Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Really? Yeah, that WOULD kind of skew things :rolleyes: My neighbour was just telling me about her airline-pilot brother, who has been flying passenger-less planes out to Singapore for the past 6 months. The sole cargo was ready-made sandwiches for Marks & Spencers! o_O

It got really hot here this afternoon, seemed to come from nowhere. I was out picking blackberries at the time, and it didn't take me long to pick 4lbs. Just given a couple of neighbours enough for a pie each. I'm going to make up a crumble, so that I can put it in the oven when I come back from my walk tomorrow :)

53X5TxT.jpg

Buttys for Singapore? Who'd of thought... :D
My brother started flying again this week but his job is still not secure.
You certainly got a good crop there; the blackberries over 'ere on'th wrong side are barely ripe.
It certainly got very warm and muggy a couple of hours ago but has freshened up now.

Well that's just a stunner isn't it. :thumbsup:
Thanks David:) :thumbsup:

Oops! Sorry mate :rolleyes: Hope you get fed soon pal, thanks for the kind words :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! :) :thumbsup:

- QUOTE - Half/Stop, post: Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are doing well! :thumbsup: We’re in for a mid to high 90’s type weekend here. The humidity is supposed to be a little lower so hopefully that will help! I’ve got a 1 of 27 GEC souvenir with me today. A very special Waynorth Smooth White Bone Lambsfoot from our fellow Guardian and Lambsfoot lover Charlie @waynorth! :thumbsup: If not for this global devil Covid-19, we would have been in Titusville this morning. Enjoying some fine knives, but more importantly, some wonderful friends! I pray we will all survive this pandemic and the world will be back to some normalcy by this time next year. Y’all stay safe and well out there! :) :thumbsup:

48519179987_bf843f4790_o_d.jpg
- QUOTE"
I remember the Glee we all felt over those knives, Ron!! I do hope we all meet, Hale and Hearty, next year!!:D
Hale and Hearty my friend! :D I’m looking forward to seeing y’all there! ;) :thumbsup:

All checked Jack Black Jack Black !! Thanks again, and delete away!!

Thanks Charlie :) :thumbsup:

Buttys for Singapore? Who'd of thought... :D
My brother started flying again this week but his job is still not secure.
You certainly got a good crop there; the blackberries over 'ere on'th wrong side are barely ripe.
It certainly got very warm and muggy a couple of hours ago but has freshened up now.

You couldn't make it up could you?! Here brother had told her some other ridiculous cargo story, but I forget the details now :rolleyes: I hope he's OK David, the nature of that job has sure changed a lot since I was a kid, when it was about the next best thing to being a space-pilot :rolleyes: Yeah, I've said about 7 lbs so far, and I reckon I'll get at least as much again, maybe twice that. I'm fast running out of places to put them, might have to look into cudgee cudgee 's jam-making idea afterall :D :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good Friday :) The combination of the hot weather, and my bit of field-work, has worn me out :D I'm going out for a hike tomorrow, so I'm going to get most of my stuff together, as per usual, and get a shave before I fall asleep :rolleyes: Maybe get a beer before bed-time if I manage to stay awake ;) I'm probably not going to get chance to post much in the morning, but I hope everyone has a great weekend :) I'll be back with my Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

fwERxuc.jpg

You couldn't make it up could you?! Here brother had told her some other ridiculous cargo story, but I forget the details now :rolleyes: I hope he's OK David, the nature of that job has sure changed a lot since I was a kid, when it was about the next best thing to being a space-pilot :rolleyes: Yeah, I've said about 7 lbs so far, and I reckon I'll get at least as much again, maybe twice that. I'm fast running out of places to put them, might have to look into cudgee cudgee 's jam-making idea afterall :D :thumbsup:

Oh my brother has some great stories about aerial cargo. From gold bullion going missing mid-flight to flying freshly minted German Deutsche Marks about the EU.... :oops::cool:
Enjoy your walk. :thumbsup:

- QUOTE - Half/Stop, post: Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are doing well! :thumbsup: We’re in for a mid to high 90’s type weekend here. The humidity is supposed to be a little lower so hopefully that will help! I’ve got a 1 of 27 GEC souvenir with me today. A very special Waynorth Smooth White Bone Lambsfoot from our fellow Guardian and Lambsfoot lover Charlie @waynorth! :thumbsup: If not for this global devil Covid-19, we would have been in Titusville this morning. Enjoying some fine knives, but more importantly, some wonderful friends! I pray we will all survive this pandemic and the world will be back to some normalcy by this time next year. Y’all stay safe and well out there! :) :thumbsup:

48519179987_bf843f4790_o_d.jpg
- QUOTE"
I remember the Glee we all felt over those knives, Ron!! I do hope we all meet, Hale and Hearty, next year!!:D
Mate i hope you're right about getting back to some sort of normality, but the truth is no one knows. I have a family member who has been dealing with the virus in one of our major hospitals, after speaking to him and listening to sensible people, they just do not know how or where this virus will end up. Everyone, from media experts to so called medical experts has an opinion, but the fact of the matter is, it is only their opinion. No one knows my friend, and we all have to deal with it the best we can, so you and all your family and friends, take care, look after yourself and stay as safe as you can. Have a good weekend mate, and remember, oil the joints.:)

