Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Went with this guy again today ...
hbh3Z2D.jpg

I LOVE that pic Jack ;)

That's so cool Jack :thumbsup:

Talking about fermented stuff .... my sourdough just came out of the oven :)

Good morning Guardians !

F59RErb.jpg

Thank you very much Dan :) Wow! That loaf looks divine! :) I've just had some nice sourdough toast with my morning cuppa :thumbsup:

That great Jack! :thumbsup: Handling all of that beer you certainly deserve a nap! ;) :D

Thanks Ron, I was asleep by 8.30pm! :D :thumbsup:

That's what I have kids for. ;)

:D :thumbsup:

I'll pipe in to say that I'm very pleased with my ebony SFO. Thanks, Jack!
vuG2ewK.jpg

Thank you Rachel, that's a beautiful photo :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians and anyone else looking in.

WCLF showing a bit of use. Charlie @waynorth really hit it out of the park with this one.

pjV3hhp.jpg

He sure did Ed :) :thumbsup:

That's a nice supply Jack:thumbsup: should hold you a bit:thumbsup: the hoppy red @ 5.2 sounds very nice:) hope you have a good day and get a nap in at some point, Thanks Jack:thumbsup:

And my Lambfoot content from my morning coffee and taking the dogs out to do their thing.
HpWOYoq.jpg

Thank you Rob, that brewery do a good range of beers, and I'm yet to find one I don't like :) I had a bottle of their Blonde ale in the shade of the garden yesterday, in the early evening, and was intending to progress to the Triple Chocolate Imperial Stout, but I ran out of steam! :D :thumbsup:

Such a wonderful knife :) What a shame it is that they no longer jig bone in Sheffield :( :thumbsup:

Also good for wooden Wednesday
View attachment 1365287

Looking good Chuck :thumbsup:

Jack, there is a very strong connection between my deceased dad and England. He was sent to Devonshire to convalesce from his wounds during the Battle of the Bulge and there, befriended a local gentleman who has an estate somewhere near Devon. My father was only 18 or 19 years of age and was treated like a son. My dad used all of his influence in the armed forces to deliver chocolate, fresh fruit, and other gifts that made the family's Christmas one that they never forgot. My dad learned to ride horses and went on fox hunts. The gentleman (I can't recall his name) had a WWl fighter bi-plane in his barn. My dad taught himself to fly the darned thing and wanted to bring it back to the states but it was too much for the old gentleman to give up so it stayed there in the barn. I can recount all the experiences and good times my father experienced whilst in Devon. The many kindnesses shown too my father during the war by that family will never be forgotten by me or my children. Those kindnesses help mold him into the man he became and the best dad anyone could have.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

What a lovely story Bill, I hadn't realised that your father was so young when he was wounded in combat. I'm sure that family loved having him there with them, and no doubt there are family members who still talk about your dad. Connections made during that period have lasted several generations, and I have heard many similar stories. During WW2, children were evacuated from London en masse, and sent to stay in 'the country'. I'm not sure why they sent any of those kids to Sheffield, which was also heavily bombed, but they did. My grandmother only had two sons at the time, and she went with them to Sheffield Railway Station, to meet the 'evacuees', as did many other local women. The train emptied of these poor young kids, from London's 'East End', all separated from their families for the first time, and they were assigned to the women who would take them in (the men all being off fighting). Times were very hard, and most didn't want to take more than one child, but two young brothers, Billy and Reggie Clee, refused to be separated. My grandmother agreed to take them, and they lived with her, and my dad and uncle, and my grandfather when he was home on leave, in their small two-bedroom house for two years, while Sheffield was bombed by the Luftwaffe. I remember, as a child, when they came to visit, with all their own children, and it was very moving. I only met them that one time, but still remember the tales I heard about them.

:D
One less vexation.:D

Thank you Jack.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1365443

I thought I'd get it while the getting was good Harvey ;) :D :thumbsup:

Striking photo my friend, wonderful use of colour :) :thumbsup:

Went with this guy again today ...
hbh3Z2D.jpg

Great choice :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians! :) I hope that I can get this posted before another BF 'Cloudflare' problem, as this is the second time I've tried posting, and lost half of what I'd originally written o_O 7.30am here, but it's already pretty hot. I'm going to the market a little later than usual - just as well as it's taken be an hour to post! :rolleyes: I hope everyone is having a good week, and that you have a decent day today. My Hartshead Barlow is already in my pocket ;) :thumbsup:

mVpNa7u.jpg

Here's some photos of a FN semi-auto model 1910. Serial #7201 (date of mfr 1912-1913) My dad liberated this pistol during the Battle of the Bulge sometime between October 3rd and 17th 1944 in Butgenbach, Belgium. There he sustained a severe injury during a V1 rocket attack and had part of his left hand amputated. Later that year (in December) they liberated Malmedy, Belgium where SS troops, before retreating, massacred 84 US servicemen. My father was in the headquarters Battalion of the 200th Field Artillery and recipient of the Purple Heart and Bronze Star medals.
View attachment 1364670 View attachment 1364671
And here's my favorite knife, my HHB
View attachment 1364684

