Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Jack Black Jack Black , Just found this in a online site that email news every morning, just liked it and thought of you straight away knowing your love of hiking. It is from the Grampians in Western Victoria, a beautiful part of this state. Thought with everything going on, we all need something pleasant to enjoy.
SJCmkSj.jpg

Hey guys I waited a couple of days to post this to make sure I was making the best decision for myself just wanted to make sure I was doing what I believe is the right thing for me. Also I want to say up front that I am not angry in the least at anyone or anything here on Blade Forums and that this post is nothing more or less than my take on things and there's a 50% chance I'm right and a 50% chance in both my I'm wrong in my thoughts, perceptions and reactions to these recent events. The other day I took several knife pics with my new camera and inadvertently posted a a picture in the Guardians thread simply put the wrong picture in the wrong thread it was meant for the Picture Show thread. I didn't catch my mistake immediately however others did and found it necessary to call me out publicly in the thread in bold type which to be honest caught me by surprise and truthfully it also embarrassed me. I had a lot of things happen the last few years and I took a sabbatical from BF for a couple of years but things had leveled out and I thought I'd come back for all things pocketknife. I felt I had always been a conscientious member and over the years had proved myself as such and that for me to have posted a picture of knives other than the Lambfoot pattern here it must have been a mistake. I also thought that those that know me would show me enough respect to send me a PM to bring it to my attention and in so doing give me the chance to rectify it. Instead as I said I was called out publicly in bold type to focus everyone who read this thread to the fact that I screwed up and that was not to be tolerated .
Now I know that this post is way over the top dramatically and I gotta admit I got a couple of good snickers as I wrote it but IMO it's also a good example of you never know where someone else is in life and your actions do have an effect on others so stop, think and respect that formula will take you far ion this life. As for me the last 3 years have been hard however I'm still here I have everything I need the only thing I wish were different is that I wasn't in a wheelchair but at least I have a wheelchair and I'm mobile. I've had to deal with mucho hassles for a long time that has left me with a bit of a different mindset these days. I'm old now and I no longer have anyone to answer to other than God and myself so I'm finally at a point I no longer have to deal with anything that stresses me out or angers me or is just a hassle perceived or real. So I am not going to let a social media site that I should be enjoying be a source of stress so adios my friends I'm gone please enjoy your forum I'll will still be lurking from time to time or may buy or sell something on the exchange no longer participating. Frank and Gary you guys are awesome thanks for all you do here to my good friends you know who you are you can get me through my email.
Randy

Funny how when you go through a rough patch you look at things differently. Me - I've got a crooked jaw and a crooked smile and Randy, I hope you give it another week before you leave the station. It might have seemed a harsh thing to do to put your mistake in bold print for all tho see but in the parameters of the rules of this thread, Jack's action was in line with other actions he's taken in the past with others.

Lambfoot content
x8pycNh.jpg

Last edited:
“British and Irish grandmothers are fond of saying that you should have a hot drink when the weather is warm, TO COOL YOU DOWN! :rolleyes: I'm not sure if there is any actual science behind that, but I prefer to cool down with a cold pint! ;) :D

I once worked in a factory with some Egyptians who said the same thing.
If the hot coffee makes you sweat, you might get some evaporative cooling, if the air is dry enough.

Nice to see your new camera in use Randy. Just Lambsfoot pics in this thread though please :thumbsup:

That's a run of bad luck Randy, hope things are on the up and up for you now buddy :) Sounds like a good camera, I used to have an EOS myself back in the pre-digital days. Cool pic there :cool: Good point, it's worth having a back-up at the moment. I have an Ipad Mini in addition to my PC, but I can't remember the last time I used it :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Hey guys I waited a couple of days to post this to make sure I was making the best decision for myself just wanted to make sure I was doing what I believe is the right thing for me. Also I want to say up front that I am not angry in the least at anyone or anything here on Blade Forums and that this post is nothing more or less than my take on things and there's a 50% chance I'm right and a 50% chance in both my I'm wrong in my thoughts, perceptions and reactions to these recent events. The other day I took several knife pics with my new camera and inadvertently posted a a picture in the Guardians thread simply put the wrong picture in the wrong thread it was meant for the Picture Show thread. I didn't catch my mistake immediately however others did and found it necessary to call me out publicly in the thread in bold type which to be honest caught me by surprise and truthfully it also embarrassed me. I had a lot of things happen the last few years and I took a sabbatical from BF for a couple of years but things had leveled out and I thought I'd come back for all things pocketknife. I felt I had always been a conscientious member and over the years had proved myself as such and that for me to have posted a picture of knives other than the Lambfoot pattern here it must have been a mistake. I also thought that those that know me would show me enough respect to send me a PM to bring it to my attention and in so doing give me the chance to rectify it. Instead as I said I was called out publicly in bold type to focus everyone who read this thread to the fact that I screwed up and that was not to be tolerated .
Now I know that this post is way over the top dramatically and I gotta admit I got a couple of good snickers as I wrote it but IMO it's also a good example of you never know where someone else is in life and your actions do have an effect on others so stop, think and respect that formula will take you far ion this life. As for me the last 3 years have been hard however I'm still here I have everything I need the only thing I wish were different is that I wasn't in a wheelchair but at least I have a wheelchair and I'm mobile. I've had to deal with mucho hassles for a long time that has left me with a bit of a different mindset these days. I'm old now and I no longer have anyone to answer to other than God and myself so I'm finally at a point I no longer have to deal with anything that stresses me out or angers me or is just a hassle perceived or real. So I am not going to let a social media site that I should be enjoying be a source of stress so adios my friends I'm gone please enjoy your forum I'll will still be lurking from time to time or may buy or sell something on the exchange no longer participating. Frank and Gary you guys are awesome thanks for all you do here to my good friends you know who you are you can get me through my email.
Randy

