Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

:D :thumbsup:

Great to see Black Jack GT :) :thumbsup:

I'm glad you finally got your prize! :) Hope you enjoy using it :thumbsup:

I'll see if I can find some more pics Bill :) I took that photo at a local canal festival we went to, not sure who organised the Morgans, a local club I imagine :)

I'm with you on the Malts Bill, far too precious to dilute :) Excellent composition :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I don't think so Jer, but there could have been I guess. I've never had them :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack - my motto is..."I'm too old to drink cheap booze":D:D:D

Thank you kindly, Dennis.

Cool image, Dennis.

Smashing images, Chin. Always a treat.

Yes. 7.65 mm is a 32 Cal., same as my Seecamp. My Dad fought and was wounded at the Battle of Bulge.He was in the 3rd Armored Division. Love to see a pic. A 32 cal. is a “belly gun.” Good concealment.

I inherited from my father-in-law, who was an MP in Paris who liberated from a POW, a 25 cal officer’s pistol.
View attachment 1364148

View attachment 1364149
Here's some photos of a FN semi-auto model 1910. Serial #7201 (date of mfr 1912-1913) My dad liberated this pistol during the Battle of the Bulge sometime between October 3rd and 17th 1944 in Butgenbach, Belgium. There he sustained a severe injury during a V1 rocket attack and had part of his left hand amputated. Later that year (in December) they liberated Malmedy, Belgium where SS troops, before retreating, massacred 84 US servicemen. My father was in the headquarters Battalion of the 200th Field Artillery and recipient of the Purple Heart and Bronze Star medals.
IMG_2456.JPG IMG_2457.JPG
And here's my favorite knife, my HHB
IMG_2435.JPG

Last edited:
That is quite an heirloom Harvey, great pics :cool: :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack. It’s a nice touchstone to both of them.

I thought I'd drop my AC in my pocket today :)
Your AC is a stunner. Lovely covers. Excellent image, Jack.

Those cufflinks are fantastic and must of taken some real skill
Thank you David. I wish I had that skill.:D

But of course this was back in the day when teachers would receive gratitude off the parents for disciplining their children and not lawsuits.

That's a great story about your dad Harvey. :thumbsup: Do you still shoot it?
Thank you David. Neither my father-in-law, or myself have ever fired it. If I ever did, it would need spa tx, and fresh rounds.

That knife looks similar to tasty baked good! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you GT.:)

Black Jack in the woodlot:
Black Jack is looking great, GT.

Looks like I'm an official member now.
A great Lamb Foot to start the journey. Congratulations!

Good Afternoon Guardians
9F8FDA49-6873-4AE7-A007-AA3971A91285.jpeg

Here's some photos of a FN semi-auto model 1910. Serial #7201 (date of mfr 1912-1913) My dad liberated this pistol during the Battle of the Bulge sometime between October 3rd and 17th 1944 in Butgenbach, Belgium.
Much respect for your Father. Can’t thank him and everyone else, enough. Thank you for sharing, as well as the images of the liberated pistol.

Harvey, Great pile side photo of your HHB!
Thank you kindly, Bill. Your Hartshead caught some beautiful light.

Good Morning Guardians and anyone else looking in.

All lined up in a row.
uvVf3QO.jpg

Great line-up Ed :cool: :) :thumbsup:

We enjoyed our trip Jack, looking forward to seeing pics of some of the beers you received today:thumbsup:
Good work on the ebony knives you sent out:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice picture of those 4 Ed:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's good to hear Rob :) Thank you my friend :) I sure got a lot of beer yesterday, there must be 200 bottles! :eek: Thought I'd stock up while the going is good ;) Here's one of the new ones I had last night :thumbsup:

FCDDMsq.jpg

Yeah but boy did we know how to behave. :eek::D
I'm surprised that chap didn't gag you at the same time.

Aye it is, I love cockles. Of course they make your beer go flat. :(
Great song, not seen that before. :thumbsup:

Fresh supply acquired. However they've changed the label since the last time I bought some.
JJpVDSo.jpg

LOL! :D I was just warming up aged seven, but I got there ;) :thumbsup:

Do you not know the song David? I've known it since I was a small child :thumbsup:

Good work! :) Henderson's seems to be very widely available now, their production must have increased quite a bit since the days when they had two old ladies filling bottles by hand (in the 90's)! :D They've had that label a few years now I think, and seem to alternate it, but I prefer the other. Still a great pic though :) :thumbsup:

Still can't take pictures so I'm posting old ones and I may get some I've recently posted.

B9T5xfa.jpg

I really like that pic Randy :) :thumbsup:

A quick trip to the comic book store...
Wasn't sure about the DC Re-Birth, but it wasn't bad.

