1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

1. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Mate, that is astonishing, and those thorns look positively barbaric. At least the Scotch looks inviting.;)

2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Looks like you have your hands full Dave ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, I would always choose a good independent over a chain, but there aren't many ordinary cafes left where I live anymore :( When I first lived in Leeds, 20 years ago, I couldn't count the number of independent cafes there were, just in the city centre, just ordinary places, where you could get a good breakfast, or inexpensive lunch. I think there are two small cafes left in the market now, out of maybe as many as 20, and elsewhere there isn't a single one left. The situation isn't much better locally either unfortunately :( :thumbsup:

That looks like one of the 2019 Guardians SFOs Bill :) Hope the rain goes on its way again soon, and that you have smoother weather ahead :) :thumbsup:

I think so too Ron, I wish we could have had a Guardians Lambsfoot made again this year :( I still see the BFO occasionally, and he is very wary of coming near me :D Considering the damage, Ashley did a good job of refurbishing the knife :) Thanks a lot pal :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

True David! :D :thumbsup:

Great pics there! :cool: Nice work on that pie, and I'm glad you were able to get out for a walk. It looks like a lovely day there mate :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Dwight, hope you're doing well buddy :) Smashing pic of your Hartshead Barlow my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good for you Mike, those look delicious :) I find the idea (in the link) of a 'Cookie Bar' at a wedding reception very intriguing :D :) :thumbsup:

Great post Dan, that looks like a very good value system :cool: Nice video :) :thumbsup:

It's always great to see you here Dennis :) Sorry that you had to cut your trip short o_O :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) A while back, someone said Schrade had discontinued that pattern, but I saw it on the site of a UK dealer yesterday, so maybe it is still available :thumbsup:

Thanks again pal :) That BFO is not getting his hands on another of my knives again! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

That looks like a lot of hard work Dennis, you earned your whiskey! :) :thumbsup: A lot of folks round my way have stoves, so there are a fair few chainsaws. If a tree goes down, you see folks running up the street with them to get the wood! :D Those thorns are vicious aren't they?! Here, that is one of the trees the cops recommend planting to deter intruders :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, missing my Thursday trip to the market today :( Not that I don't have plenty to do, but I hope I can get out and get some fresh air too. Have a good day Guardians, stay safe out there :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, Pàdruig, WHT and 11 others like this.
  3. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much, Dennis.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Haegar, Pàdruig and 12 others like this.
  5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Forgot I'd put these in the fridge the other day (like a small square doughnut) :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, Pàdruig, WHT and 11 others like this.
  6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the kind words Dennis! :) We've got plenty of Black Bears near here, but I'm not up to having breakfast with one of them! :rolleyes: ;) The Covid-19 should scare anyone, regardless of age. We had a lot of youngsters that caught it during Halloween parties. It spares no age group! :(

Dang Dennis! :eek: That looks like a pretty nasty Ice storm for this time of year! :( It's not even Winter yet my friend. Stay safe Dennis! :) :thumbsup:

Lol! The BFO has learned his lesson and does not want to endure the wraith of Mr. Jack Black ever again! :D Great photos of those Lambs Jack. Sorry you're missing the visit with your mates today! :( I'm afraid it's a sign of the times. Stay safe my friend! :) :thumbsup:

donn and Jack Black like this.
  7. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Good morning to all! :) I've got a Senator in my pocket this morning! :rolleyes: I seldom carry this one, but I was noticing the spine towards the tip has a larger radius than all of my other examples. With some minor variations, which I'm sure is due to the individual that built them, they all have what I have come expect as a typical looking Lambsfoot blade shape at the tip. Maybe this is a common thing for the Senator models. This is the only one I have, so I would welcome your comments! :thumbsup: Y'all stay safe out there, wherever you're at! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Pàdruig, WHT, Prester John and 9 others like this.
  8. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks.
    Not at the moment, but the old box was getting pretty low. Funny about knives and bandaids.

