Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thank you Jack. Seeing all that beautiful bread, I look forward to seeing the sandwiches. Have a good weekend.:)

Both the new walkers and the Lamb Foot have a lotta soul.
View attachment 1353224

Thanks Harvey, I'm not sure I have anything very exciting to make sandwiches with unfortunately :( I really need to do some shopping, but the weekend isn't a good time. I dare say I can hold out ;) Cool pic my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

IUsVeKG.jpg

Terrific horn Randy :thumbsup:

You're making me hungry Kevin, and I've only just had breakfast! :D :thumbsup:

Guardians, some of you know about the difficulties I had with a "custom Lambfoot knife that I purchased from a certain cutler in Sheffield. The knife was attractive to look at but was so messed up it was totally unacceptable (blade grind was atrocious, spring gaps very poor, blade not centered at all, etc.). The cutler blamed the poor quality on his apprentice.:rolleyes: The cutler, however, did the right thing and refunded my money plus he let me keep the worlds pile of junk he sold to me. I decided to take a small gamble and have someone attempt to fix things. It turned out well and now I'm happy with it. @jsdistin did the work which included reprofiling and centering the blade and tightening up the gaps at the spring/liner interface with the scales.
Before photos (picture don't do justice to how bad it was) and no good photos of the poor grind on the blade:
View attachment 1353324 View attachment 1353334
After:
View attachment 1353343 View attachment 1353346 View attachment 1353347 View attachment 1353348 View attachment 1353349

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Glad you were able to salvage something Bill, what a shoddy affair o_O For me, the worst part of it was the BS about the 'apprentice', utterly pathetic :thumbsdown: Thanks for showing us how the knife eventually turned out after some skilled attention :thumbsup:

It looks delicious Jack! I checked out the web site and now I’m hungry! ;) You’re lucky to have them Jack. :thumbsup: I checked to see if they delivered to the states, but no luck! :( :D

Thanks Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Sorry they're not doing deliveries across The Pond Ron ;) :D :thumbsup:

Nice pics from your walk today Jack :thumbsup:

My pleasure to share more pics, I assumed it was before Viners and my best guess is 1920's, I typically don't buy into a sellers age statement on Sheffield knives as they claim it's old as dirt in an effort to bring a higher price. Most of the post 1900 American made knives are easy to determine a time range but not the same on Sheffield or at least for me:confused:
D52TnEl.jpg

jR3e7cc.jpg

HJw7o7C.jpg

nhV6y2H.jpg

Mouth watering tacos:eek::thumbsup:

Thank you Rob, I'm afraid I didn't take many with the weather being poor. Thanks for the extra pics of your Thomas Turner. I definitely don't think it came out of the Viner's factory! The knives that they put the Thomas Turner stamp on tend to be more modern and simple in construction, and the stamp itself was simplified.

KVXD3na.jpg

That's a nice full Lambsfoot blade, and a good range of Turner stamps :thumbsup: Not much left of this one unfortunately! :eek:

6zD5DZJ.jpg

3saMKKy.jpg

aGh2cMI.jpg

JpZj783.jpg

1JGDljh.jpg

LOL! Thanks, Jack, but I think I'm a little lacking in the rosy cheeks department.
But the coffee was muy Bueno!

LOL! :D Good to hear you enjoyed the coffee my friend :) I was up at 4.00am, so I think I'll be needing an extra cup this morning :thumbsup:

Fantastic news Dan, congratulations to your daughter, and her proud dad :) Thanks for the great photos :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK, and staying safe and well. I hope that those of you who have been working have a restful weekend, and that everyone finds something interesting and enjoyable to do, including one from Sheffield's Abbeydale Brewery :)

I had a few different beers last night :) :thumbsup:

DKGaY1F.jpg

HUJh4j2.jpg

T9pC7eG.jpg

It's been raining here since late afternoon yesterday, so I don't think I'll be doing much today, apart from some house-work :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey, I'm not sure I have anything very exciting to make sandwiches with unfortunately :( I really need to do some shopping, but the weekend isn't a good time. I dare say I can hold out ;) Cool pic my friend :cool: :thumbsup:

