Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good Morning Guardians and anyone else looking in. Hope everyone has a great day.

I've got to go visit my nephew in the hospital later today so I thought this "Lil-un" with Pere David stag covers would be appropriate for a hospital scene. He's got advanced stage-four cancer. He has a tumor on his spine that grew so large that it shattered two of his vertebra in his spine and paralized him from the waist down.
That's rough, Ed, so sorry to hear that! Glad you are able to visit him, since this virus has so much shut down and no visitors. Please pass along our best wishes!
I thought I'd treat myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day today ;) :thumbsup:

0KjBR9J.jpg

qzvAXsd.jpg
And quite a Double Dandy Delight to have close at hand, Jack!:cool::thumbsup:
I've got a few chores to take care of today, including an appointment with some pigeons! :eek:

WZFGbna.jpg
The pigeons would not stand a chance!:D
Great pic Jack. But where exactly is the pie??:D
V83Al7S.jpg

D6WLGwE.jpg

HXmS7e1.jpg
Looks good, David! Nice scenery as well!:)
Great looking Wood and Steel, José!:cool:
Good morning Guardians! Me and Big Eb are heading to the kitchen! ;) I hope y’all have a great weekend! :D :thumbsup:

50355700627_8636633f3e_c_d.jpg
Hope you and Big Eb have a great adventure in the kitchen, Ron!:D:thumbsup:
RkmQNhn.jpg

I almost ordered two new sets of strings; I guess they were on sale last time.
Nice way to spend a little time, a little Lambsfoot, a little picking!:thumbsup: That reminds me, I need to order some strings for my nylon.
Good morning Guardians :)

fqSJELB.jpg
A "Good Morning " of a shot, Dan!;):thumbsup:
I certainly wouldn't trust one of the local Greys with a Lambsfoot though, they'd either chew the scales off or run off with it! :eek:

MWf8hJY.jpg
Then you would.have to clean his little carcass and have squirrel stew!:D:thumbsup:
Headed out to the hospital in an hour or so to visit with my nephew. I'll have this "Lil-un" with me today. Have a great day everyone.

KvkB4n3.jpg
Lil-un is looking good, Ed! Hope you had a good visit!:thumbsup:
Good morning, Guardians!
Cws67jY.jpg
Looking real good, Vince!:cool::thumbsup::D
Nice photo, José!
Have a great weekend Guardians :thumbsup:

xvWvEe7.jpg
Great shot, Jack! Have a great hike!:):thumbsup:

More testing. Dr's office practicing safety.
p3zcXIN.jpg

Had my HHB with me all day.
Zr2qe1u.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well, I still have some catching up to do!

That's rough, Ed, so sorry to hear that! Glad you are able to visit him, since this virus has so much shut down and no visitors. Please pass along our best wishes!

Nice way to spend a little time, a little Lambsfoot, a little picking!:thumbsup: That reminds me, I need to order some strings for my nylon.

Then you would.have to clean his little carcass and have squirrel stew!:D:thumbsup:

Nice photo, José!

p3zcXIN.jpg

Zr2qe1u.jpg

Hi Dennis, been wondering about your whereabouts :) lately ( ... I am not as active as I used to on this thread so perhaps you were checking in and I missed it )
Good to see you :)

Nice photo, José!

p3zcXIN.jpg

Zr2qe1u.jpg

Glad to see your post, was thinking of you this morning and hoping you were okay. Glad to see some communication, look after yourself my friend.

I know where it is now!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D.

Where all pies end up :D:thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks mate, three cracking pics there :cool: It's actually been a while since I had a pie! :eek: I've had a few pasties, but I don't think I've had a pie for a couple of months :( Need to up my game! :D ;) :thumbsup:

PDS345W.jpg

A couple of months? I may make it a couple of weeks but it's rare. :D

Great photos and Lambsfoot content David! :) :thumbsup:

fqSJELB.jpg

zFtHKhE.jpg

♻️ pics

I continue to marvel at the precariousness of your lambsfoot. :eek::D

p3zcXIN.jpg

Zr2qe1u.jpg

Nice HHB there. It's good to see Dr's waiting rooms in the US are as depressingly furnished as Dr's waiting rooms in the UK.
Thanks, that river is actually the Manchester Ship Canal, one of the largest engineering projects of the 19th century.

