Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thank you Guardians !
I am spending the afternoon outdoors with the family.
After I digest my meal I am going for a swim and some kayaking :)
i6USLR7.jpg

Great pic Dan! :D You always seem to be up to fun and exciting stuff :) :thumbsup:

Hey, Jack. Looks like you are about 100 miles north of Leicester. Hopefully you don’t have any trips planned down there since the Coronavirus has them on lockdown. :eek:

Yeah, I doubt it'll be the last place to get locked-down too :eek:

Hope the rain holds off Jack, nice mask, I bought a similar one last year for mowing grass, it's seen a lot more use this year, well worth the money with the replaceable filter and easy on/off velcro back. Your HHB is looking good today:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Rob, I christened it on the bus this morning, I think it's going to be useful for lots of stuff, made by Respro :thumbsup: Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

Hope you were able to have a few brewskies with friends Jack. A great way to top off a walk to the Post Office.:D

Guardians_of_the_lambsfoot.jpg

Quite a few as it turned out Bill ;) Yeah, I felt I'd earned them! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Briefly took my iphone and ebony lamb from my life jacket pocket for a pic
( my lambsfoot is a risk taker and a bit of a show off :cool: )

kZVL9wa.jpg

9zjPUC4.jpg

QjxtUxS.jpg

Cool photos Dan :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians !
Trimmer string is not nice to old knives, 2 cuts rolled the edge:thumbsdown: I normally have my modern knife out of S35VN on me when doing yard work. Hope everyone has a good Thursday :thumbsup:
MZ6Sdm9.jpg

Yikes! :eek: Hopefully it'll soon straighten out again :thumbsup:

Went with an instant classic today! Hope all have a great day.
ho9ntds.jpg

Classic it is :) :thumbsup:

Constant companion for over 3 months now
View attachment 1370096

Glad you've taken to the pattern Chuck :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I like all the different shades (dark to light) in this African Rosewood

It looks good John :) :thumbsup:

Afternoon Guardians, I was quietly boozing and chatting out in the garden until about 1.00am, but headed down to the garden early this morning. It's not a great example, but I came across this TEW Lambsfoot. Slipped it in my pocket next to my Hartshead Barlow :) Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

fpx0Zs6.jpg

rdjmHRd.jpg

You have many astounding photos of your wonderful desert ironwood Guardians lambsfoot, José!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Distinctive knife, David! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Good Morning Guardians
John and Taylor, those are exquisite knives!!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, and that's a good idea, Ron sure has a great collection :) :thumbsup:

I do have a photo of each Guardian's knife I think, but identifying all the ebony examples in that photo would be a struggle! :eek: :D Here's Black Jack on the day he set off on his journey across The Pond ;) :thumbsup:
I took photos of everyone's knives at all the stages of packaging in case there were any problems with the post office, rather than for artistic reasons ;) :thumbsup:
I think Ron has more knives than I have brain cells! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the pics of Black Jack as he (was) packed for his transatlantic trip; I had forgotten that you had taken all those photos before shipping; that must have been quite a task!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Appreciate it Gary:thumbsup::thumbsup: That's a great shot of your ebony:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you GT. Oh that “Black Jack.” Beautiful.

Good Afternoon Guardians
456678F0-5DE5-4023-95B6-3930AA880604_zpsukptalws.jpeg
Ebony handles + Rat Tail bolsters = Lambsfoot perfection.
Thanks, Rob & Harvey & John. :)
Harvey, timing is everything! ;):cool::thumbsup: Thanks for showing us some of the cutting-edge technology that helps you produce such striking photos of your superb knives!!

Now if we could just get rid of that pesky Coronavirus...
Thanks Gary! The Covid is dangerous stuff. Here on vacation some people don’t even suspect anything is going on. Mostly young people but some older ones too! :(

Thanks Gary! I really try! :) :thumbsup:
Yeah, I think the US mostly did a pretty good job of "flattening the curve", but we seem to be failing at keeping it flat. I'm not much of a fighter, and I suppose it's not very "sporting", but I think the strategy should be "kick him when he's down", rather than giving COVID-19 a "standing 8-count" to regroup! :mad::(

You're certainly succeeding, Ron! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Awesome!! will check these out for sure, nice to have a ballpark page reference ;)
Best wishes for your research! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Thank you my friend, I also have a fondness for the ACs, they were a lot less trouble than the other SFOs! :D Nice photo :) :thumbsup:
I would have difficult time trying to rank my lambsfoot knives; whatever one I happen to be using seems to have many positive characteristics! :cool::cool::thumbsup: But I think each "contender" would have to prove itself against Cracker Jack, my AC. :)

