Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good evening Guardians. Finally finished up on my eye surgeries. Go back to the surgeon to have stitches removed, etc. Thank God it's pretty much over:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. A couple of posts ago I asked if anyone knew what this plant (below) was. I figured it out...a Confederate Rose:D. Not a rose at all but a member of the Hibiscus family.:)
Here's the photo again:
View attachment 1445908
Rose of Sharon is also in the Hibiscus family, so I was slightly less wrong. ;):D

Good evening Guardians. Finally finished up on my eye surgeries. Go back to the surgeon to have stitches removed, etc. Thank God it's pretty much over:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. A couple of posts ago I asked if anyone knew what this plant (below) was. I figured it out...a Confederate Rose:D. Not a rose at all but a member of the Hibiscus family.:)
Here's the photo again:
View attachment 1445908
Glad the surgery went well, hope your recovery is quick and painless.:thumbsup:

Hope everyone has had a good week and has a good upcoming weekend. For those going into lockdowns i feel for you. I am posting some photos of my SFO lambsfoot which i received through the generosity and good will of 2 members about 15 months ago now. It has had some use and like a really good pair of leather shoes it has worked and worn it's self into a really comfortable knife to use and carry. You should be able to see the wear and smoothing of the scales so it just feels really nice in the hand, and have only stropped it in 15 months and it has not even got close to have to be taken to a stone. That is the sign of a really good knife. Look after yourselves everyone.:).

6b2gWtD.jpg

ZIUNrYG.jpg

l39A38O.jpg

Here's the photo again:
View attachment 1445908

That surgery doesn't sound like a lot of fun Bill, I'm glad it's over now :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Apple pie at a guess.:)

It was mince and onion mate. Now you got me thinking of apple pie! :D :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has had a good week and has a good upcoming weekend. For those going into lockdowns i feel for you. I am posting some photos of my SFO lambsfoot which i received through the generosity and good will of 2 members about 15 months ago now. It has had some use and like a really good pair of leather shoes it has worked and worn it's self into a really comfortable knife to use and carry. You should be able to see the wear and smoothing of the scales so it just feels really nice in the hand, and have only stropped it in 15 months and it has not even got close to have to be taken to a stone. That is the sign of a really good knife. Look after yourselves everyone.:).

6b2gWtD.jpg

ZIUNrYG.jpg

l39A38O.jpg

I have enjoyed reading some of the coverage of folks coming out of lockdown there Leon :) Good job :thumbsup: Great to see more photos of that special knife :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone has had a good week :) It has barely stopped raining here, and heavy rain due tomorrow will almost certainly spoil my hiking plans. It's also unlikely I'll be able to have some beers round the fire-pit with my mate before stricter lockdown measures come into force here at 12.01am on Monday :( I have a few things to do today, but if I get a chance I'm going to spend some time working on the two slingshot forks I cut recently. Have a good Friday Guardians :thumbsup:

X4uxPTY.jpg

Good luck Chuck :thumbsup: Leeds just got moved to a higher restriction level, starting on Monday. I'm not actually sure what difference it will make to daily life :thumbsup:

Me too Dwight, some great discussion in the index :thumbsup: That's a really cool pic my friend, it shows your Damscus Lambsfoot off to perfection, and reminds me of my days as an appentice 40-odd years ago, when I worked on a lot of machinery (we call it 'plant' here) like that :) :thumbsup:

You're welcome. You're a new poster here C Canfield , why don't you introduce yourself? :thumbsup:
I am a relative newcomer the lambsfoot having been lucky enough to have a close look at George Mallory's knife. I like the history and tradition of the knives and am now thinking of getting one myself. I live in Kent and work in London as a librarian but my heart resides in the mountains of North Wales.

I am a relative newcomer the lambsfoot having been lucky enough to have a close look at George Mallory's knife. I like the history and tradition of the knives and am now thinking of getting one myself. I live in Kent and work in London as a librarian but my heart resides in the mountains of North Wales.
Now all you have to do is get yourself a lambsfoot.;):)

Thank you saying 'Hello' :) That's very interesting, when did you get to have a look at Mallory's knife, can you tell us anymore about it? I visited Kent many times when I was younger, decades ago, but have not been for a while, except for passing through. I hope you're getting better weather than we are in Yorkshire this week :rolleyes: Hopefully you can find yourself a decent Lambsfoot, maybe even an older one with some history (the modern Sheffield jigged bone models lack character). If you've not yet discovered it, the early part of this thread is indexed to make it easier to find posts, with the posts on Mallory's knife here :thumbsup:

Here's a nice old jigged bone Lambsfoot I was gifted by a fellow Guardian :) :thumbsup:

4pS2Ouz.jpg

Lovely pic David :) :thumbsup:

"[That] land you knew will still be singing, when you [go] home again to Wales."
vxklIjv.jpg

(The slate beer-mats are from Pennsylvania, and Capel Cerrig is in the village of Remsen in New York.)

Good morning Guardians! It’s Friday and it’s not raining! :thumbsup: I believe I’ll celebrate by carrying some Ebony! ;) Y’all have a safe weekend! :)

50344894686_c7112c241c_c_d.jpg

Yay! A rain-free day would be something to celebrate here too at the moment Ron! :D ;) Have a great day with Big Eb my friend :) :thumbsup:

Back