Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

My current flock. I've thinned it quite a bit over the last few months - from 20-knives down to 9-knives.

X3V5p7u.jpg

Thanks and you have a great day too my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :)

I'm going to have to abandon my latest slingshot project, as one of the forks has developed a substantial crack :(

h46TNTC.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good Friday. The weather hasn't been too bad today, after a foggy start. I got lured into town to pick up a prescription, after receiving a text on my phone, but it turned out only 20% of my prescription had been filled o_O It was quieter than usual on the roads, and in the city centre, because of the supposed lockdown, but not really all that different. Another misty day is forecast for tomorrow, but I'll be heading out for a hike with my Hartshead Barlow ;) Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend :) :thumbsup:

ozp0POY.jpg

Haha Jose very good.:thumbsup: I know it's not about that but apparently during the Cold War the Soviets had Spetsnaz sleeper cells in every Western European capital. If the Cold War had ever gone hot, we'd of all woken up to the news that all of Western Europe's leaders had a neat little hole between their eyes.
I don't know if course the Russians still do that of course, but I hope they do. :thumbsup:

That looks like a big job. :thumbsup:

Yeah, you can go to the supermarket, but the outdoor market is closed o_O

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november#businesses-and-venues

Your mate could of argued he is a hardware store. :thumbsup:

Who knows Ron! :D It's nearly 9.00pm here, and there have been fireworks going off more than once a second ever since about 5.30pm. I expect it'll be the same until the early hours, and it's really a quiet year here, much quieter than it was 20 years ago. I really don't know how folks afford the darn things though :rolleyes: There's a Sikh temple at the bottom of my street, and in 45 minutes, on one of the evenings of Diwali, the Sikh Festival of Light, later this month, they let off well over a £ Million in fireworks. I get a perfect view from my back garden, and it's pretty incredible. I don't know if they'll go ahead as normal this year, but I hope they do :) :thumbsup:

No Diwali round us Jack so it's all about Guy Fawkes round here. :D:thumbsup:

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder treason and plot.
We see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Guy Fawkes, guy, t'was his intent
To blow up king and parliament.
Three score barrels were laid below
To prove old England's overthrow.

By god's mercy he was catch'd
With a darkened lantern and burning match.
So, holler boys, holler boys, Let the bells ring.
Holler boys, holler boys, God save the king.

And what shall we do with him?
Burn him!

My walk yesterday.
XnYdpje.jpg

922iDog.jpg

Stylish photo Chuck :thumbsup:

How are you finding the pattern? :)

We see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Burn him!

My walk yesterday.
XnYdpje.jpg

922iDog.jpg

Yes. It's a crazy system. Leeds City Council have closed all the outdoor stalls, apart from the fruit and veg stalls (and even they were originally told not to turn up). Nobody seems to know what's going on inside either. I passed through today, and I'd say three quarters of the stalls are closed, but one of those open is the last remaining hardware stall. I managed to get some chips, but had to eat them standing up :rolleyes:

More fireworks round my way tonight, but I doubt many of the youngsters round here know much, if anything, about Guy Fawkes :rolleyes:

I'm glad you were able to get out yesterday David, though it looks pretty damp. Nice atmospheric pics, and a great-looking pie with your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Yes. It's a crazy system. Leeds City Council have closed all the outdoor stalls, apart from the fruit and veg stalls (and even they were originally told not to turn up). Nobody seems to know what's going on inside either. I passed through today, and I'd say three quarters of the stalls are closed, but one of those open is the last remaining hardware stall. I managed to get some chips, but had to eat them standing up :rolleyes:

More fireworks round my way tonight, but I doubt many of the youngsters round here know much, if anything, about Guy Fawkes :rolleyes:

Probably not, but they do round here. But isn't Mischief Night round about now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mischief_Night

Yeah, it's completely arbitrary now. Everyone knows their making this up now. Did you see our so-called "scientific advisers" in the Select Committee hearing the other day? They got caught out and squirmed like a man with a diarrhea in a job interview. :D Then started blaming each other for this charade.:rolleyes:
Circling the drain I think is what it's called. :rolleyes::D

Haha Jose very good.:thumbsup: I know it's not about that but apparently during the Cold War the Soviets had Spetsnaz sleeper cells in every Western European capital. If the Cold War had ever gone hot, we'd of all woken up to the news that all of Western Europe's leaders had a neat little hole between their eyes.
I don't know if course the Russians still do that of course, but I hope they do. :thumbsup:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november#businesses-and-venues

We see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Burn him!

My walk yesterday.
XnYdpje.jpg

922iDog.jpg
Is that a Pork Pie?

Many thanks, David.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

My current flock. I've thinned it quite a bit over the last few months - from 20-knives down to 9-knives.

X3V5p7u.jpg
Ed, your current flock is just great.:thumbsup:

We see no reason
Why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!

Burn him!

My walk yesterday.
XnYdpje.jpg

922iDog.jpg
Some really great photos from your walk, :thumbsup: David.
I like the simple branding of this Yorkshire Soap :D :thumbsup:

ULy2qPg.jpg
No mistaking it for white chocolate!:D Very nice photo of your Ebony lambfoot too.:thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and all. Beautiful morning today. Cooler and low humidity here in Coastal NC.
Got this in my pocket today.
IMG_2718.JPG

Probably not, but they do round here. But isn't Mischief Night round about now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mischief_Night

I'd never heard of Mischief Night before I moved from South Yorkshire to West Yorkshire, and I remember looking at that Wikipedia page 10 years or so ago. It's changed an awful lots since then, fair amount of cobblers on there :rolleyes: The local Cricket Club had a great fireworks display tonight, must have cost a few bob. I've been sat out in my back garden, round a blazing fire, drinking beer and roasting sausages and marshmallows, and watching the fireworks of course :) :thumbsup:

Good evening, Guardians, and happy Friday. I hope you all are keeping well - it's been a whirlwind week, I think I'll slow down for a drink and a smoke.

S23fbK5.jpg

Hope you enjoyed chilling out with that Winter Ale Dylan :) :thumbsup:

No mistaking it for white chocolate!:D Very nice photo of your Ebony lambfoot too.:thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and all. Beautiful morning today. Cooler and low humidity here in Coastal NC.
Got this in my pocket today.
View attachment 1450807

When I was about 5, my sister and I were opening our Christmas presents. We each got a Dalek soap in our stocking, but my sister told me it was chocolate, and that she'd just tasted hers o_O

Having a change eh Bill :) :thumbsup:

It been a gloomy day here, the mist never lifted all day, and by 2.00pm, it looked like it was going dark. I had a walk to an area I've not been to before, but the terrain was pretty bleak, with a lot of mud throughout. I'm absolutely beat, but I'll post some pics tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good day :) :thumbsup:

CinGgmy.jpg

Back