Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good morning all. Headed up to the mail boxes later with the Rosewood "Big-un" with a compass to find my way and my SOS lighter in case I need to call for help.:eek: Actually, I won't be able to call anyone for help as there is no cell phone signal where I live.:rolleyes:

C05Syzg.jpg
It's hard to tell from photos, what sort of wood is that, looking good.:thumbsup::cool:.

That's funny Dan! :D I believe that during WW1, the British artillery guns would stop at 4.00pm, so they could have tea. I've also read numerous accounts from US troops in various theatres during WW2, who were surprised that even while being shelled, or otherwise engaged, the British 'Tommy' would take every opportunity to make a brew! :D Mind you, I'm reminded of the Ewan McGregor character in the film Black Hawk Down, who, amid Hellish conditions, is brewing a good cup of Joe :) :thumbsup:

When I was a paratrooper in the Argentine Army they made us live on "mate cocido" , boiled yerba mate basically. The traditional way of drinking it with the gourd and bombilla ( straw ) was only for the officers, obviously too impractical to give to hundreds of soldiers.
In the early am we would march by a huge pot of it and fill our mugs without stopping, then pick a piece of baguette and that was breakfast, eaten standing in the frosty morning right before sunrise. Lunch around noon and then mid afternoon during basic training a truck would drive up to us with more mate cocido, bread and a slice of cheese and dulce de membrillo ( quince paste ? ).

GI4VsAr.jpg

When I was a paratrooper in the Argentine Army they made us live on "mate cocido" , boiled yerba mate basically. The traditional way of drinking it with the gourd and bombilla ( straw ) was only for the officers, obviously too impractical to give to hundreds of soldiers.
In the early am we would march by a huge pot of it and fill our mugs without stopping, then pick a piece of baguette and that was breakfast, eaten standing in the frosty morning right before sunrise. Lunch around noon and then mid afternoon during basic training a truck would drive up to us with more mate cocido, bread and a slice of cheese and dulce de membrillo ( quince paste ? ).

GI4VsAr.jpg
Very interesting, and you do cut a fine figure there young man.;)

Big 'Un's looking good Jer :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Great pics yaself, especially the foody ones. :D:thumbsup:

That's a pretty potent ice cream for sure. :thumbsup:

Thanks mate :D :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Nice vista David :) :thumbsup:

Good Question.. got this TEW a while ago.. can't really tell what it is?View attachment 1422939

Taylor's say Rosewood. Lots of different types of course, certainly much lighter than most of Wright's Rosewood, which is sourced in Indonesia currently :thumbsup:

Bobby Dazzlers! :D :thumbsup:

Ace photo Dwight :cool: :) :thumbsup:

GI4VsAr.jpg

TY Leon lol :D
I lost 20 pounds in just the first month of basic training :eek: and more after that.
That picture was taken just minutes after my first jump ( 3 months into training )
Soldiers nutritional needs was not very high up in the Army's priorities lol

No wonder you lost weight Dan! :eek: Cool pic though :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I ended up spending half of yesterday typing up a load of stuff about stainless steel for the Sheffield thread! :rolleyes: :D Have a good week folks, stay safe out there :thumbsup:

Tqkb12u.jpg

There's brakes??
Now you tell me! :D
I think someone greased mine up!:eek::D
Yesterday's walk. This thing needs an oil and a sharpen and some general TLC.
HtVaMnT.jpg
Nice photo, David!:cool::thumbsup: Looks sort of like Western Oklahoma.
Your horn is nicely aglow, José!:thumbsup:
When I'm out there playing in the dirt I always have my HHB with me.
img_2353-jpg.1421775
Good outdoor companion, Bill! Nice stag covers on your HHB!:cool::thumbsup:
Good morning. A rhetorical question but anyone got any idea of the price of tires these days?:eek:

PGbzlDW.jpg

"Big-un" on a tire label. Good thing I had the knife. Couldn't have afforded it if I'd bought the tires first.:rolleyes:
They are outrageous! When it's time to change mine on the Tundra, I will have to sell a kidney a month till I've got all four! Well, half a kidney anyway!:eek::D
At least you had your all terrain Big-un Lambsfoot!:thumbsup:
Good day Guardians

RmvPiZ8.jpg
More great outdoors, looks nice, Dan!
Thanks Dennis, great to see you here my friend :) I had a few beers with my Dandy Duo last night! :D ;) :thumbsup:

hNKivo7.jpg
Well you got a couple of great drinking buddy's, Jack!;):thumbsup:
I didn't take many pics this week, but here's a few :thumbsup:

tuuGABp.jpg

u8LjCN9.jpg
Beautiful area! Great shot of your HHB in the wilds, Jack!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Lamb on wheels!:eek::D Cool shot, José!
Not often I get to have ice-cream twice in one day ;) :thumbsup:

LWAOmyi.jpg
Now that's a great looking dessert!!:cool:
I took the Big Camera out for an Edward Weston homage. As usual, my HHB was on hand.
9MWG3ob.jpg
Nice harvest! Pablo's? :cool::thumbsup:
For the Lambsfoot and hole saw theme Jack Black Jack Black ;):D
50353707143_030e14ca1c_h.jpg
Tools of the trade!:):thumbsup: The horn looks great, Kevin!:cool:
My HHB was quick to make friends with some of the soldiers :) at the encampment.

