Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Recycled pic.
toNosD0.jpg

Hope everyone's weeks are turning out well. :thumbsup:

Really Jer, they weren't bad at all. I've had a couple of plant-based burgers which were even better. I guess all this stuff is pretty new-fangled, but there's plenty of good traditional food that doesn't have any meat in it. Beans on toast, or a chip butty, for instance ;) Or blackberry crumble, which I've been just about living on this past week :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

dRhl0zh.jpg

weliDBf.jpg

Nice pic mate, glad you've got plenty of stocks in there ;) Stay safe :thumbsup:

Nice to see your new camera in use Randy. Just Lambsfoot pics in this thread though please :thumbsup:

Hey Dwight! :) Great to see you here my friend, how're you keeping, hope everything is well with you and yours :) Fantastic pic, as always :) :thumbsup:

Looks like your Lamb has been getting some honest use Vince :) :thumbsup:

That's a run of bad luck Randy, hope things are on the up and up for you now buddy :) Sounds like a good camera, I used to have an EOS myself back in the pre-digital days. Cool pic there :cool: Good point, it's worth having a back-up at the moment. I have an Ipad Mini in addition to my PC, but I can't remember the last time I used it :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK. Hot day here yesterday, but I had to stay at home as I was waiting for a courier company to pick up an item fraudulently sold on the big river site, gave me a time of 8am-8pm, and then didn't turn up :mad: Going to have to deal with them again today :thumbsdown: Still muggy here, but cloudy, and they are forecasting thunder storms and rain for the rest of the week o_O I believe our fellow Guardian JohnDF JohnDF has to go back to skool today, so good luck John, and I hope it all goes OK :thumbsup: Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

bGnxlbG.jpg
Yup.
The last two vegsages I tried were different varieties of the same brand from the refrigerated instead of frozen section, which probably made them extra expensive, and I tried to grill them, which wasn't their fault. I remember decent vegetarian sausage from way back in my vegetarian days in the mid seventies. I've got recipes for veggie burgers, which could probably become sausages with the right spices.
And yes, it's not terribly important. They don't even worry any more about getting the complementary plant proteins that so concerned Frances Moore Lappe in the seventies, and there's plenty of peasant food that was always meatless because most of us were always poor.
vMF6Kdg.jpg

Recycled pic.
toNosD0.jpg

Hope everyone's weeks are turning out well. :thumbsup:

Hope the map isn't out of date yet David ;) Have a good week mate :thumbsup:

Yup.
The last two vegsages I tried were different varieties of the same brand from the refrigerated instead of frozen section, which probably made them extra expensive, and I tried to grill them, which wasn't their fault. I remember decent vegetarian sausage from way back in my vegetarian days in the mid seventies. I've got recipes for veggie burgers, which could probably become sausages with the right spices.
And yes, it's not terribly important. They don't even worry any more about getting the complementary plant proteins that so concerned Frances Moore Lappe in the seventies, and there's plenty of peasant food that was always meatless because most of us were always poor.
vMF6Kdg.jpg

I bought some packs of veggie sausage mix from Costco in case there's another lockdown. It lasts for ages, and doesn't need refrigerating. I don't know what it tastes like, but if I can't get out to the shops, I'm sure I'll be glad of it. Yes indeed Jer, I don't think poor folks here, a few hundred years ago, got much meat to eat, or even during WW2 for that matter :thumbsup:

Teachers started back yesterday for us. Toting my AC for day 2 of planning and preparation. Y’all have a great day, Guardians!

View attachment 1396447

Good luck Joshua, hope everything goes OK when the kiddywinks come back ;) Your AC is looking good :) :thumbsup:

Really Jer, they weren't bad at all. I've had a couple of plant-based burgers which were even better. I guess all this stuff is pretty new-fangled, but there's plenty of good traditional food that doesn't have any meat in it. Beans on toast, or a chip butty, for instance ;) Or blackberry crumble, which I've been just about living on this past week :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

dRhl0zh.jpg

weliDBf.jpg

Nice pic mate, glad you've got plenty of stocks in there ;) Stay safe :thumbsup:

Nice to see your new camera in use Randy. Just Lambsfoot pics in this thread though please :thumbsup:

Hey Dwight! :) Great to see you here my friend, how're you keeping, hope everything is well with you and yours :) Fantastic pic, as always :) :thumbsup:

Looks like your Lamb has been getting some honest use Vince :) :thumbsup:

That's a run of bad luck Randy, hope things are on the up and up for you now buddy :) Sounds like a good camera, I used to have an EOS myself back in the pre-digital days. Cool pic there :cool: Good point, it's worth having a back-up at the moment. I have an Ipad Mini in addition to my PC, but I can't remember the last time I used it :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone is doing OK. Hot day here yesterday, but I had to stay at home as I was waiting for a courier company to pick up an item fraudulently sold on the big river site, gave me a time of 8am-8pm, and then didn't turn up :mad: Going to have to deal with them again today :thumbsdown: Still muggy here, but cloudy, and they are forecasting thunder storms and rain for the rest of the week o_O I believe our fellow Guardian JohnDF JohnDF has to go back to skool today, so good luck John, and I hope it all goes OK :thumbsup: Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

bGnxlbG.jpg

Hope you are able to stay dry when the storms come through Jack. You HHB looking good as always:thumbsup: The black berry crumble looks scrumptious:D

I bought some packs of veggie sausage mix from Costco in case there's another lockdown. It lasts for ages, and doesn't need refrigerating. I don't know what it tastes like, but if I can't get out to the shops, I'm sure I'll be glad of it. Yes indeed Jer, I don't think poor folks here, a few hundred years ago, got much meat to eat, or even during WW2 for that matter
Good old Costco. I have a twelve-pound bag of rice from them in a popcorn tin in the basement. I'll look for that veg sausage mix. Thanks for the tip.
I don't know how good an idea this is; won't the lentils be mush when the beans are cooked?
COmajAR.jpg