Jack, there is a very strong connection between my deceased dad and England. He was sent to Devonshire to convalesce from his wounds during the Battle of the Bulge and there, befriended a local gentleman who has an estate somewhere near Devon. My father was only 18 or 19 years of age and was treated like a son. My dad used all of his influence in the armed forces to deliver chocolate, fresh fruit, and other gifts that made the family's Christmas one that they never forgot. My dad learned to ride horses and went on fox hunts. The gentleman (I can't recall his name) had a WWl fighter bi-plane in his barn. My dad taught himself to fly the darned thing and wanted to bring it back to the states but it was too much for the old gentleman to give up so it stayed there in the barn. I can recount all the experiences and good times my father experienced whilst in Devon. The many kindnesses shown too my father during the war by that family will never be forgotten by me or my children. Those kindnesses help mold him into the man he became and the best dad anyone could have.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bill what amazing stories of your dad's life, so full of history. I'm not sure if people would get the opportunity to have both good and bad experiences like that these days.

Thank you David. Neither my father-in-law, or myself have ever fired it. If I ever did, it would need spa tx, and fresh rounds.

Good Afternoon Guardians
View attachment 1364673

Oh I'd be itching to give that a go, just the once, After a proper pampering of course. :D

Thanks Dennis:thumbsup: here's a little history of the lake, we are looking forward to retirement in Hollister:thumbsup:
9iLeDCs.png

mXqx6Ev.png

And my Lambfoot content from my morning coffee and taking the dogs out to do their thing.
HpWOYoq.jpg

Well you've certainly sold Lake Taneycomo to me. :D

What a lovely story Bill, I hadn't realised that your father was so young when he was wounded in combat. I'm sure that family loved having him there with them, and no doubt there are family members who still talk about your dad. Connections made during that period have lasted several generations, and I have heard many similar stories. During WW2, children were evacuated from London en masse, and sent to stay in 'the country'. I'm not sure why they sent any of those kids to Sheffield, which was also heavily bombed, but they did. My grandmother only had two sons at the time, and she went with them to Sheffield Railway Station, to meet the 'evacuees', as did many other local women. The train emptied of these poor young kids, from London's 'East End', all separated from their families for the first time, and they were assigned to the women who would take them in (the men all being off fighting). Times were very hard, and most didn't want to take more than one child, but two young brothers, Billy and Reggie Clee, refused to be separated. My grandmother agreed to take them, and they lived with her, and my dad and uncle, and my grandfather when he was home on leave, in their small two-bedroom house for two years, while Sheffield was bombed by the Luftwaffe. I remember, as a child, when they came to visit, with all their own children, and it was very moving. I only met them that one time, but still remember the tales I heard about them.

Great story Jack. I'm not sure what governed the evacuation of kids during WWII. My mum (and many other children) were never evacuated from Liverpool which, like Sheffield, had seven bells knocked out of it.

Great photo, out of your Sheffield pub book?

Just chilling today chaps; it's promising to be a hot one. I hope everyone is well.
YhHxEWD.jpg

After turning in at 830 you should be rested and ready for the triple chocolate imperial stout this evening. It's a shame Sheffield dropped jigged bone, they had some beautiful stuff back in their day. Thanks Jack :thumbsup:
Thank you Rob, that brewery do a good range of beers, and I'm yet to find one I don't like :) I had a bottle of their Blonde ale in the shade of the garden yesterday, in the early evening, and was intending to progress to the Triple Chocolate Imperial Stout, but I ran out of steam! :D :thumbsup:

Such a wonderful knife :) What a shame it is that they no longer jig bone in Sheffield :( :thumbsup:

Come on over David and we'll catch a few fish :thumbsup:
Well you've certainly sold Lake Taneycomo to me. :D

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone has a good day and making plans for an enjoyable weekend :thumbsup:

I need to strop this one today along with a couple of kitchen knives.

