Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Received my first lambsfoot last week and today the weather was surprisingly nice compared to the last few days which where full of rain and cold weather. So I decided to go on a morning hike and took my new lambsfoot with me, beautifull knife bit man is she a nailbreaker!

xqnIchL.jpg

Good Morning Guardians and anyone else looking in. I'm sticking close to home today except to go up to the mail box for a mail run this afternoon; however, should I have to leave for any reason, I'll be prepared as I've pocketed this Standard Lambfoot recovered with Snakewood by Jason @Signalprick for today.

Qza9Yz4.jpg

It is a very interesting topic. When i was growing up people used a lot of "Rhyming Slang" which was from our Celtic/English roots, we just adapted different wording to the English version, more to our vernacular and way of speaking and way of life. You never hear it now, not long ago i was with a good mate of mine and someone who we do not particularly like came into the room and tried to take over the conversation, he is a lot younger then myself and my mate. We spent about 2 minutes talking about him in derogatory terms{slagging him off} in rhyming slang, and not only did he have no idea what we were saying, he was laughing his head of with us, idiot.:thumbsup: The modern generation are just so woke that they are far removed from how we used to do things and spoke, using rhyming slang was part of how we lived. And we are definitely losing our spunk, people are just so soft and complain about the smallest issues now, that is the way of the modern world, they would not have survived under my sisters mantra, " Just Get On With It ".:eek:

I love language, and the way it's used :) The youngsters here have their own cant, but it doesn't include much rhyming slang, or other words often hundreds of years old. Funnily enough, I recall being in a couple of similar situations to that! :D Scotland (Glasgow and Edinburgh) seems to still produce new forms of rhyming slang, and of course as words are pronounced differently to further south, it is very distinct, and generally witty :) :thumbsup:

Octoberfest beer run!!!
BG9D9Yq.jpg

rino2Wf.jpg

Great haul Taylor, and a nice pic of your Lambsfoot too :) :thumbsup:

Nice pics! I’ve been starring at that figure in your patina. I think I see a ram’s head with a set of big horns. :D

Woah I see it too!!!

:eek: :D :thumbsup:

My lambsfoot interrupted a snake’s lunch who had it’s face stuffed with ...
salad ?

Look closely and you’ll see see parts of the now doomed main course .

8nmHX84.jpg

wr4Z5AF.jpg

Wow! Stunning pics Dan :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack! Lots of rain at the moment... Which isn't a bad thing.

One of Jack's SFOs in Ebony for me today.

Slv85Xl.jpg

Yeah, I guess it damps things down some Dylan :) Looks like you have the makings off a fine evening there my friend :thumbsup:

Received my first lambsfoot last week and today the weather was surprisingly nice compared to the last few days which where full of rain and cold weather. So I decided to go on a morning hike and took my new lambsfoot with me, beautifull knife bit man is she a nailbreaker!

xqnIchL.jpg

Congratulations Steve, and welcome to the Guardians! :) Hope you had a good hike, lovely pic :cool: The pull will ease with some use, but if you're struggling a bit, check out the index for advice on breaking it in. At the very least, be sure to get some oil in the joint, and blow out the crud Wright's leave in there with some compressed air :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and happy Saturday. Kind of overcast here in coastal NC so I took this rather ordinary indoor photo of my HHB:D

View attachment 1426121

Looks good to me Bill :) :thumbsup:

I carry a lambsfoot to fight off any bears in my way ....

6hcopCb.jpg

How ’bout you ?

:eek: Cool pic Dan :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great day :) After an 11 mile hike, and a couple of very large, and very tasty burgers, washed down with a couple of equally tasty pints, I was ready for a nap! :D I'll post a few pics tomorrow :) :thumbsup:

eDr5woo.jpg

Good afternoon Guardians! Hopefully y’all have had a good day! I am running a little late posting this afternoon, but now I’ve settled in for the evening. I’ve had this wee Sambar beauty in my pocket today. :) :thumbsup:

41992444392_9568a4262b_b_d.jpg
That is nice stag.:thumbsup:. Is that an A.Wright?

Thanks,if i knew i was going to get one that good, i would not hesitate. The one's on websites look nothing like that.:)
I got this one and it’s mate from Jack over three years ago. He picked them up from the factory. This one is Sambar and the ones you’re likely to get now will probably be Pere David. There’s really no comparison. The PD is okay, but it lacks the beautiful character of the Sambar Stag. :)

Hope everyone has a good week, especially those in the " Mother Land " going into different stages of lockdown. We are having some rules relaxed as of tomorrow, not much though at this stage, our beloved Premier:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: is making a statement later on today, see, i am keeping politics out of the thread, just stating fact.o_O. Posting a piece of wood that i found on a building site, it is just a piece of pine, looked like nothing when i picked it up, but have treated it coat after coat of orange oil and coat after coat of a furniture polish that i get from a local furniture maker. It came up a treat, looks like it is a vintage piece of wood now, i use it for putting pots/pans and my kettle on when i take them off the stove. It has a gnarly knot in it that looks quit "sexy" with my @waynorth lamb, the color of the bone and the knot blend together really well. Take care everyone and stay safe.;)

nFyjIQi.jpg

I got this one and it’s mate from Jack over three years ago. He picked them up from the factory. This one is Sambar and the ones you’re likely to get now will probably be Pere David. There’s really no comparison. The PD is okay, but it lacks the beautiful character of the Sambar Stag. :)
Thanks, there is my answer.:thumbsup:

My flock of lambs has now doubled. My friend Modoc Ed, knowing my admiration for his old Harrison Bros. knife sent it down my way. I am now the proud owner of a vintage English lambsfoot. :D

That Harrison Bros. is one of my three favorite knives in this thread Ed.

He also sent me a dual bladed Wright's, a first for me in this pattern. I prefer single blade knives, but the bellied pen blade gives the straight edged lambsfoot a lot more versatility.

50387879597_acb0a05d4e_b.jpg

What a fine piece of craftsmanship the Harrison is. It doesn't have the polish of a modern GEC, but its construction evinces the skill and care of an expert cutler.

I think I have a new favorite worry stone. The time burnished stag and hammered pins are sure to provide my fingers with hours of enjoyable fiddling.

Last edited:
My flock of lambs has now doubled. My friend Modoc Ed, knowing my admiration for his old Harrison Bros. knife sent it down my way. I am now the proud owner of a vintage English lambsfoot. :D

He also sent me a dual bladed Wright's, a first for me in this pattern. I prefer single blade knives, but the bellied pen blade gives the straight edged lambsfoot a lot more versatility.

50387879597_acb0a05d4e_b.jpg

What a fine piece of craftsmanship the Harrison is. It doesn't have the polish of a modern GEC, but its construction evinces the skill and care of an expert cutler.

I think I have a new favorite worry stone. The time burnished stag and hammered pins are sure to provide my fingers with hours of enjoyable fiddling.

Glad to see they arrived safely Christian kamagong kamagong . The Harrison is a fine example of Sheffield knives of old and I think you'll find the two-blade Lambfoot a good worker. Enjoy.:)

Back