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryMagazine/DestinationsUK/The-Manchester-Ship-Canal/

Where are the brakes??

There's brakes??
Now you tell me! :D

Yesterday's walk. This thing needs an oil and a sharpen and some general TLC.
HtVaMnT.jpg

Got a lot of catching up to do.
Thank you very much Bill, it did make a nice change :)

Yikes! Hope you're keeping dry Bill :) Crisp pic of your Hartshead Barlow :cool: Enjoy your seafood :) :thumbsup:
8 inches of rain in one day:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::eek:

Hi Leon, I use carnauba wax , a very hard wax. I touch the buffing wheel with it for a second and then buff the wood.
I buy mine at Lee Valley in Canada

However, they sell soft formulations for wood turnes of carnauba wax, bees wax and mineral oil that you can apply by hand with a rag. I made my own my melting a bit of these waxes and mixing with oil and it worked very well.

fqSJELB.jpg

zFtHKhE.jpg

♻️ pics
Nice photos as always Dan:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think they must have heard me coming Ron :rolleyes: Got a lot round here recently, because of some local idiot feeding them on an almost industrial scale o_O When I was out in the back garden the other day, there must have been at least a dozen on my roof. Obviously, I don't want to wreck my own roof, so I only armed myself with some clay balls as ammunition, but when I went out today, there was only one up there, and he soon flew off. Think I might have to make a few trips :rolleyes: While I was out there, I took this pic for Jer @scrteened porch ! :D I certainly wouldn't trust one of the local Greys with a Lambsfoot though, they'd either chew the scales off or run off with it! :eek:

MWf8hJY.jpg

Hope you two rustle up some good grub Ron! :D :) :thumbsup:

Nice choice Jer :) :thumbsup:

Looks like some wind has passed through there Dan, nice pics :) :thumbsup:

Definitely Rachel :) Enjoy your eggs :) :thumbsup:

Jack, I'm not as gentle with the tree rats. If they ever get into your home it's a veritable disaster. I keep the local population...uhh...pruned.:D Oooops, I'll probably get into hot water with some of the animal lovers but if they have ever experienced the damage that I have ...

Looks like some wind has passed through there Dan, nice pics :) :thumbsup:
Yes it very well may have. I took this pics very close to the ocean in Prince Edward Island and we got to experience some very strong winds on a couple days while we were there.
I believe that it was hurricane Dorian last year that struck this region right after we had left and destroyed up to 80 % of the trees in that National Park :(
I continue to marvel at the precariousness of your lambsfoot. :eek::D
Thank you David :thumbsup::D
I know, my lamb lambs loves to "live on the edge" :cool:
Nice photos as always Dan:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Gracias Bill :)

Good day Guardians

RmvPiZ8.jpg

aRrVvur.jpg

♻️ pics

Just another reason I always say, the only good squirrel is a fried squirrel.

You're a TERRIBLE vegan Jer! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Dennis, great to see you here my friend :) I had a few beers with my Dandy Duo last night! :D ;) :thumbsup:

hNKivo7.jpg

Then you would have to clean his little carcass and have squirrel stew!:D:thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Not many folks eat squirrel here, but I've had it as a kid - I had a slingshot then too! :D ;) :thumbsup:

p3zcXIN.jpg

Zr2qe1u.jpg

Thanks a lot buddy, I hope those tests come back AOK :thumbsup:

Hey Ron, every time you write “Eb” my brain reads it as “E flat”... as in the musical note name. Lol
You get me every time :D