Jack Black likes this.
  9. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I have a couple of long-beaked modern TEWs, made who knows where, though.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  10. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    You are right on as far as it being a 2019 Guardians SFO.:thumbsup: Was gifted to me and it came as a big surprise as I have coveted them. I also received a Guardians SFO in "Piano" Ebony. That one is very nice too.;) Sorry to hear you speak of the decline in local cafes. Because of Covid we've lost some local businesses as well. Sad :( Luckily my favorite local eateries are still chugging along and I try to give them my business as much as possible:D
    Jose, that is a real neat photo. So clean and well composed.:thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians and all. Managed to put my favorite knife in the ole' pocket today:D. Not the best photo I've ever taken though:rolleyes:.
    IMG_2730.JPG

Pàdruig, WHT, Prester John and 9 others like this.
  11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I don't think I'd fancy having breakfast with a Black Bear either Ron! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

I think the BFO has learned his lesson, but he's still not handling one of my knives again! :rolleyes: Thank you very much my friend :) I have been doing some stuff out in the garden, and burning some old papers after a clear-out. No doubt, I'll now realise I needed half the stuff I burned, and be coughing from the smoke for the next 2 days! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Unusual choice Ron, I can't remember the last time I carried one of mine :) I think that tip is common on that model, maybe Wright's think it looks posher! :D ;) Here are mine :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Second Candle-end in Snakewood has a similarly rounded nose :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Yes indeed o_O :thumbsup:

I think that'll be Bagpipe Ebony you'll be referring to there Bill :) It wasn't quite as black as I'd been promised though :( The changes in the eateries here has more to do with gentrification than Covid-19, and it's the same with the pubs I'm afraid, the city's old pubs have been gradually replaced by swankier bars. Who knows what the place will look like after this pandemic is over though o_O That's good to hear that your local favourites are doing well Bill :) The situation here is nowhere near as bad in some of the smaller towns nearby thankfully. Prior to March, I ate at least one meal out most days, but that's all changed I'm afraid :( I think that's a nice pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Pàdruig, WHT, Ramrodmb and 5 others like this.
  12. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    I hope your lungs clear soon! :eek: Thanks for the comparison photos Jack! You may be spot on about Wright’s thinking’s on looking “posher”. :thumbsup: The candlestick model with the worked spine and snake wood is probably supposed to be a high end knife also! They all pale in comparison to your SFO’s Jack! ;)

Jack Black likes this.
  13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    You're very kind Ron :)

Half/Stop likes this.
  14. prairie.dog

prairie.dog Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Hey there Guardians, haven't checked in for a bit. Hope everyone is doing well. The season of never ending leaves is upon us here. Lots of mature trees and living on the bend of a large L street means the whole neighborhood's leaves blow down the street and into our yard :rolleyes: They can be a pain, but they're great brown material for the compost bin. Here's a shot of the first days work. The yard is already full again and many trees still haven't begun to shed yeto_O
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, Pàdruig, WHT and 13 others like this.
  15. Tim.E

Tim.E Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 7, 2019
  16. donn

donn Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 14, 2002
    They look nice; I'm going to have to try a go at them. :thumbsup:

Is that what you'd call an ice storm? Pretty impressive I'd say. As are those thorns. :eek:

There's something about old whistles isn't there. Nice shot, I like the lanyard work. :thumbsup:

Just a few pics from my walk today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 'Pikestones'. Remains of a neolithic burial mound.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, Pàdruig, WHT and 12 others like this.
  17. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    You are quite correct Jack...:DI miss quoted the former owner:rolleyes:. Bagpipe Ebony it is!:thumbsup: I have no idea why I came up with "Piano". Regardless, it is a nice lamb foot knife to be sure.:thumbsup: Here, across the pond, we are all waiting on the new administration to unleash their plan for controlling Covid. What ever:eek:

CelloDan and Jack Black like this.
  18. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks, Bill.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

19. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks, David.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

donn likes this.
  20. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

Pàdruig, Onebigbill, WHT and 7 others like this.