Hey Randy, very sorry to wake up to this :( I've always considered you a very good friend, and I know you've been through some hard times these past few years, times you've handled with incredible dignity and courage, and have managed to maintain a positive outlook in spite of all life has thrown at you. Let's forget about the 'someone's and 'those who know you', you're talking about this post, by me, which I had to go back a few pages to find. It's a lengthy post, catching up with everyone's posts, made while it was night-time over here, but I commented on two of your photos in that post, so I've quoted them both above. However, I hope folks will take the trouble to go back and read my post in full.

Since June 26th 2016, the rule here has been Lambsfoot knives only. When folks slip up, it isn't fun to have to remind them, but unless some other Guardian very kindly steps in, I do so TO EVERYONE (that's in capitals for emphasis, not because I'm shouting ;) ), irrespective of my personal friendships. To do otherwise would be contradictory and unfair, and if I didn't do it, this thread would be overrun with other patterns by now, just as the first Lambsfoot thread I posted was. So, I didn't draw your attention to that photo out of disrespect, and I didn't use capitals to publicly demean you in some way, but simply to draw your attention to the post (particularly since it was in the middle of a lengthy post, and you don't post here all that often). You might reflect that, apart from being unfair, it would have been rather patronising of me to ignore it. I didn't send you a PM because I didn't think it was necessary, a simple mistake that could be easily rectified. PMs work both ways Randy.

I'm very sorry that my post upset you so much Randy, and reading your response did not give me any snickers :( I don't think it's entirely fair to paint me in such a bad light simply for trying to evenly enforce the rules of this thread. I hope you'll reflect upon what you've said, and that you'll come back and share some great Lambsfoot pics, taken with your new camera, with your brother Guardians. Either way, I hope life gets better for you Randy, and that you have happier days ahead.

Your friend

Jack

Funny how when you go through a rough patch you look at things differently. Me - I've got a crooked jaw and a crooked smile and Randy, I hope you give it another week before you leave the station. It was a Jerk thing to do to put your mistake in bold print for all tho see. Maybe he'll apologize. He needs to.

Lambfoot content
x8pycNh.jpg

Ed, you've been going through tough times for years, particularly this last one. In my opinion, you've shown enormous courage in the face of what has been a very painful time for you. I hope, and I think it is correct to say, you've been shown a huge amount of support since you started posting in this thread, and it's been good to have you here. I've been here long enough to remember a time when these sort of inflammatory and aggressive posts were pretty common for you, and I thought you'd left those days behind. If you think it's acceptable to call me a jerk for drawing someone's attention to an errant post they've made, then you need to think again. Insulting someone, who has only shown you kindness, someone on the other side of the world, demeans you.

I'm very sorry for anyone who is upset about my even-handed application of the rules here, but those ARE the rules, so the bottom line is, if they're unacceptable to you, or you feel it's acceptable to insult me, or anyone else here, for drawing your attention to them, this isn't the thread for you. This is in bold so everyone reads it :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, I'm going to have to catch up with everyone else's posts later I'm afraid, but I'm carrying my Hartshead Barlow. Have a good day :thumbsup:

Xo3jrHG.jpg

“British and Irish grandmothers are fond of saying that you should have a hot drink when the weather is warm, TO COOL YOU DOWN! :rolleyes: I'm not sure if there is any actual science behind that, but I prefer to cool down with a cold pint! ;) :D

I once worked in a factory with some Egyptians who said the same thing.
If the hot coffee makes you sweat, you might get some evaporative cooling, if the air is dry enough.
Yeah, but it does not feel as good as a cold beer on a hot day.:p

Jack Black Jack Black - You are not a jerk. It was not meant to be an insult to you. It wasn't necessary to Yell at him in all caps . I could have easily said it was an overbearing thing to do which would have been better. Randy made a mistake not meant to clutter the Guardians Thread with rift-ratf knives. We're all in this for better or for worse so let's make the best of it.

This is a great thread. The occasional errant mention of a knife not a Lambfoot knife shouldn't be cause for a public lashing - a PM to the errant party would do..

Here in Germany you’re going to find these ‚pope cookies‘ in several patterns and different taste variants around Christmas as well. They are called ‚Spekulatius‘ which is probably similar to the Belgium name.

Gerd

Last edited:
My son’s Beta likes the lambsfoot.
F29CB7B2-1D26-4F18-85E0-39446C608F4F.jpeg

As someone who has been corrected several times by Jack Black Jack Black for non-lambsfoot content or getting into undesired content I can say that I’ve never taken offense. One of the things we’ve lost in our day and time if the ability to speak our mind frankly with others who disagree and walk away with mutual respect. In addition, one of the things I was taught was to show to respect when you are a guest in another’s home. This thread is Jack’s thread and respecting the content he wishes to keep here is basic courtesy, even when I might disagree or wish things were different. Without these sort of codes of conduct and respect we lose the ability to be at peace. Life is full of horrible and unexpected trials for everyone, and such trials are no excuse, and can only be made worse by taking offense where none need be taken. I think the majority of folks here have appreciation and some even great affection for those who participate regularly, and I hope you decide to stick around, Randy, as I know you are appreciated here.

Back