Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

View attachment 1394622

Ole Lumpy made it's way into my pocket this afternoon. It made ease of disposing of a few cardboard boxes, gliding laserlike through the material with little to no resistance to the thin capable blade :) These knives are awesome!

Good to see Ole Lumpy Duane :D That was quite some stag wasn't it?!

W174u10.jpg

A Big 'Un is always a good user though :) I think I have cut up more cardboard these past 6 months than in the perfect 6 years! I am glad to have had a good sharp Lambsfoot to help me out :) :thumbsup:

As discussed many times in previous posts, this is the reason why these knives were the preferred carry knives of farmers, they were work knives being able to be used for most tasks at hand, and with the straight edge, ease of sharpening at the end of the working day. And my friend the one you have in your hand is a " Pearler ".:thumbsup:

Well said :thumbsup: There's no fat on a Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

The crumble looks delicious Jack! :) Thanks again for all the great photos from your walk today. It truly is a beautiful and historically rich area you live in Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron :) I still have half of it left, and with so much more fruit to do something with, I am worried I might start turning into a blackberry! :D ;) When I am out walking, I do hate seeing so much fruit going unpicked, while folks pay a fortune for a small punnet in the supermarket o_O :thumbsup:

Thanks, I really like it, it was a second. but in my eyes it is a beauty. Had to sand down the mark side a wee bit when I got it, pile side has better stag :)

View attachment 1394757

Alas, here it was being admired while I was smoking some lamb chops on my lil' Smokey Joe grill for dinner tonight :D

You can't make this stuff up :lol:

I think you made the right choice Duane, and am pleased that you have taken to that knife so much, the pile side stag is certainly more attractive :) :thumbsup:

Great minds think alike, i just has 2 lamb chops for breakfast, and i personally do not mind differing sides of scales, it adds a uniqueness to each knife, as long as they are not too different. But i use all my knives, but if i was a collector i probably would have a different view. I love this knife, but both sides of the scales are not identical, one side is a slightly lighter color, which to my eye gives me the best of both jigged bone shades.
5lTIQnz.jpg

I've just had some sourdough toast and marmalade for my breakfast, but I certainly enjoyed it, with a large mug of strong tea :D I think I'll be making a sausage butty later ;) :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, I found the thread halfway down page 2! :eek: Sad to see the decline in the number of folks posting here, but inevitable I guess :( I often wonder about the Guardians who used to be regulars here once, and how they are doing today :thumbsup: Anyway, hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Compared to the past couple of days, it's pretty dull and overcast here today. Perhaps just as well as I have plenty of things to do indoors, and it gets unbearably hot in my place when the sun is on the windows (on the South side anyway). Wishing everyone a very happy Sunday, and let's see your Lambsfoot Guardians :) :thumbsup:

I'm going 'posh' today, with a DamLamb ;) :thumbsup:

e0bVTB8.jpg

Ks0Kmww.jpg

I came across these on the main street of the small village I visited yesterday. Looked to have been made by children, some of them had messages thanking our National Health Service, and other recently applicable mottoes. They ran for a few yards along the edge of the pavement, next to the pub, and then lined the steps of the front door, which is currently not being used. Wish I'd taken more pics now :thumbsup:

sbMPfAd.jpg

I came across these on the main street of the small village I visited yesterday. Looked to have been made by children, some of them had messages thanking our National Health Service, and other recently applicable mottoes. They ran for a few yards along the edge of the pavement, next to the pub, and then lined the steps of the front door, which is currently not being used. Wish I'd taken more pics now :thumbsup:

sbMPfAd.jpg

Almost Easter Eggs!:)

Sunday Sausage Sandwich! :)

Va0QfuW.jpg
Ah yes, the morning sausage on a toasted roll sandwich. That Damascus lambfoot looks right at home.:D

Had a fantastic walk today, only a few miles up the road from where I live, and on footpaths and bridleways I've not walked before :)

hVFqTSF.jpg

Upyigp6.jpg

aYxyTo3.jpg

PHUnq6K.jpg

Hard to believe you're barely on the edge of one of Britain's biggest cities.

i1C2aSh.jpg

X9rcp7N.jpg

iKo1Foj.jpg

24DvWMM.jpg

6d6sy3p.jpg

I passed through a couple of ancient hamlets, winding my way along narrow lanes and footpaths.

J6K05ej.jpg

oVxICTx.jpg

h9PuDem.jpg

I was glad of the shade along the way.

YoVZZYu.jpg

O1akl3s.jpg

SDT6uj7.jpg

Jlq5nGo.jpg

Eventually I arrived at the ancient village of Shadwell. The village library wasn't open.

YJ3N5ue.jpg

But the fish and chip shop was doing a roaring trade. The building dates back to 1637, the oldest in the village.

3c5qbhu.jpg

And there's a pub of course, where I enjoyed a great pint of Timothy Taylor's :)

dPivLe9.jpg

7BY6NuT.jpg
I'm still catching up on posts and I had to compliment you for you photos of your countryside and of your fine HHB.

