Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Interesting little feller Bill, and a great pic of your Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

Thanks guys :) :thumbsup:

Yes indeed Jeff, probably hard for you fellers to believe, but I do Americanize my posts a little :D :thumbsup:

A great achievement by Charlie :) Where have you been anyway Duane, what have you been up to buddy? Be nice to see a pic of your flock :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone has had a good week. Doesn't look anything special out of my window, but they're forecasting the hottest day of the year here today. I've got a few things to do in the house, but hoping to get out in the back garden, and pick some more blackberries later :) Have a great Friday Guardians :thumbsup:

ONgW7tx.jpg

How hot mate? And how do you go in the heat, knocks me around as i have gotten older. You have a good and safe weekend my friend.:cool:

Thanks guys. In the high 90's with equal percent humidity. The aircon is running OT.:thumbsup::D

How hot mate? And how do you go in the heat, knocks me around as i have gotten older. You have a good and safe weekend my friend.:cool:

It's still cloudy here, but when they give the weather forecast it's very London-centric, and as I was saying to donn donn , I think they must take the temperature from the tarmac at Heathrow Airport :rolleyes: I experienced a couple of Middle-Eastern summers when I was young, and I've always been OK with heat, but real hot weather is pretty rare here ;) Thanks a lot pal, you too :) :thumbsup:

Being a natural zero up top I'm glad I've not had that to bother with. :)

That's the one Jer. If your the one who posted that in the Blades on Books thread a year or two ago then that's where I found out about it. So cheers! :):thumbsup:

I don't think those pundits understand either the 'Blitz Spirit' or the nature of WWII. The two are incomparable. If our political elite had handled this 'crisis' with even a fraction of the honesty and intelligence our wartime leaders handled WWII with, then this 'crisis' would of been pretty much resolved by now.

Sat out in the garden last night. :cool:
jJZt8sC.jpg

Once less thing to worry about David! :D How are you finding that Smoked Chilli Porter mate? Looks like a nice way to spend an evening :) :thumbsup:

0Irlg1d.jpg

That's the one Jer. If your the one who posted that in the Blades on Books thread a year or two ago then that's where I found out about it. So cheers! :)
It is a great book. I've got an e-version of Metallic Implements of the Iroquois thanks to it. I'm still trying to find the Bureau of Ethnology cite about the [lambsfoots] given or traded to the Cherokee(?) by the British.
KuKXN9I.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are doing well! :thumbsup: We’re in for a mid to high 90’s type weekend here. The humidity is supposed to be a little lower so hopefully that will help! I’ve got a 1 of 27 GEC souvenir with me today. A very special Waynorth Smooth White Bone Lambsfoot from our fellow Guardian and Lambsfoot lover Charlie waynorth waynorth ! :thumbsup: If not for this global devil Covid-19, we would have been in Titusville this morning. Enjoying some fine knives, but more importantly, some wonderful friends! I pray we will all survive this pandemic and the world will be back to some normalcy by this time next year. Y’all stay safe and well out there! :) :thumbsup:

48519179987_bf843f4790_o_d.jpg

It is a great book. I've got an e-version of Metallic Implements of the Iroquois thanks to it. I'm still trying to find the Bureau of Ethnology cite about the [lambsfoots] given or traded to the Cherokee(?) by the British.
KuKXN9I.jpg

I think they got Manhatten Island for less than that didn't they?! :eek: :rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are doing well! :thumbsup: We’re in for a mid to high 90’s type weekend here. The humidity is supposed to be a little lower so hopefully that will help! I’ve got a 1 of 27 GEC souvenir with me today. A very special Waynorth Smooth White Bone Lambsfoot from our fellow Guardian and Lambsfoot lover Charlie waynorth waynorth ! :thumbsup: If not for this global devil Covid-19, we would have been in Titusville this morning. Enjoying some fine knives, but more importantly, some wonderful friends! I pray we will all survive this pandemic and the world will be back to some normalcy by this time next year. Y’all stay safe and well out there! :) :thumbsup:

That's a special knife to be carrying, today in particular Ron :) Hope all you Rendezvous Regulars will have an extra special time next year :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians

Bold, black, and beautiful John :cool: :thumbsup:

Few pics of my 2018 Guardian over the past couple of years :)

5ZEJYps.jpg

DPmDY2L.jpg

qeVLgn4.jpg

llrM4OH.jpg

Qj5r6f0.jpg

bLV53tx.jpg

wYzmhx7.jpg

jjv15Rd.jpg

VXjgmqh.jpg

rCWJcbF.jpg

fJtZAaa.jpg

WGzqp2q.jpg

That's a special knife to be carrying, today in particular Ron :) Hope all you Rendezvous Regulars will have an extra special time next year :) :thumbsup:
Well it is in a slip! ;) Thank you for the well wishes my friend and I certainly hope we do too! :) Thanks for all the great photos of your ‘18 Ebony Jack! They are great knives. :thumbsup: But there’s just one problem! Now I’m hungry and it’s not even lunch time! :D :thumbsup:

It's still cloudy here, but when they give the weather forecast it's very London-centric, and as I was saying to donn donn , I think they must take the temperature from the tarmac at Heathrow Airport :rolleyes:

They do in Rome. The weather station is at the end of the runway so the jets wash their exhaust over the weather station when they line up for take-off. According to my brother who knows about such things there's several dozen weather stations around Europe located in similar high traffic locations. Massively skews the data of course.

