Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good Morning Guardians and anyone else looking in.

Spam is on the menu for lunch soooooooooooooooooooooooooo, this calls for a "Big-un" with Buffalo Horn covers for slicing.

O1Z8scO.jpg

Nice to see you eating well again Ed :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1392360
expect to see some knife-on-a-bright-yellow-sailboat pics soon.
View attachment 1392370

Great stuff Josh :cool: :thumbsup:

:eek: Number 2! :thumbsup: ;) Thanks Jack! :)

My hair grows fast, so I like to get my money's worth! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Yay! :) I'd actually forgotten you had one of the AW bone models mate, looks like it's been getting some use too :) That's a nice strop as well
Yes mate, it is not the best quality in my flock, but a good work horse, i have got it really sharp at 20 degrees and use it for hard and tough jobs. Because of this, if it get's knocked around i don't worry too much about it. The strop is made by a bloke over here who makes them in his garage, they are of excellent quality, made out of rosewood with Kangaroo leather which is very hard and thin. I heard on our radio yesterday that some parts of Yorkshire are going back into lock down, does this affect you?

Found the exit sign, just can’t find my way out of 2020
View attachment 1392418

I think we're all feeling the same Chuck, been a very strange year :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

NeyYYP0.jpg

Yes mate, it is not the best quality in my flock, but a good work horse, i have got it really sharp at 20 degrees and use it for hard and tough jobs. Because of this, if it get's knocked around i don't worry too much about it. The strop is made by a bloke over here who makes them in his garage, they are of excellent quality, made out of rosewood with Kangaroo leather which is very hard and thin. I heard on our radio yesterday that some parts of Yorkshire are going back into lock down, does this affect you?

It'd be great to see more of your flock too mate :) @Cambertree sent me a strip of kangaroo leather I keep meaning to make a strop out of. I think mine will be pretty rough and ready compared to that beauty though :) Yeah, they're locked down just over the hill from me, infection rate is climbing again, think it'll probably climb a fair bit more before we're done too. It's not been too bad so far here in Leeds, but from the look of what I saw last week in the city centre, I doubt it'll be long before we're locked down here again soon. Pundits here are fond of referring back to WW2, and the so-called 'Blitz Spirit'. That was six years (and the rationing and poverty that came after), not a few months, but people are "bored" with it all apparently :mad:

Market day here tomorrow, so I'll be going into town. I need to go to the post office, and the pharmacy, and get a bit of shopping in too. Hope everyone is having a good day, and I might get a chance to call in before I leave in the morning. I enjoyed carrying my ebony Big 'Un today, but I'll have my Hartshead Barlow back in my pocket tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

YjQ99js.jpg

Out practicing after dinner. I had just finished a two minute exposure. No squash blossoms were injured.
Eg7a71b.jpg

Cool pic Dave :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, looks like it's going to be a sunny day here in Yorkshire :) Of course you can never tell! :rolleyes: Heading off to the market soon, have a great day folks :thumbsup:

MqFAuXW.jpg

Saw my old apartment building, about half a mile from the port, in the footage of that terrible explosion in Beirut yesterday :(

Good Morning Guardians, looks like it's going to be a sunny day here in Yorkshire :) Of course you can never tell! :rolleyes: Heading off to the market soon, have a great day folks :thumbsup:

MqFAuXW.jpg

Saw my old apartment building, about half a mile from the port, in the footage of that terrible explosion in Beirut yesterday :(
I worked for a Lebanese cy years ago, nice people, I immediately thought to them an am very sad of what happened.

I think we're all feeling the same Chuck, been a very strange year :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

NeyYYP0.jpg

It'd be great to see more of your flock too mate :) @Cambertree sent me a strip of kangaroo leather I keep meaning to make a strop out of. I think mine will be pretty rough and ready compared to that beauty though :) Yeah, they're locked down just over the hill from me, infection rate is climbing again, think it'll probably climb a fair bit more before we're done too. It's not been too bad so far here in Leeds, but from the look of what I saw last week in the city centre, I doubt it'll be long before we're locked down here again soon. Pundits here are fond of referring back to WW2, and the so-called 'Blitz Spirit'. That was six years (and the rationing and poverty that came after), not a few months, but people are "bored" with it all apparently :mad:

Market day here tomorrow, so I'll be going into town. I need to go to the post office, and the pharmacy, and get a bit of shopping in too. Hope everyone is having a good day, and I might get a chance to call in before I leave in the morning. I enjoyed carrying my ebony Big 'Un today, but I'll have my Hartshead Barlow back in my pocket tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

YjQ99js.jpg

MqFAuXW.jpg

Your HHB is looking good Jack (as always):thumbsup: Please have a great day at the market.

Here is a shot of the rainbow here (with the moon still out) to start our morning.
upload_2020-8-6_8-5-30.png

Oh, and how could I forget my traveling companion:
IMG_2211.JPG

I worked for a Lebanese cy years ago, nice people, I immediately thought to them an am very sad of what happened.

Very kind and hospitable people I always found Alain :) :thumbsup:

Your HHB is looking good Jack (as always):thumbsup: Please have a great day at the market.

Here is a shot of the rainbow here (with the moon still out) to start our morning.
View attachment 1392872

Oh, and how could I forget my traveling companion:
View attachment 1392874

Thanks a lot Bill, looks like that rainbow has some gold at the end of it ;) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I’ve got my Rosewood Hartshead Barlow in my pocket this morning! Y’all stay safe and have a blessed day! :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1392882

Looking good Ron :) :thumbsup:

Rose Beast made the hole for the root irrigator.
nZmpVft.jpg

'Rose Beast'! I'd forgotten! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great day :thumbsup:

Back