Terrific horn Randy :thumbsup:

You're making me hungry Kevin, and I've only just had breakfast! :D :thumbsup:

Glad you were able to salvage something Bill, what a shoddy affair o_O For me, the worst part of it was the BS about the 'apprentice', utterly pathetic :thumbsdown: Thanks for showing us how the knife eventually turned out after some skilled attention :thumbsup:

Sorry they're not doing deliveries across The Pond Ron ;) :D :thumbsup:

Thank you Rob, I'm afraid I didn't take many with the weather being poor. Thanks for the extra pics of your Thomas Turner. I definitely don't think it came out of the Viner's factory! The knives that they put the Thomas Turner stamp on tend to be more modern and simple in construction, and the stamp itself was simplified.

KVXD3na.jpg

That's a nice full Lambsfoot blade, and a good range of Turner stamps :thumbsup: Not much left of this one unfortunately! :eek:

6zD5DZJ.jpg

3saMKKy.jpg

aGh2cMI.jpg

JpZj783.jpg

1JGDljh.jpg

LOL! :D Good to hear you enjoyed the coffee my friend :) I was up at 4.00am, so I think I'll be needing an extra cup this morning :thumbsup:

Fantastic news Dan, congratulations to your daughter, and her proud dad :) Thanks for the great photos :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK, and staying safe and well. I hope that those of you who have been working have a restful weekend, and that everyone finds something interesting and enjoyable to do, including one from Sheffield's Abbeydale Brewery :)

I had a few different beers last night :) :thumbsup:

DKGaY1F.jpg

HUJh4j2.jpg

T9pC7eG.jpg

It's been raining here since late afternoon yesterday, so I don't think I'll be doing much today, apart from some house-work :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Yes, shoddy affair describes it perfectly:thumbsup:. Salvaged the knife and I'm more happy with it for sure. Razor sharp and ready for action:D
IMG_2409.JPG

Yes, shoddy affair describes it perfectly:thumbsup:. Salvaged the knife and I'm more happy with it for sure. Razor sharp and ready for action:D
View attachment 1353691

Be easier to forgive if there was less self-promotion, and more humility, not to mention honesty, involved Bill. Sad to think some of those reading the published guff may think that's the work of a "Sheffield Master Cutler" o_O I'm glad you got a useable knife in the end :thumbsup:

I like the name of the beer.
One of my favorite Sci-Fi Space Ships was named Serenity. :cool::thumbsup:

That was a good series/movie wasn't it John? :) They seem to have a bit of a theme going at that brewery ;) :thumbsup:

32-abbeydale-websitev2-heresy-gf-440.png
32-abbeydale-websitev2-unbelievertropberl-gfvg-440.png
32-abbeydale-websitev2-voyager21-gfvg-440.png

Good Morning Guardians and Happy Saturday
It feels like an Ebony kind of day to me. Not much planned today.
pst.jpg

Looking good John, thought you might be interested in my biscuit choice today! :D ;) :thumbsup:

m1MD9Jj.jpg

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone enjoys the weekend:thumbsup:

Your Turner still has nice stag and a cool pinched bolster :thumbsup::thumbsup: thanks for the info, I wonder if the ones without the "Cutlers to his majesty" stamping came before or after that stamp ?
Thanks Jack:thumbsup:

KVXD3na.jpg

6zD5DZJ.jpg

3saMKKy.jpg

aGh2cMI.jpg

JpZj783.jpg

1JGDljh.jpg

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone enjoys the weekend:thumbsup:

Your Turner still has nice stag and a cool pinched bolster :thumbsup::thumbsup: thanks for the info, I wonder if the ones without the "Cutlers to his majesty" stamping came before or after that stamp ?
Thanks Jack:thumbsup:

