Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Pretty incredible that this thread has gone on for 2000 pages :cool:

And nearly half of those have actually been about Lambsfoot knives! ;) :D :D

That is a very odd-looking knife isn't it Barrett? It's a shame vendors don't return knives like that to the factory, maybe it was a 'second' or part of a lot they got cheap :confused: I got a knife from the same shop, different pattern, but also with a very shallow nail-nick, I hated it o_O

It is a bit odd, and to top it all off, the horn on that one has shrunken away from the liners. :confused:

Congratulations Jack!
R1JZBia.jpg

That’s a well-camouflaged Lambsfoot! :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians! Enjoying a beautiful, cool morning with a pair of champions!

ewDgco2.jpg

Nice mug! :thumbsup: Seems like a good enough reason to recycle this Lambsfoot photo. :D

2IeYw2y.jpg

2001, a new Lambsfoot Millennium.
G4vqCc6.jpg

Congratulations, Guardians!

Cool photo! :thumbsup:

Ha! Great picture! :D:thumbsup:

And I was determined to catch page 2000 and I damned well missed it. :rolleyes: You snooze ya lose I guess. Anyway the other half of my salty pie.
snd5S1G.jpg

I lucked out; I was up with a newborn early this morning, otherwise I might’ve missed it! (I made that 2K photo back when the thread was on page 1985. I think in my mind I was thinking it was at 1995. So I was holding onto that picture for several days, hoping I didn’t miss the page, which of course went by fast!)

Don’t tell Jack, but that Colman’s Mustard might be my favorite condiment from England. :eek: :D Eleanor loves it, too, which surprised me a bit the first time she tried it. (I was expecting one of those reactions like when you give a baby a lemon.) :D

I’m proud to have been sharing my love of the Lambsfoot with y’all since page 4 (below).

My first post in the “Guardians of the Lambsfoot” thread! :D

You’re an OG, Ron. (Original Guardian) :cool: :D

I hope everyone's having a pleasant day. We decided to have our main meal as an early lunch. I was on burger and bun (and blade) duty; my wife handled the onion rings.

bdXtuyqh.jpg

Now I think I need a nap. ;)
Thank you Greg. I think of a nap as the right note for that fine meal and Lamb Foot.

Well said Harvey, cool pic :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. Beans & Toast...Quite the 2000 page milestone celebration!:D Congratulations!

Thanks for the supportive comments, Harvey. :)
Both of your Joseph Rodgers are ravishing! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thank you GT. Your LamBar Hartshead is a stunner. Your images reveal its’ beauty.

Thanks, Harvey ...
And a great photo! Was the flag for your father?
Thank you Dennis. The flag shot was for all those who have given their lives to protect us. Your Lamb Foot vignette is classic.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

A toast to the Guardians thread reaching the 2000 page milestone. This is the house that Jack built. Long may it continue. Congratulations. What a fine place this is.
9D0376F8-ACED-472F-AC2D-2E55BC11EC03.jpeg

Thanks Jack and congratulations on 2000 pages:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Rob, I think it's something all us Guardians can celebrate :) :thumbsup:

I agree on Jack's choice of celebratory food:confused: he must be putting his money towards the good beer he drinks:thumbsup:;)

That would explain it. :D

Thanks fellers! :D :thumbsup:

2001, a new Lambsfoot Millennium.
G4vqCc6.jpg

Congratulations, Guardians!

Cool pic Rachel, thanks for all your posts :) :thumbsup:

If you ever fancy a trip to a Sam Smith's pub with a really nice beer garden then you need to visit the Crown Inn, in Bolton Percy which is about 4 miles south east of Tadcaster. You could in theory walk from the crossroads in Taddy; I don't think that road is a particularly busy one as it only goes to Bolton Percy and Appleton Roebuck.
I was going to say also the Agar Arms in Warthill north east of York, which is an easy walk from the Coastliner bus route through Stockton-on-the-Forest. It overlooks the village green and pond and is really pleasant. But I've just come across this...
https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/17937274.agar-arms-warthill-serves-last-pint---least-time/

Thanks for the tips David, I am only slightly familiar with those villages :) Shame about the Agar Arms :) :thumbsup:

:D:D I know I'm from Wigan, but I'm not that much from Wigan. :D

:D :D :thumbsup:

I know how you feel about those covers; it's rubbish material for knife covers.
0QJ4rop.jpg

I'd give my right arm for some fine bone covers on this one. :thumbsup:

Maybe a candidate for a makeover? Since there's usually only a fractional difference between the Bexoid and Rosewood models, I don't know why anyone ever buys them as new :rolleyes: Having said that, I don't mind the older Bexoid (which is different to the modern plastic used) :thumbsup:

q2pwP1Y.jpg

I just use butchers block oil. I've still half a bottle left that I picked up in Barnitts years ago.