I'm way out of touch with comics I'm afraid :( Cool pic John :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack - my motto is..."I'm too old to drink cheap booze":D:D:D

Here's some photos of a FN semi-auto model 1910. Serial #7201 (date of mfr 1912-1913) My dad liberated this pistol during the Battle of the Bulge sometime between October 3rd and 17th 1944 in Butgenbach, Belgium. There he sustained a severe injury during a V1 rocket attack and had part of his left hand amputated. Later that year (in December) they liberated Malmedy, Belgium where SS troops, before retreating, massacred 84 US servicemen. My father was in the headquarters Battalion of the 200th Field Artillery and recipient of the Purple Heart and Bronze Star medals.
View attachment 1364670 View attachment 1364671
View attachment 1364684

What an incredible story Bill, what a generation. We owe men like your father so much :) Thanks for telling us about him, and for the great pics :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. It’s a nice touchstone to both of them.

Your AC is a stunner. Lovely covers. Excellent image, Jack.

Thank you David. I wish I had that skill.:D

Thank you David. Neither my father-in-law, or myself have ever fired it. If I ever did, it would need spa tx, and fresh rounds.

Thank you GT.:)

Black Jack is looking great, GT.

A great Lamb Foot to start the journey. Congratulations!

Good Afternoon Guardians
View attachment 1364673

Yes indeed :) Thank you for the kind words my friend :) I love that photo :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Idk how many limes I sliced this passed week...:cool: but it was a lot...
View attachment 1364972
When I got home picked the garden and made pickled carrots and green beans:thumbsup::thumbsup:View attachment 1364973

Feels like I haven't posted here in ages. Hope everyone had a fantastic father's day!!!

Sounds like you've been busy Taylor :) Amazing patina on your Lambsfoot, and the pickles look great too :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, I went to bed exhausted last night, but woke up at first light. I can see a nap in store this afternoon ;) :D First order of business today is finding more places to put all the beer that is still cluttering up my hall :eek: :D Looks like a nice day outside again here in Yorkshire :) Have a good one Guardians :) Back with my Hartshead Barlow today :thumbsup:

6B3ACZ3.jpg

Lovely Lambsfoot, but I didn't need THAT song stuck in my head. Lol... :D:thumbsup:
:D, I know, it was stuck in my brain too long after I posted it, glad I didn't post the video!
I was down at Phillip Island on the weekend and these highland cattle certainly would have had pretty sharp haircuts back then!

nvTkkrJ.jpg
Beautiful photos and country! I love the look of Highland cattle.:cool::thumbsup:
Great looking lambfoot knife Dennis
Thank you very much, Bill!

The lawn, BTW, is pictured here from my former residence - 3 acres of mowed yard. :eek::eek::eek:
hhb-and-morgan-jpg.1363870
Great photo, Bill! Great looking Morgan!
Since it's Monday, I've rotated my knives again, and my lambsfoot this week is Black Jack, the Guardians ebony lambsfoot:
bj-mark-vopen-up-sunset-jpg.1363934
A real handsome Black Jack, Gary! It deserves the "pedestal "!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I know what knife I'll be carrying the rest of the week! Better photos tomorrow.

EDf0PA9.jpg
What a dandy! Congratulations!:cool::thumbsup: Jack is an incredibly fine gentleman!
Almost forgot to thank you for the kind words regarding my lawn...thanks!:)

img_1593-jpg.1363970
Classy all the way around, Bill!:eek::thumbsup:
almost done and of course had a couple of beers in the late afternoon.
7q4V5Lo.jpg
Nothing better than a couple of beers after a busy day!:cool::thumbsup:
Cool image, Dennis.
Thank you much my friend!:)
Harvey, I have a 7.65 mm ACP that my Dad liberated during the Battle of the Bulge:). I think that it is the same as a 32 cal. Your take?
Yes. 7.65 mm is a 32 Cal., same as my Seecamp. My Dad fought and was wounded at the Battle of Bulge.He was in the 3rd Armored Division. Love to see a pic. A 32 cal. is a “belly gun.” Good concealment

I inherited from my father-in-law, who was an MP in Paris who liberated from a POW, a 25 cal officer’s pistol.
e043f82a-aa19-4d7e-94b7-5df1ce5b39bd-jpeg.1364148
Great history with both of your fathers! Glad you have an incredible family heirloom to pass along!
I had obtained two Makarov's 9x18 in the Gulf, one for my dad (two tours of Vietnam) and one for me, but the upper echelon would not allow us to bring anything back, it did upset me more than a bit!:mad:
I thought I'd drop my AC in my pocket today :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

21qTgtG.jpg
The apple of your eye? Love your AC, Jack!
Great looking ebony, José!
Cool pic! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you very much, Gary!
Black Jack in the woodlot:
mark-v-woods-jpg.1364294
Such beautiful ebony, my favorite material! Ace's with that one, GT!:eek::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians! Raining here today so my activity will be indoors. I’m going to be carrying my Waynorth Cutlery Jigged Bone Lambsfoot! Have a safe and productive day! :) :thumbsup:

49756266323_77a548a1d2_o_d.jpg
Fantastic photograph of your WCLF, Ron!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Home run for sure with that one, Chuck!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Mulder and Scully found their way out of the woods, so I've got my rosewood big'un in my pocket today.
eQKshxu.jpg
I hope Queequeg made it out with them!?:D:thumbsup:
And Lambfoot content with a lil sumpin for a hot afternoon.
dUiXJj3.jpg
We've been to Branson a couple of times, enjoy getting on Table Rock Lake, but will have to look up Lake Taneycomo, looks a little more peaceful. Great shot of your Lambsfoot, great looking knife for sure, Rob!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians :)

Ez2cxJr.jpg
Cool photo, Dan! What is it abiut railroad tracks that draws us, i love walking along them. Maybe reminders of childhood adventures!
Good Morning Guardians
Things are looking Rosie for you, John!:cool::thumbsup:
I think I'm gonna like it :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Wow, congratulations, Don! Welcome and look forward to more posts from you.
Good Morning Guardians and anyone else looking in.

All lined up in a row.
uvVf3QO.jpg
A great lineup, Ed! Hope you continue to heal up and get healthy!:thumbsup:
Fresh supply acquired. However they've changed the label since the last time I bought some.
JJpVDSo.jpg
Spicy shot of your HHB, David!:cool::thumbsup:
Still can't take pictures so I'm posting old ones and I may get some I've recently posted.

B9T5xfa.jpg
A class "A" photo, Randy!:)
A quick trip to the comic book store...
Wasn't sure about the DC Re-Birth, but it wasn't bad.
Very cool, John!! Haven't bought a comic book in 30 years, for my sons of course!:D:thumbsup: Nice photo!
Good Afternoon Guardians
9f8fda49-6873-4ae7-a007-aa3971a91285-jpeg.1364673
Sweet treat! Great color blending, Harvey!

Idk how many limes I sliced this passed week...:cool: but it was a lot...
mvimg_20200623_185509-jpg.1364972
Well used and well cared for Lambsfoot, Taylor! Glad you're getting a good harvest!:):thumbsup:
I sure got a lot of beer yesterday, there must be 200 bottles! :eek: Thought I'd stock up while the going is good ;) Here's one of the new ones I had last night :thumbsup:

FCDDMsq.jpg
Grand shot, Jack! Two great "hobbies "!:D:thumbsup:
Have a good one Guardians :) Back with my Hartshead Barlow today :thumbsup:

6B3ACZ3.jpg
Another nice photo! Sorry to hear about your situation with storage!:cool::thumbsup:

I just recieved the latest Knife Magazine today, when I was thumbing through it and the first thing that caught my eye was this article. I suspect Jack is already aware of it, but I couldn't help but post it here, it made my day that had not been good at all.

The cover
ULFO21F.jpg

The photo that caught my eye
YaVcM75.jpg

The obligatory name drop
5V2EzLF.jpg

Way to go Jack! :):thumbsup:
Not sure which fine member this young man belongs to, but well done!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

The legend continues!

Hi Guardians!

Thank you, Jack!
I received my Real Lamb Foot in the mail yesterday. It's a beauty. It looks brand new! I am carrying it today after giving it a sharpening last night. I think I'm gonna like it :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Lambfoot by Pine Moon, on Flickr

Lambsfoot by Pine Moon, on Flickr

Jack, refresh my memory... I can't recall if this is ebony or rosewood?
I really like the handle and snap; it has nice action, and centering is excellent! Thanks again, my friend :)
I enjoyed seeing the other items as well. Can you enlighten me about the pin?

I'm really sorry Don, I somehow managed to miss your post until now! :eek:

Welcome to the Guardians! :) I'm glad you finally got your giveaway prize :) Your knife is one of a short SFO run I had made at the beginning of the year, with covers of bagpipe ebony. The ebony wasn't as black as I was promised unfortunately. The symbol on the pin is the White Rose of Yorkshire. I'm glad you like the knife Don, and hope you enjoy using the pattern :) :thumbsup:

What a dandy! Congratulations!:cool::thumbsup: Jack is an incredibly fine gentleman!

The apple of your eye? Love your AC, Jack!

Thank you for the kind words Dennis :) :thumbsup:

Grand shot, Jack! Two great "hobbies "!:D:thumbsup:

Thanks mate! :D :thumbsup:

Another nice photo! Sorry to hear about your situation with storage!:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks again Dennis, I have three bedrooms, but knives take up most of the spare space! :D :thumbsup:

I just recieved the latest Knife Magazine today, when I was thumbing through it and the first thing that caught my eye was this article. I suspect Jack is already aware of it, but I couldn't help but post it here, it made my day that had not been good at all.

