Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Oh yeah :thumbsup::)
Very nice pumpkin sourdough loaves Dave :thumbsup: !
I enjoyed sharing our sourdough ideas and wondered a few times today how they had turned out.
Thanks for the kind words and for pointing me in the right direction so I could fall straight into the sourdough rabbit hole lol :)
Thanks again Dan! That was fun, but I'm ready to get out of the kitchen for a while, and into the woods. We are going to have some very mild weather for the next few days, and I plan to take advantage of it.

Beautiful photos of the fall season and also nice shots of your HHB. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that cherry wood that you harvested for your next sling shot? Just curious.o_O Looks like you had a very nice stroll.:D

Thanks a lot Bill :) I can understand why you'd think it was cherry, but there's no cherry in those woods. I took it from a fallen tree, and should have taken more notice of what it was, though without foliage, it wasn't obvious. It's pretty hard, like oak, and those woods are full of oak, but from what I can remember, the fallen tree wasn't typical of oak. It was very enjoyable to get out in the woods Bill, and a good use of a dry day :D Hope you're doing OK there buddy :) :thumbsup:

I should have paid more attention at the time, and I can't find the story again.

Thanks. I think I need to cut it a little shorter.
I also need to get a hay bale to throw these things at.

When I was looking for those squirrel-sticks, I came across a couple of stories from Wales, where there is debate about reintroducing the tail-bounty. How did you first come across those squirrel-hammers Jer?

Big thanks to @CelloDan for trail-blazing the Pumpkin Sourdough path! My version is more pedestrian than his, but turned out very tasty—and I used up one of the pumpkins!
1QfSfoi.jpg

Nice work Dave :) Great pic :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment Jack! Thanks for all those colorful photos too my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Ron :) :thumbsup:

Thanks again Dan! That was fun, but I'm ready to get out of the kitchen for a while, and into the woods. We are going to have some very mild weather for the next few days, and I plan to take advantage of it.

Enjoy your time in the woods Dave :) :thumbsup:

Your AC is looking good Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, our latest 'lockdown' came in at 5 past midnight, so no trip to the market for me today (though I could do a whole range of other things - 'fishing' is allowed, but 'angling' is forbidden apparently :confused:). As always, I have plenty to do though, and I'm going to start off with a haircut (running the clippers over), and a shave :rolleyes: Hope everyone is doing OK, and that you stay safe out there :thumbsup: I'm doubling-up ;) :thumbsup:

ldipfu0.jpg

v8YEN5h.jpg

When I was looking for those squirrel-sticks, I came across a couple of stories from Wales, where there is debate about reintroducing the tail-bounty. How did you first come across those squirrel-hammers Jer?
So hard for us dainty, prissy moderns to see that animals aren't Disney characters.
Speaking of dainty, this is the water bottle I need for working more than 2.5 hours outside. I'm glad I didn't throw these out.
bYiPoLo.jpg

With the squirrel hammers, I think I must have felt I was big enough to worry people who can't tell a Daisy from a Winchester, so I wanted something harmless-looking. We always had tulip sticks from that tree that would break in two every time there was a breeze, and I always had hornbeam fragments from the woodlot because I was always trying to make the perfect walking stick/ hiking staff/ quarterstaff. I probably knew about knobkerries already from my Stone's Glossary. I wouldn't have seen Zulu or The Naked Prey yet.
Dad finally lost patience with that tulip tree. What use is fast growth if it has to start over every time the wind blows?
Yeah, you can go to the supermarket, but the outdoor market is closed o_O
That isn't crazy at all!:rolleyes:

So hard for us dainty, prissy moderns to see that animals aren't Disney characters.
Speaking of dainty, this is the water bottle I need for working more than 2.5 hours outside. I'm glad I didn't throw these out.
bYiPoLo.jpg

With the squirrel hammers, I think I must have felt I was big enough to worry people who can't tell a Daisy from a Winchester, so I wanted something harmless-looking. We always had tulip sticks from that tree that would break in two every time there was a breeze, and I always had hornbeam fragments from the woodlot because I was always trying to make the perfect walking stick/ hiking staff/ quarterstaff. I probably knew about knobkerries already from my Stone's Glossary. I wouldn't have seen Zulu or The Naked Prey yet.
Dad finally lost patience with that tulip tree. What use is fast growth if it has to start over every time the wind blows?

That isn't crazy at all!:rolleyes:

That's a lot of water Jer. I probably don't drink enough, but then we rarely overheat here :rolleyes: Thanks for your reminiscences my friend :thumbsup:

Iu5oHyB.jpg

I'd forgotten how it works: there's a cross-bolt safety to prevent the auto-spout button from being depressed accidentally.
pTpIejn.jpg

It looks even bigger now Jer! You'll be growing gills! :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 1449462
Sunny morning today but I'll be pretty much cooped up :mad:. Hot compresses on my eye for the next week and then hopefully the stitches will come out.:thumbsup: In the mean time I'm struggling not to go nuts.:confused::eek::rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that Bill, it doesn't sound like much fun mate :( Nice shot of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

- 'fishing' is allowed, but 'angling' is forbidden apparently :confused:).

This reminds me of an argument with some bikers on the Main Street of Sturgis, many years ago. An acquaintance is having a disagreement with some bikers over a very, very minor alleged hit and run.

“Let’s just get the police over here”.
“No way. We’re callin’ the f****** cops.”

This reminds me of an argument with some bikers on the Main Street of Sturgis, many years ago. An acquaintance is having a disagreement with some bikers over a very, very minor alleged hit and run.

“Let’s just get the police over here”.
“No way. We’re callin’ the f****** cops.”

Good to see you here Henry :D How are you getting on with the Lambsfoot? :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! Big Rosie says hey! :eek: :D

50169579291_fdce91d093_o.jpg

Hey Big Rosie! :D :) :thumbsup:

I was going to do some whittling' with my Rosewood Big 'Un this afternoon, but I think I overdid it yesterday as my elbow is sore o_O :thumbsup:

P1z9J5N.jpg

Back