That's just food-grade mineral too isn't it? Barnitt's never seem to have it in stock these days. The last place I saw it was in Peter Maturi's in Leeds, which must have been closed 10 years now :(

Tasty-looking lunch :) :thumbsup:

2001 A Lambsfoot Odyssey.

Face it... Y'all knew I'd do it. ;)

LOL! :D Well done John! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

David that would be a nice one to have new bone covers put on:thumbsup: I like a lambfoot and pen 2 blade:thumbsup: I'm having mine done in smooth horn. Here's a big un with the same nasty covers, because of that it's become a permanent resident of a pocket in my gym bag, otherwise it's a great knife.
s0SaemV.jpg

Decent steel on those knives at least ;) :thumbsup:

I enjoyed your photos of your walk in the local woods, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I also tip my hat to your noticing one of the little libraries, and your posing your stag HHB there. ;) I've read a book or two by Jack Higgins, I think. :cool:

Thank you Gary, I try to be observant! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Jack, do your robins migrate, or are they year-round residents of Yorkshire? In my area, the robins leave for the winter, and there's all this "cultural baggage" about robins being the harbingers of springtime.

I believe they do, but not all of them. I'm sure there are more around than in the past, and thought this might be to do with climate change, but apparently the movements of individual birds has more to do with food availability, rather than temperature :thumbsup:

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/blog/2019/05/do-robins-migrate/

Here's a term I've seen you use several times: bottle bank. Is that a recycling bin for glass? Do you pay a deposit on beverage containers when you buy beer and soft drinks?

Sorry Gary, but you have guessed correctly. When I was a boy, all drinks bottles had deposits on them, but it is very rare now. The deposit scheme seemed to be a very good idea to me, the glass bottles were heavier (and so suitable for home-brew), and it was a great way for kids to clean up the streets and acquire some pocket-money. The prize among us 'street-urchins' was a glass soda-syphon, the deposit on which was 10 Shillings and sixpence, enough to keep the whole gang in 'spice' (candy) for a fortnight! :cool: :thumbsup:

Handsome Hartshead Barlow, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

LamBarJack with me all week:
View attachment 1347455

Well-taken shot Gary, it shows off the wood well :thumbsup:

What struck me about your results, Jack, is that your dialect was judged least similar to an area of the US that we typically call New England! :eek::rolleyes:

:D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I see I’ve missed a lot over the weekend. First, I want to offer a heartfelt congratulations to Jack on 2000 pages. That’s a great milestone Jack! :thumbsup: I’m proud to have been sharing my love of the Lambsfoot with y’all since page 4 (below). Second, I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day! :thumbsup: We spent the day working like a team of borrowed mules! :rolleyes: We did take time to pickup some BBQ from a local restaurant. It was good, but not like homemade! I’m resting this morning, but I’ll be back at the yard and deck after lunch! I apologize for missing a lot of your posts. I’ll try to get caught up soon! :) :thumbsup:

My first post in the “Guardians of the Lambsfoot” thread! :D

In my pocket today. Y’all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

49938003256_a15dfe1bb3_o_d.jpg

Thank you Ron, it's nice to see your first post again, and your WCLF of course :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1347464 Something from the celebrated Joseph Rodgers to celebrate 2000 (and one) pages!!

Nice Rodgers Ben :) :thumbsup:

And nearly half of those have actually been about Lambsfoot knives! ;) :D :D

:rolleyes:

It is a bit odd, and to top it all off, the horn on that one has shrunken away from the liners. :confused:

Certainly looks like a knife with a checkered history Barrett, I think they had a cheek sending you that one o_O :thumbsup:

Cool pic Greg :) Are any games being played at the moment, I saw that the start of the season was delayed initially? :(

I lucked out; I was up with a newborn early this morning, otherwise I might’ve missed it! (I made that 2K photo back when the thread was on page 1985. I think in my mind I was thinking it was at 1995. So I was holding onto that picture for several days, hoping I didn’t miss the page, which of course went by fast!)