The cover
ULFO21F.jpg

YaVcM75.jpg

The obligatory name drop
5V2EzLF.jpg

Way to go Jack! :):thumbsup:
Not sure which fine member this young man belongs to, but well done!!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

The legend continues!

I am looking forward to seeing that article in print Dennis, and hope it will be the start of a great career for a fine young man :) :thumbsup:

definitely!- way to go Jack! Amazing how our Jack has so much time to give- when I can bet on it- he cant afford the spare time he so generously gives out to visiting Folk like Christopher, myself and Sue....... and so on and so on etc
:cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you Duncan, you are modest as ever when it comes to your own outstanding kindness and generosity :) I hope you and Sue and keeping well pal, I miss you :) :thumbsup:

Great line-up Ed :cool: :) :thumbsup:

That's good to hear Rob :) Thank you my friend :) I sure got a lot of beer yesterday, there must be 200 bottles! :eek: Thought I'd stock up while the going is good ;) Here's one of the new ones I had last night :thumbsup:

FCDDMsq.jpg

LOL! :D I was just warming up aged seven, but I got there ;) :thumbsup:

Do you not know the song David? I've known it since I was a small child :thumbsup:

Good work! :) Henderson's seems to be very widely available now, their production must have increased quite a bit since the days when they had two old ladies filling bottles by hand (in the 90's)! :D They've had that label a few years now I think, and seem to alternate it, but I prefer the other. Still a great pic though :) :thumbsup:

I really like that pic Randy :) :thumbsup:

I'm way out of touch with comics I'm afraid :( Cool pic John :cool: :thumbsup:

What an incredible story Bill, what a generation. We owe men like your father so much :) Thanks for telling us about him, and for the great pics :thumbsup:

Yes indeed :) Thank you for the kind words my friend :) I love that photo :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like you've been busy Taylor :) Amazing patina on your Lambsfoot, and the pickles look great too :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, I went to bed exhausted last night, but woke up at first light. I can see a nap in store this afternoon ;) :D First order of business today is finding more places to put all the beer that is still cluttering up my hall :eek: :D Looks like a nice day outside again here in Yorkshire :) Have a good one Guardians :) Back with my Hartshead Barlow today :thumbsup:

6B3ACZ3.jpg
Thanks Jack for your very kind comments related to my post about my dad and his service during WWll. Greatest generation indeed.

I sure got a lot of beer yesterday, there must be 200 bottles! :eek:
That would last me 20 years. :D

I'm way out of touch with comics I'm afraid :(
Me too... But I enjoy the odd one now and again.

glad I didn't post the video!
Me too, my friend. :D

Things are looking Rosie for you, John!:cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, Dennis. :)
Things are Rosie around here.

Haven't bought a comic book in 30 years
My sons and I like to visit the local comic book store and I like digging through the .50 cent bin. I'm cheap. ;)

YaVcM75.jpg
Not sure what caught my eye first... The math or the Lambsfoot. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Ron:thumbsup: they are both smooth and silky:thumbsup:

Here's a few pictures from our trip up to Hollister Mo.

Lake Taneycomo as you cross the bridge between Hollister and Branson.
gZbdwTN.jpg

Old downtown Hollister.
Df5gN47.jpg

And Lambfoot content with a lil sumpin for a hot afternoon.
dUiXJj3.jpg
Thanks for the photos Rob! I keep going back to the old Lambsfoot again and again! It's just a fabulous old knife my friend! :thumbsup: :cool: :D

Hi Guardians!

Thank you, Jack!
I received my Real Lamb Foot in the mail yesterday. It's a beauty. It looks brand new! I am carrying it today after giving it a sharpening last night. I think I'm gonna like it :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Lambfoot by Pine Moon, on Flickr

Lambsfoot by Pine Moon, on Flickr

Jack, refresh my memory... I can't recall if this is ebony or rosewood?
I really like the handle and snap; it has nice action, and centering is excellent! Thanks again, my friend :)
I enjoyed seeing the other items as well. Can you enlighten me about the pin?
Congratulations and welcome to the Guardians Don! :thumbsup: That's another nice GAW prize package from Jack! :cool: :D

View attachment 1364670 View attachment 1364671
View attachment 1364684
Bill that's a great story and a beautiful little FN my friend. :cool: And, of course, the Stag Hartshead is looking great as usual! :thumbsup: :D

Good morning all.:) Rainy morning so I decided to tend to my knives including my HHB instead of doing out door stuff. A little oil and wipe down and everything is as it should be:D. Guess the next thing will be to sharpen the kitchen knives... mundane drudgery:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
IMG_1626.JPG

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Back