82AiJ8f.jpg
Neat. Reminds me of a battlefield deception setup!:cool::thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Thought I'd go fancy today ;) Enjoy your Sunday Guardians :thumbsup:

tCvVhXk.jpg

FdArFSA.jpg
What a handsome DamLamb Jack! Fine photos!:cool::thumbsup:
Cool photo! Is that a grinding wheel?:):thumbsup:
I hope every is having (or has had) a nice Sunday.:thumbsup:
ndzPpQB.jpg
Quite a tranquil view, David!:):thumbsup:
Actually, I won't be able to call anyone for help as there is no cell phone signal where I live.:rolleyes:

C05Syzg.jpg
Nice, Ed! Living in an area with little or no cellular connection is a blessing and a curse. At least you don't have the spam/Medicare plan calls constantly!:mad: Nice pocket full!:thumbsup:
A great looking pair, Andy!! Treasured WCLF's for sure!:cool::thumbsup:
Great shot, Dwight!:):thumbsup:

GI4VsAr.jpg
TY Leon lol :D
I lost 20 pounds in just the first month of basic training :eek: and more after that.
That picture was taken just minutes after my first jump ( 3 months into training )
Soldiers nutritional needs was not very high up in the Army's priorities lol
Lean and mean!:cool::thumbsup:
I gained 10 lbs during basic. I guess the Argentine Army never heard the phrase that an Army travels on it's stomach? Gotta have good grub, especially in the field!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
How long were you in for?

Happy :)confused:) Monday, Guardians!
Today's carry...
ABByQyE.jpg

Good morning Guardians! We’ve had a great weekend. We had a nice visit on Sunday with @Old Engineer Harry and Nancy. We met up at their daughter and son-in-laws house in upper Eastern Tennessee. It was great to visit again. It’s been over a year ago at the 2019 Rendezvous since we got to spend time with Harry and Nancy and we’ve really missed them. I’ve had my Waynorth Cutlery Jigged Bone along for the weekend and it’s in the pocket again this morning. I hope y’all have a great week. Thoughts go out to those still in the paths of the fires and now Beta off the Texas coast. I hope Vince Prester John Prester John and his family is safe. I believe he may live in the path of Beta!

50348830862_1db3eabc45_c_d.jpg

I think someone greased mine up!:eek::D

Nice photo, David!:cool::thumbsup: Looks sort of like Western Oklahoma.

Your horn is nicely aglow, José!:thumbsup:

Good outdoor companion, Bill! Nice stag covers on your HHB!:cool::thumbsup:

They are outrageous! When it's time to change mine on the Tundra, I will have to sell a kidney a month till I've got all four! Well, half a kidney anyway!:eek::D
At least you had your all terrain Big-un Lambsfoot!:thumbsup:

More great outdoors, looks nice, Dan!

Well you got a couple of great drinking buddy's, Jack!;):thumbsup:

Beautiful area! Great shot of your HHB in the wilds, Jack!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lamb on wheels!:eek::D Cool shot, José!

Now that's a great looking dessert!!:cool:

Nice harvest! Pablo's? :cool::thumbsup:

Tools of the trade!:):thumbsup: The horn looks great, Kevin!:cool:

Neat. Reminds me of a battlefield deception setup!:cool::thumbsup:

What a handsome DamLamb Jack! Fine photos!:cool::thumbsup:

Cool photo! Is that a grinding wheel?:):thumbsup:

Quite a tranquil view, David!:):thumbsup:

Nice, Ed! Living in an area with little or no cellular connection is a blessing and a curse. At least you don't have the spam/Medicare plan calls constantly!:mad: Nice pocket full!:thumbsup:

A great looking pair, Andy!! Treasured WCLF's for sure!:cool::thumbsup:

Great shot, Dwight!:):thumbsup:

Lean and mean!:cool::thumbsup:
I gained 10 lbs during basic. I guess the Argentine Army never heard the phrase that an Army travels on it's stomach? Gotta have good grub, especially in the field!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
How long were you in for?

Happy :)confused:) Monday, Guardians!
Today's carry...
ABByQyE.jpg
Thanks Dennis for the kind words

Big 'Un's looking good Jer :thumbsup:

Thanks mate :D :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Nice vista David :) :thumbsup:

Taylor's say Rosewood. Lots of different types of course, certainly much lighter than most of Wright's Rosewood, which is sourced in Indonesia currently :thumbsup:

Bobby Dazzlers! :D :thumbsup:

Ace photo Dwight :cool: :) :thumbsup:

No wonder you lost weight Dan! :eek: Cool pic though :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I ended up spending half of yesterday typing up a load of stuff about stainless steel for the Sheffield thread! :rolleyes: :D Have a good week folks, stay safe out there :thumbsup:

Tqkb12u.jpg
Jack, your HHB looking good. Looks like fall weather.:)

Back