Don’t tell Jack, but that Colman’s Mustard might be my favorite condiment from England. :eek: :D Eleanor loves it, too, which surprised me a bit the first time she tried it. (I was expecting one of those reactions like when you give a baby a lemon.) :D

Good planning buddy :D :thumbsup:

I have never been able to enjoy mustard, and yet I love that Secret Aardvark, which I believe contains quite a bit of mustard :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. Beans & Toast...Quite the 2000 page milestone celebration!:D Congratulations!

A toast to the Guardians thread reaching the 2000 page milestone. This is the house that Jack built. Long may it continue. Congratulations. What a fine place this is.
View attachment 1347514

LOL! No expense spared at Grumble Towers Harvey :D I did have a splash of Henderson's ;) Thank you for all your many artistic contributions my friend :) :thumbsup:

Nice mug! :thumbsup: Seems like a good enough reason to recycle this Lambsfoot photo. :D

2IeYw2y.jpg

Stan the man! :thumbsup: A great photo Barrett! :cool: When I first saw the OG I thought you might have meant Old Guy! Which I am! ;) But I’m proud to be an OG, Original Guardian, Barrett! :D :thumbsup:

9d0376f8-aced-472f-ac2d-2e55bc11ec03-jpeg.1347514
Great post and photo Harvey! The house that Jack built!! :thumbsup: Yes indeed my friend! :D

Thank you Ron, it's nice to see your first post again, and your WCLF of course :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Hi Jack and hello to everyone.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Linus is still with me, still safe and hasn't been forgotten. My neighborhood branch of USPS is still closed. I have made 2 separate attempts at going downtown to the main branch only to find a line of at least 10+ people OUTSIDE the building. I have no idea how many more were inside. Linus' next destination outside of the US requires me to go in for the customs form, instead of being able to mail from home. I really hope that everyone involved understands and knows that my intentions are only the best, and eventually I will get him sent off, one way or another, and I am sorry for the inconvenience to all.
I hope someday soon to have more time to spend here again, I miss you folks. Be well.

FS7fbrF.jpg

Are any games being played at the moment, I saw that the start of the season was delayed initially?
I can't answer the baseball question...
However, some rodeos have started back up again.
Wouldn't you know, the cowboys weren't going to sit still for very long.
Saw some PBR contests with everybody wearing masks and bandannas. Small crowds.
Another local rodeo had full participation and crowd attendance, with no new cases after three weeks.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Linus is still with me, still safe and hasn't been forgotten. My neighborhood branch of USPS is still closed. I have made 2 separate attempts at going downtown to the main branch only to find a line of at least 10+ people OUTSIDE the building. I have no idea how many more were inside. Linus' next destination outside of the US requires me to go in for the customs form, instead of being able to mail from home. I really hope that everyone involved understands and knows that my intentions are only the best, and eventually I will get him sent off, one way or another, and I am sorry for the inconvenience to all.
I hope someday soon to have more time to spend here again, I miss you folks. Be well.

FS7fbrF.jpg

Hey Mark, great to see you here my friend - and Linus too :) The mail is still a mess here too :(

I can't answer the baseball question...
However, some rodeos have started back up again.
Wouldn't you know, the cowboys weren't going to sit still for very long.
Saw some PBR contests with everybody wearing masks and bandannas. Small crowds.
Another local rodeo had full participation and crowd attendance, with no new cases after three weeks.

"Cowboy up cupcake!" :D :thumbsup: Rodeo sounds like a lot of fun John, to watch anyway :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Barrett, are you a closet Cardinal fan? :D

No closet involved! :D I'm a lifelong Cardinals fan. :thumbsup: Here I am attending my first game at the old Busch Stadium.

XhottSF.jpg

Are any games being played at the moment, I saw that the start of the season was delayed initially? :(

No baseball for now. They're talking about possibly starting up in July with a modified season and expanded playoffs.

I have never been able to enjoy mustard, and yet I love that Secret Aardvark, which I believe contains quite a bit of mustard :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

I've only ever found a few mustards that I don't like! :D I didn't realize there was mustard in Secret Aardvark, but sure enough, there it is on the ingredients list. I guess I couldn't taste it under the habanero. :eek: :D

Stan the man! :thumbsup: A great photo Barrett! :cool: When I first saw the OG I thought you might have meant Old Guy! Which I am! ;) But I’m proud to be an OG, Original Guardian, Barrett! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks, Ron! :thumbsup: :D

Here's some fresh Lambsfoot content.