After all this talk of " Dogs Eyes ", was at my girls local bakery this morning and they had just cooked some family pies, could not help myself. Lunch.:p

Z28cVSH.jpg

My mouth is watering mate! :) And I'm still stuffed from a 4-course lunch! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Where all pies end up :D:thumbsup:

A couple of months? I may make it a couple of weeks but it's rare. :D

LOL! :D Yeah, I can't believe it's been that long. I think you are better furnished with pie shops though pal :D :thumbsup:

Yesterday's walk. This thing needs an oil and a sharpen and some general TLC.
HtVaMnT.jpg

Fantastic photo David :) :thumbsup:

8 inches of rain in one day:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::eek:

:eek: That's a LOT of rain Bill! :eek:

Jack, I'm not as gentle with the tree rats. If they ever get into your home it's a veritable disaster. I keep the local population...uhh...pruned.:D Oooops, I'll probably get into hot water with some of the animal lovers but if they have ever experienced the damage that I have ...

Fair enough Bill, if they were threatening to get into my home they'd be getting the same as the pigeons! ::D :thumbsup:

Happy Saturday Guardians and all. The cold front moved in and temperatures are in the 70's:D Decided to trim up the bushes shrubs and what-have-you around our yard. When I'm out there playing in the dirt I always have my HHB with me.
View attachment 1421775

Lovely pic Bill :) Hope you're having a good day :thumbsup:

Good day Guardians

RmvPiZ8.jpg

aRrVvur.jpg

♻️ pics

Fantastic Dan! :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a nice day. It's been a good one here in Yorkshire, nice and sunny, and with warmer temperatures than predicted. I had a decent walk, got some slingshot practice in, and had an enjoyable (if rather pricey) lunch :) I didn't take many pics this week, but here's a few :thumbsup:

tuuGABp.jpg

u8LjCN9.jpg

AHuJGA1.jpg

uFXPaCh.jpg

gGbELLA.jpg

v8xP8O5.jpg

CVMxXfq.jpg

2BF9aQq.jpg

WBOvDqJ.jpg

You're a TERRIBLE vegan Jer! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Dennis, great to see you here my friend :) I had a few beers with my Dandy Duo last night! :D ;) :thumbsup:

hNKivo7.jpg

Not many folks eat squirrel here, but I've had it as a kid - I had a slingshot then too! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot buddy, I hope those tests come back AOK :thumbsup:

My mouth is watering mate! :) And I'm still stuffed from a 4-course lunch! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Yeah, I can't believe it's been that long. I think you are better furnished with pie shops though pal :D :thumbsup:

Fantastic photo David :) :thumbsup:

:eek: That's a LOT of rain Bill! :eek:

Fair enough Bill, if they were threatening to get into my home they'd be getting the same as the pigeons! ::D :thumbsup:

Lovely pic Bill :) Hope you're having a good day :thumbsup:

Fantastic Dan! :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a nice day. It's been a good one here in Yorkshire, nice and sunny, and with warmer temperatures than predicted. I had a decent walk, got some slingshot practice in, and had an enjoyable (if rather pricey) lunch :) I didn't take many pics this week, but here's a few :thumbsup:

tuuGABp.jpg

u8LjCN9.jpg

AHuJGA1.jpg

uFXPaCh.jpg

gGbELLA.jpg

v8xP8O5.jpg

CVMxXfq.jpg

2BF9aQq.jpg

WBOvDqJ.jpg
Your lunch and lamb foot knives are mighty dandy Jack and might be considered pricey too:D The olives look very tasty too my friend.:thumbsup: Love your photos:thumbsup:

Your lunch and lamb foot knives are mighty dandy Jack and might be considered pricey too:D The olives look very tasty too my friend.:thumbsup: Love your photos:thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, lunch was tasty, but it cost me more than a Hartshead Barlow! :eek: :D In monetary terms anyway, I'm not including the blood, sweat, and tears! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Back