Almost Easter Eggs!:)

Ah yes, the morning sausage on a toasted roll sandwich. That Damascus lambfoot looks right at home.:D

:D :thumbsup:

I'm still catching up on posts and I had to compliment you for you photos of your countryside and of your fine HHB.

Thank you very much Bill, hope you're having a nice Sunday :thumbsup:

yCbRdHC.jpg

Hello Guardians :)

Today is a super special day for my ebony lamb and I :thumbsup::)

It is the one year anniversary since it showed up at my door and our journey together began :)

Here is my first post from one year ago.

Today, just as I was starting to worry about where my lambsfoot was on it's journey, my wife came in with package in hand after checking our mailbox :):thumbsup: Yeah ... finally :thumbsup:
WnlprXW.jpg

aqKUKrq.jpg

NrQM2f1.jpg

Buffed the ebony and oiled the joints :)
nNXQkvQ.jpg

During this past year it has been my partner in many adventures :cool:

From our many walks, to ice skating in the forest, xc skiing , boating, fishing, navigating the Rideau Canal and trips to Prince Edward Island and a few throughout Ontario .

It has graciously posed for hundreds of pictures and became friends with many chickadees, a chipmunk, squirrels, deer and a few other critters :D

Today we are cruising the Rideau again, took this photo a few minutes ago.

Life is good :thumbsup: :)

mjNSl40.jpg

Thanks Ron :) I still have half of it left, and with so much more fruit to do something with, I am worried I might start turning into a blackberry! :D ;) When I am out walking, I do hate seeing so much fruit going unpicked, while folks pay a fortune for a small punnet in the supermarket o_O :thumbsup:

I'm going 'posh' today, with a DamLamb ;) :thumbsup:

e0bVTB8.jpg

Ks0Kmww.jpg
Waste not! Want not! The blackberries are such a wonderful natural resource it is really a shame for them to be wasted. Truth be known Jack, a lot of people just don’t want to take the time to bother with them! If they had ever tasted one of my grandmothers cobblers or her home jam they would be grabbing every berry in sight! ;) Your DamLamb is a spectacular knife Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Sorry for the enthusiasm, but after a long search...

I’m gonna be a “Guardian” soon!!!!
So bloody excited, Gents and Gals!
Congratulations! I know you’ll really enjoy it! :)

[QUOTE="Half/Stop, post: 19943180

Congratulations! I know you’ll really enjoy it! :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I always drool over your horn and bone covered slipjoints. One heck of a collection. So so very beautiful.

It is the one year anniversary since it showed up at my door and our journey together began :)

From our many walks, to ice skating in the forest, xc skiing , boating, fishing, navigating the Rideau Canal and trips to Prince Edward Island and a few throughout Ontario .

It has graciously posed for hundreds of pictures and became friends with many chickadees, a chipmunk, squirrels, deer and a few other critters :D

mjNSl40.jpg
I’ve really enjoyed all your adventures this past year Dan! Your photos are always such a treat! Keep them coming my friend! And yes, Life is Good! :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Sorry I haven't been as active, I've been super busy getting ready for school to start.

Must be a lot of work John, is it tomorrow that you go back? Hope it all goes well my friend, stay safe :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians.

UkGAh6E.jpg

Nice to see one of the Rosewood models Ed :) :thumbsup:

Sorry for the enthusiasm, but after a long search...

I’m gonna be a “Guardian” soon!!!!
So bloody excited, Gents and Gals!

Yay! Great news :cool: Hope you get a nice one :) :thumbsup:

mjNSl40.jpg

Thank you for sharing all your adventures with us Dan, your photos have been a real treat :) :thumbsup:

Waste not! Want not! The blackberries are such a wonderful natural resource it is really a shame for them to be wasted. Truth be known Jack, a lot of people just don’t want to take the time to bother with them! If they had ever tasted one of my grandmothers cobblers or her home jam they would be grabbing every berry in sight! ;) Your DamLamb is a spectacular knife Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Congratulations! I know you’ll really enjoy it! :)

Absolutely Ron :) I took some round to my elderly neighbours the other day, and told them to help themselves, as I do every year. I got back home to find a small tub of blackberries on my doorstep! :D I'm going to rustle up a quick crumble, and take it down to a friend down the road, whom I'm having a drink with tonight :)

Absolutely Ron :) I took some round to my elderly neighbours the other day, and told them to help themselves, as I do every year. I got back home to find a small tub of blackberries on my doorstep! :D I'm going to rustle up a quick crumble, and take it down to a friend down the road, whom I'm having a drink with tonight :)
You’re a great friend and neighbor Jack! :thumbsup: I bet all those elderly folks love to see you knocking on their door! ;) Enjoy your evening my friend! :) :thumbsup:

You’re a great friend and neighbor Jack! :thumbsup: I bet all those elderly folks love to see you knocking on their door! ;) Enjoy your evening my friend! :) :thumbsup:

That's kind Ron, doing someone a good turn always puts a smile on my face, so I try to do as many as possible :) Thanks pal, I hope you and Pam have a good one too :) :thumbsup:

Back