Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery What are you expecting???? Curious minds want to know.

Well...I probably shouldn’t have played it up so much, but I’ve been looking for a Waynorth Chestnut Jigged Bone to match my Ramsfoot at a fair price...which wasn’t easy.
A member reached out to me a while back with exactly what I was looking for, and a decent price. So after a year of searching...it finally happened!!
Oh I hope the mail is on time. Haha. If not, I’ll exercise patience, publicly. Haha.

I find it hard to browse this Guardians thread cause all I want to do is light everyone’s inbox on fire with “whats the model number?” “What an amazing knife!” “Killer horn on your lambsfoots, Jack Black Jack Black !!”
Mine is still in the mail. Slated for monday delivery...It’s killlin me! Haha.
Lambsfoot is one of my favorite blade shapes. This thread is amazing, and I feel like i havent even scratched the surface of this 2211 page thread. And yes, I started at page one. Haha. :D Hope you all have a fantastic day!

ETA: so if ya’ll get a “like” on a post from years ago...it’s probably just me. Haha

Thanks, looking forward to seeing your Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

Here's some horn I haven't carried in a while :thumbsup:

3zvItoS.jpg

The village of Remsen City was highly Welsh. There was the old Welshwoman who was willing to sell Mom and Dad some land, but it would be just between us, no need to write anything down, just pay me every month and I'll tell you when to stop.
And that dammed old Welshman who ended up paying Dad about a nickel an hour for painting his house, because he kept adding colors.
Anyway, Welsh seemed to be a relevant part of their descriptions. Not without a note of Welsh admiration.
kPPgzOY.jpg

I'm minded of some Sheffield cutlers! o_O Sorry for missing this earlier Jer, sounds like your folks had a lot to contend with :eek: :thumbsup:

Beautiful Lambsfoot Ron :) Stay safe :thumbsup:

Really? I'd not heard that Jer - possibly because Wales is a little further away from Yorkshire, and we already have Lancashire to blame for everything! :D ;) I guess there are folks with short arms and deep pockets everywhere! ;) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has been having a good day. The weather has been nice here today, bright and sunny, but not too hot. I had a good lunch with my pal, and a good day hanging out on the tool-stall :) :thumbsup:

Too tired to cook ;) :thumbsup:

0216gO8.jpg
Delicious and healthy eating Jack. Your HHB fits right in with that repast!:thumbsup:

Delicious and healthy eating Jack. Your HHB fits right in with that repast!:thumbsup:

Thank you very much Bill, it did make a nice change :)

Good afternoon Guardians from wet/soggy NC. Remnants of the hurricane Sally I'm afraid. My God is the rain ever coming down in buckets and more:eek:. Going out this evening for some grilled seafood fresh from the Atlantic Coast...fitting.
View attachment 1420745

Yikes! Hope you're keeping dry Bill :) Crisp pic of your Hartshead Barlow :cool: Enjoy your seafood :) :thumbsup:

Modoc ED Modoc ED
Man that's a really sad situation your nephew's in, Ed. So very sorry to hear it. Smoke and prayers sent for him and the family.

Modoc ED Modoc ED
Man that's a really sad situation your nephew's in, Ed. So very sorry to hear it. Smoke and prayers sent for him and the family.

Thanks Gary. His daughters are with him now so, I'm not going today - letting them have all the time with him. He has rallied somewhat with their arrival and we'll go down to the hospital tomorrow.

He is!!!! Despite many more downs than ups, he's still managed to keep a sense of humor and has not wallowed in self pity. I know this will sound terrible but we expect him to pass in the next couple of days. His three daughters came into town last night and they're why he's been holding on - to see them one last time.

Thanks Gary. His daughters are with him now so, I'm not going today - letting them have all the time with him. He has rallied somewhat with their arrival and we'll go down to the hospital tomorrow.
Best wishes for him and all his loved ones.

Question for the long-time Guardians here - do you find this blade shape useful for your daily life or is it more of a specialty thing?

Edited to better fit the thread.

Last edited:
Question for the long-time Guardians here - how much more useful do you find this blade shape over other common designs for your daily life?

Other knive and patterns aren't up for discussion in this particular thread; however, I will say that the Lambfoot blade is appropriate and works well in most scenarios.
Yes. Without going into detailed comparisons between various blade shapes, the Lambsfoot is sturdy enough for hard work, and the tapered spine allows good control of the tip for finer tasks.

xPyjmho.jpg

Good morning, Guardians, and welcome back!

Lambsfoot muster:
AdHAt6w.jpg

Maybe a week off every year or so would make us appreciate this place all the more. :D
Good evening Guardians, just want to wish everyone a good and safe weekend, especially those in the fire and hurricane/ flood areas of America. Take care and look after yourselves. Also been reading that parts of the " Old Dart " are going back into some forms of lockdown, just hang in there.:)
r8shell r8shell Liked the above post, great " Mob of Lambs " you have there.

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY LAMBS.

VfmAYHC.jpg
:thumbsup:

9QeMisp.jpg

Good day Guardians :)

I've "collected" :) a lot of pictures of my lambsfoot knives over the past year.
Looking at some of them it bring memories of the time, place, trip etc when they were taken.
I though I would share some of them again.
I'll put the recycled symbol ♻️ after theses pics to note that they were previously shared, liked and commented before :)

My first couple pics upon the arrival of my lambsfoot.
aqKUKrq.jpg

♻️
After some polishing and buffing :)
nNXQkvQ.jpg

♻️
I meant to ask, you know a fair bit about wood work, what sort of wax do you use?:)

Question for the long-time Guardians here - do you find this blade shape useful for your daily life or is it more of a specialty thing?

Edited to better fit the thread.
It is not a specialty thing. It is one of the most useful blade shapes for all round tasks. That is why they were carried by many stockman, farmers and those in the horticultural industry. They were loosely termed as work knives for a reason.

Other knive and patterns aren't up for discussion in this particular thread; however, I will say that the Lambfoot blade is appropriate and works well in most scenarios.
You are so correct, keep 'em sharp and there is not many tasks that they can't do. :thumbsup: Sorry to hear of your personal circumstances, very sad.

Good evening, Guardians. I have the Waynorth Lamb with me today - it's good to have a Lambsfoot in the pocket.

cdNGCem.jpg
I have to ask you. I was watching a hunting show from America last night and there were eagles that you have as your avatar, what are they called.?

Back