Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

:eek: They have now put us under a Tropical Storm Warning. :rolleyes: Sustained wind at 35-45mph with 60mph gusts possible. :thumbsdown: The worst will be in the early AM tomorrow. Hopefully it’ll be moved through by 10am. No problems staying warm Jack. The temps are in the lower 70’s F. :eek:

Yikes! :eek: Stay safe Ron :thumbsup:

Raining again here, and heavier rain forecast for tomorrow (and the rest of the week) :( I'll be off down to the market to see my pals. Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

5jK5tjC.jpg

Bedtime reading to my boys is about to commence. This is our second trip through this series as we refresh our memories for the most recent and serially releasing 4th book!

View attachment 1445498
How old are the boys? I used to love reading to my children (six sons, one daughter). I especially loved reading the Oz books to them. L. Frank Baum wrote many sequels to the Wizard of Oz. And when they were younger, the Robert McCloskey books. And Beatrix Potter, of course. And Alice in Wonderland. And T.S. Eliot's cat poems. Many more. Bedtime reading is fun.

How old are the boys? I used to love reading to my children (six sons, one daughter). I especially loved reading the Oz books to them. L. Frank Baum wrote many sequels to the Wizard of Oz. And when they were younger, the Robert McCloskey books. And Beatrix Potter, of course. And Alice in Wonderland. And T.S. Eliot's cat poems. Many more. Bedtime reading is fun.
13, 12, 9, and 6 (7 on the 30th). They all love it and it is great. We started with little books when the oldest were young—Arnold Loebel, Bill Peet, C.S. Lewis, as well as some simple series like The Magic Tree House. We have also enjoyed the Redwall series, the Chronicles of Prydain series, all of the N. D. Wilson books, and my favorite—Tolkien. A surprise was Andrew Peterson’s Wingfeather Saga, which was really good.

My wife reads to my daughter (4) while I’m reading to the boys and my youngest son usually goes with her and then comes in with us. I’m looking forward to when my daughter is old enough to join in the bigger books, as she LOVES to be read to. She loves Beatrix Potter and pretty much any animal book.

13, 12, 9, and 6 (7 on the 30th). They all love it and it is great. We started with little books when the oldest were young—Arnold Loebel, Bill Peet, C.S. Lewis, as well as some simple series like The Magic Tree House. We have also enjoyed the Redwall series, the Chronicles of Prydain series, all of the N. D. Wilson books, and my favorite—Tolkien. A surprise was Andrew Peterson’s Wingfeather Saga, which was really good.

My wife reads to my daughter (4) while I’m reading to the boys and my youngest son usually goes with her and then comes in with us. I’m looking forward to when my daughter is old enough to join in the bigger books, as she LOVES to be read to. She loves Beatrix Potter and pretty much any animal book.
Good ages. My wife read to them also. One of my granddaughers is turning two Friday. Maybe I can read to her and her sister soon. Hey, we're both celebrating birthdays on the 30th!

Lambsfoot content:
Aw9fTtr.jpg

qBUn5Eh.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, you've really captured your AC well in that pic Joshua :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, you're very kind :) Sorry to hear about the eye surgery, and I hope it goes well. I'm glad to hear that the comments from the surgeon are positive my friend. Keep your Hartshead Barlow close :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jack, thanks for your kind words my friend. I am ...uncomfortable but the drugs they gave me really helps. Going to be home bound for two weeks. I will be keeping my HHB close to me as you have suggested. My good luck charm.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's the same knife Will :) I'll post some more pics below, some of which Charlie managed to obtain (originally posted in one of the other threads). The OT is the mark of the makers, I forget who they were, an obscure firm long-gone, there are Mallory links in the thread index :thumbsup:

View attachment 927981

View attachment 927982 View attachment 927983

View attachment 927984

Well, you can read the maker's name on that last pic :) W.E.Oates :thumbsup: Weird how eaten-away the bolsters appear to be :confused:
Would the handles be made of stag antler?

Bedtime reading to my boys is about to commence. This is our second trip through this series as we refresh our memories for the most recent and serially releasing 4th book!

