Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Great pics David, really sorry your back isn't getting better :( I don't know about you, but I'm beginning to feel like a spell on The Rack might do my back some good! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Aye me to Jack. I feel I need to be stretched just that little bit more than I can do myself. :rolleyes:
Great bird shots. We have a robin that will feed off the birdfeeder but I can never get a good shot of it.

It's not my yard David, although at one time it was privately owned. That's where I monitor birds for the non-profit that now owns it. The bird we are watching is the Bobolink, which winters in the Amazon and breeds here in the summer. We make sure the babies have fledged before that field is mowed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobolink

Thanks for posting that Dave, I've never heard of a Bobolink, and I've certainly never seen one here in the UK. They look a handsome bird and it looks like monitoring them out there would be a nice job to have. :thumbsup:

Thanks David! I’ve been fortunate to pick up a couple of nice lambs lately! :thumbsup: Thanks for the photos, but I’m sorry to hear about your back! Hope it improves soon! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron.:thumbsup:
Aye, we in the UK can't buy knives on auction sites so I dare say we miss a lot of what could be on offer.

Well I'm off taking my mum to a hospital appointment today so it'll be my small swayback doing absolutely nothing.
So just a recycled picture of the sort of view no one's seen in this country since March 20th. :rolleyes:
zUpc5Sz.jpg

Enjoy your Friday everyone. :thumbsup:

That's good to hear Ron :) Yeah, I'll be sure to get up there early next time, and avoid it! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK. The arrival of Friday doesn't seem to have the same zing as it once did, but still it's here, and with it another weekend. I'm hoping to get out for another walk today, weather permitting. Still pretty dull and overcast here, but I'm hoping it'll brighten up. Have a good day everyone, take care, and stay safe :thumbsup:

yCDngVs.jpg
Good morning Jack. It’s supposed to rain here today along with a 10% chance of storms. :( That’s a nice spring time photo of your Stag Hartshead. I hope you enjoy your day my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Well I'm off taking my mum to a hospital appointment today so it'll be my small swayback doing absolutely nothing.
So just a recycled picture of the sort of view no one's seen in this country since March 20th. :rolleyes:
zUpc5Sz.jpg

Enjoy your Friday everyone. :thumbsup:

Hope it all goes well at the hospital David, and that your back isn't troubling you too much today :thumbsup:

Good morning Jack. It’s supposed to rain here today along with a 10% chance of storms. :( That’s a nice spring time photo of your Stag Hartshead. I hope you enjoy your day my friend! :) :thumbsup:

I hope the storms don't materialise Ron, and that you get some better weather soon :) Thanks a lot pal, you too :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! Hopefully we’ll have a couple of hours before the deluge starts this morning! :( I hope your weekend will be bright and sunny! :thumbsup: My ole Rosewood big ‘un is my choice for today. :)

49556110058_85225c37dc_c_d.jpg
Nice photo Ron. The various shades of amber and brown on that wooden backdrop really compliment the rosewood. I can identify with your weather too. We got 3 inches of rain in two days and more to come but the sun made an appearance this morning:)

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

fantastic pic :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack!
Thanks again Dennis, fantastic pic :) :thumbsup:
Thanks again, my friend!
A beautiful Horn Lambsfoot there my friend! :)
Thank you so much, Ron!!
Thanks Dennis! I agree, not a bad one in the lot! :thumbsup: A beautiful Horn Lambsfoot there my friend! :)
Again, thank you very much!

Very well said, Dennis.

I wholeheartedly agree with your statements Dennis! Especially this part...."Guardians, come for the knives, stay for the friends"! Very well stated Dennis! :thumbsup:
Thank you both, my friends! Pretty easy to say something like that around here!:cool::thumbsup:

My goodness. What a great image.
Appreciate the kind comment, Harvey!:)
Good Afternoon Guardians.
ad0c809d-fd5b-4d39-8c96-d2d274d315be-jpeg.1343117
Whata Winner! A+!:cool::thumbsup:
Good Afternoon Guardians
31d838fd-a742-4db2-855f-851f3160e240-jpeg.1343761
And another, just like his brother! ;):thumbsup: You're on a hot streak, my friend!
Hope everyone has a good day, stay safe folks :thumbsup:

sCp2Ptn.jpg
Stag-tastic photo, Jack!! Love to see them in the wild!:cool::thumbsup:
I had a case of this delivered last week, and had the first bottle last night. I had been slightly concerned that it might be a little sweet, but in fact that wasn't the case at all :) :thumbsup:

yCFJpxD.jpg
Sounds great! Great photo!;):thumbsup:
Lam Jack is my lambsfoot this week:
lj-veg-12019-jpg.1344144
"Mates eat oats, and does eat oats, and little Lambs eat ivey, carrots, broccoli.....":D:thumbsup: Fine looking horn, Gary!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians! :) I hope y'all are safe and sound this morning! I'm totin' my Jack Black Special Ebony. :thumbsup:

49672511737_49422c529e_o.jpg
Mmmm, ebony! Handsome Lamb, Ron!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
The Rosie of your eye?! Looking good, John!!:):thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians, Old yellow got out for a picture this morning.
W9fJONk.jpg
Fantastic covers on that one!:thumbsup:
Good morning, Guardians!
8zV1sU7.jpg

It's Thursday! :)
What a great looking Thursday carry, Vince!:cool::thumbsup:
A sunny new day for this Standard with Buffalo Horn covers.

