Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good memory. The thing is, I've given the same treatment to other knives without any ill effects. And that small lambsfoot hasn't endured any further damage. I think that it was a heat treat issue as you indicated. Looks like I'm past the crumbly/crummy steel and am now into the good stuff.

It may well have been a HT issue Christian, or it's been overheated by the grinder. A couple of the workmen at that firm, I wouldn't want doing work for me o_O I often bemoan their QC, and I think that's legitimate, but to be fair, it's understandable that they cut corners on very inexpensive knives, which mainly sell to ordinary users who just want a cheap knife. With my SFOs, I had them made by one specific cutler, and paid extra for the extra time they took to make :thumbsup:

where Obadiah Barlow had his home and workshop
Thank you Jack for the vintage images. It’s like time slipping through your fingers. Great walking tour images. I’m taking notes as you do your beer tour.:thumbsup:

Such great shot Harvey :thumbsup:
Thank you kindly, Dan. Very much enjoy your woods and critters images. Fine intimate glimpse.

So I'm always prepared for Wooden Wednesday... and possibly even Black Friday. :D
Yes you are with that beautiful WCLF.

Good Afternoon Guardians
31D838FD-A742-4DB2-855F-851F3160E240.jpeg

Just imbibing the first of my Sam Smith's big box :) British-brewed lager is something I generally avoid, but if you like lager-style beers, I think Smith's brew a decent example, and from quality ingredients. I've usually only had it if I'm at a venue that has run out of proper beer, but it's going down OK :D ;) :thumbsup:

e2GZAdy.jpg
Think I'm gonna buy some Samuel Smith beer Friday (payday!). Such good stuff. Will post pics with lambsfoot.
Cheers!

Much thanks, Greg. Great question.

Hi Dennis. Doing fine. My goodness. What a great image.

Thank you Jack. Much appreciation for your “Stout” response. The bottle choice was my main interest. I’ve only tried chocolate stout, which is great. Great look at the birdies. A slew of fine images, today. Going to try the Imperial Stout, next.

Congratulations on that fine looking William Rodgers Horn Lamb, Ron. Wonderful Color.

“Quote the Raven, never more.”:D

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1343117
Very pretty photo of your HHB Harvey.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

That's what we call English Muffins (I think). :D

Really, I thought THIS was what you called English Muffins?! :D :thumbsup:

Yep, those (Jack’s pic) are what we call English muffins. An inferior product to the delicious crumpet, in my opinion. :D

I think they're still just called muffins here, but they're much less common than when I was a boy, and in fact less common than the American-style muffins, which perhaps rather confusingly, are also just called muffins here :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

That funny, particularly since “American” muffins and “English” muffins aren’t very similar at all. :confused: Of course, there are plenty of words that mean something different here vs. there: biscuits, chips, bacon. Not to mention pants! :eek: :D

Think I'm gonna buy some Samuel Smith beer Friday (payday!). Such good stuff. Will post pics with lambsfoot.
Cheers!

I was thinking of doing the same thing! :D We can turn the Guardians thread into a Sam Smith’s tasting room this weekend! ;)

Just because...

You never need an excuse for a sausage sandwich John :D :cool: Or to carry a fine WCLF Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack for the vintage images. It’s like time slipping through your fingers. Great walking tour images. I’m taking notes as you do your beer tour.:thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians
View attachment 1343761

Thanks Harvey, that's a beautiful photo of your double-bolstered DamLamb, you've really captured it well :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black I enjoyed all the pictures. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Look forward to seeing them Vince :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, Gledhow conservation area sure is a pretty area to walk:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Rob :)

Happy.... Wednesday :confused: Guardians!

WqfIHe0.jpg

Cool pic Taylor :) :thumbsup:

That funny, particularly since “American” muffins and “English” muffins aren’t very similar at all. :confused: Of course, there are plenty of words that mean something different here vs. there: biscuits, chips, bacon. Not to mention pants! :eek: :D

I was thinking of doing the same thing! :D We can turn the Guardians thread into a Sam Smith’s tasting room this weekend! ;)

Yeah, since the former have been around for more than a couple of decades here, and are popular, I'm surprised some differentiation in language hasn't crept in. When I have toasted muffins, I really don't find them as good as years ago, they seem to have too much baking powder, and not a flavour frankly :( I just had some toasted granary bread, which was far more tasty :)

Go for it Barrett :D Here's a photo of the Sam Smith's Brewery in Tadcaster :thumbsup:

03MMoVp.jpg

Here’s my Lambsfoot today.
View attachment 1343885

Looking good Chuck, that patina is coming on nicely :cool: :thumbsup:

Today I used my standard Ebony Lambsfoot to breakdown a pile of cardboard boxes that had been accumulating in the garage.

6Uu71n4.jpg

I've been breaking a lot of boxes myself recently, mainly had beer in them :rolleyes: That is quite a pile there though Barrett :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is managing OK. Beautiful weather here yesterday, and I enjoyed sitting out in the garden in the evening, having a few beers. It's considerably duller so far today, but not raining at least :) Hope everyone has a good day, stay safe folks :thumbsup:

sCp2Ptn.jpg

What are the differences between US and UK bacon Barrett? When I lived in France, I couldn't get bacon at all, I think they butcher the pigs differently there, or they did. I guess your brother told you not to mention wearing suspenders here! ;) :D :thumbsup:

I hope all's well with you my friend, I know that the arrival of a new baby can be a bit like a whirlwind, but I find that after the first, you're kind of ready for it ;) My second daughter was the least trouble of all of them, she slept more than either of her sisters, still does! :D :thumbsup:

What are the differences between US and UK bacon Barrett? When I lived in France, I couldn't get bacon at all, I think they butcher the pigs differently there, or they did. I guess your brother told you not to mention wearing suspenders here! ;) :D :thumbsup:
I always find these language differences fascinating (but don't always remember the distinctions). I don't think I realized that robins are different in UK and USA until Jack's photo! :rolleyes:
I was taking a photo of a robin on my garden wall yesterday. I zoomed in at first, but it kept getting closer and closer to me :)

KDKDHJW.jpg

Lam Jack is my lambsfoot this week:
LJ.veg.12019.jpg

- GT

Morning Guardians :)
Got up way too early this am.
The cat started roaming around the house at 5:30 am, then parked himself in front of the puppy inside his crate ... puppy got supper excited and started whining and barking ... oh well

My sourdough starter was raring to go too so might as well start another journey with sourdough baking today.
We shall see tonight if I arrive to a decent destination :)

dA4gVnBm.jpg

Today I used my standard Ebony Lambsfoot to breakdown a pile of cardboard boxes that had been accumulating in the garage.

6Uu71n4.jpg
Barrett, it looks like your Ebony Lambsfoot made short work of all that "Pandemic Packaging"! :thumbsup: :D

Go for it Barrett :D Here's a photo of the Sam Smith's Brewery in Tadcaster :thumbsup:

03MMoVp.jpg

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is managing OK. Beautiful weather here yesterday, and I enjoyed sitting out in the garden in the evening, having a few beers. It's considerably duller so far today, but not raining at least :) Hope everyone has a good day, stay safe folks :thumbsup:

sCp2Ptn.jpg
Looking good Jack! I'm glad you've had some tolerable weather days. :thumbsup: It's been Ark building weather here the last week! :rolleyes:

Back