Yss1kD9.jpg

Thanks Ron, I was asleep by 8.30pm! :D :thumbsup:

What a lovely story Bill, I hadn't realized that your father was so young when he was wounded in combat. I'm sure that family loved having him there with them, and no doubt there are family members who still talk about your dad. Connections made during that period have lasted several generations, and I have heard many similar stories. During WW2, children were evacuated from London en masse, and sent to stay in 'the country'. I'm not sure why they sent any of those kids to Sheffield, which was also heavily bombed, but they did. My grandmother only had two sons at the time, and she went with them to Sheffield Railway Station, to meet the 'evacuees', as did many other local women. The train emptied of these poor young kids, from London's 'East End', all separated from their families for the first time, and they were assigned to the women who would take them in (the men all being off fighting). Times were very hard, and most didn't want to take more than one child, but two young brothers, Billy and Reggie Clee, refused to be separated. My grandmother agreed to take them, and they lived with her, and my dad and uncle, and my grandfather when he was home on leave, in their small two-bedroom house for two years, while Sheffield was bombed by the Luftwaffe. I remember, as a child, when they came to visit, with all their own children, and it was very moving. I only met them that one time, but still remember the tales I heard about them.

Good Morning Guardians! :) I hope that I can get this posted before another BF 'Cloudflare' problem, as this is the second time I've tried posting, and lost half of what I'd originally written o_O 7.30am here, but it's already pretty hot. I'm going to the market a little later than usual - just as well as it's taken be an hour to post! :rolleyes: I hope everyone is having a good week, and that you have a decent day today. My Hartshead Barlow is already in my pocket ;) :thumbsup:

mVpNa7u.jpg
Wonderful story Jack! :cool: I hope you're having (had) a great day with your friends! Your Hartshead is developing a great patina on the blade and bolsters! :) :thumbsup:

Just chilling today chaps; it's promising to be a hot one. I hope everyone is well.
YhHxEWD.jpg
Interesting book, such a long history of pubs! :cool: A great Lambsfoot David! Hope you have a good day! :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone has a good day and making plans for an enjoyable weekend :thumbsup:

Yss1kD9.jpg
I started to just hit the like button, but this one deserves so much more Rob!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D:D:D:D:D

Great story Jack. I'm not sure what governed the evacuation of kids during WWII. My mum (and many other children) were never evacuated from Liverpool which, like Sheffield, had seven bells knocked out of it.

Thanks David, obviously long before I was born, but it's funny how I remember hearing so much about the Clees, who I didn't actually meet until I was in my mid teens, and only that one time :) I've never heard of anyone being evacuated from anywhere apart from London, and that sometimes ended in tragedy :( My mother was very young in WW2, and as my grandmother had to work in the steel works, she spent some time living with relatives on what was then the edge of Sheffield. Most of the stories I heard from her were about being forced to eat food she didn't like, which was then visited upon me in turn o_O

Great photo, out of your Sheffield pub book?

Thank you, yes, it is :thumbsup:

YhHxEWD.jpg

That looks very interesting David :cool: :thumbsup:

After turning in at 830 you should be rested and ready for the triple chocolate imperial stout this evening. It's a shame Sheffield dropped jigged bone, they had some beautiful stuff back in their day. Thanks Jack :thumbsup:

Come on over David and we'll catch a few fish :thumbsup:

Yss1kD9.jpg

Yes, I slept well Rob, though I walked into town this morning. I took a couple of bottles of that imperial stout for my pals, and am looking forward to one later :) Another lovely old knife from your collection :) :thumbsup:

Hope you had fun at the market, Jack. :):thumbsup:

Thank you John, I did :) Hot here today, by Yorkshire standards at least, the hottest day of the year so far. I'm going to go and find a shady spot in the garden I think :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
This week is going by so fast.

Cool pic John, is that The Flash? :thumbsup:

Wonderful story Jack! :cool: I hope you're having (had) a great day with your friends! Your Hartshead is developing a great patina on the blade and bolsters! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Ron, I had a nice morning, brought a bit of shopping back with me too :)

Hope everyone is having a good day, it's like a furnace in Grumble Towers, so I'm going to try and find a shady spot outdoors. First, I have huge pile of cardboard to cut up though, so my Hartshead will be earning its keep! :D :thumbsup:

an the loaf of bread and the knife look amazing. I can almost smell that bread fresh out of the oven.:D:D:D
Thank you Bill ! :)
Beautiful scoring Dan! Lovely loaf!
Gracias Dave ! :)
Wow! That loaf looks divine! :)
Thank you Jack, in one day that loaf is gone.
I baked 3 loaves so I've got a bit of time to prepare for the next bake :) ( hungry teenagers are refusing to eat store bought bread ... but in fairness my wife and I are hooked on it too :) )

Good day Guardians :)

LE8fGrd.jpg

znPCa1Y.jpg

Back