdrop are a nice complementary contrast to the scales .

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Back