Thanks Rob, I mainly bought it to have an example of the pinched bolsters in case one of the Sheffield firms had been willing to recreate them :rolleyes: Hard to say about the stamp, they could have even existed at the same time, since Thomas Turner's was a huge producer in its day, and would have used out-workers and sub-contracted small firms like all the other Sheffield cutlers. Turner's 1902 catalogue, which you can find in the appropriate sticky, shows a mixture of blade stamps, but those stamps may have been simplified by the artist who did the line-drawings for the publication. Turner's became a limited company in 1918, but that may not have made any difference to the tang-stamps. Ownership of the company also changed, it was bought by Joseph Hobson & Co in 1893, and became part of Sheffield Cutlery Manufacturers Ltd in 1916. It was bought by Lee & Crookes in 1932, before being bought by Viners. I'm afraid I'm unsure when they were granted the Royal Warrant :thumbsup:

Are the beans hot or cold? Do you toast the bread? Doesn't look as good as Spam and peanut butter, but I may try it.

Hot beans on toasted bread Vince, buttered or un-buttered according to preference. You can add some black pepper, grated cheese, Henderson's Relish and/or Tabasco if you want :thumbsup:

I thought you were supposed to mash the beans up a little before putting them on the bread. :p
My wife had some British friends and that was the way they did it.

I've not heard of that before Les. Beans on Toast is often a dish people have eaten since childhood here, so perhaps the bean-mashing was specific to their family! :D :thumbsup:

One of the BEST! :cool::thumbsup:

I may have to try the Hobnobs next.
The Dark Teas are gone, the boys and I thought they were great.

The Hobnobs are good John, more of a cookie to my way of thinking, with oats and golden syrup :)

Great pics David, and somewhere I definitely need to visit :thumbsup:

An easy 20ish minute walk from the station or on the ?number 1 bus.

It's very bad.

Oh on a rainy Saturday the badder the better. :D:thumbsup:

Also a great background image. :cool::thumbsup:

Incredible design, Great photo David!:cool::thumbsup:

Cheers chaps. :thumbsup:

The cottonwood hasn’t been as bad this year (at least, not yet). Here’s a picture I took last year around this time. :D

HGMOj2w.jpg

Oh I bet that's a joy to sweep up after it's rained. :D

Sorry about the pubs, David, but I’m glad you’re at least able to support a local brewery! :thumbsup: They opened restaurants and bars here on June 1st, but they’re only allowed to utilize outdoor seating areas, which obviously excludes a lot of places.

Yeah they could of done that here but haven't. :rolleyes:

A lot of smaller microbreweries here only sell their beer in their own taprooms. I imagine things have been tough on them, although they’ve at least been able to do to-go orders in growlers.

I posted a link in this thread a few weeks back to a report I'd read about the effect of this fiasco on U.S craft brewers and it made sober reading. :( It was estimating as many as 40% may not survive, which I sincerely hope has not been the case.

Cheese grits definitely would’ve made me jealous! :D Much like Duke’s Mayonnaise, grits aren’t always easy to find in grocery stores here. In fact, I haven’t ‘em in a while; might have to fix that soon. ;) :thumbsup:

I did stock up on a few of these recently. :D

8qij2BT.jpg

I've got to see if I can find someone stocking this Duke's mayo as it seems to be highly regarded.

View attachment 1353691

Much improved and those covers are real nice. :thumbsup:

I'm recycling a pic from winter cos it's grim and miserable round me today.
GKOwCML.jpg

I hope your all having a decent Saturday.:thumbsup:

An easy 20ish minute walk from the station or on the ?number 1 bus.

Yes, I remember you saying it wasn't far from the centre David :) I have missed my trips over to York, I'm glad I went over for the Viking festival now :thumbsup:

I'm recycling a pic from winter cos it's grim and miserable round me today.
GKOwCML.jpg

I hope your all having a decent Saturday.:thumbsup:

Nice pic David :thumbsup:

Back