A little Encore on the rocks this morning :thumbsup:
T8aJTdi.jpg
Encore! Encore!! What a noteworthy lambsfoot, Rob! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning Guardians! Hope y’all are well! We were awoken this morning by a fire alarm. We’re on the third floor of a three story hotel. After we got the clear to go back in we heard that some DA had set off the alarm with steam from their shower! I looked in our room and the alarm is 10 feet from the door to the bathroom. So I’m thinking they were smoking or burned something in the microwave. I’m definitely NOT buying the steam story. :p I’m recycling a sunrise photo from another trip to Jekyll Island. But, it’s a good one! ;) Lambsfoot content will be my stag big’un again! Have a great day! :) :thumbsup:
49882737026_0ea4df6087_o_d.jpg
That makes two of us! I was standing in my Birthday Suit about to get in the shower when it happened! :eek: Pam was yelling for me to come on! I had to throw my clothes on! ;) Actually it was sort of hectic to say the least! :rolleyes: :D
Sounds like the kind of excitement you could do without, Ron! :eek::( Glad it turned out OK.
(Actually, the 2nd post on the subject is TMI for me! :eek::rolleyes:)
Great shot of your big Pere David! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Cracker Jack a couple of months ago:
CJ.mark.onside.crocus.jpg

- GT

Bang Bang!!:eek: Giddy-up.:eek: Riding the Pony Express to town this morning:rolleyes: Actually, just driving my truck and going out to the stockyards for a bit:thumbsup: and then lunch at the Wagon Wheel restaurant and then home. I might even go so far as to wear my cowboy hat with my mask and tell the cashier at the Wagon Wheel to "Stick em Up":eek::D:) This'll be my longest outing since coming home from the hospital.:thumbsup::cool:

yRvqqO7.jpg

Bang Bang!!:eek: Giddy-up.:eek: Riding the Pony Express to town this morning:rolleyes: Actually, just driving my truck and going out to the stockyards for a bit:thumbsup: and then lunch at the Wagon Wheel restaurant and then home. I might even go so far as to wear my cowboy hat with my mask and tell the cashier at the Wagon Wheel to "Stick em Up":eek::D:) This'll be my longest outing since coming home from the hospital.:thumbsup::cool:

yRvqqO7.jpg
Sounds like a fun day, Ed! :thumbsup:

John and Taylor, those are exquisite knives!!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, GT. :)

yRvqqO7.jpg
Sounds like fun, ED. Enjoy yourself. :)

A gift from my friend @mrknife

ugzGxdH.jpg

Well done Jack :) Looks interesting Randy :) :thumbsup:

RSEuHOB.jpg

Looks like some good honest wear n tear. :cool::thumbsup:

It's definitely been a user John! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics of Black Jack as he (was) packed for his transatlantic trip; I had forgotten that you had taken all those photos before shipping; that must have been quite a task!! :eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm glad you found it of interest Gary, I took about 6 photos of everyone's knife and packaging. It was a bit of a chore! :D And thankfully they weren't needed, as every single knife made it safely to their respective Guardian :thumbsup:

I'm not much of a fighter, and I suppose it's not very "sporting", but I think the strategy should be "kick him when he's down", rather than giving COVID-19 a "standing 8-count" to regroup! :mad::(

Here, we've decided to give him another chance o_O

I would have difficult time trying to rank my lambsfoot knives; whatever one I happen to be using seems to have many positive characteristics! :cool::cool::thumbsup: But I think each "contender" would have to prove itself against Cracker Jack, my AC. :)

View attachment 1370189

- GT

That's nice to hear my friend, and what a wonderful photo :) :thumbsup:

yRvqqO7.jpg

LOL! :D Hope you have a great day Ed :) Cool pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Just received another arrival from Sheffield, a late birthday present (my birthday was in March!) :) :thumbsup:

5mS4Pt8.jpg

I totally agree, @prairie.dog; Jack's posts and the preceding one from Ron are outstanding!
Another place you could look is in this thread in early April, starting around page 1900, and find that several Guardians posted group photos of their entire flocks. The knives aren't identified by name in most cases, but if you see something about which you'd like more info, I'll bet you could quote the post in question and ask the poster for details. As one specific example of those family photos from a couple of months ago, I quoted Ron's post from page 1902, I think:
Thanks Gary! Sorry I missed this quote before! ;) :)

Thanks Gary, and that's a good idea, Ron sure has a great collection :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! Another one I missed before! ;) :)

I think Ron has more knives than I have brain cells! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I might just agree with you on that my friend! ;) :D

Yeah, I think the US mostly did a pretty good job of "flattening the curve", but we seem to be failing at keeping it flat. I'm not much of a fighter, and I suppose it's not very "sporting", but I think the strategy should be "kick him when he's down", rather than giving COVID-19 a "standing 8-count" to regroup! :mad::(

You're certainly succeeding, Ron! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks Gary! :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like the kind of excitement you could do without, Ron! :eek::( Glad it turned out OK.

cj-mark-onside-crocus-jpg.1370189
Thanks Gary! Cracker Jack is a beautiful knife! :)

Thanks Gary :thumbsup: thats a nice shot of your Cracker Jack:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Encore! Encore!! What a noteworthy lambsfoot, Rob! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1370189

- GT

Kind of you to say that, Jack. Thank you, Pal. Your AC is Brilliant.

Thanks a lot Harvey :) :thumbsup:

I started to post earlier, but somehow a nap got in the way! :rolleyes: I hope y’all are all doing well today! :thumbsup: :D

49882737026_0ea4df6087_o_d.jpg

Good for you Ron :D I was hoping to get a nap this afternoon, but as soon as I nodded off the door-bell or my phone rang! Happened 3 times! o_O

Back