Hn4hdle.jpg

FS7fbrF.jpg

Great photo Mark :thumbsup::)

With page 2000 swiftly approaching, I thought we'd better have a giveaway :) I managed to find one of the 10 knives I had made up with vintage African Rosewood covers...

vturM74.jpg

It's only open to Guardians, but here's the twist, you can nominate someone who doesn't have a Lambsfoot knife to receive this one as a prize. They must have at least 20 posts in the Traditional forum to qualify (please check), agree to give the knife a try, and not sell it (they can put it up for another giveaway or pass it on to another member here). To enter, please say that you're in, name the member you're nominating, and say why you're nominating them to win a Lambsfoot knife :thumbsup:

Edit 9.34am (GMT) 26-5-20

Disappointed to see that nobody has entered, so I'm going to withdraw this for now :( Maybe another time :thumbsup:
Hey, Jack, that was a great idea for a giveaway, and if I had seen it would have tried to nominate someone that didn't have a lambsfoot. But may I suggest the reason there may not have been entries is that Memorial Day is a big holiday here in the US, and many people travel, even during this pandemic. I myself got up early and drove halfway across the state to meet my son, who traveled an equal distance. My daughter is spending a few weeks with him and his family, and will be doing some babysitting. Then we drove to San Antonio to visit my uncle, who is not in good health. Got home late and exhausted. Glanced at some BF posts that evening, but hadn't checked in during the day. I notice that your post was at some ungodly hour (US central time it was 4 or 5 in the morning!). So I am thinking lots of others may have been busy. Also, I don't know too many on the Porch without a lambsfoot!

No closet involved! :D I'm a lifelong Cardinals fan. :thumbsup: Here I am attending my first game at the old Busch Stadium.

XhottSF.jpg

No baseball for now. They're talking about possibly starting up in July with a modified season and expanded playoffs.

I've only ever found a few mustards that I don't like! :D I didn't realize there was mustard in Secret Aardvark, but sure enough, there it is on the ingredients list. I guess I couldn't taste it under the habanero. :eek: :D

Thanks, Ron! :thumbsup: :D

Here's some fresh Lambsfoot content.

Hn4hdle.jpg

Awwwwww :cool: :) Such a great pic Barrett :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I made a chilli earlier, it was so hot it kind of left me (pleasantly) exhausted! :D :thumbsup:

That's another cool pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations on the massive 2000 pages Jack and everyone, one of the busiest, fastest moving threads!!!
Fantastic stuff!!!

Thanks Duncan, always a treat when you stop by pal :) Hope you can introduce me to this lady one day, seems to have some sand :cool: ;) :thumbsup:

uA87foC.jpg

My Tadcaster treat tonight is Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout :) Makes you feel sorry for those folks who think regular Guinness is a great stout ;) Roasted Barley and a little cane sugar gives it a slightly treacley taste, but there's only a little sweetness there, like all the Sam Smith's beers it's very well-balanced. The oatmeal gives it some nice creaminess, a very tasty stout :) One of the strange features of this range is the back-label serving suggestions, which in this case starts with 'pizza and salad' :rolleyes: I don't know what pizza in Tadcaster is like, but the whole place is, for better and worse, a little stuck in time (don't visit on a Saturday, it's shut!), and pizza comes from 'Tadkebab', the takeaway next to the public toilets :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

1732407_3f4f5ff7.jpg

But look at the view across the road ;) :thumbsup:

0WKth1X.jpg

Hey, Jack, that was a great idea for a giveaway, and if I had seen it would have tried to nominate someone that didn't have a lambsfoot. But may I suggest the reason there may not have been entries is that Memorial Day is a big holiday here in the US, and many people travel, even during this pandemic. I myself got up early and drove halfway across the state to meet my son, who traveled an equal distance. My daughter is spending a few weeks with him and his family, and will be doing some babysitting. Then we drove to San Antonio to visit my uncle, who is not in good health. Got home late and exhausted. Glanced at some BF posts that evening, but hadn't checked in during the day. I notice that your post was at some ungodly hour (US central time it was 4 or 5 in the morning!). So I am thinking lots of others may have been busy. Also, I don't know too many on the Porch without a lambsfoot!

OK Vince, you've twisted my arm! :D Thanks for letting me know about that (though it was up over 24 hours, and I put a link in my sig line) :) However, I'm not running it with under a dozen valid entries :thumbsup: 'Ungodly hour'? In Yorkshire?! :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

OK folks here's a link to the giveaway, spread the love! ;) :thumbsup:

Back