Once less thing to worry about David! :D How are you finding that Smoked Chilli Porter mate? Looks like a nice way to spend an evening :) :thumbsup:

0Irlg1d.jpg

It was actually really nice. Their smoked porter is really pungent; great with a steak, but just a bit much. But the smokiness in this chilli one is more subtle and the chilli is barely there, so just right. :thumbsup:

KuKXN9I.jpg

Aye I was thinking maybe I'd find a mention of the lambsfoot in the knives chapter but no such luck. So I'm assuming when this book was written none had turned up in archeological excavations relevant to the date this book is describing. I wonder if that's changed though in the intervening years.

Well that's just a stunner isn't it. :thumbsup:

I think they got Manhatten Island for less than that didn't they?! :eek: :rolleyes:

Bold, black, and beautiful John :cool: :thumbsup:

Few pics of my 2018 Guardian over the past couple of years :)

5ZEJYps.jpg

DPmDY2L.jpg

qeVLgn4.jpg

llrM4OH.jpg

Qj5r6f0.jpg

bLV53tx.jpg

wYzmhx7.jpg

jjv15Rd.jpg

VXjgmqh.jpg

rCWJcbF.jpg

fJtZAaa.jpg

WGzqp2q.jpg

All great pics Jack. :thumbsup: I miss the Fat Cat and Lord only knows when I'll get over there. :rolleyes:

Aye I was thinking maybe I'd find a mention of the lambsfoot in the knives chapter but no such luck. So I'm assuming when this book was written none had turned up in archeological excavations relevant to the date this book is describing. I wonder if that's changed though in the intervening years.
I think Jack's traced the lambsfoot to not much further back than 1900, so I doubt they'll have turned up in mountain man-related digs.

Wow, never saw so many ramsfoot pins in one place!

Those were The Guardians pins to go with the 2019 Ironwood models :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. :)

That lovely knife has been the center of many great photos. :cool::thumbsup:

Many thanks John :)

Well it is in a slip! ;) Thank you for the well wishes my friend and I certainly hope we do too! :) Thanks for all the great photos of your ‘18 Ebony Jack! They are great knives. :thumbsup: But there’s just one problem! Now I’m hungry and it’s not even lunch time! :D :thumbsup:

Oops! Sorry mate :rolleyes: Hope you get fed soon pal, thanks for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

"Big-un" on a cook stove

Nijs3t4.jpg

Looking good Ed :cool: :thumbsup:

They do in Rome. The weather station is at the end of the runway so the jets wash their exhaust over the weather station when they line up for take-off. According to my brother who knows about such things there's several dozen weather stations around Europe located in similar high traffic locations. Massively skews the data of course.

Really? Yeah, that WOULD kind of skew things :rolleyes: My neighbour was just telling me about her airline-pilot brother, who has been flying passenger-less planes out to Singapore for the past 6 months. The sole cargo was ready-made sandwiches for Marks & Spencers! o_O

It was actually really nice. Their smoked porter is really pungent; great with a steak, but just a bit much. But the smokiness in this chilli one is more subtle and the chilli is barely there, so just right. :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed it David, that brewery seem to do a good range of interesting brews :)

Maybe they just need to look harder ;)

All great pics Jack. :thumbsup: I miss the Fat Cat and Lord only knows when I'll get over there. :rolleyes:

Thanks mate :) Yeah, me too, I even found myself looking at their menu the other night :( :thumbsup:

I think Jack's traced the lambsfoot to not much further back than 1900, so I doubt they'll have turned up in mountain man-related digs.

Shhhh...:D ;) :thumbsup:

It got really hot here this afternoon, seemed to come from nowhere. I was out picking blackberries at the time, and it didn't take me long to pick 4lbs. Just given a couple of neighbours enough for a pie each. I'm going to make up a crumble, so that I can put it in the oven when I come back from my walk tomorrow :)

53X5TxT.jpg

- QUOTE - Half/Stop, post: Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are doing well! :thumbsup: We’re in for a mid to high 90’s type weekend here. The humidity is supposed to be a little lower so hopefully that will help! I’ve got a 1 of 27 GEC souvenir with me today. A very special Waynorth Smooth White Bone Lambsfoot from our fellow Guardian and Lambsfoot lover Charlie waynorth waynorth ! :thumbsup: If not for this global devil Covid-19, we would have been in Titusville this morning. Enjoying some fine knives, but more importantly, some wonderful friends! I pray we will all survive this pandemic and the world will be back to some normalcy by this time next year. Y’all stay safe and well out there! :) :thumbsup:

- QUOTE"
I remember the Glee we all felt over those knives, Ron!! I do hope we all meet, Hale and Hearty, next year!!:D

Back