Morning all, we went into strict stage 4 lockdown 2 days ago, we have had problems with abattoirs having high covid infection rates and with the ensuing panic buying meat is completely stripped from supermarket shelves. I buy my meat from a young bloke who owns my local butcher, i have been a customer for years and he looks after me. Called in this morning, he had plenty of meat, and had just made a fresh batch of sausages, and just had a delivery of eggs, which are also in short supply, we have had a case of reported bird flu at a chicken farm, so you can imagine the panic buying that has caused. So armed with fresh snags, eggs i stopped at my Cambodian girls bakery and bought some fresh rolls, this is the result, a good old fashioned "Yorky" sausage, fried potato, egg and worcestershire sauce "butty". Just waiting for the kettle to boil to wash it down with a cup of tea. And before you ask, YES, it tasted as good as it looked. Have a good weekend everyone.
yIaq5Ms.jpg

A great achievement by Charlie :) Where have you been anyway Duane, what have you been up to buddy? Be nice to see a pic of your flock :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone has had a good week. Doesn't look anything special out of my window, but they're forecasting the hottest day of the year here today. I've got a few things to do in the house, but hoping to get out in the back garden, and pick some more blackberries later :) Have a great Friday Guardians :thumbsup:

ONgW7tx.jpg
Agreed about Charlies Lamb foot being a great achievement, the Hartshead Barlows I have been seeing are an equally astounding success! :thumbsup: Kudos and salutations on that run Jack, they look amazing...I'll work on getting some pics of my humble lambs for your thread :)

Morning all, we went into strict stage 4 lockdown 2 days ago, we have had problems with abattoirs having high covid infection rates and with the ensuing panic buying meat is completely stripped from supermarket shelves. I buy my meat from a young bloke who owns my local butcher, i have been a customer for years and he looks after me. Called in this morning, he had plenty of meat, and had just made a fresh batch of sausages, and just had a delivery of eggs, which are also in short supply, we have had a case of reported bird flu at a chicken farm, so you can imagine the panic buying that has caused. So armed with fresh snags, eggs i stopped at my Cambodian girls bakery and bought some fresh rolls, this is the result, a good old fashioned "Yorky" sausage, fried potato, egg and worcestershire sauce "butty". Just waiting for the kettle to boil to wash it down with a cup of tea. And before you ask, YES, it tasted as good as it looked. Have a good weekend everyone.
yIaq5Ms.jpg

Very sorry to hear about the lockdown mate, hope it can be lifted again soon :thumbsup: Glad to hear you're well stocked up and eating well :) :thumbsup:

Took our new sailboat out today.
View attachment 1394109
Here's some lamb kabobs with a lambsfoot
View attachment 1394110
And
View attachment 1394111

Great pics Josh :) It's been a while since I last saw a hundred dollar bill, how long have they had the gold? I used to carry them when I travelled a lot in the late 70's and early 80's. Our highest denomination note at the time was only £20, so by carrying USD I could carry a lot more cash :thumbsup:

Agreed about Charlies Lamb foot being a great achievement, the Hartshead Barlows I have been seeing are an equally astounding success! :thumbsup: Kudos and salutations on that run Jack, they look amazing...I'll work on getting some pics of my humble lambs for your thread :)

Thanks a lot Duane :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians! Have a great day :) :thumbsup:

a4vr9eS.jpg

yIaq5Ms.jpg
Sorry to hear about your lockdown problems my friend! It’s great you’re stocked up and eating well! It pays to have friends and most small local owned businesses remember their loyal customers during times like these! That’s not something you get with the big chain stores! :thumbsdown: Stay safe and well! :)

Good Morning Guardians

Great pics gents :) :thumbsup:

I’m going to stay inside and hopefully cool today. It’s going to be hovering around 95F here and that’s more than this ole man wants to deal with! :rolleyes: I’ve got my Saturday Stag covered and my Ashley’s Choice decided to show his pile side this morning! ;) Y’all stay safe out there wherever you’re at! :) :thumbsup:

44771684972_3e2f5a6800_o_d.jpg

Turned out to be a pretty hot day here today too :) Your AC is looking good Ron :cool: Bottoms up :thumbsup:

Had a really nice day today :) A good walk in glorious weather, along a route I've not walked before, culminating in a pint at an old village pub, then home for beer and burgers, blackberry crumble 'n' custard, and some Bowmore :) Hope everyone has had an equally nice Saturday :thumbsup:

YyMONoe.jpg

oKRmvWl.jpg

Great pics gents :) :thumbsup:

Turned out to be a pretty hot day here today too :) Your AC is looking good Ron :cool: Bottoms up :thumbsup:

Had a really nice day today :) A good walk in glorious weather, along a route I've not walked before, culminating in a pint at an old village pub, then home for beer and burgers, blackberry crumble 'n' custard, and some Bowmore :) Hope everyone has had an equally nice Saturday :thumbsup:

YyMONoe.jpg

oKRmvWl.jpg
Bottoms up! :thumbsup: Glad you had a good day my friend! :thumbsup: :D

Back