Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I do remember that one now Jack! The colors looked different in your photo above. With things the way they are now, it’s probably just as well that you kept that one Jack! ;) I’m pretty sure that someone would like it now! :D

It was a bit of a sleeper that one Ron, a real pocket clinger ;) I think it was only when we got the ACs that it went into semi-retirement ;) Those were heady days weren't they, when quality Lambsfoot knives came thick and fast?! :D :thumbsup:

Cool mushroom Jack, what’s its name.
I never seen one “ in person” lol .... only in the Mario Nintendo game :D
Toadstool :thumbsup:

Amanita Muscaria or Fly Agaric Dan :thumbsup:

It was a bit of a sleeper that one Ron, a real pocket clinger ;) I think it was only when we got the ACs that it went into semi-retirement ;) Those were heady days weren't they, when quality Lambsfoot knives came thick and fast?! :D :thumbsup:
Yes indeed my friend! Thick and fast! ;)

I posted a picture of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in another thread recently, and Jack asked if there were any illustrations of a Barlow knife. I couldn't find any, but I found one in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
n7pv2VK.jpg

3RkKgXW.jpg

Looks kind of like a pruning blade, but the picture is small.

I posted a picture of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn in another thread recently, and Jack asked if there were any illustrations of a Barlow knife. I couldn't find any, but I found one in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
n7pv2VK.jpg

3RkKgXW.jpg

Great post.:thumbsup: You have a good week.:);)

n7pv2VK.jpg

3RkKgXW.jpg

Thanks Vince, great pics buddy :) Are you enjoying re-reading the books? I re-read them 2 or 3 years ago, and particularly enjoyed Huckleberry Finn, which was the first book I ever read as a child :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians! :) I hope everyone had a great weekend. I really enjoyed my hike on Saturday, and enjoyed doing some things in the house yesterday. Stricter lockdown conditions have been brought in here in Leeds, and more may follow, so we'll see what the week brings :rolleyes: Have a good one Guardians. Take care, and stay safe :thumbsup:

zili5ud.jpg

n7pv2VK.jpg

3RkKgXW.jpg

Great image and caption, thanks for posting it.

Good morning Guardians! Since Monday ends in a “Y” I thought it okay to carry some stag today. ;) I’ve got my standard size Père David's example. Hopefully we’ll all have a great week! :) :thumbsup:

50392701783_f32763725b_c_d.jpg

Looking good Ron :) :thumbsup:

What a coincidence: that’s the same rule I use to know when to carry a lambsfoot! :D

Have a great week, Ron, and everyone else, too!

You too Greg :) :thumbsup:

Just having a few ginger biscuits with my afternoon cuppa ;) :thumbsup:

jgohPkP.jpg

What a coincidence: that’s the same rule I use to know when to carry a lambsfoot! :D

Have a great week, Ron, and everyone else, too!
It’s a good rule Greg! Thanks and I hope you have a good one too! :) :thumbsup:

jgohPkP.jpg
Thanks a lot Jack! I love those ginger snaps! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Vince, great pics buddy :) Are you enjoying re-reading the books? I re-read them 2 or 3 years ago, and particularly enjoyed Huckleberry Finn, which was the first book I ever read as a child :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians! :) I hope everyone had a great weekend. I really enjoyed my hike on Saturday, and enjoyed doing some things in the house yesterday. Stricter lockdown conditions have been brought in here in Leeds, and more may follow, so we'll see what the week brings :rolleyes: Have a good one Guardians. Take care, and stay safe :thumbsup:

zili5ud.jpg

You too Greg :) :thumbsup:

jgohPkP.jpg
Glad you had a nice weekend Jack. The ginger snaps look delicious - I like them too. I also like Samuel Clemens.
image.jpeg
Huckleberry Finn was one of my favorite childhood books.

Good morning too the Guardians and all. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Fall weather here in the Coastal Carolinas is very nice making out doors are very inviting experience. No humidity and few insects (here in NC everything seems to bite or sting).
IMG_2651.JPG

Thanks a lot Jack! I love those ginger snaps! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron :) :thumbsup:

Glad you had a nice weekend Jack. The ginger snaps look delicious - I like them too. I also like Samuel Clemens.
View attachment 1427558
Huckleberry Finn was one of my favorite childhood books.

Good morning too the Guardians and all. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Fall weather here in the Coastal Carolinas is very nice making out doors are very inviting experience. No humidity and few insects (here in NC everything seems to bite or sting).
View attachment 1427559

Thank you Bill, great pics :) Hope you're having a good day :thumbsup:

Have a fantastic week Guardians.
50391276563_b0645f8182_h.jpg

Looks like you've got some sunshine in your pocket Kevin :) :thumbsup:

I reread both books within the last year, and did enjoy them. I prefer Tom Sawyer myself, although I think Huck Finn is considered his masterpiece. I am currently reading A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court for the first time.
Great image and caption, thanks for posting it.
Thanks, and you're welcome!

I reread both books within the last year, and did enjoy them. I prefer Tom Sawyer myself, although I think Huck Finn is considered his masterpiece. I am currently reading A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court for the first time.

Thanks, and you're welcome!

I preferred Huck Finn Vince, but I found it strange that I enjoyed it as a young child, though I could remember it quite clearly. I've never read A Connecticut Yankee, but absolutely loved the Danny Kaye film as a kid! :D :thumbsup:

Back