Hope the map isn't out of date yet David ;) Have a good week mate :thumbsup:

I bought some packs of veggie sausage mix from Costco in case there's another lockdown. It lasts for ages, and doesn't need refrigerating. I don't know what it tastes like, but if I can't get out to the shops, I'm sure I'll be glad of it. Yes indeed Jer, I don't think poor folks here, a few hundred years ago, got much meat to eat, or even during WW2 for that matter :thumbsup:

Good luck Joshua, hope everything goes OK when the kiddywinks come back ;) Your AC is looking good :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! It’s going to be a good year, but it may prove difficult if the virus plays havoc again. We’re planning to be flexible and praying for some relief from any more spikes.

Great to see you stopping by, Dwight. :cool::thumbsup:

I believe our fellow Guardian JohnDF JohnDF has to go back to skool today, so good luck John, and I hope it all goes OK :thumbsup:
Thanks for remembering, Jack. :)
After a couple of months of prep work, I think our new school is ready to open. The last week has been jam-packed and I wasn't sure I was going to make it at times. But finally the day has arrived that I get to meet with all my new students. Even if it's just one-on-one, socially distanced, with masks on... It should be exciting. Funny thing is, after all the work to prep, and finally getting to meet my students, I will then have five days off. o_O Just the way the schedule worked out. :cool::thumbsup:

Teachers started back yesterday for us.
Good luck, Joshua. I bet you're excited to get started. :cool::thumbsup:

Great to see you stopping by, Dwight. :cool::thumbsup:

After a couple of months of prep work, I think our new school is ready to open. The last week has been jam-packed and I wasn't sure I was going to make it at times. But finally the day has arrived that I get to meet with all my new students. Even if it's just one-on-one, socially distanced, with masks on... It should be exciting. Funny thing is, after all the work to prep, and finally getting to meet my students, I will then have five days off. o_O Just the way the schedule worked out. :cool::thumbsup:

Same to you my friend! May your students be eager to learn.

Looking to get some weed killing done today. Got a few pests to deal with too. Got to get started because there is a good chance of thunder and lightning today. Have to pace myself though; hot and muggy already here in NC.
View attachment 1396477

We have much the same weather here Bill, hot and muggy, with a forecast of thunder and heavy rain :thumbsup:

Good old Costco. I have a twelve-pound bag of rice from them in a popcorn tin in the basement. I'll look for that veg sausage mix. Thanks for the tip.
I don't know how good an idea this is; won't the lentils be mush when the beans are cooked?
COmajAR.jpg

I think it was by Granovita Jer, got a box of about 10 smaller packs delivered. I'll probably add some chopped onions and a few other things to it. I usually add a handful of that kind of mix to stews (usually soak it first), but I once bought some that had rice and barley in, along with lentils, dried beans, and peas. The Rice and barley just turned to mush o_O

Good morning Guardians! I hope y’all are well! I’m totin my Rosewood big ‘un today....

50213306253_70c92fd72e_o_d.jpg

Looks like you might have some work on today Ron ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! It’s going to be a good year, but it may prove difficult if the virus plays havoc again. We’re planning to be flexible and praying for some relief from any more spikes.

Sounds like a sensible approach Joshua, I guess we're all going to have to be flexible for a while :thumbsup:

Strange times, but it sounds like it's going well, all considered, John :thumbsup: When I was a youth-worker, one year I had accrued so much time off due to unpaid overtime, I was away for 5 weeks, and some folks thought I had actually left! :D It was strange going back :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good Morning to all my Fellow Guardians

Good-looking Rosewood John :cool: :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians. Ebony Big 'Un in the pocket today. Thanks again Jack! It's funny I put off getting one for so long, and now it's become one of my favorites to carry.

Have a great week everyone! I haven't been posting as much lately, but I do try to keep up semi-regularly ;)

UxdiNP8.jpg

Hopefully you did something fun with all that time off.

I hope so John, but I can barely remember back to 1982! :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians. Ebony Big 'Un in the pocket today. Thanks again Jack! It's funny I put off getting one for so long, and now it's become one of my favorites to carry.

Have a great week everyone! I haven't been posting as much lately, but I do try to keep up semi-regularly ;)

UxdiNP8.jpg

Great to see you here Mike :) The Big 'Un is a whole 'nutha Lambsfoot :cool: ;) :thumbsup:

I do! And I’m glad it’s all indoors! ;) :D

LOL! :D Here, I am sat between an electric fan and an air purifier! :D :thumbsup:

Headed to town this morning - Bills to mail, groceries to take in, carry-out Mexican food to bring home, and gas to burn driving around town to see whats up with all the Yokels around here. Of course I'll have my usual stock of knives that I carry in my truck with me but I'll take this Standard Rosewood along for company too. Hmmmm, although there is a Mexican Peso pictured with the Lambfoot, it won't be spent on our Mexican carry-out as the Mexican owners only take green backs - not even credit cards.

OWUWtQS.jpg

Headed to town this morning - Bills to mail, groceries to take in, carry-out Mexican food to bring home, and gas to burn driving around town to see whats up with all the Yokels around here. Of course I'll have my usual stock of knives that I carry in my truck with me but I'll take this Standard Rosewood along for company too. Hmmmm, although there is a Mexican Peso pictured with the Lambfoot, it won't be spent on our Mexican carry-out as the Mexican owners only take green backs - not even credit cards.

OWUWtQS.jpg

Have a fun day with your Lambsfoot Ed :) :thumbsup:

Back