Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Let’s hope page 2020 of this thread is better than 2020 the year! :eek: :confused: (At least it’ll go by faster.) ;)

Looks like she's popping out of the can! :D

It does, doesn’t it? :D

Thanks Barrett, wee tinder pouch I picked up at the Jorvik Viking Festival :)

I can't remember the last time I had a Viennese Whirl, I've certainly never bought them. For the past 20 years, it's been only very occasionally I've brought home biscuits/cookies, cake, candy, pie, etc, as I can polish them off pretty quickly, and would end up being a lot fatter than I am already :eek: When, I do buy biscuits, I tend to go with the simple ones, such as Digestives, or Fig Rolls (Fig Newtons) occasionally. During the lockdown, I thought I should treat myself a little, but as it's gone on so long now, the combination of pies (only 3 in 2 months), biscuits, and a LOT of beer, and less exercise than usual, is something I may need to address ;) :thumbsup:

For some reason I’ve always fascinated by all sorts of small containers, pouches, etc. That pouch looks like a nice one! :thumbsup:

I didn’t figure the Viennese Whirl would be your kind of biscuit. :D They are very sweet, but I have to admit that I enjoyed them when I’ve had them — and those were just the packaged Mr. Kipling ones. I’d imagine they might be even better homemade, although I don’t know if that’s the sort of thing people actually do (other than the types who go on that Bake Off show). :D

I admire your restraint when it comes to indulging in sweets; I’m often not very good at resisting the temptation, and I, too, have given myself a bit too much leeway during the last few months! :confused:

My new normal for good. :D
X9iml4K.jpg

I’m guessing 4T’s is a local brewery? Looks like you‘re stocked up on stouts! :D :thumbsup:

zQ96s2W.jpg

Not every woman is as cool as Rachel.
Sad but true! ;):p
Oh no... That one looks far to good.
I'm speaking of the 1982 post apocalyptic thriller.

Apparently in the future, bad guys (including Frankenstein's monster), will be stored in crates. :D
Worst movie ever: "They Saved Hitler's Brain"
Interesting story, Rachel. :cool::cool::thumbsup: I'm almost sure we always called them "strainers" when I was a lad, but I have no recollection of when I started using the term "colander" for a holey aluminum bowl. What did you call the wire-mesh "basket" with a long handle? I still call those strainers.

That's what we called/call strainers.
My colanders are Mirros, marked on the outside just under the rolled rim.
vwvUYYC.jpg
I believe those were called "sifters" as in flour sifters, although the very smallest one might be a "tea strainer"

Here's my Rosewood Hartshead, with a friend:
5xakTq9.jpg

Stan has wonderful grain in his Ironwood. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks John! :)

Thank you so much, Ron. I love how you have captured the beautiful grain in that Ironwood.

I think I will join you in carrying a bit of Ironwood today - switch it up a little. This time, I'll show off the pile side - markedly different, yet striking.

0kWkWl3.jpg
Thanks Dylan, I get lucky and get a good photo every once in a while! ;) Now you my friend are consistently providing us with beautiful images to enjoy! :thumbsup: The pile side is stunning Dylan! :thumbsup: :)

Ron, maybe I like that knife so much because it enjoys chili dogs! ;):cool::cool:

My Lambsfoot this week is my Man Jack:
mj-pile-slip-jpg.1351850
Chili dogs! :thumbsup: Man Jack! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Sounds great Jack! :thumbsup: Pam's working in the office today. I left out at 6am this morning to pick up some bolts and a new drill bit at Home Depot. It's going to be another beautiful day here. The highs are going to be in the upper 80's and the humadity is also creeping back up! :eek: I'm just enjoying a leisurely morning on the forum with my friends. :cool: Sitting here enjoying a nice cup of French Roast and a couple of beautiful knives! :) :thumbsup:

That all sounds good to me Ron :) :thumbsup:

Another morning and on the way to Wound Care again today:eek: but I'm not carrying a Lambfoot with me. However, I've assigned this "Lil-un" with Pere David Stag and upswept handle desk duty.
UJq8TJd.jpg

Hope Wound Care went OK Ed :thumbsup: That must look good on your desk :thumbsup:

They've seen my Lambsfoot.
They are generally unimpressed.

:eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

Not every woman is as cool as Rachel.

:thumbsup:

X9iml4K.jpg

:) :thumbsup:

I hope the day has been going well for everyone today.

'ere! 'ere! Les ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. A fine pic of your Hartshead this morning - interesting comic too, I like it.