SDmhwlJ.jpg
Such great character, a keeper for sure, Ed!;):thumbsup:
I could say that about life in general. :D
:D:thumbsup:
Crikey. It sounds like a fair few of us have scrapped through by the skin of our teeth doesn't it. :rolleyes:
My brother had the same happen to him as well.
Too close, too many.:(:mad:
sjxcQBW.jpg

QP0j5rd.jpg

Great shots everyone! I hope everyone's having a good week.
Wonderful photos, David!:):thumbsup:
vqCEIGN.jpg

My Sam Smith's beer tonight is their Pale Ale. I've drunk a fair bit of this in the past. If you want to know what an English Bitter tastes like, you really need to go to an English pub, and taste it on draught. If you don't have that option, Sam Smith's Pale Ale might cause you to reconsider ;) Cheers Guardians :thumbsup:

RPGwWeC.jpg
I'm liking your HHB and energy, Jack! Great photos!!:cool::thumbsup:
Ln7gvV9.jpg

Edit - There was a reason for me wearing those to my pal's wedding reception. The darn tailor cut my waistcoat (vest) 2" too short, and as I only got it 2 days before the wedding, my solution was to buy trousers (pants) too large for me, and wear 'braces', so the trousers rose up! :D :thumbsup:

ZFYpgLl.jpg
Looking quite dapper! Looks like a couple of pub brawlers there!
'Nuff said! :eek::):thumbsup:
Hey there Guardians! Got a very late start on the day - still a mess out there with the weather and the Covid crap:mad::mad:. Oh well, got a great shave and carrying my HHB.:D:D
View attachment 1344418

Your HHB looks ready for the day!:cool::thumbsup:
I carry lambsfoot knives to guard my loaves lol

4BMJbNy.jpg
All kinds of wonderful, x3²! :cool::thumbsup:

Good morning, ALL! It's thumping and a bumping this morning, a real monsoon!
Have a great Friday!

John JohnDF JohnDF motivated me to try my shakey hand at making one of these. Kinda got started down the road with them niw!
rcyA5Ex.jpg

Nice photo Ron. The various shades of amber and brown on that wooden backdrop really compliment the rosewood. I can identify with your weather too. We got 3 inches of rain in two days and more to come but the sun made an appearance this morning:)

Hope the rain is short-lived Bill :thumbsup:

"Beware the deadly flashing blade, unless you want to end up shorter."
wOtIA4z.jpg

"Blackadder, Blackadder, with many_a cunning plan!"

LOL! :D Very good Jer :) :thumbsup:

Stag-tastic photo, Jack!! Love to see them in the wild!:cool::thumbsup:

Sounds great! Great photo!;):thumbsup:

Looking quite dapper! Looks like a couple of pub brawlers there!

Good morning, ALL! It's thumping and a bumping this morning, a real monsoon!
Have a great Friday!

John JohnDF JohnDF motivated me to try my shakey hand at making one of these. Kinda got started down the road with them niw!
rcyA5Ex.jpg

Thanks a lot Dennis, you're not far wrong there! :D Nice work, it's nice that you and John are getting back to your leather work :) Cool pic, I hope you're keeping well my friend :) I might just to have another slice of that apple pie ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning all. Looks like another bad weather day again:mad:. I must have jinxed it because the sun came out and I got my HHB out for a photo session and low and behold...the sun went back in and the clouds moved in. :( Oh well what are you gonna do?o_O
View attachment 1344746

Sorry to hear so many of you folks are suffering with the weather :( Nice pic of your Barlow Bill :thumbsup:

Cool picture, Jack. Hope you're able to get out for your walk, and hope it's enjoyable. Take pleasure in the simple things. :cool::thumbsup:

Nostalgic picture right there. :D
Hope everything is going well for you. :cool::thumbsup:

You're ready for anything with the Big 'Un, Ron. :cool::thumbsup:
Hope the weather gives you some relief soon, I feel spoiled here in California.

Beautiful Ebony, Classy Rat Tail, Useful Lambsfoot Blade... What's not to love there? :cool::thumbsup:

Looking good, John!!
Thank you, Dennis. :)

Well Done, Dennis!!!
Welcome back to the world of leather craft.
I like your stamping pattern, not one I've ever used before... I may have to "borrow" it. ;)

You certainly got lucky on your stag, it just wonderful. :cool::thumbsup:

Back