View attachment 1445498

That's a nice thing to do with your children Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Lambsfoot content:
Aw9fTtr.jpg

qBUn5Eh.jpg

:cool: :) :thumbsup:

Jack, thanks for your kind words my friend. I am ...uncomfortable but the drugs they gave me really helps. Going to be home bound for two weeks. I will be keeping my HHB close to me as you have suggested. My good luck charm.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your discomfort Bill :( I hope that you are a bit more comfortable today than you were yesterday. Rest easy with your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :thumbsup: Rosie and I are enjoying our coffee while listening to the rain from Tropical Storm Zeta as it moves through the area! Y’all have a safe day! :) :thumbsup:

46015669214_a75a76f365_b_d.jpg

Glad you're staying dry with Rosie Ron :) :thumbsup:

Would the handles be made of stag antler?

That quote is more than two years old C Canfield ! :eek: :D But since you ask, the covers on that knife are jigged bone :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I was down in the market for 7.30am today, and it has rained all day, but it was good to get out of the house and have some social contact :) :thumbsup:

vbktzIu.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I was down in the market for 7.30am today, and it has rained all day, but it was good to get out of the house and have some social contact :) :thumbsup:

vbktzIu.jpg
Thanks Jack! The storms have moved on for the most part. Now the colder weather is coming our way. That’s a great photo of your Hartshead my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! The storms have moved on for the most part. Now the colder weather is coming our way. That’s a great photo of your Hartshead my friend! :) :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear that the storm has passed Ron, and hope the weather doesn't get too cold for you buddy :thumbsup: Thank you for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

With the cold and rain outside, I'm warming up with a hot pie! ;) :D :thumbsup:

T6kTkcN.jpg

STOP IT !!! :D:D:D:D:D:D How many you got???
:D

Wow !!! The detail in that truck is amazing :thumbsup:
Matches very well with the black lamb for an awesome pic
Thanks Dan.:)

Fantastic photo Dwight, very nicely composed my friend
Thanks Jack.:)

Dwight, you have been posting some awesome toy vehicles with your lambs lately. That big rig is really cool, as is your ebony Waynorth Lamb.
Thanks Kevin. I believe you got me started with your VW shots. I always like your creative composition.

That quote is more than two years old C Canfield ! :eek: :D But since you ask, the covers on that knife are jigged bone
Jack I miss the early days when I would get so caught up in the archives like that. It's so awesome to have a few hundred pages to peruse that you have never seen. :):):)

Have a great day y'all.IMG_5409.jpeg

Sorry to hear about your discomfort Bill :( I hope that you are a bit more comfortable today than you were yesterday. Rest easy with your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

That quote is more than two years old C Canfield ! :eek: :D But since you ask, the covers on that knife are jigged bone :thumbsup:

vbktzIu.jpg

vbktzIu.jpg
Thanks Jack Black. We are talking about Mallory's knife?

Getting ready for a COVID-19 audit today.
View attachment 1445774

Good luck Chuck :thumbsup: Leeds just got moved to a higher restriction level, starting on Monday. I'm not actually sure what difference it will make to daily life :thumbsup:

Jack I miss the early days when I would get so caught up in the archives like that. It's so awesome to have a few hundred pages to peruse that you have never seen. :):):)

Have a great day y'all.View attachment 1445782

Me too Dwight, some great discussion in the index :thumbsup: That's a really cool pic my friend, it shows your Damscus Lambsfoot off to perfection, and reminds me of my days as an appentice 40-odd years ago, when I worked on a lot of machinery (we call it 'plant' here) like that :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack Black. We are talking about Mallory's knife?

You're welcome. You're a new poster here C Canfield , why don't you introduce yourself? :thumbsup:

Good evening Guardians. Finally finished up on my eye surgeries. Go back to the surgeon to have stitches removed, etc. Thank God it's pretty much over:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. A couple of posts ago I asked if anyone knew what this plant (below) was. I figured it out...a Confederate Rose:D. Not a rose at all but a member of the Hibiscus family.:)
Here's the photo again:
IMG_1725.JPG

Back