0kWkWl3.jpg

Thank you Dylan, great pic :cool: Wow! That pile side sure is striking :cool: :thumbsup:

The following images are a fair representation of my Pére David. The handles are a departure from what I’m used to. The oddness is part of it’s attraction to me. I love the way this knife feels in my grip. As I examine the knife more closely, I notice its’ flaws, but I find it’s overall look and feel more than compensate for any single issue.
View attachment 1351829

View attachment 1351831

View attachment 1351832

View attachment 1351834

I’m with you on blade centering. No blade rubs, so no worries. Action is quite good. The Pho and apple pie goes nicely with your Hartshead.

Thank you Harvey, I'm glad you're pleased with your new Lambsfoot, chunky stag can certainly make for a comfortable user, and yours looks handsome :thumbsup: Cutting stag thin, from the inside, leaving the bark, seems to be a skill the Sheffield cutlers have either lost or choose not to use, for the most part :(

JJ is a good nomination, Harvey; I'll second that! ;):cool::cool:

If you want to enter GT, I'll be happy to give JJ a second shot :thumbsup:

Join the crowd, Jack! I'm frequently accused of being full of one substance or another! :eek::D
The governor of my state announced yesterday that grocery stores may start accepting bottle/can returns (with limitations TBA) starting 15 June. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the color commentary! ;)

:D :thumbsup:

My Lambsfoot this week is my Man Jack:
View attachment 1351850

- GT

Nice pic of your Man Jack Gary :) :thumbsup:

Today’s carry and bake.
k5apizb.jpg

Looking good Dave :) :thumbsup:

Good Afternoon Guardians
Call me crazy, but I absolutely LOVE the Rich Tea Biscuits.

LOL! :D That's good John, you're a cheap date! :D ;) Would you ever refer to them as cookies though? I was wondering about that, and some online research saw US aficionados referring to them as 'English tea biscuits'. I have come across very similar plain biscuits in a lot of countries. Nice photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Let’s hope page 2020 of this thread is better than 2020 the year! :eek: :confused: (At least it’ll go by faster.) ;)

Yes indeed! :eek: o_O :thumbsup:

For some reason I’ve always fascinated by all sorts of small containers, pouches, etc. That pouch looks like a nice one! :thumbsup:

Same here Barrett :D Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

I didn’t figure the Viennese Whirl would be your kind of biscuit. :D They are very sweet, but I have to admit that I enjoyed them when I’ve had them — and those were just the packaged Mr. Kipling ones. I’d imagine they might be even better homemade, although I don’t know if that’s the sort of thing people actually do (other than the types who go on that Bake Off show). :D

I don't think I've ever turned down a biscuit! :D ;) :thumbsup:

:D :D :thumbsup:

I admire your restraint when it comes to indulging in sweets; I’m often not very good at resisting the temptation, and I, too, have given myself a bit too much leeway during the last few months! :confused:

My lack of restraint is the reason I don't generally have them in the house Barrett! :D :thumbsup:

Fresh from the tin, and looking good my friend :) :thumbsup:

Sad but true! ;):p

:D :thumbsup:

I believe those were called "sifters" as in flour sifters, although the very smallest one might be a "tea strainer"

I haven't heard that word in ages Rachel :) :thumbsup:

Here's my Rosewood Hartshead, with a friend:
5xakTq9.jpg

Cool pic :) :thumbsup:

My Staffordshire Bull Terrier, June turned 12 today! View attachment 1351948

View attachment 1351949

Nice Staffie Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, I hope everyone is well, and keeping safe. It's raining quite heavily here today, first time in weeks (we had the sunniest May on record). Don't think I'll be going far today, but I'm carrying my Rosewood Big 'Un just in case ;) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

9wF2hoS.jpg

Your MM Barlow looks great. I'll be getting my MM Sheffield Barlow back from being reconstructed soon. Pictures look good. It's been a long and arduous road with this thing and I will share with all once it's back with me.

Thank you, Bill. I hope yours looks great.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

You called? :D

LOL! :D That's good John, you're a cheap date! :D ;) Would you ever refer to them as cookies though?
I would call them a cookie, although they do remind me of what you'd get if you crossed a cookie with a cracker. I really like the texture and the mellow flavor, my boys do too. They won't last long. :D

One of my boys hit the nail on the head when he said they had the same flavor as Animal Crackers.

That border had me really confused first thing in the morning. :D

Great photos, Ron and Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

LOL! No I've not but I'll make it my new lockdown mission to do so. :D

Thanks chaps. It looks like a proper piece of quality kit. :thumbsup:

X9iml4K.jpg

Was that the one with huge gaps and a near right angle blade? :oops:

The one with Ursula Andress?

Ahh that's a shame. I worked in a haunted pub for a couple of years and sensitivity, or lack thereof, seemed to be no obstacle for anyone watching and listening to those shenanigans.:thumbsup:
Yep David, My MM lambfoot looked near impossible to do anything with. All I have are pictures of what it now looks like. Very much improved thanks to @jsdistin. I was refunded my money by the maker and got to keep the knife too so putting a few $$ into it was worth the gamble.

Back